looks(listens) like kanye's autotune failed him

T-Pain is actually ok without the autotune (such as in Shawty Get Loose). I might actually listen to him if he didn't use it.

Though, even lyrically and instrumentally, most of his stuff sucks >_>

T-Pain actually has a decent voice without auto-tune. Nothing that would win him any awards, but the kind that sounds pleasant if he performed hymns at church or something like that. He can sing, without the quotes.

so, i know it's all subjective, but it sounds like ur saying he has good intonation, since ur saying he wouldn't win any awards. sounds to me like if u have a good ear and can hit the notes, u can use autotune..

i heard shawty get loose..it looked like an atv production. lol...MJ tribute video and all..couldn't hear much tpain, except for rap.

let's get to the nitty gritty. does tpain's naked voice sound better than britney spears' naked voice?

and whatever ur answers are to this...i've heard enough of kanye to know that u only need to have intonation to use autotune..not necessarily be a Singer.

Last edited:
Kanye cant sing (he needs to leave any for the shower). Dude needs to go back to rapping and stay there. Did anyone watch his rehearsal for snl ok its practice but he went on to apologise and say the actual performance would be good..............have you seen the actual performance........................................(speechless)

If Kanye can make it with that crap, someone get me a stage and a mic cause next to him I sound like Whitney

Last edited:
so, i know it's all subjective, but it sounds like ur saying he has good intonation, since ur saying he wouldn't win any awards. sounds to me like if u have a good ear and can hit the notes, u can use autotune..

i heard shawty get loose..it looked like an atv production. lol...MJ tribute video and all..couldn't hear much tpain, except for rap.

let's get to the nitty gritty. does tpain's naked voice sound better than britney spears' naked voice?

and whatever ur answers are to this...i've heard enough of kanye to know that u only need to have intonation to use autotune..not necessarily be a Singer.

I'm not sure where you're going here, but I have heard T-Pain a few occasions without auto-tune and he can sing. I can't compare Britney's voice to T-Pain's because they're different in every sense of the word, and I haven't really heard Britney sing live before.

Britney can't sing live, T-Drone does sound good at parts. Compared to Britney and Kanye, he's ok. I mean besides his performance of Keith Sweat's "I Want Her" and all... LOL!

Britney can't sing live, T-Drone does sound good at parts. Compared to Britney and Kanye, he's ok. I mean besides his performance of Keith Sweat's "I Want Her" and all... LOL!

beside's his performance of I want her?..lol..i wish i had access to that.

cus everybody's saying these performers are hit and miss..lol..

u know of any youtube performances with T Pain, that u like(without autotune)? i'd like to hear one of em..cus i keep hearing some say that TPain can sing, and others say he can't. lol..in fact, u remember me practically praising TPain for the talent that i thought he had, and u and everybody else was verbally kicking my ass for it. lol now..all of a sudden, cus i'm questioning his singing ability, yall comin out of the woodwork sayin he can sing?? :lol:

Well shoot, I better get to sending my demo tapes to the record company's. If this is my competition, then I've got this sh** on lock down, lol.

well...here you go. humility has it's good reward. i didn't hear tpain try to dispute all the claims against him too much. in that way, his mannerisms were almost like that of MIchael. and now i got this youtube of tpain singing bartender and buy you a drank...and, quite frankly, he sounds quite good.

i guess, proving yourself and not giving the naysayers any play has its benefits. perhaps in his visit with MJ, tpain took a page from 'the michael jackson way to answer his critics 101'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7HqIKM4VZg&NR=1

Man, his voice is completely average, lol. He can sing compared to who, exactly? Someone with zero vocal ability? I can outsing this guy. And I'm nothing vocally. I mean, when talking about getting paid to hear you sing, your voice should be exceptional. There has to be some standard. There's so many jokers running around who can sing just like this, lol.

