Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

The whole world.
I don't think that most people do care much about details like the amount of hee-hees & aoows as the fans do

so this is the original version of the song michael covered? :)

This Daily Mirror review mentioned all 8 songs and interestingly, it listed Chicago and She Was Lovin' Me as two separate tracks. However, it has since been edited to remove them all apart from Slave To The Rhythm.

Thank you for noticing that. It is understandable why Sony took time to have the titles removed.

Is there proof Estate/Sony did not change DYKWYCA's title to 12 o'clock? I hope they did not.

I am watching you Estate/Sony. You can get in front of countless reviews in May that will include at least one paragraph (worst even more) recounting the allegations and omitting Michael's innocence. Negative press should not be considered good press in this situation. Enough media poison will effect sales.

Do not waste precious time. Do it right this time. Michael deserves it.

Apperently Hot Fun, is incomplete featuring a chorus and chorus vocals. So they brought in two more people to finish the song. Being that Hot Fun, IS a Duet song this only makes sense. I can't wait to hear it :)

So much mystery. Michael would love this. All the guessing and such.

IS THIS FOR REAL??????? it's only been available for pre order one day, i smell a thriller :wild:

This can not be true? Who is this guy? - And how on earth would he know the numbers??

Apperently Hot Fun, is incomplete featuring a chorus and chorus vocals. So they brought in two more people to finish the song. Being that Hot Fun, IS a Duet song this only makes sense. I can't wait to hear it :)

So much mystery. Michael would love this. All the guessing and such.

Damien Shields wasn't really clear. Michael Prince simply said that Michael sang a tiny bit on it. That could mean that Michael re recorded a bit at the time (late 2008). It's unclear.

Damien Shields wasn't really clear. Michael Prince simply said that Michael sang a tiny bit on it. That could mean that Michael re recorded a bit at the time (late 2008). It's unclear.

It is the only explanation why it is turned into duet. If they had complete MJ vocals they would release solo version (even if the original is a duet).

It is the only explanation why it is turned into duet. If they had complete MJ vocals they would release solo version (even if the original is a duet).

Background vocals? Maybe some harmonies? I'm not saying I'm right I'm just trying to offer all perspectives.

It's a bit sad that only one or two songs on the album were written by Michael. But at least the song most reviews singled out as the best (DYKWYCA) is his song.

ever listened to the original one by SLy & familiy stone? It's sung by 2 male & 1 female. Maybe MJ did recorded only 1 of them with the intention of dubbing his vox to the original recording

It's a bit sad that only one or two songs on the album were written by Michael. But at least the song most reviews singled out as the best (DYKWYCA) is his song.

I counted 4. Love Never Felt So Good (co-written), Chicago 1945 (co-written), Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Xscape (co-written). That is 50%.

who'll care 'bout the remixes? As long as we'll get the untouched mixes everything will be fine:chillin:

Speak for yourself. :bored2:

I'm absolutely elated to be receiving the demos, but I'm also fascinated with the remixes. Hearing modern interpretations of Michael's work will be amazing IMO. Not to mention the fact that Stargate, Timbaland and Rodney J are ridiculously talented and cite Michael as an influence/inspiration. It'll remind people of how much MJ's sound has influenced top 40 radio.

Many classical composers have had their work reinterpreted. As long as access to demos is available, it doesn't remove the artistry behind the work of the originator. Most of the reviews focus on MJ's voice and the authentic emotion he conveyed. That clearly means that the production did a rather great job with complimenting Michael's style.

ever listened to the original one by SLy & familiy stone? It's sung by 2 male & 1 female. Maybe MJ did recorded only 1 of them with the intention of dubbing his vox to the original recording

That's what I said. He did not record all vocals (for whatever reason). If they had full vocals they would make it a solo version for sure.

Pre order sales are slowly starting to drop so they need to release a single or atleast song previews ASAP!!

