Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging [Pepsi Promo /Can discussion]

^ Yes, good point, would have been useful to remind people. The media never mention the fact mj donated all the settlement money or indeed anything that puts mj in a good light.

I really get irked at the way those articles are revising history and claiming mj's 'drug addiction' started after the pepsi incident in '84. It's as if they don't want to acknowledge that it was the false allegations and media lynching over them that caused mj to turn to painkillers in '93, 9 yrs later. I like to think it's a guilty conscience, but somehow i doubt it.

From that forbes article,
Jackson wrote most of the songs on this follow-up, and they reflected the increasing paranoia and ‘hermit-activism’ Jackson espoused.

Is there any other human being out there who knows what hermit-activsm is and how it relates to 'bad'?? Why is it that when it comes to mj the media just talks a load of nonsense.

Re: Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging [discussion]

No MJ Pepsi for Norway, just got it confirmed.

"Hello! There will sadly be no Bad-cans in Norway, but it would've been undenieable awesome!"

Re: Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging [discussion]

To me these pepsi cans are a fun and interesting way to promote bad 25. Michael didn't stop working with pepsi after the accident. Some of these critics or whoever they are need to get their facts straight. Or maybe they know and just ignore it because they want to bring this project down with their negativity.

I agree with your post and here are my thoughts...as you all know I AM SOOOO EXCITED ABOUT THIS CAMPAIGN.
I myself need to be excited about something that has to do with Michael...i have not supported ANY other campaigns from any other sources...but This...I have to support....it is not easy for me to get excited about anything...as a matter of fact the last time i was excited about ANYTHING in my life was when I found out that Michael was going to be doing TII...we all know how that ended. I cannot think about what happened in the past with Michael and his contract with Pepsi...he is not here anymore...what I DO need is to find a positive way celebrate Michael...for the fans of the world...old and NEW...to celebrate Michael...and if this campaign with Pepsi will help do that ,,then I am all for it, I found this on line this morning parts of it made me stop and think for a Minute...they mention ,,is it right to do a campaign with the dead.? It made me think about he Holograms BS..for me I not interested in that...then I thought about it....they are two different things in my mind...one takes Michael's physical image and makes it sing and dance in front of me .so that it can trick the mind into thinking that I am really looking at Michael...the other is a silhouette of Michael...the Music and the memories of those Pepsi commercials from the 80's brings my mind back to such a much happier time regarding Michael....I say,,,,Michael deserves to be celebrated for his hard work on Bad....and why cant Pepsi help that along? It may just mean mere marketing and $$$$ to Pepsi...but to many MJ fans...it means celebrating Michael and his accomplishments.....AND gives us SOMETHING exciting to look forward to.
I know the vid has already been posted but it goes with what it is I am trying to say...

Last edited:

My only disappointment with the press release is their omission that MJ didn't pocket the 1.5M Pepsi settlement. He donated all the money to the Michael Jackson Burn Center. It would have been nice to remind some folks how far back his humanitarian efforts go.

You are right, and the only way to to remind people MJs humanitarian afforts is via commnets on the articles (facebook) and so on...

MJ fans have to be ACTIVE on the net, not only on fan forums!

"Hello! There will sadly be no Bad-cans in Norway, but it would've been undenieable awesome!"

"No way" :( :D

I wonder how they chose which countries the cans would be going to. It's a shame they won't be sold in more countries.

I wonder how they chose which countries the cans would be going to. It's a shame they won't be sold in more countries.

Especially if they want to distribute a billion cans...Spread them out! :D

Memo to the Business editor of the Daily Telegraph, Saturday 5th May 2012 (UK).

Thank you so much for the lovely photo of Michael in gold on page 34 of the Business pages today (just under the 'World Market Indices'). It made my day. But next time, please can you include the gold pants (don't cut him off at the waist!) LOL

Thank you so much.

(The Pepsi campaign paragraph was illustrated with a very nice photo of Michael from the History Tour.)

http://

Last edited:

Jackson_popcorn.gif

As if they truly cared about MJ suffering 2nd/3rd degree burn.

