Janet: *yawn* I get it... you like sex

21abdyr.jpg

Not perfect in the literal sense but pretty damn close :rolleyes:

You know what I mean!

Yeah we see this from two ends. lol. There are some things she could work on lol...but let's just say I'm glad she back with Jimmy and Terry.

You know wat? Nevermind... :)

I shouldn't care considering I'm not buying her next album....

Sorry Jan...

I think Tyra's questions brought out a good side of Janet. I still can't get over Tyra asking Janet about farting. :hysterical:

OMG! Janet was so adorable in that interview!

There was actually a discussion on Janet-Xone about whether Janet takes dumps :rofl:

It was so funny when she said - "Let it out girl!"
I heart ghetto Janet!

Yeah we see this from two ends. lol. There are some things she could work on lol...but let's just say I'm glad she back with Jimmy and Terry.

Yup! yup! I'm glad JD is no longer working with her :lol:

OMG! Janet was so adorable in that interview!

There was actually a discussion on Janet-Xone about whether Janet takes dumps :rofl:

It was so funny when she said - "Let it out girl!"
I heart ghetto Janet!

I saw that nonsense. Some of those ppl are like :mello: , :unsure: , or :(

Janet makes me music to how she's feeling at the moment. It wouldn't make sense to do RN1814 over and over again! She already addressed that she's just "having fun". If you want RN1814 or The Velvet Rope then just go listen to those albums and like Janet said "Relax! It's just sex!" :rofl:
It wouldn't make sense to do RN over and over again, but by your logic, it DOES makes sense to redo sex over and over again even though she's already addressed it.. and oh so thoroughly? How does that work?
Sure I CAN go back and listen to RN and TVR but is that really going to help Janet if her fans (and clearly now I see I'm not the only one) are so uninterested in her new stuff that we resort to her older work? You see we're not necessarily just being assholes. Maybe what we're saying is beneficial for her and not necessarily meant to demean her.

She's known for being sexual. It's amazing how Janet gets so much flack for singing about sex when we have artists like R.Kelly (who I adore) that sings about sex like no other! :lol:
You're saying she's known for sex but that hasn't always been the case. At one point she was known more for messages of depth. I know which one I'd prefer to be associated with given a choice and which one stands out of the musical crowd of our generation.

I must concur with Jona.
Excuse those of us who see a difference from 'Let's Wait a while, before we go too far' to the likes of 'My hands wrapped around stroking up and down but nothing can compare to the warmth of my mouth' :s
Thank you so much! SO glad someone agrees with me. :)

For those saying "well, just listen to her old stuff," the issue is that like anyone, we want to hear stuff we like from artists we like, and it's disappointing when they keep putting out stuff that is too explicit for our tastes. I'd like to be able to buy an album and know I'll enjoy it without having to read the lyrics beforehand to know that I can listen to it with my kids in the room.

It wouldn't make sense to do RN over and over again, but by your logic, it DOES makes sense to redo sex over and over again even though she's already addressed it.. and oh so thoroughly? How does that work?
Sure I CAN go back and listen to RN and TVR but is that really going to help Janet if her fans (and clearly now I see I'm not the only one) are so uninterested in her new stuff that we resort to her older work? You see we're not necessarily just being assholes. Maybe what we're saying is beneficial for her and not necessarily meant to demean her.

You're saying she's known for sex but that hasn't always been the case. At one point she was known more for messages of depth. I know which one I'd prefer to be associated with given a choice and which one stands out of the musical crowd of our generation.

I don't like Janet's latest work either so it's not like I'm disagreeing with you. All I'm saying is that Janet spoke on socially conscious and controversial topics before so I'm not sure if she would do it again. She might considering where she's at her life right now with the death of her brother and the end of a 7 yr. relationship. Janet tends to make amazing music when she's going through rough times. But considering her recent single "Make me" it seems like she might be going the All for You route (One of my all time fav. albums. but I hope I'm wrong). That could just be a song to celebrate her #1's album that's due to be out in mid November. I DO want, just like you, an album with Janet making songs like "Special" and "Can't Be Stopped". I believe this generation needs that Janet. The REAL Janet.

Golly, this thread is still going on? How come the silly and/or negative threads go on forever, and the topics that are of some substance or positive are generally ignored, lol.

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you.

Janet feels very strong about sexual freedom, this is why she continuously writes about this in her songs.

She wants to express that sex can be the ultimate source of love and happiness, and that she may not have had this type of freedom in her younger years.

Michael writes alot about children, because he loves their innocence and nature. Their childhood is something he never had as a child.

The same goes to Janet, I heard that she eloped from restrictions in her younger years to have freedom, a sexual freedom.

Janet is basically saying 'Sex is good', 'Sex is love', 'Sex is fun'.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

Seriously, what are you talking about? I want to be respectful to you but you make it so damn hard.

