William Orbit working on Michael & Freddie Mercury duet

Re: William Orbit working on a unreleased song of Freddie Mercury and Michael?

does this mean we will get to hear the official version of there must be more to life then this??

does this mean we will get to hear the official version of there must be more to life then this??

Yes. We will also get to hear the official "updated" version of State Of Shock and Victory.

Waiting >>>>
popcorn-MJ.gif
:timer:

From the Daily Mail today:</SPAN>

• Mercury’s former bandmates Brian May and Roger Taylor working on tracks</SPAN>
• They have promised ‘something for folks to hear’ in two months</SPAN>

Duets featuring Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury are finally set to be officially released, three decades after they were recorded.</SPAN>

Mercury’s former bandmates, Brian May and Roger Taylor, are working on tracks featuring the two dead superstars and have promised ‘something for folks to hear’ in two months.</SPAN>

Guitarist May described working on the sessions this month as: ‘Exciting, challenging, emotionally taxing. But cool.’ </SPAN>

The prospect of pop’s two greatest showmen combining in a musical reprise is a mouth-watering prospect for fans around the world.</SPAN>

Yet ironically the pair fell out after a collaboration in the early 1980s.</SPAN>

In what is thought to have been their only session together, they recorded three songs during six hours spent at Jackson’s home studio in Encino, California. </SPAN>

In 2011, May confirmed the Jackson estate had given permission for him to revamp the trio of recordings with Taylor and the pair have brought in US-based music producer William Orbit, who has worked with Madonna and Blur.</SPAN>

The tracks are likely to include new guitar solos from May along with Queen-style vocal harmonies.
</SPAN>
Writing on his blog in reply to a fan, May, 66, said: ‘There are a few items in progress. We will have something for folks to hear in a couple of months’ time, hopefully.’</SPAN>

A Jackson family source said he believed the post-Encino row stemmed from the pair’s inability to arrange a second recording session.</SPAN>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...om the Daily Mail ased--decades-recorded.html

Yes. We will also get to hear the official "updated" version of State Of Shock and Victory.

Surely those are gonna be TMBMTLTT and SOS. But no one mentioned Victory. Brian said - "couple of tracks". Meaning it can be only 2, but sometimes people mean more than 2 as well. So we can't be certain.

For now its pretty safe to assume that they mean all the tracks until they specifically state otherwise :)

Rudolf;3876525 said:
Surely those are gonna be TMBMTLTT and SOS. But no one mentioned Victory. Brian said - "couple of tracks". Meaning it can be only 2, but sometimes people mean more than 2 as well. So we can't be certain.

Seven;3876522 said:
From the Daily Mail today:
...In what is thought to have been their only session together, they recorded three songs during six hours spent at Jackson&#8217;s home studio in Encino, California.

3 tracks ---> including Victory. Or, if not, it might even be some unknown duet we never heard of.

3 tracks ---> including Victory. Or, if not, it might even be some unknown duet we never heard of.

Never heard of that Daily Mail news. Cool.

It would be a little disappointing if it was just TMBMTLTT and SOS considering they've been released already - and the vocals on those aren't rough like the Freddie tracks are no doubt.

Still I'm eager to hear.

Imagine Victory was some bangin uptempo that went to #1 everywhere...well, a boy can dream!

So there's no information on how and where it's gonna be released? Itunes single? Queen album?

Oh well, let's wait and hear!

I'm sure it will be great!

It could be release as singles, maybe.

Something material would be nice! :)

Apparently the Estate have said SOS won't be under a Queen release. looking for the statement.

The BBC has also reported the story and said three songs but no other information on what the songs were or when we could know more.

The BBC has also reported the story and said three songs but no other information on what the songs were or when we could know more.

