Your own Mount Rushmore of Musicians...

Anyway, mine would be like this:

1. Michael Jackson
2. Tupac
3. Eminem (he is one of the most influential artists of the 2000's and he's one of the main reasons why rap has become so popular in the East).
4. James Brown

Michael
The Beatles
Freddie
Bowie

Last edited:
- Michael Jackson 70's era
- Michael Jackson 83 era
- Michael Jackson 88 era
- Michael Jackson 90's era

?
I'm actually trying to capture all these looks in various busts.
I'll open a thread on it soon...

Chipmunk Rock

tumblr_o83xbbKtbz1rw606ko1_1280.jpg
:rollin:

I really think that, instead of having a “Mount Rushmore”-like structure or statue to honor specific famous, well-known people in the music industry (or in any form, field of entertainment, sports, etc. - anything else, where certain people rise to prominence and become celebrities, for that matter), the most attention should mainly be paid to the many different anonymous groups of people, and their culture, from which the music itself had sprung, been brought forth and truly originated, in the first place - without whom there would be no existing careers of people whose names we know so well, and are familiar to us, today.

Over a period of many centuries, there have been various types and forms of hardships - such as racism, extreme physical, mental, emotional and other types of abuse, along with discrimination of one kind or another - committed against particular ethnic and cultural groups of people just simply for looking they way they look, and/or being who and what they were. Why not recognize them as well? Why not give respect to, honoring and paying homage to, the true originators of what, eventually, became the very foundation, groundwork of and basis for most of what we now know as various “modern”-day 20th- and 21st-Century musical genres?

An entire culture (and its people, over the centuries, in spite of everything they had to deal with and to endure) should be given the appropriate honor, respect and appreciation, rather than a few well-known, famous musical “stars.” What do any of you, commenting in this thread, think? What is your honest opinion?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Michael Jackson.
Prince.
Elvis Presley.
Freddie Mercury.

This is hard lol.

I don't think that I could have one proper monument unless I had like five mountains for designated eras lol. I feel 80's music should get a mountain all its own. So should the forefathers of rock. Summer of Love Era musicians. Pop music...

Four choices is not enough lol. :unsure:

Back