Xscape General Discussion

Re: News and discussion about new MJ album : Xscape, May 13, 2014.

Does every unreleased song need to be ''updated''. There may be some timeless hidden gems in MJ's vault that don't need any ''updating''

For the radio and charts? YES.
For the fans? No. For us even Days In Glouchesteshire and People Of The World are great.

So this concept (original + new version) is amazing.

Michaels not here though. So what is your suggestion for a new successful album? What would you ask the Estate to do ? Im interested in what you you think will be a successful project.

Last edited:

I just made my order the Delux version! I'm feeling very happy.

An album of demos with a booklet with information from people who originally work on each song, no need for additional people or remix. Let the music be the strongpoint, not affiliatinf with others. I think all fans could agree on this. The Estate has never tried only releasing Michael's untouched music. Bad 25 make you rebuy album, bonus tracks, and remixes.

New album, all demos no gimmicks. If you want to finish a song use original workers (Quincy is still alive).

I get where you're coming from. And I would love only demos on an album...However, you have to think about from a Marketing point of view. Michael's demos are Awesome but mostly for us fans... the Estate and Record company are looking at a bigger scope that includes fans and non-fans. They just made the songs kinda' sound like 2014-ish... It is to attract more new fans so that Mike and his music could live on and on.

The producers for this album, I think, knew what they were going into when they started this album and they did the best they could and personally, I LOVE every single song that has been released by sony on their site. I respect your opinion but try looking at it from other ppl.'s point of view... :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Just bought Vinyl from amazon.uk and Deluxe from amazon.de.

For the radio and charts? YES.
For the fans? No. For us even Days In Glouchesteshire and People Of The World are great.

So this concept (original + new version) is amazing.

Exactly. It's the best of both worlds. I think the updated version of "A Place With No Name" is pretty amazing. It took me a while to adjust to it just because I was so used to the leaked version. At first, it was odd, but after a couple of more times, the more I love it. That voice, pure Michael!

Hey look, not everyone is going to agree on everything. That's what make us human. No need to lose sleep over it.

As for me, I can't wait to get my hands on this album. I'm so jealous of those of you who are getting it first. I gotta wait until next Tuesday here in America. At least until Tuesday around midnight. Meanwhile, the Immortal World Tour is coming here to Georgia once again, this time in Duluth.

This is a perfect birthday present I've ever had. Thanks to the Estate, L.A. Reid, all of the producers, but most of all, thank you Michael!

I get where you're coming from. And I would love only demos on an album...However, you have to think about from a Marketing point of view. Michael's demos are Awesome but mostly for us fans... the Estate and Record company are looking at a bigger scope that includes fans and non-fans. They just made the songs kinda' sound like 2014-ish... It is to attract more new fans so that Mike and his music could live on and on.

The producers for this album, I think, knew what they were going into when they started this album and they did the best they could and personally, I LOVE every single song that has been released by sony on their site. I respect your opinion but try looking at it from other ppl.'s point of view... :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Last edited:
NotAlone;3999408 said:
An album of demos with a booklet with information from people who originally work on each song, no need for additional people or remix. Let the music be the strongpoint, not affiliatinf with others. I think all fans could agree on this. The Estate has never tried only releasing Michael's untouched music. Bad 25 make you rebuy album, bonus tracks, and remixes.

New album, all demos no gimmicks. If you want to finish a song use original workers (Quincy is still alive).

Would anyone have a problem with these idea?

I’m not mind it at all but I have a question - why to limit possibilities ?! Why not let creativity to be free ?!
The only limit I think is necessary is respect !!!

But if it appears I just won’t like a mix\song I just won’t listen to it …

But I will be one very happy person to see someone else to love it.

Allusio;3999419 said:
I’m not mind it at all but I have a question - why to limit possibilities ?! Why not let creativity to be free ?!
The only limit I think is necessary is respect !!!

But if it appears I just won’t like a mix\song I just won’t listen to it …

But I will be one very happy person to see someone else to love it.

Last edited:

I was in the other thread and it looks like LNFSG will debut at #20 this week in billboard 100. I think that is great!

If they want people to get into Michael they should release his actual musics, not remix.

They don't know it won't sell until they try.

They are doing it now. Releasing both versions.

They did that with Bad 25 and it failed.

?

Quincy is currently suing The Estate so....that was'nt gonna happen.

It'll work only in short term. Sure, with the so called contemporized sound they'll probably reach out new fans, but they shouldn't underestimate the amount of the core fans. The latter are actually the Estates "cash cows".

They are doing it now. Releasing both versions.

They did that with Bad 25 and it failed.

Bad 25 you need buy:
Bad album (11 song)
Previously relesed bonus tracks (4 song)
Remixes (3 song)
--------------------------
Total 17 songs you have to buy to get:

To get 5 demos. I say demo only, nothing else need buy, they sell for good sales I believe of they try!