Um.. The last time I checked it is you and one other person against the rest of us who participated in this topic. You're the ones up in arms over virtually nothing.

How is that supportive at all of what you just said? It's not. It doesn't make any sense at all.

I AM A JANET FAN. You keep forgetting this. You act as though I and the rest said terrible things about her and we didn't. Not even close. I never have. No one did. You didn't like what we had to say and when you saw me you had to bring Madonna up and start that old song and dance again.

Everyone can see what's really going on here. Don't be silly.

Forget it Jona, they don't want to hear any criticism. Apparently when we say that we don't like an album, it means we're dissing every contribution she has made to music.

The fans themselves have admitted that her latest albums aren't as good as they used to be, and I'll quote one person...

I don't like Janet's latest work either so it's not like I'm disagreeing with you.

But apparently it's ok for some to say that and not others..

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you.

Janet feels very strong about sexual freedom, this is why she continuously writes about this in her songs.

She wants to express that sex can be the ultimate source of love and happiness, and that she may not have had this type of freedom in her younger years.

Well if that's true and it's NOT about her jumping on the sex kitten band wagon as I believe, I can't say i'll be taking notice of her work to come.

Michael writes alot about children, because he loves their innocence and nature. Their childhood is something he never had as a child.
Yes and how many other artists are doing that? Not so many. This is why I love Michael so :D

The same goes to Janet, I heard that she eloped from restrictions in her younger years to have freedom, a sexual freedom.

No there isn't, but considering that's practically what every other artist out is saying, unlike MJ, as far as I'm concerned there's nothing particularly special or unique about Janet Jackson's music anymore and that's a damned shame.

This thread was cleaned from OFF TOPIC and now open.

This will be the first and last warning here;if I see more off topic about madonna or for fight between members;this thread will be permanently closed and additional action will be taken .

You can use the ignore option when you dont want to read someone posts.

thank you for respecting that.

Last edited:
For those saying "well, just listen to her old stuff," the issue is that like anyone, we want to hear stuff we like from artists we like, and it's disappointing when they keep putting out stuff that is too explicit for our tastes. I'd like to be able to buy an album and know I'll enjoy it without having to read the lyrics beforehand to know that I can listen to it with my kids in the room.

if you respect Janet as an artist and a person please let her make music what she feels is right for her and explore the topic as much as she needs to.
there are thousands other artists who's music and lyrical content is surely more compatible with your taste. and i thought it was obvious that Janet's music is not for children (since 1993).

thank you for this.

here's what Janet has to say about the topic:

"Freedom means choices. I chose to explore the sensual side of my personality because that's an essential part of who I am. If the songs are too explicit for some, all I can say is that I'm being honest about my own sexuality."

http://home.comcast.net/~jsjourney/in/essence2001.html

fans stating it's a fake part of Janet's personality and jumping on the bandwagon just because it's not to their liking, don't respect her for who she is and her choices as an artist. it's ridiculus that fans can dictate what kind of message the artist should express and what not.

Sexhibition
Strawberry bounce
all nite (don't stop)
Slolove

;)

Mind you, they're not as.. um hardcore.. as warmth and moist but they're still about sex (or sexual undertones). I'm a new fan, and I'm crazy about her earlier albums but her later stuff is harder to enjoy.

Also Popsup and Just a little while.

Janet has always been a horny little girl. There's a song called "Pretty Boy" on one of the best albums eva - Dream Street. She's moaning throughout the whole song and singing about a pretty boy (James Debarge). It's very Prince-esque. "Funny How Time Flies" from the Control album is another one. "Someday is Tonight" off Rhythm Nation 1814 too. Janet's most successful album is Janet opening up to sex. But she does it a patient and gentle way. People only started taking notice when All for You dropped. But the sexual songs have been around since her Sophomore album!

The way she had this songs before AFY album, was a different thing. I loved the Janet era, it was actually my favourite era, and that's the whole point that I loved those sex songs there! But her image was different back than, not over sexualized as in later years. Yes, this album was all about sex, and as you said a patient and gentle way, that is the whole point. She didn't do this sex photoshoots, back than, and generaly she stayed, pretty innocent, her look in her videos, her face were innocent in the same time!
She didn't use to talk about sex in her interviews those days, the way she started doing it with AFY and on. She was much more modest. I guess, had more class to her!
I mean my God! In the recent years interviews that she gave, she just let it all out! She spoke about what kind of vibrator she likes to use, that she likes big packages, and can't do nothing about it! She shared like the most private stuff, that she never did before! I can't understand that?!
It is not all just in her songs, this is also the way she acts out, what she says in interviews, her image.
It's stuff, that are not accepted to say out, it is all kept in private. I think, that she' been doing these for too much time now. It's not like she only portrayed the sexuality in the artistic way, with songs and performances only, she went further than that. Talking about it, when she is not asked, and just openly sharing very private things!
This are stuff, she would never done back in Janet years, there was nothing like that at the time. i remember, something from a Janet era interview, where she asked about Madonna, she said I don't need to take of my clothes to be popular" something I along this lines.

