Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

First single has to be fast song. Hold My Hand was much better song than LNFSG and it hardly got into top 40.

I actually never really warmed to Hold My Hand and most of it was Akon, anyway. I prefer LNFSG.

Speaking of Akon I'm really happy that this album don't seem to have any special guests on it.

Message to the estate - give me the album early so I can review it on MJJC.

I can't afford to make it out to one of the listening parties in LA, but I will gladly post a review on MJJC once you've emailed me a copy of the album. And I swear I won't upload it onto the internet, to be honest, I don't even know how to do that and I'm sure some of the other members on here will vouch for my character.

Of course I will still buy the album on a physical format when it's released.

So how about it??

Here's my email:

dodwellmatt@hotmail.com

Last edited:

First single has to be fast song. Hold My Hand was much better song than LNFSG and it hardly got into top 40.

Top 10 in the UK, with a good run in the top 40/75/100.

Speaking of Akon I'm really happy that this album don't seem to have any special guests on it.

D'angelo and Marry J. Blige are featured on "Hot Fun In The Summertime" which is apparently a bonus track on the deluxe.

I think singles will do fine.

And I actually think the album will do really good! - Reviews have been positive and all who have heard it says it is great. - A floor filler. - Some even said there was some smash hits on the album!!

I think if radios give it a chance this could be the album of the year. - Summer hits and maybe a single and some extra promotion leading up to the christmas sale!

D'angelo and Marry J. Blige are featured on "Hot Fun In The Summertime" which is apparently a bonus track on the deluxe.

OK but I'm still happy that there are no current artists as special guests on the album. That would seem like a cheap trick to try and score a number 1 hit

I trust Sony and Estate and I know that they choose good single, I have big hope that they will release it on this Monday/Tuesday :) !

Album related, but not related to a single...There isn't one source I've found where anyone claims Michael expressed to work with Tupac. I actually remember Tupac criticizing Michael once, he claimed Michael had billions of dollars but literally did nothing to help disadvantaged youth. Why would Michael want to work with a person who said these things about him? I don't find that likely.

So I don't know why LA Reid would do such a thing. Especially with a verse from a well known song like "Changes", I would've chose something a little bit more obscure. Now, with that said, LA Reid must have plans for this "Xscape ft. Tupac Shakur" mix, or else he wouldn't have made it. So one has to wonder whats going to become of this version, possibly a remix to a future Single release? That's what I'm leaning towards and if I'm correct, all I have to say is, yuck..

Not only have I never heard of Michael wishing to work with Tupac or vice versa, but such a collaboration is the ultimate cliche. Two deceased artist, considered the greatest of their genre (very true in Michael's case. Tupac however? Ehhh...lol) and now their on a record together, despite there being nothing that I am aware of that mentions either man expressing a desire to collaborate while they were alive. We might as well remix STTR with the ultimate deceased artist lineup..Slave To The Rhythm by Michael Jackson ft. Jimi Hendrix on guitar, Elvis Presley, Marvin Gaye, and David Ruffin on the backing vocals, James Brown on ad-libs, Aaliyah, Tupac, and John Lennon on the bridge... The moniessss!!!

I feel that people are really over thinking the Michael/Tupac situation. Does it really matter? There hasn't been any international backlash about it, and it isn't set in stone that it will ever even be released. It could easily have just been made for the hell of it.

Would you rather see the Bieber remix of Slave to the Rhythm released?

The first single has to be a good song. Tempo doesn't matter.

Consider this: All of Me was released as a single from John Legend's most recent album, and that was a worldwide success. It reached number two in the United States. Impressive for a simple piano ballad.

why did LA Reid said the chosen material consist of 4 decades?

He didn't. He said he had unrestricted access to four decades of music. This material spans about three.

Imagine if Hollywood Tonight was the first single.

The single version of Hollywood Tonight was horrible. What the hell were they thinking with that Billie Jean beat?

Actually I don't really care about the album doing well or bad on charts...Since when the charts are even measure for awesomeness of an album or a song !!! I know you are all aware that there are soo many amazing artists and songs that aren't even on the charts and yet can knock down the whole mainstream charts :D

Relax People...Just wait to hear the awesomeness of MJ voice in Real CDQ...that's enough for me :D

The single version of Hollywood Tonight was horrible. What the hell were they thinking with that Billie Jean beat?

They wanted to release a version that was closer to Michael's original demo recording. In my opinion, the music video version is much better than the demo. Of course I could do without the actual samples from Billie Jean, but it sounds more complete and isn't as boring.

Absolutely agree. Although they cut out that horrible bridge.

Re: Message to the estate - give me the album early so I can review it on MJJC.

Nice try ^^

People here have mentioned Michael intended to get both Biggie and Tupac to work on This Time Around, he could only get Biggie.
I think Onir mentioned it will only be a remix, it won't be featured in the album. Which is a better decision because it'd look like a cheap trick to sell albums or reaching popularity.

I don't think it's a question of if we want this or that as if we have to choose one of those. There's no need for any of them.

People keep complaining about LNFSG, I dont understand it. Its a fantastic song but I think people are blinded by the lack of production on the demo and the fact we have heard it since forever etc....MJ loved melody, LNFSG has that, and with this new disco vibe back in theres a chance to make the song classic/modern.

Ditto to the above.

I talked with several fans who were at the listening sessions. Almost all of them agree that the new version of LNFSG is wonderful. So don't make your evaluations based on the demo.

*facepalm*

Since Qbee was to the listening session she has not wrote anything in here has she??

I am looking SO very much forward to hear what she thinks about the album! :)

Qbee - please write a review for us!! :lol:

Me too SONY.

I would love to represent the Danish fans. - Write a danish review!! :)

:lol:

lmao! :D

I can't wait to write my own review!

I will make it song by song! - And maybe compare to the demo.

I hope so very much that I will love this album!

I feel that people are really over thinking the Michael/Tupac situation. Does it really matter? There hasn't been any international backlash about it, and it isn't set in stone that it will ever even be released. It could easily have just been made for the hell of it.

The first single has to be a good song. Tempo doesn't matter.

Consider this: All of Me was released as a single from John Legend's most recent album, and that was a worldwide success. It reached number two in the United States. Impressive for a simple piano ballad.

He didn't. He said he had unrestricted access to four decades of music. This material spans about three.

Uhm, "people" aren't overthinking anything. Is one not allowed to be critical or question a questionable song decision or should we just praise everything because the reviews are good? Why would I have to pick and choose which to have? There is a such thing as having neither, as in neither song ever sees the light of day or be considered an official mix. Considering this person was critical of Michael in the past, I think I'm allowed to speculate how such a song came about. Then being told "Michael told people he wanted to work with Tupac", I've never heard of that in the history of ever and as of yet, I have yet to find a single source to support such claim.

Same goes for Michael wanting Tupac on This Time Around, there isn't one mention of it on the internet. I also find it unlikely considering at the time, Tupac was in legal troubles up to his neck (a rape case, an attempted murder case for firing on two cops), and I just don't see Michael having a desire to surrounf himself with such negativity, not in '93.

And on top of it all, it's still super cliche.

Back