Heard Place with no name new version. To put it simple, it is crap. Will not be buying this album besides deluxe. It sounds like garbage They ruined my angel's music! Not happy about this and won't defend Estate any more.

Fine you don't have to like it but seriously . You should be thankful the estate is even putting out any demos for you to listen. Just because you don't like the production it doesn't mean it is crap and they ruined the song, that's being over dramatic. It may not be to your taste.

After only 3 days sales counted, the lead track from 'Xscape,' Jackson's new album, enters the Hot 100 at No. 20 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs at No. 6.

It’s a royal return for the King of Pop to the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts. Michael Jackson's "Love Never Felt So Good" with Justin Timberlake makes splashy debuts at No. 20 on the Hot 100 and No. 6 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. The track is the first single from Jackson's posthumous album "Xscape," due Tuesday (May 13).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...erlake-love-never-felt-so-good-hot-100-charts

NotAlone;3999428 said:
They can make remix as b side of single. This way Michael still priority #1!

In all honesty, it take much more effort, talent and care from the Estate to create worthy mixes, great promotion and also give us demos! So yes, Michael IS priority #1!

The work that has been done is not “cheap” or offhand, IMO it screams respect.

qbee;3999446 said:
After only 3 days sales counted, the lead track from 'Xscape,' Jackson's new album, enters the Hot 100 at No. 20 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs at No. 6.

It’s a royal return for the King of Pop to the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts. Michael Jackson's "Love Never Felt So Good" with Justin Timberlake makes splashy debuts at No. 20 on the Hot 100 and No. 6 on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs. The track is the first single from Jackson's posthumous album "Xscape," due Tuesday (May 13).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...erlake-love-never-felt-so-good-hot-100-charts

OK, now I have to admit that I was wrong!

But no one's happier than me. That is great news!

OK, now I have to admit that I was wrong!

But no one's happier than me. That is great news!

Happy for you.

I was waiting for this post! ;-)

Seriously. People insult me for my own feelings. I feel much about MJ and am sure you other fans do to. If you thought MJ was being disrespected wouldn't you speak up too? I do this out of LOVE love, and hearing this track once was enough to make me sad. Please understand.

How is MJ disrespected by the Estate? They've done an amazing job with all this project. APWNN is a CONTEMPORIZED version for todays' 2014 generation. If this album is going to succeed it had to be this way. APWNN the way MJ left it would totally be out dated in today's market. The estate is doing their best in keeping MJ's legacy alive for generations to come. So pls. understand that and don't be so dramatic. We all love MJ, including the estate and they have done him justice with this album. So please do understand.

APWNN is a CONTEMPORIZED version for todays' 2014 generation.

Not just for them/us. My 52 yo father listened to the song today and said it is the best from the 5 tracks released by now. My mom (same age) who heard the original on the radio few months ago when it leaked said the new version is better.

How is MJ disrespected by the Estate? They've done an amazing job with all this project. APWNN is a CONTEMPORIZED version for todays' 2014 generation. If this album is going to succeed it had to be this way. APWNN the way MJ left it would totally be out dated in today's market. The estate is doing their best in keeping MJ's legacy alive for generations to come. So pls. understand that and don't be so dramatic. We all love MJ, including the estate and they have done him justice with this album. So please do understand.

MJ still sells many copies of Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, and HIStory. Music still play on radio. Especially after 2009 had strong sales. Clearly people have no problem buying older music and there is no need to remake everything.

Michael's music is his legacy and his great music keeps it alive. These new versions may sell well in 2014, but a few years from now it won't. Michael's demos will be regarded as classics though like most his hits.

It does not need to be this way to sell.

What is bigger now and stands test of time:
Bad vs Bad Afrojack Remix
You Rock My World vs Jay Z Duet Remix
Butterflies vs Track Masters Eve Duet
Black or White vs BoW Chiv and Coles Remix
Earth Song vs Earth Song Hani Club Experience

Notice that the remixes that once were trendy die out and real music lives and keeps on touching people hearts.

Damn. Everyone is freaking out, and here I am, trying not to listen to more songs.

I'm sure that if people heard the original before the final version, they would like the demo better. Some of the Thriller demos are better than what ended up on the album, in my opinion. But that doesn't mean Thriller is a bad album, because it all worked together as one.

Invincible, too. Stating that you'd dump a song...that whole album flows in 16 tracks. It would be crazy to remove or add anything, because the album is what it is. It is what Michael imagined it, and how it ended up.

Hi MJ Fam:

This edit of MJ's classic short films set to LNFSG is NOT a official short film for the song,
but it is from the Estate and Sony/Epic for your enjoyment!

http://youtu.be/Ac5aVTX3AUs

May 13 is coming soon! Yippee! :)

Alicia

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

[video=youtube_share;Ac5aVTX3AUs]http://youtu.be/Ac5aVTX3AUs[/video]
http://youtu.be/Ac5aVTX3AUs

Back