Around Michael in his last weeks- a fan's story

Thank you for sharing this with us.
It's so beautiful and touching.
What a person he was... so kind... generous... sweet...
You really made me cry...
The story is becaming more and more tragic...

Beautiful story.Thank You for sharing.You are so lucky.
Someone already said that dreams really come true....i believe that too.

Oh how beautiful. Thankyou sooo much for sharing this with us. Many fans havent got the chance to meet him in person but your one on one experiance made us(well, at least me),that we were there with him. That man is like no other in this world and beyond. I will love him forever.

Thankyou.

Love,
Romi

Last edited:
I don’t know why I’m writing this long story. Perhaps because I am afraid of forgetting, of letting go. Constantly thinking and writing of him keeps me sane. And because I want to share with you how I perceived Michael, the wonderful, incredible man, behind the superstar. I know you understand his true essence and need some peace in this crazy aftermath.

I was a fan just like most of us: fell in love with his voice first, during the Dangerous tour, and followed him from afar, always in my heart, since then. For various reasons, I wasn’t fortunate enough to be able to travel to his various appearances. But this June, the stars aligned for me and I was able to go to LA and meet him. I hang out with some of his dearest fans who had been by his side for years, loyal, discreet and showering him with love and attention. They are wonderful people, united by a common passion.

On my first trip there I saw him briefly every day, going to or coming from the rehearsals, movie studio or the movies (he saw UP). I was in heaven when I held his hand and got chills when I heard his truly angelic voice in my ear. He was amazing: gracious, patient, always wanting to let fans know they are the most important thing besides his kids. No matter how tired he was (because he indeed used to work more than 8 hours each day), he would at least acknowledge us with a waive and a smile. From the first day I felt a burning need to just thank him for everything and shower him with gifts, supporting letters and words of love. I gave him letters, pictures, classical music CDs (the Lonely Shepherd, David Garret, etc).

One day I had the immense privilege of briefly talking to him alone. I talked about the concerts, thanking him for his hard work and reinforcing to him that he has this unique power to make millions of people happy just by his essence, his presence. I said that despite this, what matters to me is that he was happy. He said he will be if we are happy. I almost cried then at his unearthly selflessness if it weren’t for my nerves. “He is so beautiful, inside and out” is what was going through my mind that moment. He thanked me and said I love you a few times, with a peaceful demeanor. In one of my previous letters I had described to him how I envisioned his grand finale in the last concerts, the songs and the imagery and message that could have solidified him in history as the greatest entertainer. But guess what, he said these concerts were not about him, but about the world and the message of love….He is human, but indeed a prophet of love to me. This exchange really reinforced that Michael is a special, chosen soul and I was fortunate to see first hand this side of him, above and beyond his superstar persona. This is a priceless memory, but the funniest/ silliest is when two of my friends convinced me to join them serenade the whole I just can’t stop loving you to Michael twice, near his garden and then on intercom 

In his last two days in this world, I gave him two letters and two gifts: a fantasy book for him and the kids and a shirt he actually wore to rehearsals and on stage on Wednesday. Fate would have it that the last time he danced on stage he would wear a gift from fans with a message for fans- see the pic below…
20ud0xy.jpg

The last time I saw him on Wednesday night he smiled, waived, pumped his fist and said I love you. He was in good spirits. My last words to him were “love you so much Michael”.

He is unlike any other. He read our letters and I got confirmation. We really mattered to him. In fact, in his words, “we were his world”. Because he left with these nice words in his mind, I will share a few highlights with you in a subsequent post, because it’s about you too.

Finally and most importantly, this may bring some solace to you, knowing that he didn’t rise to Heaven without a prayer and feeling loved. His kids were praying inside, while two of his fans were praying outside that morning, very hard, fearful, with all the soul. In the end, he wasn’t alone. He was close enough to people he loved the most, people for whom he gave his everything, even his life: his kids and his fans. That’s why I’m sure he will continue to be with us forever. But we need to continue to make our King proud and carry forward his legacy, as his army of love…
He was happy if we were. He was so sweet. Thanks for posting :).

It is a beautifull story. Love how he behave with us fans. Miss him so much it hurts :(

I'm seriously gonna cry. Thank you for your story. Cute shirt too, heh.

That story warmed my heart. I am so happy that you got that experience from him. The shirt had me laughing. I hope a photo comes out with him wearing it :) Thanks for sharing this.

Cris, thank you for sharing your story and for letting Michael know he was loved by his fans.

Just like everyone - thank you SO much for sharing this!!!!!
And thank you for letting Michael know how much we love him and what he means to us :heart:

He is truly one of a kind :cry:

That T-shirt is so CUTE!!!!!! I'm also kinda curious to know how he reacted to it ^_^

Thank you for telling us your story. I feel like I was right there with you. Michael was too good for this world... No one is like him. I cannot believe he is really gone. His presence in this world is truly missed.

Curls for my girls. Imagine if he wore that to his shows lol. So cute.. :( I miss him!

Thank you so much for sharing your story. Reading this made me miss him even more. He was just to good, too beatiful to be true. There will never be anyone like him. He really did have heart of pure gold.
Gosh I miss him so much. This made me cry. Thanks again.

