Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' playable at Gamescon

I don't see how Xbox is the flagship?

I don't see it either, believe me, motion controllers are better when you have some guide (PS3 Move or Wiimotes) in your hands...

Last edited by a moderator:

They should add 'dancing machine', 'shake your body down to the ground' and 'life of the party' too.

You know what this means? ...Who is it and Earth Song official INSTRUMENTALS!

:D

I don't see it either, believe me, motion controls are better when you have some guide (PS3 Move or Wiimotes) in your hands...

The Xbox is the flagship version because of the new Kinect motion camera. Dancing around with a wiimote or PSmove is not as accurate as dancing with a motion capture camera. I only have a Wii, but this is the only type of game that I can see Kinect dominating in. I never understood how Just Dance became such a phenomenon. If I had an Xbox 360 I would buy that version…

But I thought PS Eye was the same as the Xbox Kinect? So on the PS3 version, there will be no camera? Only a stick? NO WAY!

But I thought PS Eye was the same as the Xbox Kinect? So on the PS3 version, there will be no camera? Only a stick? NO WAY!

The PS Eye will be used but it works different than Kinect. The camera will most likely track the colored ball on the Move controller and not our body. I may be wrong, but I would assume that the Xbox game will be the best, followed by the PS3, then the Wiimote closely following.

I am still debating whether the overall experience will be worth it for someone that can already dance like Michael Jackson and has all of his music. I'm waiting for reviews…

The PS Eye will be used but it works different than Kinect. The camera will most likely track the colored ball on the Move controller and not our body. I may be wrong, but I would assume that the Xbox game will be the best, followed by the PS3, then the Wiimote closely following.

I am still debating whether the overall experience will be worth it for someone that can already dance like Michael Jackson and has all of his music. I'm waiting for reviews…

it does track the coloured balls yes

Here is a quick demo of a game called Sorcery to give an idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llAI7lNd6OQ

(confirmed today)
Earth Song
The Girl Is Mine
Who Is It

(will also make the game)
-You Are Not Alone

Can somebody tell me how is anyone to dance to those songs? :mello:
are you suppossed to hold on to the console while singing "WHAT ABOUT US?????" ... or lay on a sofa in WII?? :scratch:

LOL!!! :hysterical:

how I wish I could play these things :(

Who Is It is going to have some interesting choreography.

From the screenshots that I've seen and the bits of information I have read thorugh it seems that we'll be required to perform some of his signature moves, but that we won't be doing the songs step for step as most hardcore fans have studied and mastered.

I sure will buy this one.

the game itself honestly does not interest me.. But I'm glad this game is coming out to introduce his music to some younger audience that may not be too familur with his music.. For me, Ive never been into that type of game.. Now if they released Moonwalker, or an actual interactive game like that then I'll be in line all ready..

I feel the exact same way, never was a fan of DDR-like games, but I will purchase this for little cousins and the like.

I have both systems.

Now the great debate!

To tell the truth, if you have a PS3 or a Wii, go for one of those (If you chose the Wii version you'll have the best "real motion" controller, if you chose the PS3 you'll have better graphics and maybe more content)

You know what this means? ...Who is it and Earth Song official INSTRUMENTALS!

:D

We all think of that since day 1, hehehehehe

The Xbox is the flagship version because of the new Kinect motion camera. Dancing around with a wiimote or PSmove is not as accurate as dancing with a motion capture camera. I only have a Wii, but this is the only type of game that I can see Kinect dominating in. I never understood how Just Dance became such a phenomenon. If I had an Xbox 360 I would buy that version…

Believe you me man, i've been a videogame fan before i become a Michael Jackson fan (more than 12 years) and i read a lot of this stuff everyday, motion controllers are better with balls with color and gadgets called Wii MOTION PLUS!, that emulate REAL movement in a scale of 1:1 and to sum up, Kinect has LAG (Wikipedia: In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs. It is also often used in online video games to mean the game not being able to properly maintain the game's speed)...

