Would You Rather: Yokohama in Perfect Quality or Wembley in Decent Quality?

Wembley. No question.

2nd leg show, so Smooth Criminal, APOM, MITM, TWYMMF, Dirty Diana etc are all included.

The audio quality will be supreme.

We have seen Yokohama a million times.

Wembley is a legendary music venue, and Michael sold it out a record 7 times on the Bad tour. He sold it out 15 times in his career - more than any other artist in history.

Wembley, because of the original multitracks.

5.1 audio... We'll experience it within a week or so.

According to Amazon, the Yokohama bonus tracks are in 5.1 surround as well.
So they might also have the Yokohama multi tracks.

According to Amazon, the Yokohama bonus tracks are in 5.1 surround as well.
So they might also have the Yokohama multi tracks.

They do have the Yokohama multi-tracks. The Yokohama concert that's been on the internet for years is a multi-track recording because it was professionally filmed for release. The reason they didn't release Yokohama with Bad 25 is because it's a 1st leg concert which has been widely available for years.

Wembley, but remember the version we know of yokohama is edited for TV. If they released Yokohama unedited then its a different story.....

There must be A LOT MORE options. Yokohama or Wembley? That's crazy. If I'm really the person who has the final say as to what concert is released for Bad 25, I would release more than one concerts for sure, because that's what the fans deserve!

Wembley.

Yokohama is a bit overrated...and not enough BaD songs

Wembley
Hardly any of my friends like MJ! So It will be great to have a MJ Wembley DVD as justification that once upon a time England loved MJ! (hopefully then, my friends will realize they are the odd ones out and the only people who dislike him)

Wembley!

Hey all i'm here to tell you about my campaign about Dangerous World Tour in Munich in 1992.
I think we must have this excellent concert because it's the first one and the first one it's always the best one, but why we should have Munich '92?
Simple, this show has a lot of great special effects and obviously some bugs that makes the concert better. For example some parts in songs like "Jam" - "Smooth Criminal" - "The Way You Make Me Feel" - "Will You Be There" - "Man in the mirror" & "Black Or White" just little parts are in live a thing that never happens in another Dangerous World Tour.
The explosions like in the Intro, Jam, Thriller, Black Or White are great and you can see that because of the amateur audio, they're very, very strong!.
You can see the quality of this concert in DWT Bucharest DVD, some TV Snippets and Will You Be There clip from Free Willy.
And the last big thing is that has the Full Setlist (The Way You Make Me Feel & BAD) and would be great to have Dangerous performance in 1993 as Bonus.

1681.png

8112.png

9177.png

So...it would be great to have this concert in DVD! Some people says "WBSS & Beat it pitch is very high", yes...so? This is one of the best concerts, the first one, live parts, great explosions, great quality!
Please help us, and sign the DVD Petition & give like our FB Page.

Last video uploaded:
Sign DVD Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/es...erous-tour-munich-1992-dvd-for-dangerous-25th
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/DWTMUNICH1992Campaign

Thanks for your help, i think Munich 1992 is the best one.
That's why we did this Campaign, some people wants Tokyo but maybe his energy wasnt the same, that's why we must have the first one.

If some people wants to help us, i give you the links!
Sign the DVD Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/es...erous-tour-munich-1992-dvd-for-dangerous-25th
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/DWTMUNICH1992Campaign

Of course Wembley :)

You can't put Yokohama and Wembley in the same line... And it's not that much about the fact that everyone watched Yokohama X times but comparing first leg and second leg is just a crime :D First leg was in fact a few another Victory Tour shows with IJCSLY and Bad added at the end... While 2nd leg is the proper Bad Tour where we can see and hear hits from the album :)

I can put them in the same line in the quality of the performance. In fact, Michael was better vocally during the first leg. Depends what you want to see, or in this case hear.

Some people would prefer to hear Michael sing than watch him dance, in which case Yokohama is the better show.

