Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Re: John Landis - Top Secret Thriller Project!!!! Coming 2017

...I mean, I wont lie.. I'm going to watch it! I still want an exciting announcement though! I didn't refresh my computer these many times at work for a cartoon!

You think there's more coming today or no?

he was impressed with pixar toy story and walliE so he would probably agree with it ... and UP, by pixar was one of the last films he ever saw so it has a nice (almost bittersweet ) touch . i like the idea of it .

Last edited:

...I mean, I wont lie.. I'm going to watch it! I still want an exciting announcement though! I didn't refresh my computer these many times at work for a cartoon!

Yes you did.

KOPV;4199696 said:
Have you heard the news? There’s a new animated special in production and coming to television this fall – Michael Jackson’s Halloween. It will be broadcast on CBS in the US and there are deals with local broadcasters in other countries around the world. More details about the program will be announced in the coming weeks.

THIS was the "pleasantly surprising" announcement?

[video=youtube;QaZ0L7aDx50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaZ0L7aDx50[/video]

If it has a good director and storyline, it could have some potential, if it aims for families instead of kids (Like Disney Pixar films)

If it was a project Michael actually started and never completed then fine. But it feels after this initial announcement like some ugly franchise.

A McDonald's Happy Meal with a Thriller sticker slapped on it.

Maybe yesterday Quincy blocked Thriller 3D and in 1 day they think "Ok we will get them animated Halloween movie".
Estate Worst idea ever...

Did Landis actually mention Thriller 3D? Maybe it's a wad of releases over Halloween.

the reactions on twitter are so damn funny :rofl:

Cute idea, but not worth the big buildup. I know this was something MJ wanted to do, but I wonder how he would do it now if he were still here.

They basically licence brand MJ out to anything that can make them easy dollars. I have no interest in a children's cartoon in the same way the estate has no interest in Michael Jackson's music. Thriller 3D can't be far away I guess but to be honest the next announcement may aswell be for an MJ happy meal. I don't know, there's no authenticity there anymore. Hard for most MJ fans to get excited about this one.

Maybe yesterday Quincy blocked Thriller 3D and in 1 day they think "Ok we will get them animated Halloween movie".
Estate Worst idea ever...
This crossed my mind also. We pretty much know Thriller 3D was a given, then it's a complete left turn out of nowhere.

Did Landis actually mention Thriller 3D? Maybe it's a wad of releases over Halloween.

He has mentioned it few times. At least last year and not long ago.

It was only a few weeks ago when John Landis himself said Thriller 3D was going to be released this summer.

I'm not that disapponted. Not something I would watch but it could be fun. I like that This Place Hotel sign.

I think for Halloween it could be a lot of fun. Hopefully this and the 3D project will refresh Thriller a bit for the oldies and bring MJ to a new audience. 'This Place Hotel' might suggest that the music for the animation will be taken from more than Thriller. I like the look of the animation, and it's possible that the girl might be the lead character, for a change. (She looks the 'stronger' of the two drawn characters). I'm slightly disappointed that the dog doesn't reference 'Spanky' with the eye patch, as it would be nice to include MJs pets as well.

I long ago accepted that we are not going to get much, if any more new music for the forseeable future, and 'updated' videos seem to take forever and cost a fortune, so this at least looks fun and is a new family-oriented project. It has a kind of 'Disney' look about it (Haunted house?) so I think MJ would have liked it.

It's over. I will not expect anything from Estate. Anything.

So that D25 8-Disc set with the Batman style hardcover book is on hold I'd say.

I don't know what to think. Think Michael would have liked an animated special and it looks like Pixar. Obviously going to use his music so that's a plus for the kids yet to discover him.

I do think we should petition Epic to change the name of Heartbreak Hotel officially. That's a personal pet peeve.

I don't know what to think. Think Michael would have liked an animated special and it looks like Pixar. Obviously going to use his music so that's a plus for the kids yet to discover him.

I do think we should petition Epic to change the name of Heartbreak Hotel officially. That's a personal pet peeve.

I agree.

Well, until we know what songs are being used.. IDK if we have much to go off of as far as what the show should have been called!?! Especially if this may coincide in the fall and maybe help promotion with Thriller 3D or whatever they have up there sleaves.. Or @ss! ;)

Ha! that was my first thought!!

Perhaps someone should ask the MJ online team whether the Thriller 3d project is still in the works and if we can expect an announcement for that soon.

Perhaps someone should ask the MJ online team whether the Thriller 3d project is still in the works and if we can expect an announcement for that soon.

That is a good idea.

I sent an email asking if Thriller 3D was still happening this year and this is the response I got.
4rDhUc9.jpg

^ A simple cop out response... it's not a rumored project lol

I sent an email asking if Thriller 3D was still happening this year and this is the response I got.
4rDhUc9.jpg

Thank you for emailing them and sharing the response! It's much appreciated.

Interesting how she called it a "rumored project." I'm not buying it though. I think the estate still needs to do at least two (or three?) more projects by the end of this year per the agreement they made with Sony. The Halloween special is one. There is more coming. John Landis pretty much confirmed Thriller 3D.

Back