&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp
&nbsp

&ampnbsp&ampnbsp&ampnbsp&ampnbsp

New screenshot of Thriller

Update Oct 11th:

We have some footage of Beat it!!! Just the ending though...

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/31764

Billie Jean in full...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw20DDWUPBk

Smooth Criminal in full...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0robkhfSzuc

Interview with someone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOQAz9gNwZ8

Update Sept 29th:

SPECIAL OFFER:

Pre-order the game from Ubisoft and get your own Billie Jean Glove, just like the one MJ wore on Motown 25!

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/productID.218545300

Update Sept 27th:

More Michael Jackson: The Experience clips.

Michael Jackson: The Experience on DS.

Update Sept 20th:

Some different footage from the Tokyo Game Show:

Smooth Criminal:

Smooth Criminal & Black or White:

Update Sept 17th:

http://kotaku.com/5640443/experiencing-michael-jackson

500x_black_or_white_2_hd.jpg

My rhythm is off, and I am completely out of step. This is the easiest song on the Wii version of Michael Jackson: The Experience. And the experience so far is difficult. This fall, Ubisoft is bringing Michael Jackson's dance moves to the Wii with Michael Jackson: The Experience. Next year, singing and dancing will arrive for the PlayStation Move and the Xbox 360 Kinect with the Move version getting a singing-only karaoke version. The Wii version does have song subtitles, but it is not a singing game.

As a child of the 1980s, I grew a huge Jackson fan. His music videos weren't simply videos, but were something the world had never seen. I had a white glove, penny loafers and even some sort of Jackson Sgt. Peppers-type jacket. By the end of the 80s, Jackson had become increasingly peculiar and his eccentricities (and image) continued to worsen during the following decade.

But something that did not change was his gift for both music and dancing.
Ubisoft is asking a lot of players with Michael Jackson: The Experience. His dance moves — even the easier ones — are no cake walk. Fans of Jackson should be excited that they can learn Jackson's trademark moves. Yet at the same time, there is a sense of "Oh crap, this game has Jackson's trademark moves."
Michael Jackson: The Experience does not simply replicate Jackson's dancing, but has players get up off their duff to do the moves. There are on-screen cues that clue in players for each move. On the Wii version, the game tracks the where the player starts each move while holding the Wii Remote, where the player ends each move and the degree of force which the Wii Remote is swung through space. Meaning? You apparently can't cheat the game like with, say, Wii Sports. (The Kinect and the Move versions will use more in-depth tracking.)
The Wii version ranks each song by difficulty, but the Move and Kinect versions allow players to change the difficulty of each tune. And if Jackson's moves prove too changing, players can select the back-up dancers. "They Don't Care About Us" is one of the less challenging tunes on the Wii version. When originally released, the song was one of the most controversial Jackson song with critics saying the lyrics were racist. The lyrics featured in the game have been edited so that the controversial lyrics are not included. According to Ubisoft, the song edit is Sony Music approved.
After fumbling both my left feet through "They Don't Care About Us", I found "Smooth Criminal" nearly impossible. One thing that Ubisoft has done is the repeat certain dance patterns over and over again in Michael Jackson: The Experience. It is possible to get the hang of the moves, and if you are a good dancer, you'll pick them up pretty fast.
"Smooth Criminal" does have the famous "lean move", but players shouldn't expect to learn how to do it. Jackson wore specially designed shoes to pull it off. And no, Ubisoft is not planning on releasing a Smooth Criminal lean shoes peripherals.
.One or two play-throughs with Michael Jackson: The Experience is not enough time. Weeks, months (and maybe even years) would be required to get me half-way decent at the moves. You might pick it up in an afternoon. (Good for you!) In the privacy of my own home, the experience might be different. No, it would be different. It definitely would be different. And repeated play would help diffuse any feelings of being overwhelmed. I just tried to image trying to keep up with Jackson's moves and singing.
Fans of Jackson's who want to learn his moves and sing his songs will love this game. This is for you. This is what the game promises, and from what I saw of the dancing, it seems to deliver. But for now, I'll stick with Moonwalker.

