Would You Rather: Yokohama in Perfect Quality or Wembley in Decent Quality?

AlwaysThere

Proud Member
For a moment, pretend you're the person who has the final say as to what concert is released for Bad 25. You have only two options (there are more, but pretend you have two): Yokohama 1987 and Wembley 1988. The Yokohama master recordings are available, thus making it easier to upscale to 1080p HD for a Blu-ray release. However, that concert has been broadcast on TV and is available for free on dozens of websites in DVD quality, not to mention the fact that the audio is a "front of house" mix, and is not suitable for a live CD. The Wembley concert has been the subject of fan speculation for years, as it is called Michael's best performance, not to mention the fact that the multitrack audio masters are available. Although the only visual source available is a 24-year-old VHS, you know that you can contact a restoration team to restore the video to 8/10 quality.

So choose: Yokohama in Perfect Quality or Wembley in Decent Quality? Do not take the community into consideration; make your OWN choice based on what you feel would be best.

Wembley. It's a second leg show, there'd be more of an audience for it as it broke so many records and not many people have seen a full second leg show. Yokohama is easily available in pretty decent quality. :)

Wembley, because we already have Yokohama everywhere in good quality.

However, I would choose any 88 concert from master recordings with HQ sound any day over this VHS Wembley.

Wembley for the following reasons:

1. more than 504.000 people visited the concerts
2. about 1,5 million people tried to get a ticket
3. the special atmosphere at wembley
4. the truly amazing multitracks
5. finally a full unedited second leg concert

I'd like to have all wembley concerts on DVD :D

Wembley.

By all accounts one of MJ's greatest performances both vocally and visually. One person I've spoken to went to two of the Wembley nights before it came here to Cork City, to cover it for a special that featured in our local newspaper and he said the night of the royal performance was the most incredible show he's ever seen in his life.

Wembley - Ive already seen Yokohama - I havent seen Wembley and be released in decent quality.

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but a real challenge would be

Yokohama 87 vs Munich 97

I know this has nothing to do with this thread but a real challenge would be

Yokohama 87 vs Munich 97

Munich!!! Even tho its not the best HIStory Tour show, its got that special MJ feel to it, Yokohama had a close setlist and dancing style like when the Jackson brothers used to be together, Munich was like a flawless concert, MJ perfected all his dance moves, setlist was damn near perfect and quality was High Definition!

No doubt Wembley...Bad tour second leg and MJ on fire....can't wait!!

Of course Wembley :)

You can't put Yokohama and Wembley in the same line... And it's not that much about the fact that everyone watched Yokohama X times but comparing first leg and second leg is just a crime :D First leg was in fact a few another Victory Tour shows with IJCSLY and Bad added at the end... While 2nd leg is the proper Bad Tour where we can see and hear hits from the album :)

Wembley, of course. I'd take any shows that we haven't seen before over Yokohama. But if they decide to release Yokohama in great quality on blu-ray someday, I will buy it too!

Wembley! :woohoo:
kermit.gif

Back