Would you go see a MJ hologram concert?

Truth to that. But what if they can create a hologram out of existing footage in the future? Would you refuse to watch it? I mean let them take any existing Bad tour footage and build a hologram from it. No impersonators involved. Just Michael's original footage presented as a hologram. We have Michael in form of movies, soon-ish in 3D, so why not as a hologram when technology is ready/capable of creating it?

^Exactly, if this hologram would be a 3D projection of existing footage I don't see how that would be much different from watching that footage on DVD, or in any other format. I'm afraid if they'd ever delve into creating something like this tho, it would be like the Billboard one - which had nothing to do with Michael Jackson and is what I would call 'fake'

I'm afraid if they'd ever delve into creating something like this tho, it would be like the Billboard one - which had nothing to do with Michael Jackson and is what I would call 'fake'

Well it only had to be "fake" as there was no footage or choreography for MJ dancing to STTR. If they were doing a concert of his greatest hits, well there would be footage to utilise.

Well it only had to be "fake" as there was no footage or choreography for MJ dancing to STTR.

But why did there have to be a hologram at all for that occasion? There isn't any footage, like you said, so they shouldn't have wanted to make a hologram for it. I don't think anything or anyone should have Michael's name on it if it isn't him.

But why did there have to be a hologram at all for that occasion? There isn't any footage, like you said, so they shouldn't have wanted to make a hologram for it. I don't think anything or anyone should have Michael's name on it if it isn't him.

I get where you're coming from, but it was to help market Xscape. While I personally was rather mixed on the performance itself, marketing-wise it did a pretty good job I reckon, there was news all over the internet and the general public seemed to like it.

^I understand they were trying to market Xscape, but I wish they would have gone about it in a more authentic way - actually focussing on his artistry and not reducing it to a gimmick by making a hologram out of an impersonator. Then again, they didn't do that on the album itself either so maybe I shouldn't have expected that much, lol.

^I understand they were trying to market Xscape, but I wish they would have gone about it in a more authentic way - actually focussing on his artistry and not reducing it to a gimmick by making a hologram out of an impersonator. Then again, they didn't do that on the album itself either so maybe I shouldn't have expected that much, lol.

Hmmm, I don't know if I disagree completely with the notion of an impersonator because I understand that STTR has no choreography... but honestly they could've gotten a much better impersonator/choreographer. It doesn't even need to be an impersonator, just a dancer of similar build to MJ because his heads going to be digitally replaced anyway. Just get a good dancer/choreographer dammit! :p

But yes, I get what you're saying. If there's going to be a concert, I want them to stick to songs we have actual footage of, so we can have it as authentic as possible (well, as authentic as something like this can be for someone who isn't here).

The best way to avoid a repeat of that Billboard mess would be to completely render MJ in 3d like they did Tupac. :yes:
I know 3d rendering isn't easy, but it's the best way to do it. :)

Nah, I have to respectfully disagree. I don't think it'd really matter if they used footage of him from the earlier days. I also wouldn't be against new outfits so long as they kept to MJ's style! (but I'm sure a number of fans would complain about it).

You know what would be cool though? Have a 2-3 hour holographic concert that focuses on the journey of Michael's career. So you start off with a little holographic Motown era Michael in the Jackson 5, then as the concert progresses, we see him transition into his Jacksons self, then him throughout his various eras as an adult solo artist! Each era can use footage from the respective eras (or at least use it as a base, depending on technological requirements) and they can pick his very best performances from each era! Then conclude it the way he was going to end This Is It, with him hopping off on a plane and flying out ^_^

This sound awesome great ideas :yes: Now that would be a excellent concert to see i would go.

Yes i definetly would, IF:
-only existing footage of MJ would be used, or
-if they created a completely original MJ 3d rendering taking cues for the facial expressions, body build/movement, choreography, etc. ONLY from MJ himself NOT from an impersonator.

Last edited:
I see no reason for that? his stage clothes is fine as it is. wouldn't want them to put on clothes on him that he never wore, even if it is his style. I only want to see him in his own clothes that he chose to wear himself

You kinda have to look at it from the point of view of the current public.
If these MJ holograms concerts became popular people would most likely get tired of outfits that they've seen before, and they would want new outfits.:)

In hindsight perhaps I should have added a poll to this thread.
But then again if people could just click yes or no on a poll then there would most likely be no discussion.:)

You did great on this thread it look like alots of us would go only if it is done right and using footage of Michael NO IMPERSONATORS

You kinda have to look at it from the point of view of the current public.
If these MJ holograms concerts became popular people would most likely get tired of outfits that they've seen before, and they would want new outfits.:)

I honestly think that's the last thing on people's minds. it should be as authentic as possible, with 100% MJ from footage that already exists. putting other clothes on him, then it's already starting to become tacky and fake. even more than it already is

I honestly think that's the last thing on people's minds. it should be as authentic as possible, with 100% MJ from footage that already exists. putting other clothes on him, then it's already starting to become tacky and fake. even more than it already is

Yeah and most people who'll go see it will only see it once, so I don't think the costumes aspect will bother them. Those who do go multiple times would likely be hardcore fans of MJ who don't care what he's wearing haha.

Back