Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' playable at Gamescon

^^ :woohoo: :woohoo:

OMG, BJ looks like sooo much fun! I can't wait for this!

Yes that works, THANKS!

Too bad they used a dance-alike, but still looks pretty good. I wonder if those dancers had Wiimotes strapped to their legs or if they could have just stood there waving their arms without doing the feet movements, which after all tend to be the most difficult IMO...

Great to finally see some gameplay footage.

^^ No problem! I keep watching it! So exciting! :D

I prefer having a controller in my hand with buttons, I think flinging your hands around to mimic dancing is stupid. The majority of dance is done with the feet, like DDR. The wii has better controls when it is being used to track your hand movements (ie a sword, a gun, or other movements found in WiiSport Resort, etc. However to track your body you need a camera, which the Wii doesn't have. Unless your buy the fitness Shape game with Jenny McCarthy.

I don't know how much lag Kinect has because I don't have a 360 so I don't follow too much of its news; I mainly stick to reading up and playing on the Nintendo side of things. I am just giving my honest opinion. I hate Microsoft, but I think they have the upper hand for this type of game…

I do prefer a traditional controller, but this is a different game, imagine play guitar hero with a traditional controller...soooo boring.

Maybe you're right about dancing only with your hands in a MJ game, it looks stupid but if you see the video that i post, it has been said that the moonwalker will be a movement and they have to include it in all the versions of the game, and in the video (Wii version), the silouette of MJ are just moving his hands and the rest of his body it's moving predetermined, we have to wait to see what they doing with Kinect, and the lag, and...

So it means that I have to dance with a stick or two in my hands if I get it on PS3?

Man, I really don't want to buy an Xbox for this.

...for those who has the tought of buying a Xbox for this, i recommend to don´t do it, don't waste your money in the console just for one game... :S

Who cares about graphics in a game like this?
In terms of fun play I don't think there is a huge difference between the PS3, 360 and Wii version, although kinect tracks your whole body. But if the prejudices are correct, kinect allows only 2 active players, which is really bad.

If you have a Wii, buy the Wii version. If you have a PS3, buy the PS3 version and if you have a 360 buy the 360 version.
I think it's stupid to spend hundreds of $ for another game console just for this game.

Is there a LOT of people who thinks that a game with "low quality" graphics it's not worth, i don't, but i will love to see any related MJ material in HD, and the Wii sucks for that pretty much.

But forget the graphics, and think the content of a Blu ray vs a DVD, the DLC's (maybe MORE songs in the future) and that kind of stuff...

And yes, it's stupid to spend hundreds of $ for another game console just for this game.

Yes that works, THANKS!

Too bad they used a dance-alike, but still looks pretty good. I wonder if those dancers had Wiimotes strapped to their legs or if they could have just stood there waving their arms without doing the feet movements, which after all tend to be the most difficult IMO...
You have never played Just Dance, have you?
There is no such thing as "strapping wiimotes to your legs" and you can even play the game with one wiimote (w/o the nunchuck). And actually you were able to play with up to 4 players in Just Dance and this game is very similar, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyways I'm excited to see how the kinect version does look like.

Is there a LOT of people who thinks that a game with "low quality" graphics it's not worth, i don't, but i will love to see any related MJ material in HD, and the Wii sucks for that pretty much.
The video footage looks like it plays a video file, which any video game console is able to pull off, even some with worse power than the Wii. The wii is not an HD console, it wasn't at anytime. I just wanted to point out that HD is not a reason for this type of game to deter you from enjoying it.

Last edited:

The Xbox is the flagship version because of the new Kinect motion camera. Dancing around with a wiimote or PSmove is not as accurate as dancing with a motion capture camera. I only have a Wii, but this is the only type of game that I can see Kinect dominating in. I never understood how Just Dance became such a phenomenon. If I had an Xbox 360 I would buy that version…

It would have been cool if there were feet sensors, because really that is the majority of MJ's moves, any mention of feet sensors being created for wii?

Now if they released Moonwalker, or an actual interactive game like that then I'll be in line all ready..

No gaming console could contain that level of awesomeness. :cheers:

I wonder if it will have support for the Wii Balance Board. Although from the video clips that I've seen it looks fairly accurate without it.

I'll be getting the Wii version for sure (I don't own the other systems).

I have this workout game for the Wii...can't remember what it's called, but it incorporates this leg strap to track your leg movements, so obviously it's possible this could be included in the Wii version...

I wonder if it will have support for the Wii Balance Board. Although from the video clips that I've seen it looks fairly accurate without it.

I'll be getting the Wii version for sure (I don't own the other systems).

