Book: Remember the Time: Protecting Michael Jackson in His Final Days / Review @pg8

Bill Whitfield @MJBODYGUARDS · 10 h.

Thank you FANmily, those who attended and those who support us across the miles. Much luv!

BwVCcXQCEAA6Pxc.jpg:large

When you said the only negative tale included financials, my first thought was Friend/Flower. laughs. Needless to say, I do not agree with your assessment that it boosted Michael's masculinity. That tale is more conflicting than the phone tale.

Well thats a differing of opinion again. :) Like I said in my initial review, the way the Friend/Flower incidents were written didn't come across as negative whatsoever, unlike what the media tried to portray. To me, Michael was simply DATING. I consider that a positive. Something that most NORMAL people do. I have no idea what was so negative about that. Actually I thought it was pretty sweet the things he did for Friend especially (imagine going on a late night date to have a Washington DC tour with Michael freakin Jackson, I'd die! Better than any fan fiction lol) . And yes, it was conflicting and incomplete, cuz again, they gave MJ his privacy and didn't know the whole tale of his relationship with those girls, how they met, what he felt about them, if he'd see them again, etc. No you don't have that info because they didn't have that info. This effectively debunks all rumors that he was asexual or homosexual (not that there was anything wrong with those two identifications, but MJ constantly tried to tell people throughout his life that those rumors were not true, and there you have it, accounts about it being not true).

Yes i don't deny that financial wealth feeds a man's ego, as does having sexual partners, as does having a deep voice, as does having muscles and being strong, as does a lot of things lol. But to me thats not even the point. Yes MJ had financial troubles, yes if he were alive it probably would have cut into his ego and hurt his feelings like ANYTHING else that would have been written about him that didn't feed into the image that he WANTED portrayed in public if he were alive. Like they already admitted, if he was alive, you wouldn't be reading a book like that. But since he was now gone and could not combat all the other LIES that people maliciously throw out there about his private life, they decided to use what they knew to tell what they believe is the truth about him. And to me, like i said, the only negative thing was his financial situation and that wasn't even portrayed as his fault but the unfortunate result of being let down by people he trusted and being broken by the trials he just came out of. Not a new concept. Not a concept that's far fetched. At all. And his rough financial situation was also not a new concept either, we already knew about it - like I said. So them talking about it to me makes even more sense because its not like they're saying something we don't already know.

Him having money problems is not the worst thing in the world to me, I'm sorry, especially everything that he went through. He was not superman. I knew he wouldn't come out of that whole situation completely unscathed - emotionally OR financially. Its definitely not the worst thing in the world they could have said about him. If you believe MJ making out with women is a negative thing - then I guess that's your opinion. But I think people are simply reading into things that don't fit into the ideal image of Michael Jackson as "negative." Or just buying into the media's spin of it. I too didn't like the tale of Flower and Friend the way it was portrayed, until I actually read the book. LOL

But I think showing this state he was in shows just how...and I said this in my initial review....BIG of an impact that trial had on him. If they didn't include these stories, then I don't think that would have gotten across as effectively in my end. And if they didn't get that point across effectively, then they wouldn't have gotten their MAIN point across effectively - the one that they brought on home at the end. Thousands of people at his funeral - where were they when he needed them? It brings home the isolation of his world (which MJ often talked about himself) and puts it in perspective. Its different hearing someone talking about it than it is 'experiencing' it from an inside perspective.

Now I'm not saying that I'm 100% convinced about these guys' intentions either. But I choose to think that they did a good job not dragging MJ's name through the mud with their efforts and giving him a sympathetic, humanized perspective - no matter what their intentions. They could have said they found million dollar checks to pay off little kids (like latoya did in her book ?- again, maybe we're not thinking of the same book lol) if they wanted to lie and make a few extra, but they didn't.

Question is if it's true or not. But anything boosting Michael's masculine side and sexual behaving seem to be true to every fan out there.

Well, I personally would have been perfectly ok if MJ didn't have any interest whatsoever in having sexual relations with anybody. LOL It really doesn't matter to me. But I think context clues tell us (including the way he has acted in public even - anyone remember "I'll give you MORE than a hug" and "They're beautiful people (spanish people, as he's talking to female fans), they're stunning to look at'? lol) - that its not such a stretch that MJ might have been dating. Why wouldn't that have been true?

I didn't mean that him dating wasn't true, just this tale. Since it doesn't add up with what others have said about it. He did have a girlfriend, so this tale with flower and friend doesn't fit in.

I didn't mean that him dating wasn't true, just this tale. Since it doesn't add up with what others have said about it. He did have a girlfriend, so this tale with flower and friend doesn't fit in.

And how do you know what you heard about a girlfriend is the true story?

