Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

I like Chicago very much!!

Sounds fresh and great!

this song is insanely good.
mj & timbo = kings

*btw* i hear a beeping gummy pig on "Scream" - is that weird now too?

Timbo knocked that one outta the park. If the rest are as good as that this album is already epic. Boggles the mind to think what he could do with all the post 2000 stuff!

His productions are blowing me away like they never have before (and I'm a Tim fan!!)...

Agreed! It reminds the public that Timbaland is still a talent to reckon with where others were looking to Daft Punk and the like. (No offense to Daft Punk, hopefully I am understood.)

Darkmed, I am a fan of Riley but, his work on Michael was not his finest. I believe it was timing; it was too soon. I am a fan and am giving him a pass. laugh

Welcome back, King!

(i'm sure MJ used to tell him don't touch anything if i'm not with you dude)

I thought Skywatcher's thought as well and then I thought of Michael saying in a interview he never stopped writing, recording, etc. or some similar sentiment. Listening to Chicago I see for fact the problem was never Michael, the problem was the team around him (as Darkmed said, he could not oversee the work) and every other distracting thing/person.

What the actual f*ck were those quacking ducks in the brackground?

Michael always said to use different sounds.

"She said just give me your page" (as in pager number)...?

I believe you're right!

But I gotta say I think it sounds more like he's saying "she said just to give her a page" but I didn't hear those words until you posted what you did.

Thanks for that! I'm going back to edit that post I made with the lyrics!

Was Chicago leaked? I found it on mediafire which I just listened. I didn't want to download it.

The song and the vocals are awesome and Timbaland made an incredible work,I'm really impressed! Timbo was right,it sounds like today!

I believe you're right!

But I gotta say I think it sounds more like he's saying "she said just to give her a page" but I didn't hear those words until you posted what you did.

Thanks for that! I'm going back to edit that post I made with the lyrics!

Now that you've said that, I believe you are right. Glad to have helped! :)

Imagine Mike singing with quacking ducks in the background.

Just kidding... but there is a sample used throughout the song that reminds me of a duck call. Heheh.

I imagine them to be like the "Superfly Sister" Ducks :)

Wow, I didn't even notice the quack-like sounds.
Didn't notice them either until I read people posting about them, lol.

Come back for more XSCAPE exclusives all week.
5/5 Monday – “Chicago”
5/6 Tuesday – “Loving You”
5/7 Wednesday – “A Place With No Name”
5/8 Thursday – “Slave To the Rhythm”
5/9 Friday – “Do You Know Where Your Children Are”

The ducks were not necessary, really. I actually found them distracting to listen to Michael's icy voice at some point.

I can't get over the Michael's vocal ability, and how it has an affect on you. How he can go from a sweet and sorrowful, smooth voice to a harsh, gritty voice. Total contrast but very effective. Ugh. I miss him... :(

Whatever the duck that sample's supposed to be, I like it. Timbaland did right.

i wish the part 3:24 onwards would be longer lol.
sounds just too good.

Darkmed, I am a fan of Riley but, his work on Michael was not his finest. I believe it was timing; it was too soon. I am a fan and am giving him a pass. laugh.

I'm a fan too but the guy should've stayed on that New Jack Swing thing he compromised himself on MICHAEL and before and after with Jpop stuff he's trying to reinvent himself the wrong way

Can someone post the "exclusive artwork" which they said will be available on music unlimited?

Whatever the duck that sample's supposed to be, I like it. Timbaland did right.
completely agree... I don't see one fault in any of Chicago's new production by Timbaland.. IMO the hype around this song (mostly from Tim, himself) was completely accurate.

This song sounds like Mike could've recorded this last week.... And that makes me him even more... Still excited to hear the version as Mike last heard it (ahh!)

Yet still so happy to finally have this music!

Can someone post the "exclusive artwork" which they said will be available on music unlimited?

the exclusive artwork appears to just be the album cover but this time with a bluish background. eh

She was looooovin' meeeeeeeeeee, she was wantin' meeeeeeee~~ :dancin:

Guys can I ask how many years some of you have been fans? I am 49 this year and have loved Michaels music since the first day I heard my mother playing she's out of my life! I thought it was a woman singing! Ok I will get to the point, Why ever would you want to destroy the surprise of owning a brand new Michael Jackson Album?
Why would you want to hear all the tracks before using all your senses to take in the monumental feeling of having that purchase.
It's obvious that the internet has destroyed some of that but also you don't know what it is to have patience anymore. I have music unlimited but the only thing I am listening to is lnfsg . Michael wanted us to have the surprise, he always did, have a little bit of willpower and wait for album release or it won't be as special.

i for one won't be listening to any snippets or leaks now.

thank you estate and Sony for giving us this gift! Now promote the hell out of it and let Rodger Friedbrain eat his words! Plus get the views back on solo of lnfsg.

Terry

hmmm....didnt like Chicago much.
With MJs double track voice in parts of the song is the main reason I didnt like it.....maybe the demo version will be better....FOR ME.

I'm off to listen to the solo version of LNFSG and then follow it up with Chicago just to see how it'll flow on the album...

EDIT: I like it.. Flows well.. Seems like it'll setup the album nicely

I did so as well and agree!

I truly believe the release date needs to be same day worldwide. With five songs a day and LNFSG, only two songs will be unheard on the 9th. These songs will be widely available outside of Sony Unlimited (see Chicago for proof) and the full cd (last two songs) will be available to several regions on the 9th.

Why ruin this release with leaks?

Michael wanted us to have the surprise, he always did, have a little bit of willpower and wait for album release or it won't be as special.

I can only speak for myself:

I did not want to listen to Chicago because I did not want to have a Sony Unlimited account to only close it in a week. I find that to be a ploy. I also did not want to listen to the songs before the release as I am a patient person.

I read a post a few pages back (I am sorry to the member but, hopefully you recognize your words) that stated Michael streamed Invincible and that is what made me seek out Chicago. I was a fan then but, not adept to the internet so I missed that stream.

This may never happen again so I wanted to experience this while I have the opportunity.

I believe this should have had one worldwide date. Sony could have continued with the "song a day" allowing ALL fans to hear the cd in full by the end of the week because I agree with you that we live in an "instant" culture.

Last edited:

You emphasize it's cool it sounds like today's music but Michael wouldn't have sound like that, he was ahead of his time. He created trends, not follow them. I know he's no longer here to finish or having a say on releasing the songs but I hope you see my point.

The other thing is makes me laugh to see how your amazed at Michaels ability to still sing! To quote Will I am when they where recording in Ireland he told everyone don't discount Michael Jackson he can still sing like a songbird!
This was no exaggeration as now we are encountering, I really do think estate should release ALL songs as singles , packaged with never heard weaker tracks or instrumentals and short films. Michael style. The songs seem that strong that we really could have the next big thing in a long time and dare I say it A killer thriller!

Terry

@xscape guy 2003 I try also not to listen to it before I get the album.
Fan since 1993 and noticed MJ the first time with "Will you be there" on a chart show. Shortly after, I got "Dangerous" and have been fan ever since.

Back