Your LEAST Favorite MJ Hairstyle... And Why.

DarylJoel_B

Inactive
Country
United-States
I don't know why this just came up in my mind NOW, but it was bound to make its way here sooner or later, tbh. I'm sure there's at least one thread or two regarding everyone's FAVORITE MJ hairstyle. But what about your LEAST favorite??

Anyways, I'll just say this. Never been a fan of this hairstyle (which I call the "Men in Black hair", considering this is what he wore for Men in Black II.)

I don't whether it's because it makes him look like a wannabe emo or because I have a friend from school with that exact same hair and it's just really unsettling (true story). But either way, I just do NOT like it. Every other MJ hairstyle, I can find some kind of tolerance for, even though some I like more than others. But... Not this one. It's difficult not to roast the hell out of it every time I see it. Even Michael looks uncomfortable with the way it looks! God, it's dreadful. 😭

Side note: Please don't start arguments and/or petty drama and remain respectful to each other FOR GOD'S SAKE PLEASE. Thank you.

~ DJ

least favourite is every hairstyle without curls
but I don't care about looks

Basically any style from 2001-2003. I never liked the straight hairpieces or the ones that were straight and flipped up at the bottom. Did not suit him at all.
I didn't mind his hair during the trial though and then loved the curls again by 2009.

His worst hairstyle definitely from Men In Black photoshoot... This fringe looked so stupid...BUT His other hairstyles during Invincible Era were just perfect 😍😍especially from 2001 anniversary performance. Also I like his long hair during This Is It Era

The short hair he had in the YANA video. If only he had his long curls in that video... mmm...

The short hair he had in the YANA video. If only he had his long curls in that video... mmm...
45e400899539c602c8572ccad6723208.jpg

honestly? i think i'd DIE. especially at the hair flip part. DELICIOUS. 🫠🤯🤯

I actually don't like the long flowing locks of the Bad era. It wasn't as defined as his 90s curls, nor iconic like his Jheri Curls. They actually really alter his look more than you think too.
Honest to God, I think you might be the first ever person in this fandom to say that Bad era angel curls (at least... that's what I call them) are your least favorite hairstyle! 😲

Watch out for the pitchforks and flamethrowers now. 🧑‍🚒

Seems his straight hair is less favourite style to many fans :). But maybe that style matched with his age and his face at his around 50, it could cover the corner of his thin face. Michael was always concerned about his appearance. My favourite hair style of Michael is the short one which made him a baby face around 1995.

the curls were back in 2009
mike+curls.jpg
I remember when that pic leaked back in 2009 and people were wondering if it was recent or if it was a picture from the 90s. Goes to show how much of a difference a simple hairstyle change can do

the wig MJ wore for the TII press conference at O2 arena in 2009

3_Michael-Jacksona.jpg

I also want to add, another hairstyle I'm not a huge fan of is this very specific Invincible era hairstyle.

7f6a04ba3b23bd2bda27e6b7c0c729e4.jpg

it always looked so oily and ITCHY and pure sensory hell to me. it looks like my hair if i don't wash it for 4+ days. just ROTTEN. 😖

I also want to add, another hairstyle I'm not a huge fan of is this very specific Invincible era hairstyle.

7f6a04ba3b23bd2bda27e6b7c0c729e4.jpg

it always looked so oily and ITCHY and pure sensory hell to me. it looks like my hair if i don't wash it for 4+ days. just ROTTEN. 😖
This seemed his hair was on the way to get long after he cut his hair himself during filming You rock my world. As what I got from documentary film about him, this time there were someone wanting to remold his nose and mocking his appearance that hurted him and made him think that he was a monster, he locked himself in bathroom and cut his hair of course in sobbing and extremely hurted. It was not easy at all he lived a very hard life of a megastar.

This hairstyle from 2002 is my least favourite. Too massive and full, particularly in the front. Seems very unnatural. Really a shame, because Michael looks great otherwise. He'd look amazing here either with curls or a straight but shorter hairstyle.

Last edited:
All straight haired wigs were awful on him. His hair needed some sort of wave or curl. I am not sure why he insisted on using such an odd looking wig. I wasn't a big fan of the hairstyles in childhood or YRNA either. His hair looked best in Off The Wall- Thriller-Bad-Dangerous and then the This Is It eras. Some of the experimentations outside of that just didn't work.

All straight haired wigs were awful on him. His hair needed some sort of wave or curl. I am not sure why he insisted on using such an odd looking wig. I wasn't a big fan of the hairstyles in childhood or YRNA either. His hair looked best in Off The Wall- Thriller-Bad-Dangerous and then the This Is It eras. Some of the experimentations outside of that just didn't work.
I wasn't a big fan of Childhood or YANA hair either, BUT I did like the curly short-haired look at the 1995 VMAs. Thought he looked fantastic.

This seemed his hair was on the way to get long after he cut his hair himself during filming You rock my world. As what I got from documentary film about him, this time there were someone wanting to remold his nose and mocking his appearance that hurted him and made him think that he was a monster, he locked himself in bathroom and cut his hair of course in sobbing and extremely hurted. It was not easy at all he lived a very hard life of a megastar.
He kept sobbing and yelling "People think I'm ugly! They think I look like a monster! I'm a monster I'm a monster!!" Heartbreaking

Do you guys think hhe dyed his hair after Bad era? It seems darker during the Dangerous era.. It could also just looked like that because there less use of backcombing or whatever..?

Back