I counted 4. Love Never Felt So Good (co-written), Chicago 1945 (co-written), Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Xscape (co-written). That is 50%.

Thanks. That sounds better. I read Damien Shields' blog and he did not mention those other three songs were co-written by MJ.

EDIT: Never mind...

Last edited:

Richard lecocq Just came from listening party in Paris and just confirmed to me on FB That she was loving me and Chicago are 2 different songs :D :D

Maybe they play different songs at each listening party. :p

Just speculating on the track list...

Standard Edition (CD):

01. Love Never Felt So Good
02. Chicago (She Was Lovin' Me)
03. [Song]
04. A Place with No Name
05. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
06. Slave to the Rhythm
07. Blue Gangsta
08. Xscape

Deluxe Edition (CD/DVD):

09. Hot Fun in the Summertime (feat. D'Angelo & Mary J. Blige)
10. Love Never Felt So Good (Original Version)
11. Chicago (She Was Lovin' Me) (Original Version)
12. [Song] (Original Version)
13. A Place with No Name (Original Version)
14. Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original Version)
15. Slave to the Rhythm (Original Version)
16. Blue Gangsta (Original Version)
17. Xscape (Original Version)

01. [Video]
02. [Video]

"I'd rather burn my music rather than leave it to Sony." Michael Jackson, 2002

Keep that out of this thread. - That was while Tommy Mottola was still there - MJ got him fired/removed and then MJ started working with SONY again. - TUC and especially T25. - I am very sure that if MJ had released a new album, had he not died, he would have released the album via SONY!

SONY and MJ got together on good terms. - So we should really move on too !!!!

FedoraHatGirl2058;3977736 said:

Lets not start this stuff.

"Sony Music plans on honoring Jackson with an all-out marketing blitz that will ensure no eardrum goes without hearing their latest Jackson offering – be it voluntarily or forcefully" ~Damien Shields.

Billyjeanplxiv;3977739 said:
Lets not start this stuff.

"Sony Music plans on honoring Jackson with an all-out marketing blitz that will ensure no eardrum goes without hearing their latest Jackson offering – be it voluntarily or forcefully" ~Damien Shields.

:bow: THIS !!! :agree:

There's a valid point that shouldn't be ignored. Michael did not like Sony, didn't want to do Thriller 25 and demanded payment that would've gone towards the debt he owed them. Should this be ignored simply because he's dead and they're doing a great job promoting this "new" music? The Estate probably signed with Sony due to the debt Michael had by Sony. This is purely just devils advocate, I am glad Sony are doing the job they are at the minute, it's deserved for a man of his greatness.

ok you know, its not my style.. but i hope, just hope they leave the tracks, i mean, i just dont want another "Michael" album..

Keep that out of this thread. - That was while Tommy Mottola was still there - MJ got him fired/removed and then MJ started working with SONY again. - TUC and especially T25. - I am very sure that if MJ had released a new album, had he not died, he would have released the album via SONY!

SONY and MJ got together on good terms. - So we should really move on too !!!!

Michael didn't get him removed. Mottolla resigned in January 2003. Besides, the Sony issue was partially Michael's fault and he largely overreacted with the allegations about sabotaging Invincible.

There's a valid point that shouldn't be ignored. Michael did not like Sony, didn't want to do Thriller 25 and demanded payment that would've gone towards the debt he owed them. Should this be ignored simply because he's dead and they're doing a great job promoting this "new" music? The Estate probably signed with Sony due to the debt Michael had by Sony. This is purely just devils advocate, I am glad Sony are doing the job they are at the minute, it's deserved for a man of his greatness.

Michael didn't want to do T25 because he was afraid that it would be a commercial failure. He was shocked when it sold three million by the end of the year. And Michael had forgiven Sony after Mottolla resigned--MJ suggested the idea of an Off the Wall 30 to Sony in November 2008 and expressed interest in it being released. Don't yell at Sony; it's ancient history.

Back