Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

"SONG OF SUMMER"
Hey guys, Michael needs some votes! Ariana Grande is catching up again. :no: Yesterday it was 39-46, currently 12:30AM CST:

"Problem" by Ariana Grande | 3,644 votes - 42%
"LNFSG" by M.Jackson /JT | 3,825 votes - 44%

http://t.co/9UxKzMujd0

Too close! :timer:

To vote multiple times (this works on Google Chrome):
1. After you vote, delete page.
2. CTRL + SHFT + N (this opens an incognito page)
3. Paste the link again, then vote again.
4. Repeat 1, 2, 3.

To put things into a perspective. This is about Mariah Carey's new album - first week sales:

One day after the sales estimates for her latest opus ‘Me. I Am Mariah..The Elusive Chanteuse’ were revised down to 60,000 from an already questionable 70,000, the figure has again taken a dip.

According to Hits Daily Double, the set (which was preceded by three singles) is now on course to debut with sales of…

55,000 – 60,000

Conclusion:

1) Rarely any album ever sells really huge any more in this age of YouTube and Spotify.
2) If you are not a current young artist it's even more difficult.
3) I think Xscape is doing well considering Michael isn't a current artist either and his album is even posthumus.

Just did my MJ fangirl duty while eating breakfast and streaming Xscape album on Spotify. Requested LNFSG in 60 stations and also added "Slave to the Rhythm" in radio request. And also voted LNFSG multiple times on Today.com's "Song of Summer." :cheeky:

Great job!
You most definitely have earned your fangirl title
gezellig-friends.gif

Cold is really killing the competition. How long has this group been performing? Can someone tell me why their sales are so much higher than other artists. Is it that they are very good and have more fans?

They are kind of British counterpart for Bruce Springsteen. They do make good music, and I personally like their music. They have concert dates arranged to support this album in major cities, and they will appear on music festivals too. They also have launched massive promotion to support the album, see the link:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/coldplay-get-busy-ghost-stories-705766 and that only in US. In UK they appeared Graham Norton show, BBC showed documentary of them, Sky Art showed at least 3 or 4 documents, concert and making of album etc.

With MJ it is different, because he cannot promote this album, so the promotion is left to the people who were responsible putting this album together. LA Reid and Timba going on few talk shows is not really ideal promotion, so basically, we fans have to roll up our sleeves and do our best to do promotion part, which includes trying to get MJ's songs played in the radio and we have to be persistent.

WW BEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2014

1. "Frozen" OST - 4,341,000
2. "Beyoncé" Beyoncé - 1,922,000
3. "Pure Heroine" Lorde - 1,343,000
4. "Midnight Memories" One Direction - 1,333,000
5. "GIRL" Pharrell Williams - 1,250,000
6. "Prism" Katy Perry - 1,152,000
7. "The Marshall Matters LP 2" Eminem - 1,085,000
8. "Ghost Stories" Coldplay - 1,023,000
9. "Tsugi No Ashiato" AKB 48 - 1,020,000
10. "Night Visions" Imagine Dragons - 1,008,000
11. "Unorthodox Jukebox" Bruno Mars - 898,000
12. "Racine Carrée" Stormae - 897,000
13. "True" Avicii - 841,000
14. "High Hopes" Bruce Springsteen - 757,000
15. "AM" Arctic Monkeys - 731,000
16. "Bad Blood" Bastille - 667,000
17. "Random Access Memories" Daft Punk - 627,000
18. "Xscape" Michael Jackson - 589,000
19. "Swing Both Ways" Robbie Williams - 580,000
20. "Bangerz" Miley Cyrus - 551,000

Source: United World Chart
- Numbers indicate sales between 1.1.2014. and 05.29.2014.
- The numbers are solely based on presence of the albums on UWC weekly top 40.

5th, among the 2014 releases!
:D

CURRENTLY:

#18 best-selling album of 2014 worldwide (#5 among 2014 releases)
#25 best-selling album of 2014 in the United States
#33 best-selling album of 2014 in the UK

http://kworb.net/aww/
Worldwide iTunes Album Chart 2014/05/30
3 = Michael Jackson - XSCAPE

Global iTunes Artist Ranking | Click the headers to sort | Last update: 2014-05-31 08:05:19 EDT
4 = Michael Jackson 2725

Coldplay's first week sales were front-loaded, they had three months of pre-orders and three singles released. Now that those pre-orders are gone, they will have a big drop the second week.

But i'm sure they will have good sales overall when everything is said and done. A lot of people like them.

Thanks so much for the explanation. It seems they have hit on a great marketing scheme for being #1 on the first week. It would be interesting to see how they compare with Xscape with longevity.

Bubs thanks as well. Maybe they should consider with the addition of Reid and the other guys going on the tv they should also have some kids/teens performing some of the songs like that ten kid in school. I think people like to see performance type promotions when buying objects such as albums & videos.

Last edited:
Horakhty;4015383 said:
M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE – Love Never Felt So Good: 42.268 (+ 0.720)

Thanks! FYI, I requested the song on 70 Adult Contemporary stations today. Will do more tomorrow

LNFSG jumped from #17 to #12 on this weeks VH1 video countdown, the highest gainer this week.

Anyone have the latest iTunes position for LNFSG?

I believe it is currently #27 in the US but it is a bit difficult to know for sure as there are several charts with different positions. Xscape is #16. Keep requesting the song on radio!

I believe it is currently #27 in the US but it is a bit difficult to know for sure as there are several charts with different positions. Xscape is #16. Keep requesting the song on radio!

