Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

Eric;3212882 said:
That's because Scream was a double-A side single along with Childhood. You Are Not Alone is essentialy the 3rd single from HIStory and Scream/Childhood were the first 2.

They should do that with the next single.

Behind The Mask and Best of Joy released as one single. - That would be perfect. :clapping:

I don't mean to be a killjoy, but what's really left to be excited about? Single releases were exciting when Mike was alive because of the prospect of a new music video. Unless the estate are going to put together a video with unseen studio footage of MJ, then there's really not much to look forward to here.

Having said that, it would be nice if HT became a massive hit. I love the song, and it deserves to do well.

MattyJam;3213476 said:
I don't mean to be a killjoy, but what's really left to be excited about? Single releases were exciting when Mike was alive because of the prospect of a new music video. Unless the estate are going to put together a video with unseen studio footage of MJ, then there's really not much to look forward to here.

Having said that, it would be nice if HT became a massive hit. I love the song, and it deserves to do well.

I hear you. Now, to me, a single release means a differnt mix of the song done officially...

Still, I wish the song nothing but success.

I am sorry forr the dumb question but is this going to be released as a single everywhere or just UK? I hope they decide to take a different approach then what they did with Hold My Hand. With radioplay and all.

will there be a videoclip? hope so... and not with some people who get on a photo with Dr murray :S :S

Love the song :D so great news... although monster will also be great, i thing even non michael fans will love that song.. it will do good and the dancefloors :D

I'm not sure.....don't want to be Miss. Miserable but not sure this was the best choice of single. I don't hate the song, I do like it....but as a single? I'm not convinced I'm afraid, sorry :(

This is the best choice !!! I hope they never gonna release cascio songs as single !! To much doubt....

Is the press release on the first page even legit? It's nowhere to be found on Sony UK's web site.

Dear Gaz: In reading through the comments, there still appears to be some confusion regarding this release. To help clear things up, can you please help with the below questions?

1. Will they release a specific stand alone single version for download or only direct people to buy the album version of the song which has been available since the cd was released?
2. If they do release a specific stand alone single, will it be released for download throughout the world or only in certain markets?
3. When will the song be made available to radio?
4. Is the radio version different from the album version?
5. Will the CD version only be availalbe in the UK or will it also be available in other markets including the US?
6. Will the CD version contain multiple mixes of the song?
7. Will a video be released for the single? If so, do you have any idea when this might be?

Thanks for you any additional information you can provide. This is very exciting news!

Best regards,
The Fans

xscape guy 2003;3211461 said:
people who think that Michael should fade away! I dont understand you!!

Terry

I don't either- are you fans at all? What is this talk about "fading away"? CRAZY!

analogue;3211470 said:
The only thing that needs to fade away is the cascio tracks

ENOUGH! I love the Cascios tracks - they are one of the my favorites in the album, KYHU, keeps me going with my life right now. Monster is epic! and BN is awesome! I personally love to hear ALL the Cacsio tracks and I'm praying they release all of them one day.

I am excited HT is the next single, although I was also looking forward to MONSTER. The spoken bridge doesn't bother me. Michael had ppl do spoken raps before as in Threatened, and all the other songs with raps in it. I hope it is massive.

As far as comments on this album being the best since the 80's, well I can understand why they say that. The critics who never liked anything after Thriller love this album because it has imo one of the best uptempo tracks he's had in quite a while. I honestly think all the uptempo tracks in MICHAEL are better than all the ones on Invincible. AND the big one is BTM, that is Thriller era, his vocals,the beat everything about it speaks to Thriller. Much Too Soon also. His vocals on the entire album are very free and not strained and there is a carefree, fun, upbeat mood about the whole album. It is an amazing album imo. All the ppl that I know that have heard it and are not MJ fans looove it- they are really pleasantly surprised. Their favorties, Monster, BTM, HT.

Hollywood Tonight is one of those great fun songs, with an amazing base line:D that will have you dancing and singing all night long! Can't wait for the video as I think that is why they will release it late. Also like another poster said, they are waiting for HMH to run its course.

:clapping::clapping:

Monster would've been a better choice, based on mainstream potential. But it's understandable, they went with the next best thing. I'd want to avoid anymore conflict if I were them too.

Also, Michael's fan base is hemorrhaging because of this fakery. We can move on from it, but seriously, WTF?

There are so many amazing songs our angel left behind, why not support those??!

I agree with the people calling for monster to be released but i think BTM should be released now instead on HT and then monster. I can't see sony releasing 4 single so i think they should left out HT.

Hollywood Tonight or Behind The Mask possibly Another Day.

Best of Joy is lovely but not as a single

Anything else (especially Monster) would be a mistake. If half the fans won't listen to it/believe it is Michael, what is the point? Seriously?!

The press release says that the single is available for download now, but where? Is the single a different mix to that of the album?

tricia70;3214277 said:
are you fans at all?

Comments like this one has to stop. We are all fans of Michael, no matter what our position on the new album is.

I don't wanna start an argument here, so I'm not gonna say anything more on this matter. I'm just tired of being labeled as less of a fan just because the circumstances makes it impossible for me to support the new album.

That's all I wanted to say. Thank you.

Here are my next single choices

Another Day
Best Of Joy (Radio Single)
Behind The Mask

In any order

analogue;3214608 said:
Here are my next single choices

Another Day
Best Of Joy (Radio Single)
Behind The Mask

In any order

:clapping::punk::punk::clapping:

I would choose the same!
Behind the Mask as next single please.

czechstar;3214453 said:
OMG, I can't believe that any serious MJ fans would want Monster released. Are you insane? It sounds NOTHING like him...!

Please GOD why can't people accept that whether or not you believe the vocals are fake, whether or not there is a "conspiracy", whether or not the vocals have been auto-tuned or f*&^*&^ with beyond comprehension, this song is NOT the Michael Jackson we know and love.

How come him singing into a dictaphone at the start of one song is clearly him and no one questions it, but Monster is a f&%&% joke.

IT IS NOT MICHAEL. Why can't people get it??!?!?!

contradictory post! - it's legally MJ's song until otherwise.

Monster is the 3rd single I'm told. Sony is going to take the chance and release it anyway. Expect it out in May or June at the latest. Depends on performance of HT.

Now.. this Song has a lot of potential to be #1. If we show our support we can do this and the Album might climb the charts again!

ConservativeMind;3214635 said:
Now.. this Song has a lot of potential to be #1. If we show our support we can do this and the Album might climb the charts again!

Yes and why it beats N 1 single ,to break we are the world

smooth_criminal05;3214632 said:
Monster is the 3rd single I'm told. Sony is going to take the chance and release it anyway. Expect it out in May or June at the latest. Depends on performance of HT.

They go with Monster even though they know they will start the controversy all over again?? - Bad choice. I love Monster, and I think it's MJ. But due to the bad press and controverse it will start I think it's a bad decision.

ConservativeMind;3214635 said:

HT is great. I sooo hope it will be #1 :clapping: :punk:

WE CAN DO IT !!

I think that they would do a terrible mistake to release Monster. Too much controversy and the song itself is meh. Why don't they listen the fans.We are the one who are going to buy the damn song. Release Behind the Mask or Another Day.

Another Day and especially BEHIND THE MASK needs a single release.

Best of Joy should be released too. - Maybe on the same single as AD or BTM or even MTS.

BOJ is the last song MJ worked on in his life. - That is good PR and they could get some attention about that. - It was supposed to be sung during TII concert.

More singles SONY - Thanks.

Back