Xscape chart positions. (incl. singles)

I thought album in Japan is just released a few days ago. Australian number 2 ? Is this the second week? First week was 3.

Yes.

Australia #2 (last week 3)
New Zealand #3 (last week 5)

Japan #12 (import)

Oh Import, thanks.

Monday is a holiday in the US and people usually go out and shop plus Bar B Que. I wonder how album sales will do tomorrow. Maybe that is why the stores tried to stock up this week.

Has anybody contacted the Estate regarding the 9000 copies of Xscape that were given away? They should learn their lesson til next time. That cost Michael a #1 album in the US.

^^ We left that behind now and we are thinking of the future. I guess we did not get #1 because more US people did not buy, not because the estate gave away some copies. I guess if they bought them and then gave them away people would say that was dishonest and not a clean win. Anyway we moved on.

But is there still a chance that Mike can get his 7th #1 or is it srsly over?

some say that thriller didn't debute at number 1. what number did it debute at? and how long did it take for it to get to number 1? I know some said things worked different back then, but i still want to know.

It can happen if a significant number of people buy, tell others to buy, request the song on the radio or use the thread for that purpose, tweet about it, chat about it, promote it, give it for gifts for birthday, graduation, father's day gifts, buy some for Xmas gifts, and on and on. Of course Sony and the Estate is doing their promotions as well, but we can also help at the local level.

I think the best chance is week of June, 25. Unfortunately. But that day and around that day regular people will be buying MJ stuff, also it is 5th anniversary. So if we push the album that week and every one of us make another purchase, with the right promotion from Sony and Estate (2nd single) and fan events it can happen.

I think the best chance is week of June, 25. Unfortunately. But that day and around that day regular people will be buying MJ stuff, also it is 5th anniversary. So if we push the album that week and every one of us make another purchase, with the right promotion from Sony and Estate (2nd single) and fan events it can happen.

yes, I think you may be right on this. i wish it didn't have to take such a sad occasion for it to maybe happen though.

Guys, sorry if this has been posted, but it is significant that Xscape is the number 2 torrent on TPB. Yesterday it was number 1, but I didn't think to snip it. I know it's kind of working against what you want to achieve, but I was still pretty chuffed to see Michael's name up there. It just shows that people of all ages, groups and outlooks are interested in getting Mikey's music.

sg53.png

Koopa Troopa;4012843 said:
Has anybody contacted the Estate regarding the 9000 copies of Xscape that were given away? They should learn their lesson til next time. That cost Michael a #1 album in the US.

I will assume there are fans who contacted the Estate. The Estate issued a statement regarding Xscape’s success but, did not mention the 9K free copies they distributed despite knowing those copies would not count to Billboard’s sales.

One can place accountability for not securing the number one spot on Estate/Sony or fans. The U.S. promotion was more high level (television shows, listening party reviews) than “street” level (posters in areas one can see daily for example) which may have been an issue. Xscape did get the number one spot on Billboard’s R/B and R/B/HipHop charts. One can decide if they prefer to blame Michael’s pop fans or not.

some say that thriller didn't debute at number 1. what number did it debute at? and how long did it take for it to get to number 1? I know some said things worked different back then, but i still want to know.

Thriller was released November 30, 1982 and Billboard writes that it hit to no 1 in March.
"MTV's -- and Jackson's -- timing was perfect. MTV debuted "Billie Jean," on March 1st, just four days before the song hit No. 1 on the Hot 100, making it the first uptempo urban song to accomplish that feat in over two years. Simultaneously, "Billie Jean's" momentum was the thing that finally pulled the "Thriller" album all the way up to No. 1 on the album chart in its 10th chart week.

Sadly, it was different back them when MJ was alive to do his magic and promote his stuff.

What makes you so sure that those 9 thousand people who went to see MJ1 would have bought this new album? Cirque in LV is a spot where loads of tourists goes to see shows, and they are not necessary fans of MJ but fans of Cirque shows itself.

Thriller debuted at #11, but it was a VERY different world back then, pre-Internet, pre-downloads. Back then it was rare for an album to debut at #1. It needed time to grow - the radios to play its songs, people to discover the album etc. Now people know an album's full content before it's even released due to the Internet, so sales are heavily front-loaded, ie. the majority of an album's sales happen in its first week.

