Michael Jackson’s Thriller 3D

Re: John Landis - Top Secret Thriller Project!!!! Coming 2017

This animated movie is 1 hour...

Could it be they will show this in cinemas and then show Thriller 3D before or after?? - I think/hope not, but you never know. :)

Could it be they will show this in cinemas and then show Thriller 3D before or after?? - I think/hope not, but you never know. :)

nope tv

Maybe yesterday Quincy blocked Thriller 3D and in 1 day they think "Ok we will get them animated Halloween movie".
Estate Worst idea ever...

If he did it proves what a jealous whiny person he has become

Perhaps someone should ask the MJ online team whether the Thriller 3d project is still in the works

You don't need to ask the Estate, we know it's still in the works because John Landis has been talking about it quite a bit and has even given rough dates for it's premiere (next few months).

It's CBS, so it'll be TV.

Interesting how she called it a "rumored project." I'm not buying it though. I think the estate still needs to do at least two (or three?) more projects by the end of this year per the agreement they made with Sony. The Halloween special is one. There is more coming. John Landis pretty much confirmed Thriller 3D.

Of course she's not going to say anything about it. Why would she? It's not been announced by the Estate yet and likely not everything would be finalised yet. Go hit up Apple Support and ask about the upcoming iPhone, see what they tell you. We all know it's coming... :p

Besides, those on the MJ Online Team would've signed a NDA when they were employed by the Estate.

Last edited:

ummm isnt the "mj online team" apart of the estate?

ummm isnt the "mj online team" apart of the estate?

Well they'd work for the Estate. Technically the actual Michael Jackson Estate itself, as in those who have the rights to deal with the affairs of Michael Jackson, only consists of John Branca and John McCain.

Nobody will confirm anything officially until the MJ Estate makes a formal announcement.
We know a Thriller project is in the works because Landis has spoken about it. The animated MJ dance at the end of the show will no doubt be thriller, and Landis may have had a hand in that, but I hope there is another Thriller related project in the works (as you know, from what Landis said recently there will be - this TV show will not premiere at a film festival, nor at the end of the summer).

^ I doubt that Landis would be needed for anything about this project aside from possible legalities.. He is not the director of the project (unless for some odd reason it would be a secret) but I doubt that.

If plans haven't changed and it is being premiered at the film festival over the summer one would think there would be an announcement within a few weeks wouldn't there?

^ Should be an announcement but often at film festivals.. as it debuts there, that is often used as an 'announcement' of sorts

When is this film festival it's supposed to debut at?

To my knowledge there's some educated guesses which festival but no 'fact' based stuff for aside from "summer"

When is this film festival it's supposed to debut at?

I had a look at the possibilities and only Toronto came back as likely to me in terms of size and dates. Plus the Estate have a history with the festival, as does Landis. The programme for the festival is announced on August 21st as a I recall. Tickets are already on sale.

I had a look at the possibilities and only Toronto came back as likely to me in terms of size and dates. Plus the Estate have a history with the festival, as does Landis. The programme for the festival is announced on August 21st as a I recall. Tickets are already on sale.

So perhaps an announcement in the coming weeks...probably sometime in August?

I am going on vacation tomorrow for the next couple of weeks, so I won't really check internet or MJ news - so it'll be fine for me if they wait with the announcement until mid august.

So perhaps an announcement in the coming weeks...probably sometime in August?

Surely prior to the festival programme being made public. I'd imagine the press might get wind of the festival line-up prior to that as well.

If I'm right with Toronto I'd expect Estate acknowledgement in the next 2-3 weeks. However given that their big announcement was about that cartoon thing I think it's possible Thriller 3D has been delayed.

Surely it wouldn't make much sense to delay Thriller. They need the film festival to gain positive buzz before they (hopefully) release it to cinemas (slim chance), TV, Netflix/Amazon Prime, or BluRay etc.

They will have to put it in public settings to watch in 3D.. 3D is actually a good way to get hard copy sales too.. if you don't have goggles/glasses you can't just stream something and see it in 3D..