UPDATE Sept 16th:
OFFICIAL TRAILER FOR THE WII VERSION OF THE GAME.

SCREENSHOTS OF 'BLACK OR WHITE' and 'SMOOTH CRIMINAL':
161183-michael-jackson-the-experience.jpg

SmoothCriminal-420x0.jpg

UPDATE Sept. 12, 2010 (AP):
Dance like Michael Jackson in new video game - Thanks to MJDatabank.

mj_experience.jpg

MONTPELLIER, France — Moonwalking just like Michael Jackson will soon be possible for everyone with the launch later this year of the first video game dedicated to the star since his passing last year.

A game, developed under the watchful eye of Jackson's beneficiaries by French video game titan Ubisoft, will teach players to master the King of Pop's most famous dance moves.

Named "Michael Jackson: The Experience", the game is being produced by Ubisoft's French editor in his studios in Montpellier and Montreal with a team of around 200 people.

The version for the Wii console, which has been seen by AFP, sets the tone right from the start with background music from the star's many hit songs. In total there will be between 25 and 30 (MJ Songs) available in the final version.

In the early 1990s, Jackson was the star of a video game adapted from his 1988 "Moonwalker" film which involved players fighting supposed enemies of the star.

This game, however, invites the player to try to move like Jackson with points awarded for the most successful.

"We have looked at hundreds of hours of video and collaborated with choreographers, notably Travis Payne, who was involved in the preparation for the "This Is It" tour," for which Jackson was preparing at the time of his passing, said creative director Alkis Argyriadis.

Respect for the work of the singer, who sold more than 750 million albums worldwide and had 13 No. 1 singles, is guaranteed by a firm managing the interests of Jackson's beneficiaries including his three children, with whom Ubisoft is in contact.

"The attention to detail even extends to the length of the hem on the trousers.... (and) the famous white glove," said producer Abdelhak Elguess.

Some Jackson moves have, nonetheless, had to be modified to give players a realistic chance of replicating them, according to Argyriadis.

"Not everyone can dance as well as he could," he added.

A "dance school" made up of videos sets out his choreographies so that players can familiarise themselves with his body language.

The less gifted can take the role of one of Jackson's dancers.

Stephane Vallet, of Ubisoft Europe, said it takes "around two years to conceive a game" so the game was apparently already in the pipeline before Jackson passed.

Of the consoles, the game can be played on Nintendo's DS and Sony's Playstation 2 portable and will be available from November 23 in the United States and two days later in Europe and Asia.

But consumers will have to wait until the start of 2011 for Playstation 3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360.

A Los Angeles judge has set a January 2011 hearing to weigh whether there is sufficient evidence to prosecute Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray with involuntary manslaughter over his passing on July 25, 2009.

The 57-year-old doctor was charged in February this year after officials ruled that Jackson passed away after being injected with a powerful cocktail of sedatives and painkillers, including propofol.

The doctor, who was the last person to see Jackson alive, has admitted administering drugs to the singer to help him sleep shortly before his passing.

Source : Digital Spy / MJ data bank
This news can be reposted with a credit to MJ data bank

Partial tracklist has been revealed. I just spoke with my source this morning and I can reveal that in addition to these songs other songs that have been chosen to make the game include:

(confirmed today)

Bad
Beat It
Billie Jean
Earth Song
The Girl Is Mine
Who Is It
Workin' Day And Night

(will also make the game)

-Thriller
-Smooth Criminal
-The Way You Make Me Feel
-Black Or White
-You Rock My World
-Scream
-Man In The Mirror
-You Are Not Alone

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Michael-Jackson-The-Experience-Partial-Song-List-Reveled-152730.shtml

Michael Jackson: The Experience - Gameplay (gamescom 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8_H6ocZby8

I have also posted this on MJ Discussion Forum;

Do you really wanna beat it? Dance like Michael Jackson? Then here's the chance. This game not only includes latest technology ever but it also has his biggest hits and moves. And more...it has MJ dance school..,where you can learn his unique dance moves like the moonwalk. This is an amazing total package which is not only for your entertainment but for you to learn new things and it will probably help you to lose some extra pounds as well. Note: Here only shows a preview screen the actual final game screen is got enhansed effects and details.