Very unusually, there was a discussion on BBC radio 4 in the 'Today' programme this morning, about this upcoming release. Paul Gambaccini and Laura Barton were either in the studio or online, discussing whether this kind of posthumous release is worthwhile. PG was positive and either he or the interviewer said it would be welcomed by the fans. LB not so keen, said this kind of thing was 'sucking the bones dry' and artists should be 'left some dignity'.

Amusing part was that PG referred to these as being known as the 'Llama' recordings, and mentioned the lama in the studio. There was some debate as to whether the lama was featured in any of the recordings, and someone said 'llamas whistle, don't they?'. After another short item, one of the studio leads came back and said that someone had found a recording of a whistling llama (presumably in the limitless BBC sound archives) , and they played it on air! It didn't sound like a whistle, more like a 'buzzy' bleat.

This is an iplayer link to this segment...sadly without the whistling lama which followed the next item.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01djlw6

Last edited:

As long as they don't deform completely the original music, I'll be happy. I don't hate Living On My Own but I don't love it either. I wish Victory is released, that's the one we've never heard.

Will the vocals but the same ones we have on available (on youtube, etc) or will they be different??

Will the vocals but the same ones we have on available (on youtube, etc) or will they be different??

I don't think we'll know until it is released. They may have recorded a few different alternative takes so we'll have to see ! :)

I don't think we'll know until it is released. They may have recorded a few different alternative takes so we'll have to see ! :)

I would set your expectations low on this one. Then the disappointment won't be as bad. Just saying.

I would set your expectations low on this one. Then the disappointment won't be as bad. Just saying.

brian may and roger taylor are working on these song's with extreme care, i don't think they will ruin anything, i personally believe it will be the gift of the year, in michael world in my opinion, been waiting to hear victory for so long, and finished versions of their must be more to life and state of shock by freddie's band members, its gonna be special.

Michael & Freddie Mercury duets to be released in two months

The duets between Michael and Freddie are to be released in 2 months although there is now specific date yet, for any Queen fans on here there a bit of info about the Freddie Mercury biopic.

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/71708

Re: Michael & Freddie Mercury duets to be released in two months

The duets between Michael and Freddie are to be released in 2 months although there is now specific date yet, for any Queen fans on here there a bit of info about the Freddie Mercury biopic.

http://www.nme.com/news/michael-jackson/71708

cant wait to hear these duets, they will be truly magical, two genius' of music HIStory together, in one release, its going to be an honour, listening to these song's, over and over :) edit: not gonna get my hopes up for demo's, but it would be awesome to hear them also :D

There must be more to life than this there are two demos on YouTube Michaels solo and the duet there is also state of shock duet on YouTube the only unreleased song is victory I hope this will now finally be released

Wow. That's awesome and I can't wait.

What a duo I loved them both.

Wow. That's awesome and I can't wait.

The Jackson estate has stated there is only 1 song brian may could release period. They also stated they would have to here it first to approve it. Any other tracks they recorded would only come from the MJ estate. This I would guess is the song we have all heard before. I'm only saying this because we as fans tend to get our hopes up to high and then are eventually disappointed. I would caution your excitement for that reason alone. Maybe then for once we may be pleasantly surprised with unexpected result.

The Jackson estate has stated there is only 1 song brian may could release period. They also stated they would have to here it first to approve it. Any other tracks they recorded would only come from the MJ estate. This I would guess is the song we have all heard before. I'm only saying this because we as fans tend to get our hopes up to high and then are eventually disappointed. I would caution your excitement for that reason alone. Maybe then for once we may be pleasantly surprised with unexpected result.

you may be right.. their was a snippet of their must be more to life, during the freddie mercury: great pretender docu :(

The Jackson estate has stated there is only 1 song brian may could release period. .

Where did they stated this??

Where did they stated this??

Roger Friedman reported on it the other day. His source was the Michael Jackson Estate.

The estate are way too critical, most of michael's unreleased music will not be released because they don't feel it is good enough, which annoys the hell out of me. It's great that at least one of those tracks will be getting released though. I hope they don't change them too much though.

Back