There's no way the Balance Board would work for this game....too much moving around...you'd fall off the board..:lol:

This should clear up some confusion and solidifies that I will not be getting this game…

http://kotaku.com/5616688/michael-jackson-the-experience-has-no-mouth-yet-it-must-scream

"What is Michael Jackson The Experience? It's a dancing game for the Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, and PlayStation Move, that capitalizes on each systems' unique motion control technology to let players dance and sing like the King of Pop himself. The Kinect and Move versions track your entire body. The Wii just tracks your Wii remote, and doesn't have a singing component."

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' playable at Gamescon [Merged]

^ It says MOVE does the same as Kinetic?

Reason why I must buy Xbox just for this is that I don't want to dance with a controller in my hand! It looks so lame and looks uncomfortable. You can't pretend it's a mic either, because it's the controller you're using to point in the directions that it says on the screen. Camera only, you can do whatever you want and sing at the same time.

Epic.

^ It says MOVE does the same as Kinetic?
Reason why I must buy Xbox just for this is that I don't want to dance with a controller in my hand! It looks so lame and looks uncomfortable. You can't pretend it's a mic either, because it's the controller you're using to point in the directions that it says on the screen. Camera only, you can do whatever you want and sing at the same time.
Epic.
If you are using a controller you don't have to point in a direction, but simply do the dance moves you'd always do. The controller just recognises these moves.

Why the hell would the dance moves be different, when using a controller?
They are not!

The only thing different is, that kinect can capture your legs, but the problem is: kinect is not "connected" to your body like the move controller or the wiimote which >could< cause problems. But we'll see if this works as good as Microsoft says. Fingers crossed.

And BTW this game and the dance moves are not exactly like the performances Michael did, because normal guys should be able to pull a song off without getting a heart attack from all that stress. It's meant to be entertaining for everyone, not only us crazy MJ fans who know every little dance step (although I don't do either...). That's why I can live with that there is no capturing of the legs in the wii version (and ps3 too???)

Am I the only one who's wondering why Dangerous is not included in the tracklist? The Dangerous routine is one of Michael's best. Is it because the routine is too complicated for regular guys to do?

You sure it's the final list? I mean, they're still working on it, maybe some more tracks will be added. I'm learning Dangerous now by watching videos, but it's so hard. Should be in the game, I totally agree.

The first routine I learned of Michael's was Dangerous actually.

it's one of Michael's only routines that can easily be assigned to counting steps, difficult at first but easier once you find the rthym. I cannot wait to see Who is it!

I've visited the gamescom
and played the game :)

i danced to billie jean

as a reward i got a cool MJ VIP PASS

Last edited:

OMG I just saw the promo on gamescom. I have to have this! This is going to be amazing! :punk:

This should clear up some confusion and solidifies that I will not be getting this game…

http://kotaku.com/5616688/michael-jackson-the-experience-has-no-mouth-yet-it-must-scream

Yep, i was reading it right now, hehehe, no more discussion about Kinect and Move anymore my friend...and why is that you not getting the game?

The video footage looks like it plays a video file, which any video game console is able to pull off, even some with worse power than the Wii. The wii is not an HD console, it wasn't at anytime. I just wanted to point out that HD is not a reason for this type of game to deter you from enjoying it.

But forget the graphics, and think the content of a Blu ray vs a DVD, the DLC's (maybe MORE songs in the future) and that kind of stuff...

I guess we can wait forever for an interactive game like moonwalker.. :(

This game sucks..

No, no, no. Stop judging the game, have you seen the PS3 or Xbox footage? NO!

That's the video that was removed, only horrible quality.

Yep, i was reading it right now, hehehe, no more discussion about Kinect and Move anymore my friend...and why is that you not getting the game?

Well I only have a Wii and the dance part doesn't sound too fun. Plus the Wii version got the short end of the stick again from developers and doesn't feature the singing section. I think Michael was originally helping out with this game and when he passed they quickly finished it just to make a buck. It all seems so lackluster.

Anyway, like I said before, I can already dance like him and I own all his music. What do I need it for. Maybe things will change when it is released, but right now I have no interest in it…

I think Michael was originally helping out with this game and when he passed they quickly finished it just to make a buck. It all seems so lackluster.

I'm afraid that you are right...hope not.

More gameplay, if you can call it that (stupid cameraman, we want to see the screen!)

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-10-michael-jackson/703295

I hope one day they'll make a game of MJ like Moonwalker, an adventure

I tested it at GamesCom and the wii version is too poor to be interesting...
The michael jackson avatar has no face, the dance is not the same that michael did, and the game is quite ugly...
I let you judge, personnally, i'm more waiting the XBOX/PS3 version of it :

Back