However his dance moves were further developed in the 2nd leg and of course the set list was much better. As well as the fact Yokohama has been seen lots of times over the years.

I would obviously choose Wembley.

I would rather take Wembley 88 in the quality that we have Victory Tour Dallas than take another Yokohama copy!

I don't wanna see the same thing again in better quality, it's good enough to see! Don't you wanna see new stuff? Like Thriller 88? Billie Jean 88? Can you believe the end of Billie Jean? Or Beat it? MITM? TWYMMF?! ARE YOU SILLY?!! :)

What makes you think Yokohama would have been in "perfect" quality? Just because you read the word "master"?
Master tapes, film masters, they all age with time. Just like film negatives degrade with the years.
Thats why masters need to be re-newed, meanig new mastrers have to be created. As example masters of movies that were made in the early 2000 looked good at that time and were enough for dvd. But for today standarts they are not. Still many blu-ray's are made from 10year old masters. But again, for today standarts they are not useful. Thats why more movies are digitaly scanned either in 2 or 4k and remastered. Those new digital masters would be for the next few 10 years, till new and advance scanning techinc gets more and better results.
You guys think those masters are the quality we all looking for. No they are not. Magnethic tapes looses its quality. They also had to be remastered. Especialy if they were not handled propertly all these years. And from the statement we know they were not.
These umatic master TAPES are not enough to create hd quality out of them.

Just like albums. They are not remastered just to sound fresh and new. But because analog recordings dont sound the way they did as were recorded at the time. I know many experts state that analog is just as good or even better then digital recording, but still the tapes can't keep that quality for ever. AFAIK only History was recorded digitaly.

So realy,you guys have the wrong expectations. And when the dvd is out, i think many will be disapointed as what Yokohama actualy looks like. Also, Umatic doesnt mean ultimate.

Last edited:
If I had to choose one: then Wembley (always)

But otherwise I would want both to be released. The Bad Tour isn't complete without both legs (with the performance of TWYMMF).

And we get the best of both Worlds.....Michael in HD in one, and Michael at his very best in the other!!!!

The only two other things missed out is:
1. Stevie Wonder appearance
2. Tatiana Thumbtzen appearance

Wembley.

I mean we all saw Yokohama in perfect quality on YouTube anyways.

Wembley, why would I not want what is Michael's best performance ever? I dont need to see another Bad show, every one of them is pretty much the same besides LA and Wembley, but Wembley is waaay better than LA even. As for quality, Im more than satisfied with what we got. The audio is amazing too!

There's just something about the clips we have seen of Wembley, they not only live up to the myth but exceed it!

MSG is notable. Was there a special invitational concert as well? Was that the MSG one or another one? I think MJ upped his game on those.

But MSG with live TWYMMF and SC defo not 'just another' Bad concert.

wembley without a shadow of a doubt. There was something very special about the Wembley concerts.

Wembley all the way!

I was at the concert that night so whatever quality it came it's understandable that I would want to relive that special night again :)

you ask. thats my anwser.
none of both. i prefer Linz, in perfect quality.
i never said i want a london 88 release. i prefer an austrian concert. :yes:

Definitely Wembley for me. Especially since I have been told by other fans for years how good of a concert that was. I already have seen and own the Yokohama Concert. I have it on 2 vhs tapes. Accidentally bought 2 of them several years ago on Ebay. And it is still in great quality.

Just saw this is on at my local cinema next week...
http://www.omniplex.ie/promo/cinema/queenlive
Have to say i'm very jealous of Queen fans getting to see this in the cinema in such awesome quality.
Makes me sad we can't see the Wembley concert like this...it would be AMAZING!

Yeah, Bad Tour on the Big Screen would be awesome. But let's see it this way: Freddie died 20 years ago and their fans are getting this now. Who knows if in the next 20 years, a better quality footage won't be discovered for a Bad Tour concert or technology doesn't develop so that they'd be able to upgrade the quality into HD? There's still hope that once we might get a treat like that.

Back