BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion Thread

Don't wanna be a party pooper, but just because it said "celebrate tour", doesn't mean we're actually getting a concert release. I find it odd that we've pretty much got evertying confirmed now, exepct for a concert. IF a concert was to come, IMO, it should've been promoted as well in all of these articles, etc.

I mean, the concert is the biggest thing here.

If you look at it that way, then not even the album is confirmed, which IMO is absurd!
Like someone said here, we're hearing about the Pepsi part of the deal now and I'm sure there's a lot more to come. We just have to be patient here and let the Estate and Sony do things at their own pace and perfectly, like Michael would have wanted to.

Define 'biggest'...

The album is the 'biggest' thing here, that's the main release. The concert, from the tour that supported the album, is indeed the most wanted by fans, but it's not the main thing here. It's just related to the main project, which is Bad25.

Yeah. I think we'll be hearing more from them by next week... or at least, I hope.
Fine, biggest for the fans.

I can't wait to see the Bad Tour 1988 in it's entirety it's the greatest tour ever performed and Sony & The Estate: God Bless you for releasing it for the fans :)

"We are thrilled to bring Michael and Pepsi back together, as they were in 1988, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the BAD album and tour and to put Michael on one billion Pepsi cans – perhaps a Guinness record,"

Guinness record - sweet if that happens:clapping:
Michael was so much into breaking records. Didn't he have Guinness people ready last concert of TII in which he would have broken 02 record? What would be even sweeter if BAD sells the same amount :wild:

The estate has done good ground work for introducing Michael to the youngsters with Glee and Justin B, now these remix dudes, Michael is going to get the whole new generation of fans:woohoo:

Bubs;3632615 said:
"We are thrilled to bring Michael and Pepsi back together, as they were in 1988, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the BAD album and tour and to put Michael on one billion Pepsi cans – perhaps a Guinness record,"

Guinness record - sweet if that happens:clapping:
Michael was so much into breaking records. Didn't he have Guinness people ready last concert of TII in which he would have broken 02 record? What would be even sweeter if BAD sells the same amount :wild:

The estate has done good ground work for introducing Michael to the youngsters with Glee and Justin B, now these remix dudes, Michael is going to get the whole new generation of fans:woohoo:

Generation NEXT! (old Pepsi slogan) :)

I just found this on another board... RUMORED to be the new album cover. The resolution of the picture is low.

40126396.jpg

the photos on the pepsi header..could they possibly be screencaps of the concert dvd??

If thats the album cover...i doubt it. But the New logo doesnt flow for some reason...but the Shinbey Michael jackson looks nice

Here's the first preview of the BAD Tour in N.Y. City, in Queens in HIGH VIDEO QUALITY, blu-ray:

[youtube]4Ir5cmGN7Pg[/youtube]

Here's the first preview of the BAD Tour in N.Y. City, in Queens in HIGH VIDEO QUALITY, blu-ray:

[youtube]4Ir5cmGN7Pg[/youtube]

Excellent! But I really can't wait to get this in better, Bluray/DVD quality :D

People took my comment about a boycott seriously? Good grief. How can anyone boycott an unannounced product?

I don't know. It seems some were making an opinion of what they would and would not buy. It led to a statement about the forum not boycott.

Originally Posted by OnirMJ How can Bucharest DWT be "Worst release EVER!!!" when you have Vision & Michael? I think that Bucharest is one of the best releases ever. Yeah, there are too much editing but that is the only concert we have and it is in perfect quality. I watch it very often, I love it.

The dangerous bucharest dvd was the best release ever in mj history imo (apart from thiller album of course) as i still watch it from time to time :) . I watched it this week on tuesday as it was my bday and usually watch that dvd ( or this is it) to celebrate my bday hehe

New info from Wall Street Journal Article

A spokeswoman for Mr. Jackson's estate said the PepsiCo campaign represents the first branding deal since Mr. Jackson passed away, but that more such marketing agreements are planned.

-----

Frank Cooper, a senior PepsiCo marketing executive, said the Pepsi campaign is respectful toward Mr. Jackson and more "forward looking'' than nostalgic by celebrating the pop legend's continuing influence on music.

Mr. Jackson remains highly popular across the globe, spanning all age groups, Mr. Cooper added.

---

PepsiCo is launching a TV ad in China featuring music from Mr. Jackson's "Bad'' album later this month, but hasn't decided yet if it will run similar ads in the U.S. It's launching a TV commercial in the U.S. next week featuring singer Nicki Minaj.

----------

In addition to the cans with Mr. Jackson's silhouette, PepsiCo is teaming up with musicians and producers to reinterpret some of the singer's songs, part of a broader digital campaign. It also promises "epic, live events'' tied to Mr. Jackson in the coming months.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304746604577381792902984470.html

great news, nice to hear this! Will it be in every country the ads and stuff?

new info from wall street journal article

a spokeswoman for mr. Jackson's estate said the pepsico campaign represents the first branding deal since mr. Jackson passed away, but that more such marketing agreements are planned.

-----

frank cooper, a senior pepsico marketing executive, said the pepsi campaign is respectful toward mr. Jackson and more "forward looking'' than nostalgic by celebrating the pop legend's continuing influence on music.

Mr. Jackson remains highly popular across the globe, spanning all age groups, mr. Cooper added.

---

pepsico is launching a tv ad in china featuring music from mr. Jackson's "bad'' album later this month, but hasn't decided yet if it will run similar ads in the u.s. It's launching a tv commercial in the u.s. Next week featuring singer nicki minaj.

----------

in addition to the cans with mr. Jackson's silhouette, pepsico is teaming up with musicians and producers to reinterpret some of the singer's songs, part of a broader digital campaign. It also promises "epic, live events'' tied to mr. Jackson in the coming months.

http://online.wsj.com/article/sb10001424052702304746604577381792902984470.html

the bad tour???!!??

Bad Tour 88 dvd/blu-ray is the most important part of Bad 25. They need to release it.

So it's more then just the rumor Bad song itself with 3 DJ's remixing one song for Pepsi? It's now confirmed that it's more songs from the Bad CD with mutiple other people that will include musicians that will be remixed? Well, atleast it sounds better then it did before, I'll say that much. lol I wonder if these remixes all gonna be offered only from getting the Pepsi cans and downloading the code or will it be a slipt project for the actual CD aswelll? If it's only for the Pepsi cans and the CD also has it's own remixes available that will be alot of remixes. O_O So I can't wait to here what exactly the BAD25 cd will contain other then the orginal songs then?!

Last edited:

I really hope we get the Bad Tour 1988 on DVD, Blu-Ray & in cinemas this year. This Tour defines the legacy of the "KING" his vocals were at his best IMO and the way he moved in perfect motion to the music, he looked so good. So please Sony & The Estate of Michael Jackson please release the Bad Tour 1988 this year for me and every Michael Jackson fan around the world. :)

i really hope the bad tour 1988 gets released on Blu-Ray & DVD & in cinemas this year, sony & estate please release it.

Last edited:

I really hope we get the Bad Tour 1988 on DVD, Blu-Ray & in cinemas this year. This Tour defines the legacy of the "KING" his vocals were at his best IMO and the way he moved in perfect motion to the music, he looked so good. So please Sony & The Estate of Michael Jackson please release the Bad Tour 1988 this year for me and every Michael Jackson fan around the world. :)

God bless you... you are the "Face" of MJ fans who've been begging for this tour for decades now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back