Working Day And Night and Beat It live

analogue

Proud Member
I love the performances of these two songs. Love the way Working Day And Night builds up, the energy, the ad libs, and the magic trick at the end which leads to Michael appearing on the cherry picker, and then Beat It kicks in. The two songs flow together perfectly.

One of the highlights of a Michael Jackson concert

Completely. The Dangerous 93 leg seems like an incomplete concert without them. WDAN was the heartbeat of the Dangerous Tour

Agree, only gripe is too many false ends on WDAN.

One of my favourite MJ songs, but a. 9 minute version of an album track seemed a little indulgent, especially when so many great songs were missed out from the very album the tour was supposed to be promoting.

Love his vocals in it though.

That's exactly why I had WDAN/Beat It in my dream setlist. I would have loved it if This Is It brought back WDAN.

I totally agree. The WDAN-Beat It-Billie Jean sequence is the highlight of the show. I was never bothered by the length of WDAN either. I so love that song. It should have been a single.

I totally agree. The WDAN-Beat It-Billie Jean sequence is the highlight of the show. I was never bothered by the length of WDAN either. I so love that song. It should have been a single.

The guitar solos and false endings are my favourite bits too. The performance in Bucharest is probably my 2nd favourite live performance by him ever.

I love WDAN on the record, but the Bad and Dangerous tour performances never really work for me. Firstly, the song is played so straight and the tempo is a bit too high for my liking. Secondly, I can imagine that the false endings may be spectacular live, but I'm not a fan of those. It particularly bothers me on the Dangerous Tour, because in addition to WDAN and Beat It, you also have BOW in that part of the set with a similar extended ending.

I do love the performances on the Triumph Tour though. It's more loose and funky, and this is of course one of the songs that greatly benefits from having the live horn section there. The song sounds great on the Live! album and was an absolute highlight of the Spike Lee docu. Would LOVE to see the full performance.

The only one I don't like is from the Victory tour with that weird alien abduction thing that abruptly cuts off the song. The false endings are awesome and I loved MJs ad-libs on that song.

IVE BEEN WORKING

(Dun)

Getting tired of you

(Dun dun)

Workin 9 to 5

(Dun)

Working every day

(Dun dun)

Hoo!
(Dun)
Hee!
(Dun)
Hoo!
(Dun)
Hee!

(Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun)

I love the energy in this part of the show, I mean by this time he'd been performing for an hour, hour and half. To have the energy to take it up a gear was incredible!! And those vocals...:jump:

Completely. The Dangerous 93 leg seems like an incomplete concert without them. WDAN was the heartbeat of the Dangerous Tour

Which is one of the reasons I don't understand why some fans keep pushing for an official 1993 release of the Dangerous Tour. It just doesn't feel right without Working Day And Night and Beat It. Yes, 1993 has Dangerous, but WDAN and Beat It is more entertaining for me.

Back