In the same time, I do like her, she is very beautiful and nice. What I couldn't understand, that after all this revealing mag interviews she went to the Tyra show, and Tyra openly asked her about sex with Jermaine, and she acted all embarassed, and said "but enough of that Tyra", as if she doesn't like to talk about sexual stuff, and never talkes about this. I felt like she was being two faced there. in this same days there was one of her revealing interviews published, where she openly spoke about her favourite vib, and in the same time, when she was on tv, she was all against talking about anything like that. I kinda noticed that all this interviews she done of that type, she pretty much did only with magazines, where she is not shot on video. I guess it is because she knows that in the mag no one is looking at her, and that's why she is not embarassed to go into all this details.

Last edited:
I used to love Janet...almost as much as Michael. I loved all her albums up to the Velvet Rope which was brilliant! But every album since has disappointed me to the point I couldn't care less if she were to have a new single or album coming. I mean I know she's always had some kind of raunchiness to her albums but I think she just went waaaaay overboard after TVR! Can the woman sing about anything OTHER than getting off and the noises she makes whilst doing it? There's usually only ever a couple of songs on her latter albums that doesn't involve her singing about being ploughed. What happened to miss rhythm nation? Am I the only one whose bored with the sex kitten theme?

but, what about the guys? like r.kelly, ll cool j. how come they can sing/rap about sex day and night. men can have women making sexual sounds in the backdrop in their music. but janet can not?
instead, we have to say something must be wrong with janet, she must be sick or something, even to a point of reading folks comments trying to label a disease on her, lmao, because omg a woman likes sex. ahhhhhhhhh
people even say things to the point where if (not janet, but if a female singer has kids, she better not talk about sex in her songs no more... yet men who happen to be fathers can. wheres R. kelly's sex topic?
obviously, janet still has her fans , janet and sex is part of who she is, telling janet theres more out there to sing about, well, she been singing on this stuff a while now AND other stuff. even on earlier albums.
wheres the topics of female singers who only sing about love or cheating bfs, how many times do we need to hear that either?
another thing that annoys me is a woman has to be a in her 20s to sing of sexual things or look sexy, yet a woman janets age better stop???? yet men again ,can do whatever at any age.
same as michaels albums would not have the off the wall,thriller sound, feel again- with bad, dangerous, invincible. why should janets albums go backwards either?
The Janet. album is my favorite, and yea some of it is sexual but never bothered me. kids dont need to listen to it.
noone says a thing when men talk/sing/rap about sex, but janet cant. :faints:

but, what about the guys? like r.kelly, ll cool j. how come they can sing/rap about sex day and night. men can have women making sexual sounds in the backdrop in their music. but janet can not?
instead, we have to say something must be wrong with janet, she must be sick or something, even to a point of reading folks comments trying to label a disease on her, lmao, because omg a woman likes sex. ahhhhhhhhh
people even say things to the point where if (not janet, but if a female singer has kids, she better not talk about sex in her songs no more... yet men who happen to be fathers can. wheres R. kelly's sex topic?
obviously, janet still has her fans , janet and sex is part of who she is, telling janet theres more out there to sing about, well, she been singing on this stuff a while now AND other stuff. even on earlier albums.
wheres the topics of female singers who only sing about love or cheating bfs, how many times do we need to hear that either?
another thing that annoys me is a woman has to be a in her 20s to sing of sexual things or look sexy, yet a woman janets age better stop???? yet men again ,can do whatever at any age.
same as michaels albums would not have the off the wall,thriller sound, feel again- with bad, dangerous, invincible. why should janets albums go backwards either?
The Janet. album is my favorite, and yea some of it is sexual but never bothered me. kids dont need to listen to it.
noone says a thing when men talk/sing/rap about sex, but janet cant. :faints:

What about the guys who sing about sex? The topic was about Janet and had nothing to do from my perspective with the fact she she happens to have a vulva so I dunno why you're quoting me? I wouldn't care to listen to anyone -- penis affixed or not, if the main thing they had to tell me about was who they nailed, who they are thinking of nailing, how they nail, what it's like to be nailed in such a graphic manner etc. Thanks, but I'd rather actually go get nailed myself than listen to certain artists sing, rap and moan about it.

