BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion Thread

I hope they don't put Jean-Claude Vandamme in the Belgian Pepsi commercial instead of MJ. :D

Hmm.. how long does "coming" mean? It could be hours or it could be days.

Well in my experience "coming soon" according to Dr. Shafer is less than a week, according DDA Walgren at least over 3 weeks, according to Jacksons more than 3 months.

Sorry I had to do it :)

Just becaue it's another country/cultural you don't have the right to be disappointed? and voice your opinion. and if you are tired of reading the complaints Stop reading them.

I have nothing against Chinese stars nor people. But Chinese fans expect to see MJ, not someone else. What kind of argument is that? So, each country will have their own local star instead of MJ? Well, whatever. Why calling it MJ Pepsi commercial then? Name it after that local guy and use his or her own song.Chinese are not dumb, they know who MJ is and they deserve to see MJ as much as anyone else in the Pepsi ad.

The point was some people were complaining "who are those people". Well at least educate yourself about who the people are and how popular they are.

Well in my experience "coming soon" according to Dr. Shafer is less than a week, according DDA Walgren at least over 3 weeks, according to Jacksons more than 3 months.

Sorry I had to do it :)

The point was some people were complaining "who are those people". Well at least educate yourself about who the people are and how popular they are.

The point is what do they do there? In an MJ pepsi video? Do you want to see Justin Bieber jumping around on MJ's music only because it would touch younger generations?

tumblr_m44ekr54D81qgng9h.gif

First of all Chinese Ad is made for Chinese market and not for us so it would consist of their cultural elements. Secondly both people in it are extremely popular in China. The guy is called "king of popularity" and quite famous for his songs and dance and the girl happens to be the most popular actress. So that people combined with Michael's music might be the thing to reach to Chinese teens.

Well, I agree with that. They are going to use celebrities known to their culture. And that is cool! But what's not cool, is no MJ... no matter what country they are catering to. If they could have at least shown some of Michael in the video, we would all be smiles and happy.:D

Well, I agree with that. They are going to use celebrities known to their culture. And that is cool! But what's not cool, is no MJ... no matter what country they are catering to. If they could have at least shown some of Michael in the video, we would all be smiles and happy.:D

Well that was my point. They for sure advertize their product - Pepsi. But they for sure do not advertize MJ's BAD 25 which should coincide with the release.

The point is what do they do there? In an MJ pepsi video? Do you want to see Justin Bieber jumping around on MJ's music only because it would touch younger generations?

Oh no... I just had an image in my head. This is what we are going to get when the commercials start airing in the U.S. It's going to be Bieber or N. Manaj.:bugeyed

Oh no... I just had an image in my head. This is what we are going to get when the commercials start airing in the U.S. It's going to be Bieber or N. Manaj.:bugeyed

That's why I never got my hopes about with these Pepsi commercials...I'm absolutely not surprised so far at the ad in China....I imagine it'll be the same type of thing in North America... It's never about the fans anymore...:(

Lool.

I'm Bad and Pepsi's cool. Who's BAD?

images

Thank you! I was getting a bit tired of people complaining about something that's not meant for their country/culture, saying they hate it and don't like it.

People, you're not supposed to like it. The Chinese people are supposed to see it and like it, not you...

I understand the cultural issue here. I have first hand experience on how people with different cultural backgrounds can have different perceptions. I have no doubts the two young stars in the Chinese ad are very popular at the moment.

MJ fans, even Chinese MJ fans, expect to see a Bad 25 edition of Pepsi ad. People are not complaining about any random local Pepsi ad and ask why there is no MJ, but some popular local stars. This ad is supposed to be a promotion of Bad 25 as well. After watching the ad, I don't know if people know the song Bad is a Michael Jackson song from the album BAD. The whole vibe and imagery of the ad have nothing to do with the album BAD, except the song Bad is being played in the background.

The funny thing is that we are talking about cultural difference. But, the fact is I don't see any traditional Chinese culture being referenced in the ad? Soda is far from part of Chinese culture. The ad is a PEPSI ad. It's selling a beverage invented in America to Chinese people. Not the other way around. It's not selling tea. Why are we "supposed" to not like it? If I go to France and see a local French ad, am I supposed to not like the French ad?

Chinese people know who Michael Jackson was. Michael doesn't need to be introduced by some very popular local young stars. Michael is a legend. He's a magnet. Michael's appeal is global. His works can draw people in. Just like how the Beatles and Queen will always be relevant.

To me, the Chinese ad looks more like a promotion for the two Chinese pop stars than a promotion to the album BAD.

I know Pepsi's goal is to utilize Michael's appeal to sell more cans of soda. I just don't see Michael's magic in the Chinese ad.

it's not the Tour it's just the album :cry: goodbye dreams of seeing the tour :cry: :cry: :cry:

To me, the Chinese ad looks more like a promotion for the two Chinese pop stars than a promotion to the album BAD.

I know Pepsi's goal is to utilize Michael's appeal to sell more cans of soda. I just don't see Michael's magic in the Chinese ad.

Then these two goals completely contradict themselves...How can they utilize MJ's appeal to sell more WHILE promoting other stars?

To the younger generation,it may be just some random song playing in a Pepsi commercial...No one would have a clue as to why that song is playing in a Pepsi commercial...There's no indication whatsoever that the ad coincides with the BAD25 Anniversary release....I'd be expecting the same in North America then....So, what's the use of striking this deal?

FAIL.

@Zakk, what are you talking about??

it's not the Tour it's just the album :cry: goodbye dreams of seeing the tour :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wait, what??? What did you find out? I can't get into Facebook for an announcement from here. Did they announce just an album only, with no BAD tour DVD????

Can't wait for this!

Wait, what??? What did you find out? I can't get into Facebook for an announcement from here. Did they announce just an album only, with no BAD tour DVD????

i haven't found out its just a feeling they won't release it :cry:

We will get BAD25 amd BAD Tour this year I think!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back