Michael Jackson: The Experience - Discussion News And Updates Thread

Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' playable at Gamescon [Merged]

ouch.... a michael jackson avatar without a face??? that's quite disappointing to hear.

i can understand if the dance routine is not the same as michael's. how can an average guy dance like michael?

Everybody seems to be slating the Wii version. But for people like me who only have a Wii and cannot afford a PS3 or Xbox 360, the Wii game is a god send. I'll defo be buying it on the Wii, no matter what people say about it.

It's funny, I told my bf about this game, and saying that it seems everyone is vying for the xbox version...and he was like, 'well, let's get an xbox then' ...i was like....alrighty, sounds good to me :lol: although i still think it'll be pretty cool on whatever system it's on

Why is there no news about the move and how its going to work on that??....

if you get a xbox kinect you have to consider having a large living room so you can stand far enough so the camera picks up your whole body...

Ahhh this reminds me of the old days when you had this Moonwalker game from SEGA LOL...

B.t.w. i heard there was a Mj-game coming out for the ninttendo DS as well.
I'm not the kind of person to buy a gameconsole but my kids own a Nintendo DS so i would buy it for them.

I tested it at GamesCom and the wii version is too poor to be interesting...
The michael jackson avatar has no face, the dance is not the same that michael did, and the game is quite ugly...
I let you judge, personnally, i'm more waiting the XBOX/PS3 version of it :

Everybody seems to be slating the Wii version. But for people like me who only have a Wii and cannot afford a PS3 or Xbox 360, the Wii game is a god send. I'll defo be buying it on the Wii, no matter what people say about it.

All the versions will be the same i'll bet anything, maybe the only difference will de the DLC's, and the Wii sucks in that...

Not to put a downer on the situation, and in my opinion, the game won't sell well. Judging by the current industry trends, Microsofts 'Kinect' and Sonys 'Move' aren't what the consumer want. Pre-orders of the new technology have been overwhelmingly low, and tech-demos with the companies own pioneering games (ones which will be the main focus and help launch the motion-sensing add-ons) haven't been well recieved.

Thanks to franchises such as 'Guitar Hero' and 'Rock Band', the average gamer is becoming annoyed at the steadily growing music franchises taking over store shelves. In general, consumers who aren't entirely aware of the upcoming releases (the marketing for Kinect and Move, in my area at least, are quite poor) won't want to part with large amounts of money on something they don't know much about. Compare the marketing of Call of Duty, even a day after a new version is announced, to this. Fans of games aren't clambering to buy it. Different genres yes, but everyone is eyeing the same market.

Unfortunately, sticking a brand on a game doesn't make it sucessful. Usually, quite the opposite. Movie tie-ins are commonly known to be poor quality and rushed. Couple that with the large number of music games (on Wii especially - Let's Dance, High School Musical) and I think this game will just fall into the category of hardcore MJ fans only. I HOPE I'm pleasantly surprised on that. Hopefully the new album will spur sales. Of course, I want the game to sell, for Michael.

Thoughts guys? How do you expect the game to be recieved? :)

Tom I get what your saying.
Unfortunaltley there is a limited market on this game,as much as I hate to say it.
Yes,like you,I wont it to sell well for Michael but Like you say,and I agree 100% that its only going to be bought by pure MJ fans because,as you know,if its branded its only going to be bought by people who are into that brand.
Ive just got a bad feeling about this for some reason.

For gaming as a whole, Kinect failing would be a god send. Maybe developers can finally focus on REAL video games instead of trying to cash in on the Wii's success by catering to the casual market.

Regardless, whether Kinect fails or not, if the MJ game sells well, we'll see more in the future (on the Wii and PS3 at the very least). I'll be picking this up day one!

Maybe they'll make a HD remake of Moonwalker on PSN/XBLA/Wii Ware. *prays*

I don't have a Wii. But, some relatives have it so I played with theirs. But, because this MJ game is coming out I will now buy my own Wii with the MJ game. ;)

For gaming as a whole, Kinect failing would be a god send. Maybe developers can finally focus on REAL video games instead of trying to cash in on the Wii's success by catering to the casual market.

Regardless, whether Kinect fails or not, if the MJ game sells well, we'll see more in the future (on the Wii and PS3 at the very least). I'll be picking this up day one!

Yeah, the PS3 MOVE is more similar to Wii than Kinect, but I get what you're saying.

if you get a xbox kinect you have to consider having a large living room so you can stand far enough so the camera picks up your whole body...

The same with PS3 MOVE because that uses a camera too

so the move will be tracking the feet as well? I wish i new whats happening with the move, im buying the move only for the mj game!

ALso to the person who said orders are low....thats not true, the uk are asking for extra orders from sony for the move as orders are very demanding...

