Worst MJ song you EVER heard.

Privacy, or Get Your Weight Off Me (hard to say in that quality). But I still enjoy them at some level.

Please tell me the version you like is the one from The Jacksons. Otherwise you're dead to me.
Victory is shit overall. Although I like a few tracks (Torture and State of Shock), the album as a whole doesn't hold up.

Guess we're now mortal enemies (@AlwaysThere new member to your alliance).

I am surprised no one mentioned Can't get out of the rain or Girlfriend!

D.S. is the winner for me, sadly. It's, for me, the worst track on History, even Come Together is better. It's a pointless diss track.

Or Superfly Sister.
Superfly sister did take a while for me to like but now I love it. It's one of those songs that show how visionary Michael is, with how our society still views love. Love the euphemisms and hand-clapping in the song

Honestly, the disrespect of “Shout” and “If You Don’t Love Me” is criminal. Great songs. However:

Strong second place for me behind “What a Lovely Way to Go.” Just an abysmally mediocre song, worsened by what has to be MJ’s worst recorded vocal performance.
It's unfair to even consider "What a Lovely Way to Go" since it's a rough demo that MJ never intended to release. Terribly mixed by the way.

Tell me how is it good when it's just mumbling and random sounds.
It has proper lyrics, it’s just speed-rapped and admittedly questionably mixed. No different than “Tabloid Junkie” in my opinion!
It's unfair to even consider "What a Lovely Way to Go" since it's a rough demo that MJ never intended to release. Terribly mixed by the way.
There are plenty rough demos that are still bursting with potential and intrigue. I don’t hold it to the same standard as a finished song, but I still don’t care for it.

It has proper lyrics, it’s just speed-rapped and admittedly questionably mixed. No different than “Tabloid Junkie” in my opinion!
From a mixing point of view, Tabloid Junkie is cohesive at least. Shout has a load of things overlapping the vocals, making it impossible to understand the lyrics. Kinda ruins it for me.

... What A Lovely Way To Go is one of my favourite tracks of last year y'all 😂😭

Worst MJ track imo is easily "Invincible", everything about it really.

Break of Dawn was exceptionally bad. Notable mentions to Euphoria, Just Good Friends, YANA and Cry

You are my life. she’s out of my life and privacy. They are all tied with Heal the world close behind.

One More Chance is probably the worst. It definitely is from a technical POV. The vocal sounds ATROCIOUS and has R. Kelly singing some of the leads. WTF?! It should have never passed QC.

It's such a shame this is the last real single released in Michael's life.

Some songs from Invincible like Privacy and Cry are terrible too. Cringe lyrics on both -- they sound like parodies of Michael's earlier songs. Privacy has a very good vocal though and the production on Cry is top-notch, maybe the best on the whole album.

Throwaways like You Are My Life and Don't Walk Away shouldn't have been released when wonderful ballads such as I'm So Blue, Loving You, and Dreams Away were ready to go.

From a mixing point of view, Tabloid Junkie is cohesive at least. Shout has a load of things overlapping the vocals, making it impossible to understand the lyrics. Kinda ruins it for me.

Shout is such a strange song. The lyrics are fantastic -- some of the very best Michael didn't pen himself.

"Poisoned your body and your soul for a minute of pleasure
But the damage that you've done is gonna last forever"

But the production sounds like it was thrown together without any thought -- if you listen closely, one line of the rap/lead vocal is actually Teddy Riley rather than Michael!!! Is it a lack of attention to detail or MJ never recorded it properly and Teddy had to work with whatever he had? We'll never know.

And why the hell did the Backstreet Boys perform this song live at the peak of their fame? That's SO weird. One of the most obscure songs in MJ's entire career and the biggest boyband of all time performs it live in concert?

I love it though. One of the best experiments to come out of the Invincible era.

One More Chance is probably the worst. It definitely is from a technical POV. The vocal sounds ATROCIOUS and has R. Kelly singing some of the leads. WTF?! It should have never passed QC.

It's such a shame this is the last real single released in Michael's life.

Some songs from Invincible like Privacy and Cry are terrible too. Cringe lyrics on both -- they sound like parodies of Michael's earlier songs. Privacy has a very good vocal though and the production on Cry is top-notch, maybe the best on the whole album.

Throwaways like You Are My Life and Don't Walk Away shouldn't have been released when wonderful ballads such as I'm So Blue, Loving You, and Dreams Away were ready to go.
I agree with all of this.

You are not alone was a big hit here in the UK so I have always enjoyed it but the other R Kelly tracks for MJ were poor.

Someone earlier said that the vocals on Heaven Can Wait was the worst they had heard from Mike but I just think his singing style had changed a bit and sounded like he was singing more through the nose?

I actually think it was due to poor nose surgery. If you were to pinch your nose a little and try to sing, it gives off that same effect!

Btw. I love loving you!!

I agree with all of this.

You are not alone was a big hit here in the UK so I have always enjoyed it but the other R Kelly tracks for MJ were poor.

Someone earlier said that the vocals on Heaven Can Wait was the worst they had heard from Mike but I just think his singing style had changed a bit and sounded like he was singing more through the nose?

I actually think it was due to poor nose surgery. If you were to pinch your nose a little and try to sing, it gives off that same effect!

Btw. I love loving you!!
What makes their whole collaboration strange is that Kelly wrote some truly amazing anthems that could've/should've gone to Michael and been on Invincible & Number Ones. The World's Greatest and I Believe I Can Fly... why didn't Michael get these? Either would have been a very respectable follow-up to Man in the Mirror. Cry and One More Chance are total duds in comparison. All four were written around the same time...

YANA is so great, I think, due to Michael's attention to detail. He's redone the whole production by himself, plus he added the key change and choir... He talked about it in an interview during the HIStory promo campaign. Seemed proud, borderline smug (off the top of my head) that he shaped this song he didn't write to such a great extent. One of those rare moments he discussed his creative process.

A lot of unreleased (or posthumous released) songs like:
Serious Effect
Nightline
Slapstick
She Got It
Work That Body
Don't Be Messin' 'Round
She's Trouble
Deep In The Night

Apart from those I would choose Superfly Sister andThis Time Around

Probably something like 2000 watts or Privacy, although this question isn't one I find easy to answer as I don't think I hate anything MJ has done.

I guess that's not really the question of the thread but yeah hard one for me.

Back