Thank u soo much for sharing!!
I also never had the opportunity to meet him, being uhnable to leave work etc when he was here (as was the case for many others) and this is just a wonderful piece of michael you have passed onto us.
Thanku for sharing your memory!!

I don’t know why I’m writing this long story. Perhaps because I am afraid of forgetting, of letting go. Constantly thinking and writing of him keeps me sane. And because I want to share with you how I perceived Michael, the wonderful, incredible man, behind the superstar. I know you understand his true essence and need some peace in this crazy aftermath.

I was a fan just like most of us: fell in love with his voice first, during the Dangerous tour, and followed him from afar, always in my heart, since then. For various reasons, I wasn’t fortunate enough to be able to travel to his various appearances. But this June, the stars aligned for me and I was able to go to LA and meet him. I hang out with some of his dearest fans who had been by his side for years, loyal, discreet and showering him with love and attention. They are wonderful people, united by a common passion.

On my first trip there I saw him briefly every day, going to or coming from the rehearsals, movie studio or the movies (he saw UP). I was in heaven when I held his hand and got chills when I heard his truly angelic voice in my ear. He was amazing: gracious, patient, always wanting to let fans know they are the most important thing besides his kids. No matter how tired he was (because he indeed used to work more than 8 hours each day), he would at least acknowledge us with a waive and a smile. From the first day I felt a burning need to just thank him for everything and shower him with gifts, supporting letters and words of love. I gave him letters, pictures, classical music CDs (the Lonely Shepherd, David Garret, etc).

One day I had the immense privilege of briefly talking to him alone. I talked about the concerts, thanking him for his hard work and reinforcing to him that he has this unique power to make millions of people happy just by his essence, his presence. I said that despite this, what matters to me is that he was happy. He said he will be if we are happy. I almost cried then at his unearthly selflessness if it weren’t for my nerves. “He is so beautiful, inside and out” is what was going through my mind that moment. He thanked me and said I love you a few times, with a peaceful demeanor. In one of my previous letters I had described to him how I envisioned his grand finale in the last concerts, the songs and the imagery and message that could have solidified him in history as the greatest entertainer. But guess what, he said these concerts were not about him, but about the world and the message of love….He is human, but indeed a prophet of love to me. This exchange really reinforced that Michael is a special, chosen soul and I was fortunate to see first hand this side of him, above and beyond his superstar persona. This is a priceless memory, but the funniest/ silliest is when two of my friends convinced me to join them serenade the whole I just can’t stop loving you to Michael twice, near his garden and then on intercom 

In his last two days in this world, I gave him two letters and two gifts: a fantasy book for him and the kids and a shirt he actually wore to rehearsals and on stage on Wednesday. Fate would have it that the last time he danced on stage he would wear a gift from fans with a message for fans- see the pic below…
20ud0xy.jpg

The last time I saw him on Wednesday night he smiled, waived, pumped his fist and said I love you. He was in good spirits. My last words to him were “love you so much Michael”.

He is unlike any other. He read our letters and I got confirmation. We really mattered to him. In fact, in his words, “we were his world”. Because he left with these nice words in his mind, I will share a few highlights with you in a subsequent post, because it’s about you too.

Finally and most importantly, this may bring some solace to you, knowing that he didn’t rise to Heaven without a prayer and feeling loved. His kids were praying inside, while two of his fans were praying outside that morning, very hard, fearful, with all the soul. In the end, he wasn’t alone. He was close enough to people he loved the most, people for whom he gave his everything, even his life: his kids and his fans. That’s why I’m sure he will continue to be with us forever. But we need to continue to make our King proud and carry forward his legacy, as his army of love…

Crisa, Thank you so much for being so brave and posting your beautiful story. You were so blessed to be able to see and speak with Michael in his final days. Thank you so much for letting him know how much we his fans truly loved him. Thank you for letting us know how much he truly loved us. You have received a gift in your life time that no one can ever take away from you. You got to see and feel Michael's breath taking presence. Thank you for sharing your beautiful experiences with us. :)

Thank you Crisa. Muumi...

Take care of you....if you are the Crisa I am thinking about...let me know if you have read the American Master yet...

Bless you!

i know i shouldnt have read that now ive got tears streaming down my face again. had such a crap weekend . finding it so hard to cope.

that was so beautiful!! he really is a chosen a soul. "curls for my girls" sooooo cute!!!! This story made me cry. I miss Michael soooo much!! :'(

Thank you for sharing your story. It feels great that Michael felt the love from his fans on his final days. It's breaks my heart that he's gone, so sad all too soon.

That is such a sweet story that you will have forever to tell. The closest I ever came to meeting him was we had the same doctor (Dr. Klein, went to him when I lived in LA for a summer) and he had an appt. an hour before I went in. I did try and convince myself that I was sitting in the chair he had sat in because it was still warm haha.

This was a great read. I enjoyed it immensely and I hope there are more stories out there that surfaces like this.

thank you so much to share this everything with us :)
it's beautiful..:)
I also didn't have a chance to met him :(

Thank you so much for sharing your story. You are wonderful. Thank you so much!

thank you for sharring that beautiful story! i have been and always will be a proud loyal fan of MJ, i have been a fan for a very long time i will be 50 this year,,,,,,,Michael truly did love his fans and i will trly miss him...

Back