Votes: 433 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • Not yet, but I will

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • I don't know if I will cry

Votes: 10 2.2%

• Total voters
I didn't cry much over his death actually, but I think I have an emotional block that's been going on for a while now. I actually felt nothing when I first heard the news. I was in shock. The memorial service is what hit his death home for me. I was just thinking OMG, he really is gone. My childhood hero is gone. I feel just a deep pain now and like a lump in my throat that doesn't go away. I've come to accept his death, but thinking on the past with how the media trashed him, regrets I couldn't be a better fan, and thinking of what could have been, still haunt me sometimes. That's what upsets me the most rather than his death. I keep thinking to myself, why couldn't have more gone right for Michael rather than wrong? But I have to remind myself that so much good did happen for him as well. He changed the world in ways that no single person alone you could think would accomplish. He is also still here in spirit and I take great comfort in that. I still feel pangs of sadness every day and wish he could be here alive and still doing what he loves on earth. But in a way, I think now he is able to reach out much more than ever before, impacting people's lives. :)

To break and cry,it happened only 2 times,being the last time,last sunday.

But since i heard the news,i cry inside.
My heart is crying everyday

Sometimes i might have tears in my eyes,but i always hide them and avoid them to fall because i need to control myself.

I do need to breakdown and cry way much more,but when will i aloow it happen,i have no idea

I read the news on another forum I'm a part of while it was all happening, and read that his death was finally confirmed from pretty much all major sources. At first I was just completely shocked and didn't know what to think. I went on with my day as usual, but I was still in utter shock.

Then... a few hours later it hit me like a TON OF BRICKS, and I started bawling like a little baby! I was so mad, so sad, so--just every emotion you could ever imagine. I cried and cried and cried every single day for probably the first couple of months.

I grew up listening to Michael's music and watching his videos since the age of only 4... and I NEVER EVER stopped loving him since. When he died... I truly felt like he took a big chunk of myself with him. Like one of my very own family members had passed... it was CRAZY!

I still cry... sometimes from sadness, sometimes from happiness, sometimes for no reason, lol... when it happens, it just happens. I will always love Michael forever. And I pray he won't fade away. ;)

:angel:

I didn't cry immediately, guess I was in shock for a while. And I hadn't realised how much Michael and his music had meant to me over the years. I couldn't sleep the night I heard the news, and was exhausted the next day. I cried buckets while watching the memorial though, and have obsessed about him ever since that awful day in June. Just the other day I watched a repeat of Madonna's speech at the VMA's and had tears rolling down my face again.

Everytime I think about Michael I feel so, so sad for him. I always believed he was innocent of all the awful things portrayed on the TV, hated Bashir for that dreadful interview, and cringed while the world judged such a gentle and feeling man as Michael...

Luckily I have a very understanding husband. I never thought I would feel such grief for someone I had never met in life...

I was at home my Father passed away two weeks before Michael. I hadn't been on my computer or watched the tv for two weeks and for some reason on this particular day I put the tv on and there was a news flash that said Michael had died. I was already a mess from losing my Dad I just sat down and bawled my eyes out. I didn't move for over two hours I couldn't believe it. I swear my heart broke there and than.

I am still crying for Michael because I feel so lost and alone without him. I miss him so much I have loved him for over 30 years. I joined this forum after he passed away so I would not be alone because no one I know understands how I feel.

Sorry to rant but in answer to your question I have been constantly crying since June 25th.

Julia

I was at home my Father passed away two weeks before Michael. I hadn't been on my computer or watched the tv for two weeks and for some reason on this particular day I put the tv on and there was a news flash that said Michael had died. I was already a mess from losing my Dad I just sat down and bawled my eyes out. I didn't move for over two hours I couldn't believe it. I swear my heart broke there and than.

I am still crying for Michael because I feel so lost and alone without him. I miss him so much I have loved him for over 30 years. I joined this forum after he passed away so I would not be alone because no one I know understands how I feel.

Sorry to rant but in answer to your question I have been constantly crying since June 25th.

Julia

Oh Lord... such a double-whammy. :cry: God Bless you, sweetie. Please stay strong for the both of them. :hug:

When I first heard the news, I was in an older ladies apartment (we were both working on a campaign). I just happened to be watching CNN when the news broke. So I saw it all from the report of cardiac arrest to the LA Times announcing Michael's passing. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. As I was about to lose it, the lady I was with commented about how another celebrity ODed...why should the world care? She then grabbed the remote and turned the TV off. I was so shocked by someone's insensitivity, that I went numb. Unfortunately, I couldn't go home right away and had to go to a meeting that night WITH this woman. At the meeting, they did mention Michael in a positive light.