I could see them releasing it hard copy with special Thriller 3D glasses and/or for streaming services - have online a way to order "Thriller glasses"

They will have to put it in public settings to watch in 3D.. 3D is actually a good way to get hard copy sales too.. if you don't have goggles/glasses you can't just stream something and see it in 3D..

I could see them releasing it hard copy with special Thriller 3D glasses and/or for streaming services - have online a way to order "Thriller glasses"
There would be a normal Blu-Ray too with the physical release. I don't think any company releases movies with 3D as the only option.

I'd buy any blu ray that contains Thriller in HD. 3D or not I dont care.

There would be a normal Blu-Ray too with the physical release. I don't think any company releases movies with 3D as the only option.

Well depending on what the changes they make to the film... making hard copies of Thriller would be redundant since everyone has it.. 3D would be the only selling point!! But if the video is different enough than yes!! new clips, different scenes etc.. that would be a selling point to have without 3D.. all depends on how much difference from the original it is. I am guessing fairly high considering the time put into it.

I am willing to bet it is going to be somewhat if not all different and it fits into the here and now so the kids of TODAY can relate and enjoy. So, its a great thing for michael's legacy. I wish more people would see how good this is going to be . Michael never wanted to become "old hat".
Anyone remember that ?

Well depending on what the changes they make to the film... making hard copies of Thriller would be redundant since everyone has it.. 3D would be the only selling point!! But if the video is different enough than yes!! new clips, different scenes etc.. that would be a selling point to have without 3D.. all depends on how much difference from the original it is. I am guessing fairly high considering the time put into it.

HD is a selling point too. More people care about that than 3D. But I don't think they can release Blu-Ray/DVD with just Thriller on it. Even if they made some extras the running time would be like 1 hour at most.

HD is a selling point too. More people care about that than 3D. But I don't think they can release Blu-Ray/DVD with just Thriller on it. Even if they made some extras the running time would be like 1 hour at most.

you kidding? Thriller original video remastered in HD, Thriller 2017 edit, the Making of, maybe a documentary of the Thriller era, maybe Ghosts who knows.

you kidding? Thriller original video remastered in HD, Thriller 2017 edit, the Making of, maybe a documentary of the Thriller era, maybe Ghosts who knows.

I just think there isn't enough content. The main feature is just 15 minutes long. Maybe with Ghosts but not otherwise.

I just think that there isn't enough content. The main feature is just 15 minutes long. Maybe with Ghosts but not otherwise.

Thriller original video 15 mins
Thriller 2017 video edit probably 15 to 20 mins
Ghosts 40 mins
The original Making of Thriller 60 mins IF they don't add any other footage

And a documentary, very unlikely I know, but if there is there will be enough things to put on a Blu ray.

all of above are possible things to happen and not far from reality, now if we dream a little, there could be a Victory tour release if the people working at the Estate weren't so lazy or wasting money on things nobody wants

Thriller original video 15 mins
Thriller 2017 video edit probably 15 to 20 mins
Ghosts 40 mins
The original Making of Thriller 60 mins IF they don't add any other footage

And a documentary, very unlikely I know, but if there is there will be enough things to put on a Blu ray.

all of above are possible things to happen and not far from reality, now if we dream a little, there could be a Victory tour release if the people working at the Estate weren't so lazy or wasting money on things nobody wants

Yeah Victory Tour would be a great and it would make sense to include it. I just don't see Estate doing it. I would pre-order it immediately.

^One thing i know for sure is that they could RE-EDIT that video in HD because everything you see on it it's on film. why do they have to be so damn lazy :( why can't be us working on the Estate?!

^One thing i know for sure is that they could RE-EDIT that video in HD because everything you see on it it's on film. why do they have to be so damn lazy :( why can't be us working on the Estate?!

We can just hope that they have been scanning material during this 8 years. The HD live footage in Bad 25 and Off the Wall documentaries give me hope.

Back