Official Celebrity Statements Thread

I personally can't believe it, but it's more unfortunate for the world of music. ... My love goes out to his family. ... A sad day in history, not [just] music. ~ Lil Wayne

Wow, Lil' Wayne actually said something smart!!!

Reading these statements makes me sad :(

Akon..

AKON-MJ will be remebered as the greatest! I was blessed and honored to be able to sit in the same room with todays insperation for pop music!

Wow, Lil' Wayne actually said something smart!!!

Reading these statements makes me sad :(

Ok Adore, even at a time like this, your posts never fail to make me laugh :lol: Thank you!

Jay Kay from Jamiroquai

Jay Kay has released a short statement following the untimely death of Michael Jackson.

"A tragic loss, he was only ten years older than me. I was hugely influenced by "Off The Wall" particularly. He will always be remembered for that level of brilliance which will doubtless never be replicated again. It's very sad news." Jay Kay

Im glad to see he commented on it, Jamiroquai are my favourite band.

‘Michael loved junk food. In March 2007 he came back to Cheltenham with us. It was the first time he’d been here.

That's sooooo close to where I live. :(

‘We’d go out for dinner or a coffee and he would notice women walking past and say, 'She’s so cute, she’s got a nice tush,' but then he would be very apologetic.

:mello:!!!!! Michael you sly dog!

Sometimes he’d put on a cockney accent. He’d talk about 'going up the apples and pears'.

omg :rollin: Was not in the mood for laughing but that is so funny.

I didn't really know where to put this because he's not really a celebrity, well, I didn't know him... but he's very nice (I'll make a translation of it since it's in Dutch)It's an interview with François Glorieux in a show called 'de zevende dag':
http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/mediatheek/redactietips/MMG_michael_jackson/1.553361

interview with François Glorieux "Jackson was a very sensitive man"
(he's some kind of composer I guess who worked with Michael)

Q: Mister François Glorieux is with us today, first of all, thank you very much for coming to the studio because you're a very famous pianist, composer and conductor, am I getting this right?
A: Yes, that's right.
Q: Yesterday, you were in Vienna and you'll go to the Czech Republic later today.But you decided to make a little time for us because you were a friend of Michael, am I right?
A: Yes, that's right. I've met him several times, he has personally asked me and that was very special because one day, I got a phone call from ?John Branka? -he was Michael's lawyer at the time- and he told me: "François, It's very strange, Michael called me and he'd like you to LA". And apparently that was the first time Michael Jackson personally called his lawyer to invite me. And offcourse, I was very suprised.
Q: And why did he invite you?
A: He wanted to get to know me. What I didn't know was that he had all my CDs, about 40 CDs an 30 vinyl records. And Michael was in love with classical music, he admired all the ?arrangements? I did with Beatles songs (I think he reworked Beatles songs, inspired by Bach, Beethoven, Shuman,...). Michael said "You're doing a great job, you encourage younger people to listen to classical music". And that's really the best way to do it. You take a popular song that most people know and you just adjust it to the classical style of music.
Q: And did he want you to rework some of his songs like that too?
A: Well, I already did that because at the time, Michael was so big, with songs like Beat it, Billy Jean, Don't stop till you get enough and so on. And at the time I has a very large orchestra, with brass instruments and percussion and I already reworked some songs of his because Michael and I were with the same record company. My producer said " francois, you've seen him dance! You, who has composed several piece for the ballet of Flanders and Maurits Béjard. Now you should do something for Michael!". And that's what I did. I remember we did a great show on the 'gentse feesten' (A festival in Flanders). Everything was instrumental, that's what Michael wanted. There were no vocals. Michael told me, and that surprised me, that it had to be acoustic. He actually hated all those synthesizers, which he usually used himself.
Q: What was he like?
A: There was a big difference between the Michael I met and the Michael on stage. He was a very sensitive man. I'm very very sensitive myself and I believe that's the reason why we had this connection. He could cry for nothing, just like me, I easily get all teared up.
Q: You also have some pictures of him, when you met him.
* They show some pictures *
A: I have about 200 pictures. And he probably has many more in his collection of pictures. He also told me what to wear. He said: "You've got to wear your purple T-shirt and I'll wear my red shirt because that's a good marriage.", that's what he said, a good marriage between those two colors.
Q: He really thought about everything! In a minute, you'll play a song of his, what song will you play?
A: I'll play 'She's out of my life'
Q: why?
A: Well, that's a bit strange, he didn't write the song himself but Michael told me it was one of his favorite songs. So he played the song regularly. It was very moving.. he, ... how shall I say this.. I ... I've seen him cry. When I played 'she's out of my life', he put his hand on my shoulder. That's why I'm so, so emotional right now, I'm always thinking about those moment, I'll never forget those moments. We still had to meet again. His big plan was that I would play Bad, Smooth criminal , liberian girl,.. with a large symphonic orchestra.
Q: Are you still planning to do that? as a tribute?
A: Well, I've already conducted some song with the national symphony orchestra of London and the BBC radio orchestra. I'd love to do it here, in Belgium but ... in Belgium, I'm not really famous I belgium so.. I don't know