As recently as early 2000, people & the media found it funny that Eminem was making fun of the whole Pepsi incident in his video.

So spare me all the newlyfound sensibility about that whole incident.

This is jealousy... MJ's estate is growing & they need to find something to slow it down. As MJ sang... :

My only disappointment with the press release is their omission that MJ didn't pocket the 1.5M Pepsi settlement. He donated all the money to the Michael Jackson Burn Center. It would have been nice to remind some folks how far back his humanitarian efforts go.

Ture. His humanitarian efforts began when he was a kid and sold his candy for the same price he bought it and then ended up giving them away free.

Blue he does have these mannerisms like scratching a certain spot on the side of his head. I have noticed that since he was a teen. Another one is pulling in both his lips and singing with bubble gum in his mouth. Ahhhhhhhh too adorable.
Bumper one of the problems with Roger is that he wants to be an expert on anything Michael. He makes reports based on his own personal dislike of Michael Jackson, gossip, and titbits from Michael so-called true friend, so his writings show who he is. He never has anything good to say, so at least he is consistent.

We should make a list of all the Rogers who write trash about the campaign and send them reports on how good sales are once the campaign begins. It seems they always talk trash before an event, but no one publicly shows them how stupid and incorrect their forecasts were once the event becomes a success. We should post all the wonderful sale figures after the articles.

Last edited:

At least 22 countries will get the cans according to the video. Maybe something will change in time to add another one.

@Memefan.....I must say, good points.

As if they truly cared about MJ suffering 2nd/3rd degree burn.

As recently as early 2000, people & the media found it funny that Eminem was making fun of the whole Pepsi incident in his video.

So spare me all the newlyfound sensibility about that whole incident.

This is jealousy... MJ's estate is growing & they need to find something to slow it down. As MJ sang... :

I know the media and many others never cared that weren't fans, I've been around. lol Most never took it serious nor cared since it happened actually. Because many always wanted to see the video for proof and when they finally got it they instead say it's how his addiction started. Way before Eminem stupid video in 2000 there have been comedy shows like Madtv and In Living Color that has made fun of the burn and these shows were from the 90's. Even Neil Young won a MTV award yrs ago for his song/video "This Note's For You." Which he critiques artists who according to him "sell out" and allow their songs to be used in commercials. In the video he uses an MJ look-alike getting burned. So this has been goin on forever with no end it seems.

Last edited:

Even Niel Young won a MTV award yrs ago for his song/video "This Note's For You." Which he critiques artists who according to him "sell out" and allow their songs to be used in commercials. In the video he uses an MJ look-alike getting burned. So this has been goin on forever with no end it seems.

I remember that video. It was tasteless.

And apparently the world doesn't have bigger problems than artists who sell their music for commercials, so Mr. Young really needed to criticize that. :smilerolleyes: As if it's not a lot cheaper to try to be cool with snobs by mocking other artists.

I came across with 1 article that mentions Michael's donation to burn center.
Michael Jackson to Appear on Pepsi Cans
Soda company celebrating the 25th anniversary of 'Bad'

Pepsi has struck a deal with the Michael Jackson estate to create a series of soda cans featuring an image of the late pop icon. One billion cans celebrating the 25th anniversary of Jackson's album Bad will be produced around the world as part of the soft drink company's Live for Now campaign. Pepsi has also worked with Sony Music and the Jackson estate to create new mixes of songs from Bad to share with fans as part of this project. In addition to normal cans, there will also be limited-edition 16 oz. cans bearing the singer's image.

Michael Jackson's relationship with Pepsi dates back to 1984, when the singer and other members of the Jacksons filmed an ad for the soda company. Jackson was injured in the shoot, and was treated for second-degree burns on his scalp after pyrotechnics accidentally lit his hair on fire. Jackson never fully recovered from this incident, and he won a $1.5 million settlement from Pepsi, which he donated to the Brotman Medical Center in Culver City, California. It has since been renamed the Michael Jackson Burn Center.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...o-appear-on-pepsi-cans-20120504#ixzz1u4mWSzHE

I wonder what the Pepsi cans will look like. Will there be more than one image?