As for Janet having always sung about sex, I don't think anyone denied that, yet it keeps being brought up for some reason? For the most part people just said they feel her lyrical content is getting a bit too hardcore for a lot of our tastes and it's putting us off.. not all, but definitely a fair few of her fans by the sounds of things. If she wants to express through songs what it's like to make a guy ejaculate or how it feels to give him a blowjob simply because, as claimed, she missed out on having sexual freedom until her 20s because of strict parenting.. go for it! But she's definitely losing a portion of her former fan base over it and without us she wouldn't have gotten this far so i think that's why some fans feel disappointed.

Chihiro2 said to respect her and her artistic wants ect. Respecting her choice is one thing... wanting to listen to or buy it is another.

Last edited:
I love you Janet. But it's time to give your body a rest now. Her last album was great, but not something that everyone could listen to. It's time to go back to the old Janet from 20 years ago. Bring that innocent side back again. That's what is missing. Janet has to find herself again. Give the relationships a rest. Start to gear your mind towards motherhood. I would love to see her with kids. I know how much Michael's kids adore her. She would be great with them. :)

Who are we to judge Janet and say that she needs to find herself again? She may feel really comfortable with who she is atm and really happy with herself! If she is expressing herself honestly through her music, I don't think we can ask for more...
She can't go back and make the same music she made ten years ago (or whenever) She has to make what she feels now and if it's sexual - it's SEXUAL. I'm not saying we have to enjoy it and of course I'm not telling anyone that they should or that how they feel isn't valid because of course it is...I don't have a problem with anyone saying they don't like the music Janet is making now etc but I don't think it's fair to say she needs to "find herself again" and "bring that innocent side back again" if that's not who she is...

Who are we to judge Janet and say that she needs to find herself again? She may feel really comfortable with who she is atm and really happy with herself! If she is expressing herself honestly through her music, I don't think we can ask for more...
She can't go back and make the same music she made ten years ago (or whenever) She has to make what she feels now and if it's sexual - it's SEXUAL. I'm not saying we have to enjoy it and of course I'm not telling anyone that they should or that how they feel isn't valid because of course it is...I don't have a problem with anyone saying they don't like the music Janet is making now etc but I don't think it's fair to say she needs to "find herself again" and "bring that innocent side back again" if that's not who she is...

Totally agree! If Janet feels sexual then she should express that in her music the way she feels is best for her creatively - whether it be subtle or more explicit. We can't tell her to find herself if she isn't lost... and no but her can judge whether she is :)

In any case, you can just listen to the songs that make you happy/comfortable and ignore the ones that cross over the line for you. :)

agreed.
it's getting, old, boring and..(a bit gross) to hear her "come" in every album now.
you know, if my family is having a roadtrip or well just going somewhere and I'm bringing cds I always have to think about which album of her's to bring that doesn't include sex songs! it's just too emberessing listening to her go on like that and especially with mum in the car. I just don't wanna hear it. anytime.
so it's always rhythm nation or velvet rope.. VR is my fave album and she doesn't express things AS CLEAR as she does from her later albums. "IF" is just a cool song! I love "my need" too..a tiny bit more innocent then her later stuff. (making sounds and all that) just listen to "would you mind" in all for you album.geeze, now that's too much.

she has always been my fav. female singer since I was 7 and I'll continue to support her I just HOOOPE she is done with that sex stuff in her songs now! it's BORING!!
come on-

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis's stuff haven't been good either, but I think Janet got worse and worse after TVR, Her first is very good, Dream Street is also good. Control is awesome.

I think it's cool and fun that Janet is expressing her sexuality, but unfortunately that seems to be all she's doing recetly, whereas in the past she was a really powerful influence for women all over the world, discussing subjects such as education, spousal abuse, women's rights in general... For example, The Knowledge from RN inspired two young dropouts to go back and finish school, they even dedicated their diplomas to Janet. She's always been open about her sexuality and expressed that in her songs as well, but the past few albums have lacked substance other than.. just sex. (Let it be noted here that one of my fave JJ albums is 20Y.O.) Maybe she was simply at that point in life, she'd already discussed important feminist issues and made a difference, so she dedicated a few albums to simple enjoyment and discovering your sexuality, reflecting of her relatsionship with JD etc. Possibly she's entering a new stage now and has something new and more meaningful to offer her listeners, having dealt with issues of self-esteem, breakup, loss... and discovering her own strength. I would say if her next album is no different from the last few then she's in denial or just clinging on to her reputation or something, with what she's been through recently you'd think that'd be reflected in her music which has always been very personal. Remains to be seen, eh?

Sure we need to wait and see what she does next. May be she'll take a different direction, after the passing of her brother...

To me it seems, like back in Control and RN, her interests were more Michaelish, you know, like peace, children, and animals. she used to carry this key in her ear, from animal cages as she said, but it has been a pretty long while since she addressed, anything like that to the public. She just doesn't talk about this stuff anymore. And i know the feminine side is also good. but it seems comparing to MJ, that never left these interests aside, that this is like an old school for her or someth.

Back