I prefer that instead of this game, but what i really want it's another new adventure game like Moonwalker

Michael Jackson: The Experience Game First Preview Video Latest News

I have also posted this on MJ Discussion Forum;

Do you really wanna beat it? Dance like Michael Jackson? Then here's the chance. This game not only includes latest technology ever but it also has his biggest hits and moves. And more...it has MJ dance school..,where you can learn his unique dance moves like the moonwalk. This is an amazing total package which is not only for your entertainment but for you to learn new things and it will probably help you to lose some extra pounds as well. Note: Here only shows a preview screen the actual final game screen is got enhansed effects and details.

Re: Michael Jackson: The Experience Game First Preview Video Latest News

I think it's better to keep this thread separately.,because this is something new and people can easily view/find the latest about the game without searching inside other threads. And if you really want to merge this into another thread please copy this instead of moving the whole thread. Thank You. MJ Forever.

I have a question.....I have a Wii and Ps3, but no Xbox......What exactly is on the ps3 version? is it more similar to the xbox version or the Wii version? We might end up buying an xbox (not solely for this game, we've always been meaning to get it)...but I feel that I've seen/heard about the will and xbox versions, but not about the ps3...so what exactly will be on the ps3?

Re: Michael Jackson: The Experience Game First Preview Video Latest News

I thought I saw this interview in the other thread. Anyway, this should be merged, but the thread starter on the other thread should update the first post with interviews and links and edit the title to "First post updates".

yeah i want to know whats special for the ps3....they are keeping quite for some reason. I have a feeling they will do something special for the move as its sony and sony has all the rights to his songs...

yeah i want to know whats special for the ps3....they are keeping quite for some reason. I have a feeling they will do something special for the move as its sony and sony has all the rights to his songs...

that's exactly what my bf and I were talking about...Something's gotta be good for the ps3!

I have a question.....I have a Wii and Ps3, but no Xbox......What exactly is on the ps3 version? is it more similar to the xbox version or the Wii version? We might end up buying an xbox (not solely for this game, we've always been meaning to get it)...but I feel that I've seen/heard about the will and xbox versions, but not about the ps3...so what exactly will be on the ps3?

Here's how it works;

From USA Today;
"Michael Jackson The Experience, due in November for Wii, Xbox, PS3, PSP and DS (rated E10+ for ages 10 and up), lets players try to match some of his classic moves.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Michael Jackson estate, say they had been looking for a video game to showcase his legacy. (His last game, Moonwalker, in the early '90s, had him dancing to defeat "Mr. Big" and save the children.)

"The game needed to incorporate Michael's music and dance moves into the most innovative technology available, continually pushing the envelope at each turn," according to an e-mail by their press representative.

With the Wii version, you wave the wireless remote to mimic the moves of an on-screen dancer that resembles Jackson. To the right of the screen, upcoming steps scroll by, showing you where to position the remote as you shake your body down to the ground to Bad, Beat It, Billie Jean, Workin' Day and Night and The Girl Is Mine, among other hits.

The Xbox 360 version will use Microsoft's upcoming Kinect full-body control system to track the player's moves, and its camera will project the player into the game environments, all based on Jackson's videos and concerts.

The PS3 version will use the motion-tracking PlayStation Move technology. (In the Wii version, up to three additional players can sing along with the dancing player, but their performance doesn't affect the score.)"

Read All: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-08-24-mjgame24_ST_N.htm

So basically every game version has the body control/movement option. I think the only difference is they use different technology.

Basically, the reason for none Kinect or Move footage, it's that this accesories are not in the market yet...

AFAIK The Wii and PS3 MOVE only track the players hands. The Xbox 360 Kinect version tracks the whole body.

Last edited:
Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' at Gamescom - UPDATES Pg1

It sucks so bad that they didn't get any alternatives for the Move regarding the feet. I mean, you don't only dance with your hands.

Kinect did the right thing.

I heard that demos of the Kinect showed that it has significant delays from when a player moves to it responding on screen whereas the PS3 move is extremely accurate.
I heard that the PS3 eye can detect body movement so maybe they will use that to detect feet movement and the controller to detect movement of the arms.

I think there will be delays in Kinect no matter what. The technology hasn't gone that far. And I doubt Move has delay because of the those... Sticks?

Anyway, the PS Move with TWO stick, remotes, whatever, will be VERY expensive.

Ok, so I found out this information out for those who are interested in buying and playing the game when it is released.