And then the video stops, he played 'She's out of my life' on his Piano and it was very beautiful, I'm trying to find it but I didn't find it yet

Last edited:
Not a statement, but SMAP have released new pics :angel:

goromj.jpg

kimuramj.jpg

tsuyoshimj.jpg

nakaimj.jpg

shingomj.jpg

I heard Diddy went ape shit crazy on the BET Awards Red Carpet and yelled at CNN because they aren't showing enough respect - Anyone know where I can see this video?

I heard Diddy went ape shit crazy on the BET Awards Red Carpet and yelled at CNN because they aren't showing enough respect - Anyone know where I can see this video?

I heard he did that to other celebs at the after party too. Although I never heard him much on Michael either.

I've just read Jane Fonda's blog about MJ. I regret it. She's happy about it because he won't have to age and that he died quickly. OMFG!!!

Ukraine could name village after Michael Jackson

MOSCOW, June 30 (RIA Novosti) - A lawmaker in eastern Ukraine has put forward a proposal to re-name a village after Michael Jackson, the late King of Pop, local media reported.
According to the Zaporozhye Region's Reporter newspaper, one of the factions in the legislature has already discussed the proposal, and it could be put to a vote soon.
The lawmaker has proposed renaming the Oktyabrskoye village, the paper said.
The report has not been officially confirmed.
Michael Jackson, who spent more than four decades in the public spotlight, died at the age of 50 on June 26 of a heart attack just weeks before he was to launch a series of comeback concerts in London.

http://en.rian.ru/exsoviet/20090630/155390621.html

We were excited about the press potential, I remember saying to him, "Oprah never talks about video games", to which he replied, "Oprah is a friend of mine". This was a theme I learned, he had so many friends, and actually spent time with them all. It was really impressive.
Hard to say when Michael said this but that was just it, he never knew who were trashing him.

On tv I saw an american rapper/singer named MC Lyte this is part of what she said - ' we had a true angel walking among us...he was misunderstood'

Not a statement, but SMAP have released new pics :angel:

goromj.jpg

kimuramj.jpg

tsuyoshimj.jpg

nakaimj.jpg

shingomj.jpg

These bring back so many beautiful memories. I loved that show, Michael was so natural and sweet and the guys were cute as hell with their excitement.

And poor Nakai - to have his autograph written as "Takai" :lol:

Michael is the best.

i think it should be here:

Ennio Morricone
http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo_app.php?id=19384&sez=HOME_SPETTACOLO&npl=&desc_sez=

It is so graet! Makes me cry.
Morricone says Michael is the giant of conteporary music. He mixed music and image making product of straordinary quality. He said he doesn't know if there is or could be someone like him ever again.
It was Sergio Leone, the movie director, who introduced him to the Michael Jackson's genius.

I mean Ennio Morricone is the most important classic music composer of our times!!!
WOW!!!

There are a few people who I am missing a statement from. Those are:

- Eddie Murphy
- Chris Tucker
- Prince

Anybody knows if these have made any statements, and if not, why?

Johnny is such an amazingly beautiful human being with a kind heart. I adore him for paying respect to Michael and his family. Those rumours about him playing Michael in a movie have been around for a few years now.

are you serious? I think he was really cold, and what he said was only something "politically correct", but it didn"t seem to come from the heart, he didn't seem sorry at all.

That's a pity because I really like him, and since I saw Charlie... I've been hoping to see him play Mike.

Not everyone is going to get Michael and not everyone is going to be impacted by his death. In that case, I prefer for them to be pc and respectful.

Back