J5master, I understand. As I said, I am glad you appreciated the book and others have as well. I did not appreciate it and others did not as well. What I and others see as negative tales that are purposefully unsubstantiated by the authors because they most likely are not true will be considered acceptable tales of Michael’s truth to you and others. As I said in previous posts, the tales have to be acceptable to one’s image of Michael. I have also said that I do not view these authors as trustworthy in their professional relationship to Michael so I continue (and rightfully so) to be wary of their tales.

J5master;4039914 said:
This effectively debunks all rumors that he was asexual or homosexual (not that there was anything wrong with those two identifications, but MJ constantly tried to tell people throughout his life that those rumors were not true, and there you have it, accounts about it being not true).

It is unfortunate that Michael stating he was heterosexual, the way he lived his private life, and the way he expressed his heterosexual feelings through his art is not enough to support his heterosexuality for some including his fans. That has always been the public’s issue to handle, not Michael’s.

The tale of Friend/Flower does not debunk anything. It is one tale given by these authors to hopefully satisfy a public who always has that question in the back of their minds. I never said Michael having a heterosexual relationship was a negative so no need to attempt to assign that view to me. I said I do not believe the Friend/Flower tale.

J5master;4039914 said:
Like they already admitted, if he was alive, you wouldn't be reading a book like that.

If anyone has asked themselves why this book of Michael’s (and his children’s) truth was courageously published only after Michael’s passing, I would like to hear the answer.

Latoya’s first book is in full on Jetzi (the second is as well). No chapters or pages are missing that Jetzi or I am aware of. Not one word about Michael being capable of what he was falsely accused of or any insinuations that he was.
http://jetzi-mjvideo.com/books-jetzi-04/toya/toya0a.html

While LaToya's first book does not make any allegations about Michael, it does about Joseph Jackson. Claiming that he molested her and Rebbie when they were children. I'm no fan of Joseph but I do not believe that.

Respect77, is there another edition of Latoya's first book? I read the same version that is on the link I gave above. There is no mention of Joe molesting anyone.

Respect77, yes, what she said in promotion and what was actually in the book were two different things. The book actually had rather humorous tales at times of her and Michael at Hayvenhurst.

If you read the article I gave a link to LaToya said in an interview that she hinted at being sexually abused by Joseph in the book: "If you read it carefully, you will find it there. It's something that the book company did not want to really elaborate on because they feel that it would be infringing on someone's personal life."

Now, I have the book but it's been a while I read it and I do not remember whether there really is anything in it that could be construed as a hint at sexual abuse. But I do have problems with LaToya's credibility.

I had always heard that as well. In fact, the NY Post piece posted earlier refers to it being in the book. A few months ago, though, I ran across the "Glenda" tapes on You Tube, which I had always assumed were fake-but I've read the back story since-probably here on this forum. So I listened to them, and Michael very casually mentioned LaToya's book as if it was a "good" thing-very honest, etc.
So I found her book online and read it the other day. (It's a real fast read) There's nothing in there about her father molesting anyone at all.
So all of that apparently was in the television, print interviews so people would buy the book. Guess the book wasn't sensational enough-

I liked her book pretty well-but she and Michael only come off as absolute angels.

I liked her book pretty well-but she and Michael only come off as absolute angels.

Some of those tales were hilarious. They may have been missed by some for whatever reason but her book was enjoyable. I would say some of the tales do not portray Michael as an angel but, they are not meant to hurt him either. The tales of him going through people's desk drawers and such.. laughs

Oh, I agree. I couldn't believe I was reading the book after hearing all the bad stuff all these years-but I really enjoyed it. I laughed out loud a lot.

Well I remember reading it on hard cover way back in the day - so maybe I was remembering something else. Either way I do know that her accusations against MJ were connected to the promotion of the book. Which is kinda the same point - these bodyguards could have claimed anything they wanted to that would have been much more outrageous than his obvious and already public financial issues, but they didn't.

That's the way I had always remembered it as well. But he was referring to LaToyas book at the start of the Dangerous tour. So she must have said all that stuff about him later.
That's why I decided to go ahead and read it.
I don't have anything against the bodyguards book either. I haven't bought or read it yet but I like what's been written about it by fans who have. And I liked the interviews with them I've seen.

I enjoyed the book, some parts sad and some LOL, like when Bill was showing MJ his gun and MJ said he always thought about owning a gun but he never would because of his children in the house, and there is too many people he'd probably want to shoot.

^^^ Also, what i wouldnt give to see MJ/PPB's expressions when he busted in there with the gun pointed at them. LOL I just pictured this wide eyed "HOLY CRAP" look from Michael lol.