The next few days, I made an effort to avoid the media. I pretended nothing happened.
Finally that Tuesday, I was talking to my mom about some family problems and completely broke down. My mom then looked at me and said "You must be going through hell right now."

I don't think I ever cried that much in my life.

Yes I did, when I knew it on June 26th.
And now I sometimes cry when I think about his death.

To break and cry,it happened only 2 times,being the last time,last sunday.

But since i heard the news,i cry inside.
My heart is crying everyday

Sometimes i might have tears in my eyes,but i always hide them and avoid them to fall because i need to control myself.

I do need to breakdown and cry way much more,but when will i aloow it happen,i have no idea

Same here.. my body feels too much in shock to cry anymore.
I had a few breakdowns and sometimes my eyes fill up with water. But I feel like im keeping alot inside and in too much pain to cry anymore.

Same here.. my body feels too much in shock to cry anymore.
I had a few breakdowns and sometimes my eyes fill up with water. But I feel like im keeping alot inside and in too much pain to cry anymore.

The difference between us,is that i am stopping my body,i am closing my heart to avoid and ignore pain.
I really feel that if i don't force myself to be in control,that i would break completly,and it would be very very hard to be in control again.
Although sometimes i think that the breakdown is near.

I just cried reading this thread :( I'm glad we all have each other to share this with, I don't know what I would have done without this forum. *Hugs*

I cried a lot :(
then i stopped crying for the last two weeks or so

but then they released the "This Is It" trailer :cry:
now i'm crying everyday just like after 25th of June
i'm so confused, i don't actually know if i should hope for the movie to be released in my city or not

i'm afraid if they didn't release it here - i'll be upset
& if they released it, i don't know whether i'll go see it or not
on one hand i don't wanna burst into tears in the movies & on the other hand i don't want to regret not going to see it

I'm glad we all have each other to share this with, I don't know what I would have done without this forum.

me too
sometimes i feel people outside don't realize how we're feeling

AppleHeadisPeterPan sometimes i feel people outside don't realize how we're feeling

that is so true :yes: i keep telling people in my family they say to me to stupid up and stop it my family is so mean to me they don't understand how i feel too but is o.k for them to do it but not me :yes: ;( sound so mean my family doesn't understand how i feel everyday in my life cause my health problems is taking over my life

ooh also too my goldfish she pass away the same week as MJ dead :yes: :cry:

but is o.k for them to do it but not me ( sound so mean my family doesn't understand how i feel everyday in my life cause my health problems is taking over my life

well, since they DO IT then may be they understand but don't want you to cry because of your health problems - i hope you feel better
my mom worries about me crying because i recently had a LASIK eye surgery so i cry alone in my room, i don't let anyone see me
but my friends are worse
when we go out they pull out Mike's CD from the car stereo & if i'm bored by the CD already in the stereo & want to change it, they tell me to put anything but Michael on :(
so i only listen to him when i'm driving alone

also too my goldfish she pass away the same week as MJ dead :yes: :cry:

i'm sorry to hear that :(

Last edited:
The day it happened I was in shock and it didn't hit me till the next day.I was very upset I still get sad when I hear certain songs from him I was hoping he could make it through his troubles and get help but it didn't happen *sighs* He's the first celebrity I got upset over

Yes...

It's been an on and off thing even now. Gosh, I miss him so much.

I feel so blessed to have live during his lifetime. When I first heard the news, I thought it was some sick joke as well. June 25 was my high school graduation and I never thought that I will remember that day for other reasons such as Michael's death day. T_T

When I went home and checked MJJcommunity, I learned that Michael was really dead. I cried and my poor bed has to suffer my punches of frustration and grief. Then, my Dad came into the room and asked me why I'm crying... At first I was hesitant to state the reason because I seriously didn't want to hear any stupid remarks about him. But when I said it, My Dad was shocked as well! My Dad grew up with the J5 and with Michael. My Dad informed my Mom and my brother and they all watched CNN. I did not watch it with them cause I hate CNN. I stayed in my room and cried, reminisce, and grieved with fans on the net. Good thing my family understood and gave me my space.