Michael Jackson: The Experience
Photo: Ubisoft

Fresh from GamesCom in Germany comes new screenshots and information on the upcoming Kinect enabled game for the Xbox 360, Michael Jackson: The Experience. Along with the new screenshots we also have a Q&A with the Michael Jackson Estate about the game.
Michael Jackson: The Experience utilizes Kinect's ability to track the body's movements while you sign along using the microphone. If you're worried that your voice won't be able to match the King of Pop's, no worries. The game features technology that includes real-time professional audio enhancers, so your voice will be given the golden treatment to make you sound better than ever.
The combination of singing and dancing will enable players to trigger effects, visuals and even the music itself as they move around the digital environment.
Michael Jackson: The Experience launches on November 18, 2010. Check out the screenshots in the upper right and the Q&A with the Michael Jackson Estate below and let us know your thoughts of this Michael Jackson title.
Why did you choose to work with Ubisoft on this project? What was it about the game/technology that was appealing?
Michael was about pushing technological limits to give his fans the most memorable experiences imaginable. Michael Jackson – The Game is an innovative and creative way to bring families and friends together to enjoy his artistry in a way that hasn’t been done before.
How are you involved in the development of the game? Did you meet the development team?
The Estate is working closely with the development team to make sure Michael Jackson – The Game reflects Michael’s unique creative spirit and is of the highest quality that Michael and his fans demand.
What do you believe the game will bring to MJ's loyal fans? Why should they care?
Michael was about finding ways to use new technologies so that his fans could enjoy his artistry and he valued family entertainment. This game brings those things together. His fans will be able to literally step inside Michael’s shoes and reenact his iconic dance moves to the music they love, enjoying it with their friends and families.
How do you see this game continuing MJ's legacy?
It underscores that Michael’s artistry is timeless, appeals across generations and is always on the cutting edge.
What excites you most about this game?
The opportunity to showcase the uniqueness and timelessness of Michael’s artistry in a way that has not been done before and doing so in a way that truly exemplifies the value of family entertainment, something that was very important to Michael.
This game will be the first videogame to give to players the opportunity to actually perform MJ's most famous tracks and dance choreography. Why did you wait for this year to launch such a game? Why not before?
It has to be the right time, both in terms of technology and opportunity. Michael was a perfectionist, and he would have wanted to make sure that if a game like this was released that every dance move was perfected.
How do you see this game fitting in with all of the other MJ-related activities this year?
The Estate is selective about the things it authorizes. They have to be of the highest quality, and have to be in the spirit of what Michael loved and wanted for his fans. That’s what Michael Jackson – The Game is.

Playing Billie Jean

From USA Today;
"Michael Jackson The Experience, due in November for Wii, Xbox, PS3, PSP and DS (rated E10+ for ages 10 and up), lets players try to match some of his classic moves.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Michael Jackson estate, say they had been looking for a video game to showcase his legacy. (His last game, Moonwalker, in the early '90s, had him dancing to defeat "Mr. Big" and save the children.)

"The game needed to incorporate Michael's music and dance moves into the most innovative technology available, continually pushing the envelope at each turn," according to an e-mail by their press representative.

With the Wii version, you wave the wireless remote to mimic the moves of an on-screen dancer that resembles Jackson. To the right of the screen, upcoming steps scroll by, showing you where to position the remote as you shake your body down to the ground to Bad, Beat It, Billie Jean, Workin' Day and Night and The Girl Is Mine, among other hits.