J5master, I asked you why you detest Latoya's book. You replied: "because she insinuated he was a child molester" and " they could have said they found million dollar checks to pay off little kids (like latoya did in her book" when that was not in the book. No worries.

By the way, her book was released about a year or two before Michael even met his accuser. The book was a best seller and even Oprah Winfrey asked Michael about Latoya's book in her famous interview with him done before the false allegations. Unfortunately, Latoya's husband believed if she went on a promotional tour saying negative things about Michael after the allegations, it would recreate interest in her book again.

I believe the authors of this book did indeed embellish and/or fabricated tales to please their audience which they and/or their publisher correctly estimated would be mostly Michael's fans. Their tales actually did change base on the reaction they received from some fans.

^^ welp if that's true, its about time that they fabricated mostly positive stories for a change :p I'd rather that than the alternative lol

I enjoyed the book, some parts sad and some LOL, like when Bill was showing MJ his gun and MJ said he always thought about owning a gun but he never would because of his children in the house, and there is too many people he'd probably want to shoot.
HAHA-That made me laugh really hard. I really do want to read it.

^^ welp if that's true, its about time that they fabricated mostly positive stories for a change :p I'd rather that than the alternative lol

I have read better fabrications. laughs

We agree to disagree if it is positive or negative.

Posted earlier this morning on Mike Garcia's Facebook:

mg-false.jpg

News article link: http://bit.ly/tcoukrtt

Makes me wonder which part of this he's referring to as false- or if he means the whole thing? He does claim (in the comments) that there wasn't a second woman ("Flower")- just "Friend". Not trying to stir up that argument again, as it really doesn't matter, but this is what Garcia claims.

It would be interesting to hear from him [Garcia]. Not to spill the beans about his experiences, but perhaps to set the record straight on what's true and what's not. I enjoyed the book and I supported it- mainly because it was a positive read- but I've waffled on it from day 1. It's nice that there is a book that speaks positively about him, but if any or all the stories are false, does that justify the book being positive? Besides, for all we know, maybe Bill & Javon are telling the truth, and Garcia just has bitter feelings.... I dunno. Just trying to play devil's advocate here and look at this from all sides.

Just wanted to share his post and my thoughts with every one.

I would go on Garcia`s version. Because that make more sense with what other people say who knew Michael and the woman he had in his life.

Besides, for all we know, maybe Bill & Javon are telling the truth, and Garcia just has bitter feelings.... I dunno. Just trying to play devil's advocate here and look at this from all sides.

Bill and Jarvis are not telling the truth, they are telling their truth.
It´s a difference there.
They can remember wrong, misunderstand things.
You can think they should remember how many woman there were
I hope they at least think they are telling the truth

MIST;4048684 said:
Bill and Jarvis are not telling the truth, they are telling their truth.
It´s a difference there.
They can remember wrong, misunderstand things.
You can think they should remember how many woman there were
I hope they at least think they are telling the truth

I trust Garcia as well. Anybody who keeps their mouth shut about Michael's personal affairs is a trustworthy source, in my opinion. But of course, not having been there, not knowing the people involved, it's hard for me to make an absolute decision on that. I think we can only go with what our guts (and hearts) tell us.

^^Well Garcia was part of the group to publish the book initially, so just because he is not in it now, that does not mean he is keeping his mouth shut about Michael's personal affairs and is therefore a trustworthy source. At one point he was not going to shut his mouth. Anyway is this paper publishing an article months after this book was released, or is it that Garcia just found the article and saying it is false? I don't want to click on the link.

^^Well Garcia was part of the group to publish the book initially, so just because he is not in it now, that does not mean he is keeping his mouth shut about Michael's personal affairs and is therefore a trustworthy source. At one point he was not going to shut his mouth. Anyway is this paper publishing an article months after this book was released, or is it that Garcia just found the article and saying it is false? I don't want to click on the link.

Ah- I didn't realize he wanted to be or was part of all this in the beginning. Argh! I guess I don't even know what to think, lol. I thought he decided not to be part of it based on his morals- :lol: That could have been made up in my head though.... wishful thinking, you know? I want so desperately for somebody to be on Michael's side for a change. It's difficult enough for all of us to know who to trust- I can't even imagine what it must have been like for him :( Thanks goodness for people like Macauly and Chris Tucker and Elizabeth Taylor. They are real friends; people who have never, and I hope will never, speak of what they know.

As for the article, no, it's old. It's from June 25.

Last edited:
I won't support the book because they broke the confidentiality agreement and code they had with Michael, no matter if they stopped working for him before TII. No reputable firm will hire them again. Which famous person would want relatives, "friends" and former employees writing a "tell-all" book about him/her once they can no longer stop them because they are dead? Positive book or not.

Back