Now the GREAT part, to tell you the truth i always like the dance games (DDR, Pump it up, etc...) and seeing this footage i'll spect something GOOD, just hope Ubisoft don't rush the release date just for the holidays, because my experience tells me "shitty game ahead")

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/video/6273968/

Last edited by a moderator:

I have grown to despise video games, but that game actually looks like it would be cool to play! :)

To tell the truth, if you have a PS3 or a Wii, go for one of those (If you chose the Wii version you'll have the best "real motion" controller, if you chose the PS3 you'll have better graphics and maybe more content)

Believe you me man, i've been a videogame fan before i become a Michael Jackson fan (more than 12 years) and i read a lot of this stuff everyday, motion controllers are better with balls with color and gadgets called Wii MOTION PLUS!, that emulate REAL movement in a scale of 1:1 and to sum up, Kinect has LAG (Wikipedia: In real-time applications, the term is used when the application fails to respond in a timely fashion to inputs. It is also often used in online video games to mean the game not being able to properly maintain the game's speed)...

Now the GREAT part, to tell you the truth i always like the dance games (DDR, Pump it up, etc...) and seeing this footage i'll spect something GOOD, just hope Ubisoft don't rush the release date just for the holidays, because my experience tells me "shitty game ahead")

Well I have been playing video games my whole life as well (28 years), and although I prefer having a controller in my hand with buttons, I think flinging your hands around to mimic dancing is stupid. The majority of dance is done with the feet, like DDR. The wii has better controls when it is being used to track your hand movements (ie a sword, a gun, or other movements found in WiiSport Resort, etc. However to track your body you need a camera, which the Wii doesn't have. Unless your buy the fitness Shape game with Jenny McCarthy.

I don't know how much lag Kinect has because I don't have a 360 so I don't follow too much of its news; I mainly stick to reading up and playing on the Nintendo side of things. I am just giving my honest opinion. I hate Microsoft, but I think they have the upper hand for this type of game…

Who cares about graphics in a game like this?
In terms of fun play I don't think there is a huge difference between the PS3, 360 and Wii version, although kinect tracks your whole body. But if the prejudices are correct, kinect allows only 2 active players, which is really bad.

If you have a Wii, buy the Wii version. If you have a PS3, buy the PS3 version and if you have a 360 buy the 360 version.
I think it's stupid to spend hundreds of $ for another game console just for this game.

I hope we get to do the live versions of the song.
I want to be able to do the intros to Beat It and Workin' Day And Night.
I wonder if we can do full concerts.

So it means that I have to dance with a stick or two in my hands if I get it on PS3?

Man, I really don't want to buy an Xbox for this.

New screenshots for Michael Jackson: The Experience plus a Q&A

Michael Jackson: The Experience
Photo: Ubisoft

Fresh from GamesCom in Germany comes new screenshots and information on the upcoming Kinect enabled game for the Xbox 360, Michael Jackson: The Experience. Along with the new screenshots we also have a Q&A with the Michael Jackson Estate about the game.
Michael Jackson: The Experience utilizes Kinect's ability to track the body's movements while you sign along using the microphone. If you're worried that your voice won't be able to match the King of Pop's, no worries. The game features technology that includes real-time professional audio enhancers, so your voice will be given the golden treatment to make you sound better than ever.
The combination of singing and dancing will enable players to trigger effects, visuals and even the music itself as they move around the digital environment.
Michael Jackson: The Experience launches on November 18, 2010. Check out the screenshots in the upper right and the Q&A with the Michael Jackson Estate below and let us know your thoughts of this Michael Jackson title.
Why did you choose to work with Ubisoft on this project? What was it about the game/technology that was appealing?
Michael was about pushing technological limits to give his fans the most memorable experiences imaginable. Michael Jackson – The Game is an innovative and creative way to bring families and friends together to enjoy his artistry in a way that hasn’t been done before.
How are you involved in the development of the game? Did you meet the development team?
The Estate is working closely with the development team to make sure Michael Jackson – The Game reflects Michael’s unique creative spirit and is of the highest quality that Michael and his fans demand.
What do you believe the game will bring to MJ's loyal fans? Why should they care?
Michael was about finding ways to use new technologies so that his fans could enjoy his artistry and he valued family entertainment. This game brings those things together. His fans will be able to literally step inside Michael’s shoes and reenact his iconic dance moves to the music they love, enjoying it with their friends and families.
How do you see this game continuing MJ's legacy?
It underscores that Michael’s artistry is timeless, appeals across generations and is always on the cutting edge.
What excites you most about this game?
The opportunity to showcase the uniqueness and timelessness of Michael’s artistry in a way that has not been done before and doing so in a way that truly exemplifies the value of family entertainment, something that was very important to Michael.
This game will be the first videogame to give to players the opportunity to actually perform MJ's most famous tracks and dance choreography. Why did you wait for this year to launch such a game? Why not before?
It has to be the right time, both in terms of technology and opportunity. Michael was a perfectionist, and he would have wanted to make sure that if a game like this was released that every dance move was perfected.
How do you see this game fitting in with all of the other MJ-related activities this year?
The Estate is selective about the things it authorizes. They have to be of the highest quality, and have to be in the spirit of what Michael loved and wanted for his fans. That’s what Michael Jackson – The Game is.