You are funny. You have question and answer session with yourself:D

LNFSG #33 United States
Xscape #20 United States

Xscape holding 4 position on Aus charts

COLDPLAY HOLD DOWN ARIA #1 FOR ANOTHER WEEK
31 May, 2014

British rockers Coldplay have held onto the top spot in the ARIA Albums Chart for the second consecutive week with their latest record Ghost Stories.

As predicted in midweek figures, the Chris Martin-led outfit, who recently announced another show for their upcoming Aus promo tour, held out fellow Brit, soulful singer-songwriter Sam Smith, whose first album In The Lonely Hour debuted at two. The Frozen soundtrack and Michael Jackson's Xscape stayed strong in third and fourth respectively, while Mariah Carey's uniquely titled Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse debuted at five.

You are funny. You have question and answer session with yourself:D

LNFSG #33 United States
Xscape #20 United States

:) I had the same thought.

Thanks for the info!

BTW, I have some free time so I will request the song on 500 stations today while listening to the album. This is going to be a "Michael Sunday" at my house

Great job :cheers:

We fans have to be proactive and do our duties as MJ fans:clapping:

Requesting songs on the radio, while LNFSG is playing on repeat on ytube, and on top of that playing the album spotify :giggle:

Btw:
NASHVILLE, Tenn, May 30, (AP): Patrick Carney is reconsidering his very non-pop star policy on openness and honesty. The Black Keys drummer feels he’s had a tough run in the press recently, and for the first time in his career he’s had to call his publicist, asking for help with comments attributed to him. “I’ve learned over the last year, especially the last couple months, sometimes it’s best to shut the (expletive) up and let someone else dig the hole for once,” Carney said with a smile. “That’s my stance on life right now. I’m chillin’. My mouth can get me in so much trouble, I know it.” He said he didn’t disparage Michael Jackson, an impression left by paraphrasing, though he does have problems with the posthumous release of “Xscape” that the Keys’ new album, “Turn Blue,” beat out for No. 1 last week on the Billboard 200.

“And if Michael Jackson were alive, he absolutely would have crushed us,” Carney, 34, said. “Let’s not get confused about it. I’m well aware of that. We know our spot in the world of music.”
-----------------------------------

Whether Michael is dead or alive, he still crushes The Black Keys:D

MKTO – Classic: 44.099 (+ 0.681)
M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE – Love Never Felt So Good: 43.607 (+ 1.339)
SAM SMITH – Stay With Me: 42.893 (+ 2.686)

:) I had the same thought.

Thanks for the info!

BTW, I have some free time so I will request the song on 500 stations today while listening to the album. This is going to be a "Michael Sunday" at my house

Halfway there! 250 more stations to go!

Anyone have the final UK numbers for this past week? Curious to see how the album did

End of week chart UK: Love Never Felt So Good No. 12 (Up 1 from midweek chart).
Longetivity is the most important thing, it's been in the top 15 for nearly a month! That's a hit.

End of week chart UK: Love Never Felt So Good No. 12 (Up 1 from midweek chart).
Longetivity is the most important thing, it's been in the top 15 for nearly a month! That's a hit.

Great news! It seems the more people here this song, the more they like it. As it is completely different from the other popular songs at the moment, it may take some time to catch on, especially with the younger listeners who are not really familiar with Michael Jackson. Honestly, in some ways, I feel like it is 1979 all over again when Michael released Off the Wall. Before this, he definitely wasn't a "world" solo star yet but he quickly became one thanks to his amazing abilities and the quality of the music. I think the more that people discover this album, the more they will like it.

UK Album Chart: Xscape No. 5 (Down 2) 3 weeks and still in the top 5 and it's a posthumous release.

Bubs;4015646 said:
Great job :cheers:

We fans have to be proactive and do our duties as MJ fans:clapping:

Requesting songs on the radio, while LNFSG is playing on repeat on ytube, and on top of that playing the album spotify :giggle:

Btw:
NASHVILLE, Tenn, May 30, (AP): Patrick Carney is reconsidering his very non-pop star policy on openness and honesty. The Black Keys drummer feels he’s had a tough run in the press recently, and for the first time in his career he’s had to call his publicist, asking for help with comments attributed to him. “I’ve learned over the last year, especially the last couple months, sometimes it’s best to shut the (expletive) up and let someone else dig the hole for once,” Carney said with a smile. “That’s my stance on life right now. I’m chillin’. My mouth can get me in so much trouble, I know it.” He said he didn’t disparage Michael Jackson, an impression left by paraphrasing, though he does have problems with the posthumous release of “Xscape” that the Keys’ new album, “Turn Blue,” beat out for No. 1 last week on the Billboard 200.

“And if Michael Jackson were alive, he absolutely would have crushed us,” Carney, 34, said. “Let’s not get confused about it. I’m well aware of that. We know our spot in the world of music.”
-----------------------------------

Whether Michael is dead or alive, he still crushes The Black Keys:D

Hmm seems someone is changing their stance all of a sudden. It seems it was the bad reporters fault (sarcasm). Well better late than never, I say.
-------
Are those ^^numbers saying that Stay is very close to LNFSG on the radio?

Xscape Peak Chart Positions (Update)

Australian Albums (ARIA) #2
Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria) #2
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders) #1
Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia) #1
Canadian Albums (Billboard) #3
Czech Albums (ČNS IFPI) #5
Danish Albums (Hitlisten) #1
Dutch Albums (MegaCharts) #2
Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista) #5
French Albums (SNEP) #1
German Albums (Media Control) #2