William Orbit working on Michael & Freddie Mercury duet

Producer of new Queen album feat: Mercury & Jackson vocals is revealed!

Bonnie Lamrock August 2, 2014 News

20130730_1_m80.jpg

William Orbit has confirmed he is producing Queen’s new album based on unreleased vocals by late singer Freddie Mercury.
Orbit announced the news in a tweet which said: “Am definitely working with QUEEN. Amazing songs. That’s all I’m saying for now. Watch this space.”
Queen guitarist Brian May confirmed in May that he and drummer Roger Taylor were working on the album, which is likely to be called ‘Queen Forever’ and is believed to be released before Christmas.
“We had to start from scratch,” May told BBC Radio Wales of the new recording sessions. “Knowing how it would have happened if we’d finished the songs, I can sit there and make it happen with modern technology. It’s quite emotional. It’s the big, big Queen ballads and the big, big epic sound.” May added that Mercury’s vocals for the album were recorded in the 1980s.
Orbit, who has produced Blur, Madonna and Britney Spears, previously announced in July 2013 that he was producing a duet between Mercury and Michael Jackson, which is likely to feature on the new Queen album.
Mercury and Jackson recorded three unreleased songs during the sessions for Jackson’s classic 1982 album ‘Thriller’. The three songs were subsequently re-recorded, but not as Jackson/Mercury duets. ‘Victory’ and ‘State Of Shock’ were sung by The Jacksons on their 1984 album ‘Victory’, with ‘State Of Shock’ featuring Mick Jagger singing what would have been Mercury’s vocals. ‘There Must Be More To Life Than This’ is on Mercury’s 1985 solo album ‘Mr Bad Guy’. Jackson and Mercury’s demo of ‘State Of Shock’ can be heard below. It isn’t known which of the three songs will feature on the new album.
The new album will be Queen’s second to feature vocals based on unreleased Mercury vocals since the singer’s death in 1991. ‘Made In Heaven’, released in 1995, featured bassist John Deacon, but he has since left the band and won’t feature on the new album.
Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/queen/78923#g2OIWWvQR9h7qMkM.99

Queen guitarist Brian May confirmed in May that he and drummer Roger Taylor were working on the album, which is likely to be called ‘Queen Forever’ and is believed to be released before Christmas.

Don`t know but didn`t we have the same reports with christmas-release for a year. I will believe it when there is a official announcement which confirms there is a MJ-Track on it

I saw a documentary about freddie Mercury some days ago.
It was mentioned he worked with Michael and the manager -or if it was an assistant- said Freddie called him and asked for help to get out of it.
He said Michael had llamas in the studio and he wasn´t used to that.
I think Freddie for some reason didn´t want to work with the songs, with Michael anymore and wanted an excuse to leave.
Maybe Michael wanted to work day amd night with the songs but Freddie wanted to go out and have some fun too.

MIST;4033417 said:
I saw a documentary about freddie Mercury some days ago.
It was mentioned he worked with Michael and the manager -or if it was an assistant- said Freddie called him and asked for help to get out of it.
He said Michael had llamas in the studio and he wasn´t used to that.
I think Freddie for some reason didn´t want to work with the songs, with Michael anymore and wanted an excuse to leave.
Maybe Michael wanted to work day amd night with the songs but Freddie wanted to go out and have some fun too.

I've seen the same documentary where Queen manager Jim Beach said that Freddie didn't want to work there because MJ had llamas in the studio. I have never heard anyone saying that MJ had Louie or Lola in the studio, only Muscles or Bubbles? I think Jim Beach was talking nonsense in that regard.
Llamas are horse like animals and I don't see MJ bringing in the studio that kind of animal.

Bubs;4033525 said:
I've seen the same documentary where Queen manager Jim Beach said that Freddie didn't want to work there because MJ had llamas in the studio. I have never heard anyone saying that MJ had Louie or Lola in the studio, only Muscles or Bubbles? I think Jim Beach was talking nonsense in that regard.
Llamas are horse like animals and I don't see MJ bringing in the studio that kind of animal.
Freddie can have spoken about working in the studio and then mentioned there were llamas there.
But then he didn´t mean they were in the studio.
Sometimes you just jump from one thought to the other.
The manager misunderstood,or didn´t hear clear, didn´t remember what Freddie really said

I hope it's true this time, although in that article it has some stuff wrong. Michael and Freddie worked together after Thriller and the Victory song was never released. I'm hoping as well they release the songs as Mike and Freddie left them as bonus, I didn't like what William Orbit did with Living On My Own.

<section class="single"> <article id="post-content-201218"> Queen Waiting For Clearance From Michael Jackson&#8217;s Estate On Unreleased Freddie Mercury Duets

by Dave Lifton August 30, 2014 11:54 AM
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

<figure id="attachment_201219" class="alignleft">
Freddie-Mercury-Michael-Jackson-Hulton-Archive.jpg
<figcaption style="width:630px;">Hulton Archive (2), Getty Images</figcaption></figure> Arguably the most eagerly awaited tracks to be found on Queen&#8216;s next album, &#8216;Queen Forever,&#8217; are the official release of some duets Freddie Mercury made with Michael Jackson. However, drummer Roger Taylor says that Jackson&#8217;s estate is currently holding up the proceedings.
&#8220;[Yes], if we could get a decision from the Michael Jackson estate, who seem to be, well, difficult,&#8221; Taylor told the London Evening Standard. &#8220;William Orbit did a really nice mix of one of our tracks with Michael and I&#8217;m pretty certain that will be on &#8216;Queen Forever.&#8217; But it&#8217;s been like wading through glue.&#8221;
Taylor and guitarist Brian May have been working with Orbit on completing unfinished music that in their vaults and debuted one of the possible songs, &#8216;Love Kills,&#8217; this summer while on the road with Adam Lambert. While they hope to have it ready by Christmas, Taylor admitted that he&#8217;s still a bit vague on the details.
&#8220;I&#8217;m not quite sure what&#8217;s on it yet,&#8221; he continued. &#8220;We&#8217;ve got some great new tracks that haven&#8217;t been heard and there&#8217;s an interesting selection of older stuff.&#8221;

</article></section>

Read More: Queen Waiting For Clearance From Michael Jackson's Estate On Unreleased Freddie Mercury Duets | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queen-michael-jacksons-duets/?trackback=fbshare_top&trackback=tsmclip

<section class="single"> <article id="post-content-201218">
</article></section>

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queen-michael-jacksons-duets/?trackback=fbshare_top

I'm not sure why the Estate does not give them the green light. The Xscape campaign seems to be over, at least they do not seem to put much effort into promoting APWNN, so they as well as might give the go ahead to the Queen project now.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queen-michael-jacksons-duets/?trackback=fbshare_top

I'm not sure why the Estate does not give them the green light. The Xscape campaign seems to be over, at least they do not seem to put much effort into promoting APWNN, so they as well as might give the go ahead to the Queen project now.

If anything it'll probably benefit Xscape too! Many news articles about the duet will mention Xscape, perhaps encouraging more people to check it out as well.

Foo Fighters tease more UK dates with a picture of Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury
Read more at http://www.clickmusic.com/news/arti...l-jackson-freddie-mercury#f2MezpTpeSHuzd8S.99

foo-fighters-tease-more-uk-dates-with-michael-jackson-freddie-mercury-teaser.jpg

They uploaded a picture of a drum kit to their Facebook page with an image of Freddie Mercury and Michael Jackson with the caption: "Michael and Freddy think it would be a shame to just do one show while we're in the UK..."

Back