var dart_ord = dart_ord || Math.floor(Math.random()*1000000000); document.write('');
;tt=video%20game%20news;plc=atlanta;chn=games;subc=consoles;sect=consoles;top=games;top=consoles;ed=atlanta-ga;uid=1035476;pgtp=article;tile=2;pos=2;sz=300x250;kw=;adtest=adtest;ord=759268053
here is link:http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...for-michael-jackson-the-experience-plus-a-q-a

I cannot wait to get this game! That footage has given me a lot of hope, because I wanted SEGA to make the game rather than Ubisoft. While I do appreciate that Kinect uses interesting technology, I'd much rather have the Wii one. While it may not have as good body tracking as Kinect should have, I'm not really prepared to buy a £100+ peripheral for one game when there'll be a long time before I few games I'd probably want get made. I'm just glad that the setlist for the game will be (hopefully) very extensive!

Re: New screenshots for Michael Jackson: The Experience plus a Q&A

There is another thread about that :yes:

Looks like Wii will focus on 1 hand, PS3 Move will focus on both hands and kinect will use both.

I'll be getting PS3 version

I'm getting Xbox 360 with Kinetic.. :/ It's better with a camera that gets the body, instead of two sticks in your hands and a bad camera that costs 8989$..

Who cares about graphics in a game like this?
In terms of fun play I don't think there is a huge difference between the PS3, 360 and Wii version, although kinect tracks your whole body. But if the prejudices are correct, kinect allows only 2 active players, which is really bad.

If you have a Wii, buy the Wii version. If you have a PS3, buy the PS3 version and if you have a 360 buy the 360 version.
I think it's stupid to spend hundreds of $ for another game console just for this game.

The Ubisoft press release stated 4 players on the Kinect version, but it didn't specify whether it was simulataneous players or not. My guess is not.
I wouldn't expect any version of this game will allow more than 2 players to play at once anyway, whatever the version. Imagine 4 players in one room trying to dance to MJ music, it would be manic!

So it means that I have to dance with a stick or two in my hands if I get it on PS3?

Yes, you will need to hold two controllers - one in each hand - on the Wii and PS3 versions so that they can know where your hands are and guess you're doing the right moves.

Michael Jackson: The Experience - Gameplay (gamescom 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8_H6ocZby8

dunno wut to say.

Damn, it's been removed.

The Wii doesn't include the karaoke aspect of the game.
It includes the lyrics on screen, so the users can sing if they want, but it won't score the vocals like the other versions.

Last edited:

Damn, it's been removed.

The Wii doesn't include the karaoke aspect of the game.
It includes the lyrics on screen, so the users can sing if they want, but it won't score the vocals like the other versions.

ah well...I'd rather do the dancing anyways! :woohoo:

the video was awesome

CAN'T WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!

Back