The Xbox 360 version will use Microsoft's upcoming Kinect full-body control system to track the player's moves, and its camera will project the player into the game environments, all based on Jackson's videos and concerts.

The PS3 version will use the motion-tracking PlayStation Move technology. (In the Wii version, up to three additional players can sing along with the dancing player, but their performance doesn't affect the score.)"

Read All: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-08-24-mjgame24_ST_N.htm

Last edited:
Re: 'Michael Jackson: The Experience' playable at Gamescon

Cool, thanks for the heads up!! Can't wait for this game!!

I'm suprised not many people are excited about seeing the game at last!

Anyway, it looks as though the version that will be available for the public to play will be the Wii version unfortunately. I was hoping for the Xbox 360 version as the new 'Kinect' accessory allows the player(s) to control what happens on screen without the use of any controllers at all by scanning the whole body and so knows exactly where each limb is. It also includes a microphone to pick up the vocals. I think this will be the best version as the player can just concentrate on the music and dancing, without having to hold anything at all. Of course, the fact Kinect doesn't have any tangible buttons to press will be a problem in many games, but not this one. For MJ: The Experience, Kinect is the system of choice for me.

The PS3 and Wii both require the player(s) to use the handheld controller(s), and I'm not sure how those systems are going to cope with tracking the full body movement used in dancing. how will they accurately track the person leg movements for example? I don't think strapping controllers to your legs is ideal LOL.

The PSP version uses the standard method of tapping buttons in time with the music, so not very interesting at all.

A specification sheet from Ubisoft states the game will be playable by 4 players, though it doesn't specify whether this is 4 players at the same time or one after the other.

A specification sheet from Ubisoft states the game will be playable by 4 players, though it doesn't specify whether this is 4 players at the same time or one after the other.

That would suck!
BTW: Kinect only allows up to two players...

Yes, that's the rumour, but Microsoft hasn't confirmed how many players it will be able to handle at the same time....

However leaked MS technical specs do seem to confirm that Kinect can recognise any number of human bodies, but can only calculate the movement and actions of two people at a time, so you could be correct. We'll have to wait for a press release to confirm it. I'm just passing on what I have seen in the news

Last edited:

Which console would be best for MJ's game? PSP? WII? Xbox?

Definitely not PSP or Wii.

The PS3 and Xbox360 versions should be the best, but because the playstation 'Move' controller is handheld - very similar to the Wii's controller - I would prefer the Xbox30 version. For that version, the players don't need to hold anything. The xbox 360 Kinect can track all body movements using a 3D camera.

Of course, I haven't tried any version of the game yet. the first public test will be at GamesCon, but that will be the Wii version.

I have a Wii at home but the Xbox 360 version seems much more appropiate for this game. Might have to purchase one just for this game, seems incredible!

Only 2 days to go!

Still sucks that to play the game, you need to buy the camera and stick thing.. :/

I mean, I'm a gamer, I got 20 + PS3 games, but buying stuff to play a game is something I never do.

I should make it clear you need the Kinect accessory to play without controllers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ch7soAo4Hc&feature=related

how many & how much r the Kinect accessories? The console is selling here for 399$. I hope it includes all the accessories because that 200$ more than the wii.

But I really like the fact that you don't need controllers.

Yes, but as a gaming console the Wii was outdated even when it launched. Graphics were last generation as was the sound capability. Am I right in thinking it doesn't even output HD video?
Anyway, the only thing it had going for it was its unique way of controlling the games, but now the PS3 and Xbox 360 even to that better than the Wii.

I always saw the control mechanism on the Wii as fun in some games but overall inaccurate and totally useless in many genres of game. I never bothered to buy one before thise, and I wouldn't buy one now for anything.

The Xbox 360 and PS3 are both getting on in years now too, but they're the best bet at the moment.

Damn...i have everything EXCEPT an Xbox :angry:

PS3 version for me. I wonder if you can play online? How cool would it be to have a MJJC dance off :D

CANNOT WAIT for this game.