Last edited:
Man, his voice is completely average, lol. He can sing compared to who, exactly? Someone with zero vocal ability? I can outsing this guy. And I'm nothing vocally. I mean, when talking about getting paid to hear you sing, your voice should be exceptional. There has to be some standard. There's so many jokers running around who can sing just like this, lol.

see? lol....don't let me start pickin ur verbiage apart now, lol...make up ur mind..either he can sing or he can't. :lol: :D haha

anyway, i heard a member of 'guy' come in after tpain, and that guy really sounded like a great singer. the reality is, that all of em know how to entertain, and rile up an audience in a positive way, like in that youtube video..so...they're doin their job..

man i don't know how this thread went from kanye to this...lol...i suppose it's another autotune thread. lol

now i'm havin fun with ya wbss....don't get mad at me..lol :lol:

I'm not mad, haha. When I say someone can sing then I mean they can sing. Having vibrato and being able to carry a tune doesn't count or make you have a good voice. I still say T-Pain can't sing when compared to a real professional vocalist, because he can't. He can sing compared to someone with zero vocal ability, that's about it.

I'm not mad, haha. When I say someone can sing then I mean they can sing. Having vibrato and being able to carry a tune doesn't count or make you have a good voice. I still say T-Pain can't sing when compared to a real professional vocalist, because he can't. He can sing compared to someone with zero vocal ability, that's about it.

one thing this all concludes is that tpain and kanye need autotune, and someone like r kelly does not. but either one can use it and make it work for them. and it all does prove that i was right about one thing. and i guess u agree with me on this..you don't have to be able to SING to use autotune..just need to have intonation and not be tone deaf. lol

as for my own personal opinion..i like tpain's voice without autotune, but i can understand why he uses it, and needs it. kanye needs it, and i'm not sure about his voice, from what i heard so far. but as for both artists, their combined talents(that includes kanye's way with his overconfidence..lol) are worthy of a career in music. case and point. they have a career in music. :lol:

and MJ likes em, so, i think i'm in pretty good company as far as my opinion of tpain and kanye...lol

Last edited:
Yeah, lol. I just have a high standard when it comes to singers. I won't say just anyone has a good voice just because they can carry a tune or have some vibrato. Honsetly, I don't think they could even make it passed the first round of American Idol, and they don't exactly have high standards for that show.

^^ To be honest, T-Pain would've made it to Hollywood but he would've been one of the first ones axed, lol. As for Kanye, he would've been thrown out because he wouldn't go to Hollywood and then he'd pitch a b***h about it. :lol:

Last edited:
lol, yeah, he'd be like "Watchu MEAN I can't sing?! I'm the greatest thing since Michael Jackson. Hell, I'm BETTER then Michael Jackson. God damn this shit, the hell. Ya'll are fools any how!"

Honestly though, I've seen them reject better singers then T-Pain in the audtion round on AI anyway, lol.

^^ Yeah that IS true about the rejected singers, lol. He probably wouldn't even be allowed to audition just because of his wardrobe! :lol:

lol..well...it doesn't feel like the american idol winners have much high impact, these days. so i wonder if it's all worth it to be on american idol...

Yeah Timmy, lol. The hat and glasses alone would cause them to reject, haha. I don't even know what he looks like cause he wears sunglasses ALL the time.

And the AI singers don't have any impact, but niether does T-Pain, nothing long term, that is. But like Timmy said, it's not really about impact but about vocal talent we're talking, lol.

Yeah Timmy, lol. The hat and glasses alone would cause them to reject, haha. I don't even know what he looks like cause he wears sunglasses ALL the time.

And the AI singers don't have any impact, but niether does T-Pain, nothing long term, that is. But like Timmy said, it's not really about impact but about vocal talent we're talking, lol.

well..impact is cool to me...cus i don't care what anyone says...nobody likes a bad economy. lol. i don't think tpain is bellyaching on the path he took, and the girls who go off in the audience when he performs :lol:

Don't you love it when someone goes off-topic? :lol:

Back