William Orbit working on Michael & Freddie Mercury duet

Who here is on twitter? perhaps someone could ask him whats happening? If his tweets are anything to go by hes been driving more then 6 hours and hasn't pulled over once. Surely his bladder must be ready to be emptied soon..

:shifty:
popcorn-MJ.gif

Billyjeanplxiv;3955260 said:
no. He pulled over to make those two tweets. that's it.

so whats the great news about There Must Be More To Life Then This that he said he would share today?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>great news on TMBMTLTT, will share more later today</p>&mdash; William Orbit (@WilliamOrbit) <a href="https://twitter.com/WilliamOrbit/statuses/427137178578079744">January 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

William Orbit ?@WilliamOrbit 8h
no finer thing in life than driving round Vegas with soaring Brian guitar and epic Freddie and Michael voices blasting!

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

More

William Orbit ?@WilliamOrbit 8h
Have to tell you all, TMBMTLTT was one of the most soul-stirring things I ever worked on

That. Whos on vocals, who is doing guitar. and he describes the song as soul stirring. If theres more info he wants to post he will.

lol i wouldn't consider that news, we already knew who was on guitar and obviously Michael Jackson and Freddy Murcury are on vocals!

^
lol, yeah we!
But orbit did not tweet to us hardcore MJ fans. He tweeted to his 33598 Followers.
And they maybe have not known all the things we already know about TMBMTLTT.

What i'm curious of, is the question if this Queen/MJ thing has a connection to the new MJ album, or if it is a completely separate project.
Judging by the statements of Brian May in the past it looks as something different & chances are higher that the 2-3 duets will arrive on a Queen release.
And the last time Brian commented the Estate had not given their blessing to release the MJ vox.

Last edited:
Hurry up we've waited long enough im sick of unreleased MJ teasing from the people who work on these projects for the last year. Im grateful it appears to being done right and not rushed but damn not even a snippet or a single :(

I seem to remember Friedman or TMZ (I forget which) said that the MJ Estate were only going to allow Queen to release 1 song (Subject to them approving it) and the other two would be for an MJ project.

Somebody said earlier they hope that Freddie's vocals won't take centre stage over MJ's well I have to say I would expect that to be the case if this is going to be a 'Queen feat MJ' release.

Honestlty, id like the duets to be even. However. Queen fans have been lacking songs with Freddie Vocals since Made in Heaven was released in 1995. They have got a few one off tracks here and there. Freddie has been dead longer than Michael. Being that's the case, I wouldn't mind Freddie having more of an part. However they are duets. They should be good.

I feel as though we will get a Queen album by the end of the year with State Of Shock and There Must Be More To Life Than This. Unsure about Victory though. Brian seems to not like it as I remember him labeling it as a "turd" in a comment made some years ago. Will be amazing to hear those tracks and especially in better quality for State of Shock!

Billyjeanplxiv;3955516 said:
Honestlty, id like the duets to be even. However. Queen fans have been lacking songs with Freddie Vocals since Made in Heaven was released in 1995. They have got a few one off tracks here and there. Freddie has been dead longer than Michael. Being that's the case, I wouldn't mind Freddie having more of an part. However they are duets. They should be good.

I just would like to mention that Freddie&#8217;s solo version of There must be more to life than this was officially released on one of his albums &#8230; so for his fans Michael&#8217;s presents on this song can be not good news.

Allusio;4010773 said:
I just would like to mention that Freddie&#8217;s solo version of There must be more to life than this was officially released on one of his albums &#8230; so for his fans Michael&#8217;s presents on this song can be not good news.

I am a member of Queenonline and there seems to be no one who would be annoyed by this. Everyone realises that the sessions need to see the light of day and in the proper format.

Allusio;4010773 said:

It's not that they just randomly put Michael on a Freddie Mercury song. The song originally was intended to be a duet between the two.

^ I guess they are waiting for the go-ahead by the Estate?

Seems likely I don't think they can afford to not use material. These songs had to be 'found' so these are probably the last batch.

Back