Bruce lee , tupac , shakur, and now michael jackson are all on the other side. For any of the older members was it like this when tupac died like the whole world was mourning. I was only six or five yrs old when he passed. Even though i was already a fan of both mike and tupac by this time. Is just that i got a chance to grow up and see mike active more. I'm 18 now and i'm dangerous / historry/ invincible era fan all the way. Man its so hard to breathe right now. Get at me people with how the reactions were for pac's death in parelle to mike's[/QUOTE]

I know this is late but I was a huge Pac fan too as well as Michael, but the entire world mourns for Michael,for me and those that lost Pac it was devastating cause I'm a year younger than him and felt weird having him go so young and not having made it to that point where he realized his full impact but so talented non the less.Michael died young but left such a legacy for my children and yours.Since they were in different genres its hard to parellel the two the communities they entertained in were different, say someone 15 yrs my senior or junior could say they both grew up with Mike but Pac would be limited somwhat,not saying he wasnt appealing to the older crowd but the appeal was more limited- either way they were both greats at what they did,RIP to both

well, since they DO IT then may be they understand but don't want you to cry because of your health problems - i hope you feel better
my mom worries about me crying because i recently had a LASIK eye surgery so i cry alone in my room, i don't let anyone see me
but my friends are worse
when we go out they pull out Mike's CD from the car stereo & if i'm bored by the CD already in the stereo & want to change it, they tell me to put anything but Michael on :(
so i only listen to him when i'm driving alone

i feel sorry for :( no what i never told anyone about this but i cry in my sleep everynight past years :yes: :(

i'm sorry to hear that :(

I'm not crying as much as I was the first week, but I still get very very upset about his death. If I hear a certain song or think about where MJ is right now, I start to get sad and cry. I'll be okay for the most part and then there are times when I feel very depressed about his death and start thinking about him and the reality of the situation hits me and I just start to cry. It will never completely stop for me. It really doesn't get easier to be honest, at least not for me, i've just learned to distract myself with other things and deal with it better. At least in front of other people. When i'm alone though it's a different story. I still do cry from time to time and I think I always will.

i was in shock on the day it happened..i couldn't wrap my mind around it. i cried after the public memorial.. after that i've cried several times. i'll always feel a void perhaps...

I didn't cry, I bawled.

i still don't know how to stop crying for a whole day.
maybe one day i'll just stop crying... just for one day.

i found out on TMZ... before it was on the news.
everone kept calling me on my cell when i was busy praying/begging to God.

I still cry =/ The day he died I didnt it was shock and refusal to belive it, I usually cope with death by ignoring being angry then eventually breaking down, well did that happen, it was awful.

But I was moping around that day, really angry, ready to lash out at the person that looked at me wrong, this girl said on facebook "omggg stop being such a baby" and I flipped the f*ck out.

I cried HARD for 3 days straight.
When I heard about it I lashed out bad. I wouldnt believe it. I just wanted it to be the media f*ckin us about. I slammed my door shut harrd. A few glasses were smashed. I was soo angry. All the haters that wanted him to fail making This Is It got what they wanted. I get choked up everyday just thinkin What if we still had Michael in our lives today. It effected every fans life when we found out about him dying. Just changed the course of my life coz I hadnt seen him in person before but had tickets for the concerts. Look how much joy he brought to EVERYONE in the world. He saw the good in absolutely everyone. Im gettin angered by just thinkin how that smile could shine through any sadness. His voice could bring a grin upon anyones face. His dancing would have anybody in awe. The work he did for children was amazing. The amount of passion he put into everything we did. And the media/haters had to contribute in taking it all away from us.

I did when I watched the Staples Center memorial and Jermaine sang "Smile" and again when I watched the "Earth Song" and "Childhood" videos a few weeks after MJ's passing.

I finally reached a point of exceptance and Im comforted in the
fact Michael is in a better place and away from all the hate and
in this world.

But then I hear a song or watch a video or read an articleand the tears start flowing again
I cry becuase of the way the world treated him while he was here and I cry becuase
OMG It suddenly hits mr again he is really gone .. I miss him so much and I cry for my own pain
and for the world who has to live without him .. and for his children. He was Gift and a treasure
God gave to us and he never forgot his purpose or reason for being here " It's all for Love L. O. V. E. "

It is my prayer and wish that "This Is It" seals his legacy in the hearts of the
people who see it forever _and they will know just who it is we lost. The most
Gifted, loving, kind and generous man to have ever graced this planet.

I hope his legacy will teach people to be kinder, less judgmental,
more loving, polite and generous_ mostly for his fans so they
can be good ambassadors to the world for Michaels Art & Message.

Im crying now while typing this _ I love that man so much he was a part of me
I have a hole in my heart , inside that hole is pain _ the rest of my heart has
joy that I was here to see his great talents and feel his love and that the rest of
the world will be able to enjoy his gifts through his great legacy and his children.

I was at home with no tv and no job... I had this really strange urge to call my mother in law and when we got to talkin she asked me if I was watching the news and that Michael was being taken to the hospital and thats when I started to freak out. Then when she told me he was gone for some reason it took a little while to sink in especially since I was teased at school all the time with kids coming up behind my back and saying he was dead.... I guess I really havent found the right time to cry just because I wasnt watching the news when it happened. Usually if im sitting by myself or on MJJC not knowing what to really say I start to cry.

Back