Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

So as I'm one of the younger/youngest fans I will share my thoughts to the new songs I've heard so far. Maybe it's interesting for you ;)Everything is just my opinion.
Xscape has a different sound than todays music but it also sounds very modern and contemporary. So good work producers! ;)

I didn't like the Love Never Felt So Good demo. The new producion is just awesome. And yes, i think it could be a summer hit. I like both versions (standard and with timberlake). The solo version matches better with the other tracks, because the voice isn't deepened as in the timbaland version. But the other one brings maybe some new fans to Michael and is a better choice for the radio.

When i first heard Chicago, i wasn't sure if i like the song or not. But after i listened a few times to it i have to say that is one of my favourites so far. Sometimes you have to listen more than once to a track.

Loving You is a slow love song and I'm not really a fans of such slow tracks, but this one matches good to the other songs and so I'm glad its on the album.

As i said in an earlier post I'm not really a fan of the original version of A place with no name. When i first heard the new version i was really blown away. It sounds so fresh and modern. I understand that not everyone likes the new chorus, but that makes it more contemporary.

The 2010 remix of a Slave to the rhythm was a really good dance track and one of my favourite leaks. The new remix sounds completely different but it's also good. In some points i just miss the speed and energy of the 2010 version.

Okey thats it so far. Tomorrow i will hold the album in my hands and than i can say more! ;)

it amazes me how mj was ahead of of everything the original 89-90 demo sounds ike something that could have been done in 99-2000 by Jerkins for brandy and monica lol or by timbaland himself for ginuwine

Proof that Timbo was truer to the original than Tricky. Loving both Timbo and original version. Tricky one sucks.

I think the next version of Timbaland is the DEMO. I prefer the new version, but the demo is a spectacle.

BLUE GANGSTA is ON!

Btw that demo version doesn't contain any hand claps....So those hand claps that everybody was complaining about not being in timbo but only in tricky's version isn't even MJ !!! unless i am unable to hear them in the demo version !!!

Pharrell's phone call with Michael

Michael is in the spotlight again, with the release of xscape, being mentioned in various interviews, commercials, Award appearances. Truly great to experience again :)

[y3ctYWNO5zSc[/youtube]

WOW!!!!!! JUST HEARD THE ACTUAL DEMO!!!!! :wild:
Sorry about the misleading information before. Weird how they played the Tricky version on the Ellen Show which lead me to believe it was the original version, boy was I wrong........

I'M IN LOVE :angel:

Michael is in the spotlight again, with the release of xscape, being mentioned in various interviews, commercials, Award appearances. Truly great to experience again :)

[y3ctYWNO5zSc[/youtube]

WOW!!!!!! JUST HEARD THE ACTUAL DEMO!!!!! :wild:
Sorry about the misleading information before. Weird how they played the Tricky version on the Ellen Show which lead me to believe it was the original version, boy was I wrong........

I'M IN LOVE :angel:

Blue gangsta is up on MTV guys

After listening to the original demo of STTR- I have to say I much prefer the original demo over the timbaland mix. Also, Tricky's version is real HQ wud be just as good or probably better than the demo.

Few more points that I wanted to make:

*The tempo of both the Demo and Tmbaland's version sound a little slow and needs to be increased just a little. (I tried doing that with the basic wav pad sound editor and it really sounds better with the speed altered)

* I hope there is some way to get Tricky's version in real HQ

* Birchey- You need to cut the celebrations and get back to work on the demos........lol (Im a huge fan of your birchey...dont mind)

After listening to the original demo of STTR- I have to say I much prefer the original demo over the timbaland mix. Also, Tricky's version is real HQ wud be just as good or probably better than the demo.

Few more points that I wanted to make:

*The tempo of both the Demo and Tmbaland's version sound a little slow and needs to be increased just a little. (I tried doing that with the basic wav pad sound editor and it really sounds better with the speed altered)

* I hope there is some way to get Tricky's version in real HQ

* Birchey- You need to cut the celebrations and get back to work on the demos........lol (Im a huge fan of your birchey...dont mind)

Okay.Gangster is sick. Dat intro!

After what I've heard. I only prefer the New Versions of Loving You and Love Never Felt So Good. The rest are underwhelming compared to the demo.

I prefer the new version, but the demo is a spectacle.
Agreed.
only thing good about the demo is Michael's powerhouse vocals that's it, nothing special about the instrumentation really. I'll rock with the Timbaland version; kinda disappointed in Do You Know and Xscape especially:angry:

i like the new blue gangsta ..
but too much hip hop

Blue Gangsta in my opinion is not best Timbaland's work. but still great.

After what I've heard. I only prefer the New Versions of Loving You and Love Never Felt So Good. The rest are underwhelming compared to the demo.

The new mix of STTR made me imagine Michael dancing to it the way he danced at VMA 2001 to 'Nsync's POP
although i just heard the z2 xperia ad not the full version.

Omg, omg, omg! It just arrived!!! :woohoo::dancin::clap: I had pre-ordered from Amazon.de. :bow:

cx7qru4qtz7.jpg

:bounce:

I Love BG the new mix, may be the original is a bit better but at least Timbo respected MJ vision and didn't do like Stargate and flipped the whole song upside down...LOVE THE intro..Thank God freeze vocals are still there :D

Timbo should have done APWNN IMO...or may be the whole 8 tracks :D

btw..it was just uploaded om MJVEVEO:

:D :D

OMG I can't wait to get mine now, so close!!!!!! :wild: I'm supposed to be studying for music right now, listening to MJ counts as studying right?? ;)

[youtube]y3ctYWNO5zSc[/youtube]

Last edited:
Back