Dangerous
558294_3629674863351_1318489535_3541471_132884740_n.jpg

30658L.jpg

Japan

vintage-michael-jackson-1988-bad-world-tour-japan-pepsi-can-rare-promotional_280816544368.jpg

545013_318291141577164_156076924465254_790046_1852766460_n.jpg

What do you mean? They will look like the last picture you posted

Oh, for real? Have I missed something? :)

I don't know what they will look like. I'm just wondering.
Maybe they will look something like those I posted. Or nothing like them at all.
Those are just some cans from the past, except the last one.

The last pic is the new can.

With a long history as one of the major celebrity endorsers, Michael Jackson is returning as the spokesman for Pepsi, three years after his death. The Michael Jackson Estate has teamed up once again with the popular soda brand for a campaign to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s platinum-selling 1987 album, BAD.

As part of the “Life For Now” campaign, Pepsi is honoring The King of Pop’s iconic album with a special release of a billion commemorative cans around the world featuring a silhouette of Jackson, plus releasing new mixes of his music and organizing live events for fans to celebrate the classic hits from BAD in a brand new way.The global campaign will feature the iconic silhouette of Jackson’s pose from his 1984 “The Chase” Pepsi commercial.

“Michael did three successive deals with Pepsi, on the Victory Tour, the Bad Tour and the Dangerous Tour, so this extends a long and very successful relationship with the brand,” The MJ Estate said in a statement. “Michael would have loved that we are making the record books with his image on a billion cans around the world. And the campaign will be a great kickoff to the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of BAD.”

Jackson has had a running history with Pepsi by appearing in several commercials during his career, including the “Chase” spots.

The new campaign will launch in the U.S. later in May with the release of limited edition 16-ounce King of Pop cans that will also be paired with a way for fans to get remixes off the BAD album.

- Brit Brickle, 94.7 The Wave
http://b1063fm.radio.com/2012/05/05/michael-jackson-returns-to-pepsi/

Sounds intriguing...I wonder where and when..???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PEPSI TO LAUNCH MICHAEL JACKSON MARKETING CAMPAIGN

May 04, 2012 (Los Angeles Times - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- Michael Jackson is dead, but PepsiCo Inc. still plans to use his image to sell its soda.

The beverage brand, which has struggled to eclipse rival Coca Cola Co., is pairing with Sony Music and Jackson's estate to roll out an exclusive campaign pegged to the 25th anniversary of the performer's multi-platinum "Bad" album and tour.

One billion soda cans featuring Jackson's image will be sold around the world, Pepsi said. China will get the first batch, launching Saturday. Later this month, special-edition 16-ounce cans will be available in the U.S., followed by rollouts in other parts of Asia, South America and Europe.

The Pepsi campaign will also feature merchandise, such as jackets inspired by the original "Bad" tour, new mixes of music from the album and chances to win tickets to performances of Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour" show.

The singer, who died in 2009, had a long history with Pepsi. He first starred in an ad campaign for the company with his brothers in 1983. The next year, while on set filming a Pepsi commercial, Jackson was severely burned in a pyrotechnics accident.

Last month, Pepsi announced the launch of a massive global branding campaign that it's calling "Live for Now." The first round of ads, featuring pop celebrity Nicki Minaj, will start appearing Monday.

The company, which also owns brands such as Tropicana, Gatorade and Frito-Lay, said this year that it would lay off 8,700 employees through 2014. Beverage sales in the key North American market have been sliding.

Pepsi also said it plans to boost its advertising and marketing budget by as much as $600 million this year.

The company's stock price has never managed to recoup its high from when Chief Executive Indra Nooyi first took leadership in 2007.

tiffany.hsu@latimes.com
http://www.zacks.com/research/get_news.php?id=125d8543

That's a lot of money! (even across a dozen products) (and a lot of employees to lay off)

Last edited:
Re: Pepsi Partners With Michael Jackson Estate for Commemorative Packaging *Update Post 217*

^^ No doubt! That's disappointing :(

hey give we should comments on these article with facts

Back