PS3 version for me. I wonder if you can play online? How cool would it be to have a MJJC dance off :D

CANNOT WAIT for this game.

:woohoo: Srsly, I bet it does have the online option!

Partial tracklist has been revealed. I just spoke with my source this morning and I can reveal that in addition to these songs other songs that have been chosen to make the game include:

(confirmed today)

Bad
Beat It
Billie Jean
Earth Song
The Girl Is Mine
Who Is It
Workin' Day And Night

(will also make the game)

-Thriller
-Smooth Criminal
-Black Or White
-You Rock My World
-Scream
-Man In The Mirror
-You Are Not Alone

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Michael-Jackson-The-Experience-Partial-Song-List-Reveled-152730.shtml

HOLY S***,

BILLIE JEAN, EARTH SONG, WHO IS IT, SMOOTH CRIMINAL, SCREAM AND TWYMMF

I don't care, I will buy the game and the freakn' camera thing and what it takes.

THE DRILL should be included as a bonus BTW.

I think you will all find the move amazing, the guys that i have corresponded with say this is spot on as in reacts instantly, as the kinect has , and does have lag issues

This is brillian that it has songs such as scream etc lets just hope it also has some new songs possibly as part of promo for new album.

Terry

Pics and info here guys

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1113895p1.html

Ubisoft first announced a Michael Jackson game back at E3 of this year, though at the time the company would only say that it would be a multiplatform game. Now we have the first details on the Xbox 360 iteration, courtesy of a fact sheet sent out by Ubisoft. Called Michael Jackson: The Experience, the game will use Kinect and is due out on November 18, shortly after the launch of the motion sensing camera for Xbox 360.

Michael Jackson: The Experience pulls in songs from MJ's catalog, with Beat It and Billie Jean, Bad, Earth Song, The Girl Is Mine, Who Is It, and Workin' Day And Night already mentioned as being included. It will also include his signature dance moves, testing the players' ability to sing and dance. The fact sheet says that you'll play on sets inspired by his music videos and stage performances, and even mentions that the game "includes real-time audio enhancers" to improve the sound of your voice.

And for those that can't dance that well, it will also include a tutorial mode called Michael Jackson School to get you into the groove.

We'll have more on Michael Jackson: The Experience shortly. For now, head through to the media gallery for the first images.

Last edited:

Game due out Nov 18th just like I have said all along! (the week before US thanksgiving holiday)

And for those that can't dance that well, it will also include a tutorial mode called Michael Jackson School to get you into the groove.

I shall be partaking in that...:lol:

INFOS/Screens:

Michael-Jackson-The-Game_X360_BOX-tempboxart_160w.jpg

UBISOFT
Release for: XBOX360
Also on: PS3, PSP, Wii
Release Date: 18th NOVEMBER 2010

Setlist for now:

-Thriller
-Smooth Criminal
-Black Or White
-You Rock My World
-Scream
-Man In The Mirror
-You Are Not Alone

(confirmed today:)
Bad
Beat It
Billie Jean
Earth Song
The Girl Is Mine
Who Is It
Workin' Day And Night

first screens:

e3-2010-michael-jackson-screens-20100614065118892.jpg

e3-2010-michael-jackson-screens-20100614065116408.jpg

michael-jackson-the-experience-20100818072410429.jpg

michael-jackson-the-experience-20100818072415272.jpg

I NEED to buy this!

Clearly XBOX is the flagship platform for this game! Looks like I'm gonna have to buy an Xbox even though I want a Wii :(

the game itself honestly does not interest me.. But I'm glad this game is coming out to introduce his music to some younger audience that may not be too familur with his music.. For me, Ive never been into that type of game.. Now if they released Moonwalker, or an actual interactive game like that then I'll be in line all ready..

najgnjagnajgn YOU CAN SING TOO!??!?!?

Clearly XBOX is the flagship platform for this game! Looks like I'm gonna have to buy an Xbox even though I want a Wii :(
I don't see how Xbox is the flagship?

Back