Moist

20YO (12 tracks)
Take Care
Do It 2 Me

Discipline (20 tracks)
Discipline
Feedback

That's only 2 sex songs per album. :mello:

She was dancing like Paula.:) Paula was choreographing her at that time, but she danced a lot like Michael too. And Control came out 86 and Bad in 87, which is not too far apart. And Michael and Janet, just used to have the same ideas at that time, you wanna argue about that? Even she confirmed it once and Michael did too. By "Heal the world" I meant not the song itself, but the whole idea of it, Michael was in to "healing the world" before that song came out, there was man in the mirror.
And he aways sang this type of songs, throught his time, but she did it for one album and than went other direction after RN..

Mike's whole idea about "Heal The World" came from Janet. Mike's music didn't become as socially conscious until Janet put out "Control".

Also, how can you say you don't like Janet's album post Velvet Rope cuz they're oversexed, when the Janet. album is about nothing but sex?:mello:

I love Janet but I also miss her doing songs that have more substance to them. Hopefully she'll go back to that on her next album.

She was dancing like Paula.:) Paula was choreographing her at that time, but she danced a lot like Michael too. And Control came out 86 and Bad in 87, which is not too far apart. And Michael and Janet, just used to have the same ideas at that time, you wanna argue about that? Even she confirmed it once and Michael did too. By "Heal the world" I meant not the song itself, but the whole idea of it, Michael was in to "healing the world" before that song came out, there was man in the mirror.
And he aways sang this type of songs, throught his time, but she did it for one album and than went other direction after RN..

Great way to discredit Janet!

Paula got her break by working with Janet not the other way around!

Janet started the "healing the world" songs way before MJ unless you count "We are the World".

Listen to Livin in a World (They didn't make) is very similar to Heal the World

Mike's whole idea about "Heal The World" came from Janet. Mike's music didn't become as socially conscious until Janet put out "Control".

yes yes
Janet is the reason for Micheal's success
ppl didn't like Mike before Janet came along
please what are you gonna say next Janet wrote "Billie jean"?
Janet is the one that was copying Micheal before she did her own thing
BTW I'm not saying that she is not a good artist

yes yes
Janet is the reason for Micheal's success
ppl didn't like Mike before Janet came along
please what are you gonna say next Janet wrote "Billie jean"?
Janet is the one that was copying Micheal before she did her own thing
BTW I'm not saying that she is not a good artist

LMFAO!

No one's saying that! Give credit where it's due! MJ has said time and time again that he was inspired by Janet! He would lock himself in the dance studio and come up with ideas for new dance moves with HER music! Dangerous and HIStory are Janet influenced as well and I'm NOT talking out of my ass! :lol:

Great way to discredit Janet!

Paula got her break by working with Janet not the other way around!

Janet started the "healing the world" songs way before MJ unless you count "We are the World".

Listen to Livin in a World (They didn't make) is very similar to Heal the World
Technically, Paula got her break dating Jackie. :tease: That's how Janet met her.

LMFAO!

No one's saying that! Give credit where it's due! MJ has said time and time again that he was inspired by Janet! He would lock himself in the dance studio and come up with ideas for new dance moves with HER music! Dangerous and HIStory are Janet influenced as well and I'm NOT talking out of my ass! :lol:

of course Micheal was inspired by Janet he said that a lot and she was inspired by him too
but saying that Janet is the one that came up with heal the world and that she made his music popular is ridiculous
they are both amazing artists on there own
anyway back on topic....

True that!

LAWD!! I'm tired of this topic :rolleyes:
I'm writing a thorough essay in response :D

The truth must be heard!

I can't take some of these ppl seriously at times. They want to comment on Janet, but haven't listened to her material. The sex has always been there. It's just the other songs often overshadowed it. Each album has about 2 sex songs out of the 12-16 songs on the album. Some ppl I swear lol

Damita Jo (22 tracks)
Warmth
Moist

Sexhibition
Strawberry bounce
all nite (don't stop)
Slolove

;)

Mind you, they're not as.. um hardcore.. as warmth and moist but they're still about sex (or sexual undertones). I'm a new fan, and I'm crazy about her earlier albums but her later stuff is harder to enjoy. I've listened to Damita jo maybe for the 5th time and only now I'm starting to warm up to it.

Not just because of the sex, but I think the quality of her music on a whole has decreased and she became a bit 2 dimensional. Even her interludes aren't as brilliant as they used to be, now she just comes to the mic, mumbles a few words and that's it. Not happy Jan :lol:

Must you be so rude?

Always the usual suspects. :smilerolleyes:

.... And about whether Michael or Janet did this or that first... Michael was doing the humanitarian thing long before Janet and I DO count "We Are The World". Michael can be inspired by Janet and still be original and vice versa.

Me being rude, some of you being uninformed...it's a fair trade. ;)

I can't take some of these ppl seriously at times. They want to comment on Janet, but haven't listened to her material. The sex has always been there. It's just the other songs often overshadowed it. Each album has about 2 sex songs out of the 12-16 songs on the album. Some ppl I swear lol

And I bet people are having a hard time taking anything you say seriously since it's more often than not dark and cynical. You're also one of the people I'm talking about.

Please, from the bottom of my heart, open yours and be more kind. You are not superior to anyone else. You do not know more or are any more right than anybody else. You only see things from YOUR point of view.

I am by no means perfect but I accept that and don't pretend to be. Show your fellow man some compassion and understanding. We don't all have to agree with one another and hold hands but it wouldn't hurt to share some healthy respect and common decency.

