Your favorite MJ videos

What I'm about to post, unfortunately isn't a video, but I was reminded of this particularly moving rendition of Man in the mirror because of the following two items

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">“The song had this really magical moment, and it had everything to do with Michael’s vocal interpretation…”- Glen Ballard on “Man in the Mirror” released this day in 1988.<br> <a href="https://t.co/CyRi6CwFR5">https://t.co/CyRi6CwFR5</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/status/1225469258882277376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

united-we-stand.jpg

[video=youtube;ZwPJgtiQAn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwPJgtiQAn0[/video]

It is unfortunate that there isn't a video footage of this historic performance. I still remember hearing the concert streamed live in Oct. 2001 from Washington and the radio hosts being blown away by Michael's delivery of this amazing tune. Just one of the many, many moments when I couldn't be prouder of the man - a true patriot with a golden heart for people in need everywhere :heart:

Re: Whats your favorite MJ video of the day

An utterly surprising choice, I know, considering my signature. It may sound strange, but I hadn't seen the official version of Heal the world in ages. I did earlier today on a music station, including quite a few other Michael tunes. It's always lovely to see that gorgeous face of his on the screen, but seeing HTW had me in tears, ballin' my silly, little heart out. I even managed to mess up my mascara, without goin' full goth look though.

I always carry the lyrics to the song inside of me, but it was refreshingly beautiful to realize once again the magnificence of the visuals - how he went and filmed people from all regions of the world, soldiers and kids and making them all come together, with the candles and the hugs between the kids; a true masterpiece, an absolute masterpiece.

It was such a bitter-sweet reminder why I love this man so darn much. I also remembered seeing the video on June 26th 2009 and just how different my reaction was then. But irrespective of circumstances, two things remain the same - the immense love I have for this most awesome of men and the pride I hold for his visionary message, the same he has been using to awake people for many, many decades now.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Destiny - The Jacksons (ABBA Snowtime, 1979) <a href="https://t.co/DYbjhnaDnX">pic.twitter.com/DYbjhnaDnX</a></p>&mdash; &#665;.&#7437;.&#671; &#9819; (@BlackMJLegion) <a href="https://twitter.com/BlackMJLegion/status/1177693609199570944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It didn't have the best editing but have a nice message. #healtheworld2020

I really enjoy watching videos of MJ visiting Africa. :)

Unfortunately, most of those videos have very poor quality. Are any HQ versions of the original footage out there at all?

the dance rehearsal for 'thriller'. Michael actually held the toe-stand longer than he does in the actual film. loved the comments from both Michael peters and Michael Jackson :) this is the kind of footage I would like to see uploaded to any official online platform. luckily I have the video cassette

My fave video will always be the Motown rehearsals. The way this 10 year old moves and sings like James Brown is mind-blowing. He glides across the floor, feels the rhythm, doesn't miss a beat.
I would have loved him doing that kind of dancing in his concerts, so loose, effortless and it looks almost unrehearsed which it obviously isn't but it gives us that feeling.
But it's mostly the age, 10 years old...

the dance rehearsal for 'thriller'. Michael actually held the toe-stand longer than he does in the actual film. loved the comments from both Michael peters and Michael Jackson :) this is the kind of footage I would like to see uploaded to any official online platform. luckily I have the video cassette

people been asking for it for years. i didn't know billie jean nominated for a Emmy. aww, sad it lost but sadly those people didn't know what michael had up his sleeves after billie jean.

heard this song this morning and thought of this performance:) at this point, Michael already had a distinctive style of dance. he's able to navigate his way around that tiny platform, with a long cord microphone with ease. ive also noticed that his outfits tend to be colour coordinated with the set.. another example of how he only needed himself and an clear stage to be magical:cool:. the song is quite inspirational too :)

heard this song this morning and thought of this performance:) at this point, Michael already had a distinctive style of dance. he's able to navigate his way around that tiny platform, with a long cord microphone with ease. ive also noticed that his outfits tend to be colour coordinated with the set.. another example of how he only needed himself and an clear stage to be magical:cool:. the song is quite inspirational too :)

What a pity it's not live.

the only 'pity' is that the video isn't in a better quality. otherwise it's perfect :)

the only 'pity' is that the video isn't in a better quality. otherwise it's perfect :)

I'm not a fan of lipsyncing I'm afraid. I do love the song though.

though there are a few exceptions, I feel that perfection was already achieved in the studio. anything else is less than - and in some cases, can ruin the song entirely for me.

I don't look at a performance for vocals. it's about the visuals for me. how they enhance everything to create an experience. it allows me to see the music, and whether it matches the interpretation I previously had in my mind. different studio settings and outfits allow for more variety. everything is captured better on television as opposed to concert footage as well.

most importantly; dance. this was an aspect of Michael's art that he spoke more passionately about than any other. miming allowed him the freedom to express himself without sacrificing the quality of the vocals or music. it was a standard that began before Michael's career. it only became a scandal when certain performers did it to vocals that didn't belong to them. Michael never did that. I see no problem with it. in fact, I prefer it :)

do you have your own 'video of the day' to share?

though there are a few exceptions, I feel that perfection was already achieved in the studio. anything else is less than - and in some cases, can ruin the song entirely for me.

I don't look at a performance for vocals. it's about the visuals for me. how they enhance everything to create an experience. it allows me to see the music, and whether it matches the interpretation I previously had in my mind. different studio settings and outfits allow for more variety. everything is captured better on television as opposed to concert footage as well.

most importantly; dance. this was an aspect of Michael's art that he spoke more passionately about than any other. miming allowed him the freedom to express himself without sacrificing the quality of the vocals or music. it was a standard that began before Michael's career. it only became a scandal when certain performers did it to vocals that didn't belong to them. Michael never did that. I see no problem with it. in fact, I prefer it :)

do you have your own 'video of the day' to share?

Michael only mimed when either he wasn't able to do it live because of the limitations of a TV studio (probably the case in your video) or when he got older and could no longer provide a quality live vocal (by his standards). That's why prior to 1988 there isn't a single example of Michael lipsynching in concert. He preferred to do it live.

He only resorted to short-changing the audience when he simply wasn't capable of producing a decent live vocal for the song (or by 1997, any song quite frankly).

I feel like you may have taken my comment personally. So I apologise for that. I love the song, and I hadn't seen the performance, so thanks for posting. I was just disappointed it wasn't live.

I didn't know David i only knew about him after a post on twitter said he passed away. r.i.p david. hope you are with your mother and michael. you will be remembered. prayers to your family and friends may god bless you.

Last edited:
Back