Note:
  • these figures are estimates based on quick searches on Amazon.co.uk.
  • 1 player cost and 2 player costs assumes you don't already own the console
  • I have included the costs if you want to play by yourself or with a second player.
  • I have assumed the game price.
  • Upgrade cost assumes you already own the console (with capability for 1 player) and want to upgrade to 2 player MJ Experience.
Wii:
Console cost (with motion plus controller and game): £159.00
additional controller: £18.94
Game cost: £30

Total 1 player cost: £189.00 (Wii pack plus game)
Total 2 player cost: £207.94(Wii pack plus controller and game)
Wii Upgrade cost: £48.94 (1 additional controller and game)

Xbox 360:

Kinect Accessory:£130 (allows up to 2 players at once, or up to 4 depending on who you believe)
Xbox 360 Kinect pack: £249.99 (includes Xbox 360 and Kinect)
Game cost: £35

Total 1 player cost: £284.99 (Xbox 360 Kinect pack plus game)
Total 2 player cost Xbox 360: £284.99 (Xbox 360 Kinect pack plus game)
Upgrade cost: £165 (Kinect and game)

PS3:
PS3 pack With 1 Move Controller: £284.87 (Note: price does not include the nav controller required for 1 complete controller set)
Move Controller: £29.99
Nav Controller: £17.99
starter set (eye camera plus move controller): 44.91 (Note: price does not include the nav controller required for 1 complete controller set)

Total 1 player cost: £319.87 (PS3 Move bundle plus game)
Total 2 player cost: £367.85 (PS3 Move bundle plus, extra move controller, nav controller, and game)
Upgrade cost: £145.88 (starter set, plus 2 x Nav controller, plus 1 x Move controller,plus game)

SUMMARY:

If you had NONE of the above consoles and wanted to play the game the Wii is by far the cheapest and the PS3 by far the most expensive, especially if you want to play with a friend.

BUT if you already own one of each of the consoles, the cheapest upgrade by far is the Wii while the most expensive upgrade is the Xbox 360.

Last edited:

Ok, so I found out this information out for those who are interested in buying and playing the game when it is released.

Note:
  • these figures are estimates based on quick searches on Amazon.co.uk.
  • 1 player cost and 2 player costs assumes you don't already own the console
  • I have included the costs if you want to play by yourself or with a second player.
  • I have assumed the game price.
  • Upgrade cost assumes you already own the console (with capability for 1 player) and want to upgrade to 2 player MJ Experience.
Wii:
Console cost (with motion plus controller and game): £159.00
Full controller set for additional player: controller £18.94, Nunchuck £7.55 TOTAL = 26.49
Game cost: £30

Total 1 player cost: £189.00 (Wii pack plus game)
Total 2 player cost: £215.49 (Wii pack plus controller, nunchuck and game)
Wii Upgrade cost: £56.49 (1 additional controller set and game)

Xbox 360:

Kinect Accessory:£130 (allows up to 2 players at once, or up to 4 depending on who you believe)
Xbox 360 Kinect pack: £249.99 (includes Xbox 360 and Kinect)

Total 1 player cost: £284.99 (Xbox 360 Kinect pack plus game)
Total 2 player cost Xbox 360: £284.99 (Xbox 360 Kinect pack plus game)
Upgrade cost: £165 (Kinect and game)

PS3:
PS3 pack With 1 Move Controller: £284.87 (Note: price does not include the nav controller required for 1 complete controller set)
Move Controller: £29.99
Nav Controller: £17.99
starter set (eye camera plus move controller): 44.91 (Note: price does not include the nav controller required for 1 complete controller set)

Total 1 player cost: £319.87 (PS3 Move bundle plus game)
Total 2 player cost: £367.85 (PS3 Move bundle plus, extra move controller, nav controller, and game)
Upgrade cost: £145.88 (starter set, plus 2 x Nav controller, plus 1 x Move controller,plus game)

SUMMARY:

If you had NONE of the above consoles and wanted to play the game the Wii is by far the cheapest and the PS3 by far the most expensive, especially if you want to play with a friend.

BUT if you already own one of each of the consoles, the cheapest upgrade by far is the Wii while the most expensive upgrade is the Xbox 360.

Here's how it works;

From USA Today;
"Michael Jackson The Experience, due in November for Wii, Xbox, PS3, PSP and DS (rated E10+ for ages 10 and up), lets players try to match some of his classic moves.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Michael Jackson estate, say they had been looking for a video game to showcase his legacy. (His last game, Moonwalker, in the early '90s, had him dancing to defeat "Mr. Big" and save the children.)

"The game needed to incorporate Michael's music and dance moves into the most innovative technology available, continually pushing the envelope at each turn," according to an e-mail by their press representative.

With the Wii version, you wave the wireless remote to mimic the moves of an on-screen dancer that resembles Jackson. To the right of the screen, upcoming steps scroll by, showing you where to position the remote as you shake your body down to the ground to Bad, Beat It, Billie Jean, Workin' Day and Night and The Girl Is Mine, among other hits.

The Xbox 360 version will use Microsoft's upcoming Kinect full-body control system to track the player's moves, and its camera will project the player into the game environments, all based on Jackson's videos and concerts.

The PS3 version will use the motion-tracking PlayStation Move technology. (In the Wii version, up to three additional players can sing along with the dancing player, but their performance doesn't affect the score.)"

Read All: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-08-24-mjgame24_ST_N.htm

So basically every game version has the body control/movement option. I think the only difference is they use different technology.

Thanks to both of you! To me, sounds like the xbox is the best option....:scratch:

Back