The superiority complexes going on 'round here has got to go. Enough is enough!:no:

Sexhibition
Strawberry bounce
all nite (don't stop)
Slolove

;)

Mind you, they're not as.. um hardcore.. as warmth and moist but they're still about sex (or sexual undertones). I'm a new fan, and I'm crazy about her earlier albums but her later stuff is harder to enjoy. I've listened to Damita jo maybe for the 5th time and only now I'm starting to warm up to it.

Not just because of the sex, but I think the quality of her music on a whole has decreased and she became a bit 2 dimensional. Even her interludes aren't as brilliant as they used to be, now she just comes to the mic, mumbles a few words and that's it. Not happy Jan :lol:

Those four are not "sex songs" that ppl like to make them out to be, esp AN(DS).

I'm a stan for Janet, yes. However I'm very objective and level headed when it comes to her. What you need to realize is that, yes, I am superior to many of you on the topic of Janet. I've been a fan for 16 years and have been listening to her music for that long. Some of the ppl who like to make comments about her are nothing more than casual fans who haven't really listened to her work. If I want to know something about Janet, I'm not gonna ask someone who only has 3 or 4 of her albums (and probably not even all of the tracks). I'm gonna go with someone who has all her stuff and has been listening to her for quite some time.

EXACTLY!!!!

Janet's a woman that changed/saved many lives with her music!! and she didn't do that with just moaning about sex!!! Only her fans understand the beauty in her and her wonderful music!

Those four are not "sex songs" that ppl like to make them out to be, esp AN(DS).

I said sexual undertones to them also.

And they are about sex, some more so than others... sexhibition is certainly about sex ;)

But like I said, it's not just the sex that puts me off.. I mean hell, I like the song throb! :lol: But her albums just aren't as good as they used to be. It's a shame because TVR is one of my favourite albums. When she's good she's brilliant.

EXACTLY!!!!

Janet's a woman that changed/saved many lives with her music!! and she didn't do that with just moaning about sex!!! Only her fans understand the beauty in her and her wonderful music!

Exactly. Let's not even get on the two girls who dropped out of school, and went back because of Janet's music. And even with her sex songs, ppl have found comfort in who they are and what they like to do sexually. She's even diverse with her sex songs. She's got songs about S&M, PDA, oral gratification, all out screwing (Would You Mind), intimacy, first time, abstinence, and "discipline." As stated, ppl don't listen to her work lol:hysterical:

EXACTLY!!!!

Here's the thing, this is what I'm talking about when referring to superiority complexes, small minded, slanted views....

This can be applied to almost any other artist! We all gravitate towards other artists for different reasons. I've read so many who have been influenced and touched by Madonna's music. I am one of those people. I can't tell you how many times her music has gotten me through a tough time in my life. Please, stop with all the negativity and start representing the man whose forum you're posting at.

Such a shame.

And they are about sex, some more so than others... sexhibition is certainly about sex ;)

But like I said, it's not just the sex that puts me off.. I mean hell, I like the song throb! :lol: But her albums just aren't as good as they used to be. It's a shame because TVR is one of my favourite albums. When she's good she's brilliant.

Okay you're saying this, but it applies to all artists. Invincible isn't as good as Off The Wall/Bad/Dangerous. Confessions isn't as good as Ray of Light, True Blue, or Like A Virgin. That argument holds no merit in my eyes.

Why bother trying? They will just disagree with you by default and not show you the same respect given.

Instead they throw out accusations and write you off. Real nice.

I'm a stan for Janet, yes. However I'm very objective and level headed when it comes to her. What you need to realize is that, yes, I am superior to many of you on the topic of Janet. I've been a fan for 16 years and have been listening to her music for that long. Some of the ppl who like to make comments about her are nothing more than casual fans who haven't really listened to her work. If I want to know something about Janet, I'm not gonna ask someone who only has 3 or 4 of her albums (and probably not even all of the tracks). I'm gonna go with someone who has all her stuff and has been listening to her for quite some time.

Just to reply to this because it applies to me.. you know I'm a new fan and you've even helped me find good Janet sites. But I don't see why our opinion shouldn't count just because we don't have all her albums or we haven't been listening to them for years.

A lot of people have said that they love her RN, Janet, VR and control albums. So it's not like we're criticizing her because we don't like her or we think she's crap.. we just don't like her later albums, and for some it's because there's a lot more sex in them.

I loved velvet rope the first time I listened to it... I've listened to damita jo half a dozen times and only now I'm starting to like it. What does that have to do with being a new fan?

Okay you're saying this, but it applies to all artists. Invincible isn't as good as Off The Wall/Bad/Dangerous. Confessions isn't as good as Ray of Light, True Blue, or Like A Virgin. That argument holds no merit in my eyes.

Well I like Invincible more than OTW and the confessions album is one of my favourite albums ever :lol:

Everyone has different musical tastes, sometimes it even rubs me the wrong way when people criticize Michael's music but there's a way to defend your fav artist without putting people down. :)

Must you be so rude? I wish people around here had a little more respect for one another. I'm not just referring to you. I don't know why it's allowed to go on but it has got to stop. You can speak your mind and get your point across without belittling others.

I hear all the time at this forum from the anti-Madonna brigade how awful Madonna's fans are. Well I can tell you without batting an eye that I have experienced far more hash negativity and nastiness from people than any Madonna forum. It's the truth. It's always confused me coming from MJ fans who should have the biggest hearts of all. However, having said that I do think the good people outweigh the cynics (thankfully!).

I love this place but I do feel it's time for a change. Some attitudes need adjusting.

It's always the usual suspects. :smilerolleyes:

.... And about whether Michael or Janet did this or that first... Michael was doing the humanitarian thing long before Janet and I DO count "We Are The World". Michael can be inspired by Janet and still be original and vice versa.

this.

:angel:

Back