The only chance for Xscape to still become #1 is if the singles will appeal to the general public so much that they start to go out in masses to buy it, something like what happened to Adele's 21 (which also didn't debut at #1), but that's very, very rare these days.

It would have been nice to get the album at #1 but I don't think we should keep obsessing about that any more. Longevity is a lot more important. It seems like 2nd week sales will be pretty good too and already in this second week Xscape will overtake the Black Keys album on overall sales which seems to have dropped a lot more in sales than Xscape did. I actually prefer better overall sales than a #1 in the first week and then the album dropping like a brick.

Yes.

Australia #2 (last week 3)
New Zealand #3 (last week 5)

Japan #12 (import)

At least people in Aus and NZ don't read reviews about Xscape. While Xscpe got mostly great reviews all over the world, but every single review from Aus and NZ was too nasty to even post on review thread.

At least people in Aus and NZ don't read reviews about Xscape. While Xscpe got mostly great reviews all over the world, but every single review from Aus and NZ was too nasty to even post on review thread.

So far, the second week results and predictions are very encouraging. Hopefully the album will have good legs as more people become aware of it and the great songs it contains. It could be a very interesting summer

Damien Shields ‏@damienshields 15 h.

CHART NEWS: "Love Never Felt So Good" the overall #1 iTunes Song Worldwide for 20 consecutive days! http://bit.ly/1r4cSFt #MJFAM RT!

“Love Never Felt So Good” single. Released in two different versions, one a solo rendition by Michael Jackson alone and the other a duet with Justin Timberlake, the single has indeed been a global smash hit. Individually the duet version has peaked at #3 and the solo version at #5 on the Worldwide iTunes Song Chart. However, when combining the ranking data of both the solo and duet versions ”Love Never Felt So Good” has technically been the overall #1 iTunes song worldwide for a staggering 20 consecutive days – from May 3 to May 23, 2014 and counting!

“Love Never Felt So Good” also became an official UK Top 10 hit last week when it rose to #8 on the UK Singles Chart. This week, however, it will drop three spots to #11. The ‘XSCAPE’ album debuted at #1 on the UK Albums Chart last week with sales in excess of 60,000 copies in the United Kingdom. The album will drop three places this week to #4 on the same chart.

M. JACKSON & J. TIMBERLAKE – Love Never Felt So Good: 38.537 (+ 0.489)

Guys, sorry if this has been posted, but it is significant that Xscape is the number 2 torrent on TPB. Yesterday it was number 1, but I didn't think to snip it. I know it's kind of working against what you want to achieve, but I was still pretty chuffed to see Michael's name up there. It just shows that people of all ages, groups and outlooks are interested in getting Mikey's music.

sg53.png

Do you mean that yesterday it was higher than Cold Play?

What makes you so sure that those 9 thousand people who went to see MJ1 would have bought this new album? Cirque in LV is a spot where loads of tourists goes to see shows, and they are not necessary fans of MJ but fans of Cirque shows itself.[/QUOTE]

I think most of those people would have bought the album if it included a discount on the MJ1 tickets. People love a bargain.

I went to see the Immortal show and they were giving out Xscape with a 20.00 purchase. I already had my copies so I gave my free copy out to a lady next to me who had not and was not going to purchase the album. She was a Cirque and MJ fan. She told me she was going to listen to it on her drive home from the show and make her son jealous she had a copy. Maybe he will buy a copy or maybe not but at least that is one more person that will hear the music.

The Best of Internet @TheBestofMJJ · May, 24th

MJ's Xscape had the second biggest first week of sales of the year, worldwide. It was the biggest selling album in the world last week.

weLoveMJImmortal ‏@mjThisisitlove 2 h.

Japan iTunes: #MJXSCAPE is #1 Thriller is #6 GO! GO! GO! #MJXSCAPE pic.twitter.com/ew8EFDZmC6
Bofa8K7CQAAq7px.jpg

UK charts 2nd Week: Xscape No. 2 (Down 1)
Love Never Felt So Good No. 10 (Down 2)

UK charts 2nd Week: Xscape No. 2 (Down 1)
Love Never Felt So Good No. 10 (Down 2)

Denmark is showing a lot of love there. I am glad the album is still in the top 10 in a number of countries. Are the keys still in the top 10. I know they were slipping. Michael is doing good for a guy who can't tour to promote this album.

Back