The "what hotel are you staying at" thread

Thank you! Is Journeys LONDON EYE in safe place? it's 73 Lambeth Walk, I'll try to change from Greenwich to London Eye, hope they will account my first deposit.

Thank you! Is Journeys LONDON EYE in safe place? it's 73 Lambeth Walk, I'll try to change from Greenwich to London Eye, hope they will account my first deposit.

The hostel at Lambeth Walk is in a better area than the one in Deptford. If they won't let you change hostels, don't worry. My biggest concern was your plans to walk late at night from O2 to Deptford.

How about Smart Russel Square Hostel? That's where my friend booked us, she as going for the cheapest :doh:
Hope it won't be too difficult to ge to the O2, it's next to a subway station...

I'm staying with 3 other persons at a nice appartment named Apartments Apart at Britport Place, Hoxten. We only pay 36 pounds a night per person. We are staying 3 nights. There's still one apartment left in the same building during 22th august till 25th august! If you book before 22th august it will be even cheaper. I booked with www.booking.com

It's quite a long walk, there are buses that go from o2 arena into the main area of Greenwich, and then it is about a 5 min walk to the hostel. If you are staying out late, past midnight, I not sure if there are night buses from the o2 arena into Greenwich, but a mini cab from o2 arena to your hostel will only cost about £5, and considering the bus fare is £2 per person, if there is two of you, then you may as well get a taxi.

Thanks for that info. When I tried checking distance using local live it wanted to take me across the river and then loop back. I was wondering if the train does that. I was thinking of getting a transportation pass like moonstreet suggested for while I'm there but I have a ticket for the after party the night of the concert so I suppose I might be leaving for the hotel after midnight. I never checked the times for the after party. Moonstreet said that the trains stop around 1:00 AM I think. There sure are a lot more options in London than where I live.

I had decided on Clink Hostel but I see is a bit far from the O2, anyone care to tell me if it's difficult to get from one place to the other?
Specially after the concert, will I be able to go to the hostel by tube?

CLINK HOSTEL
78 Kings Cross Road, London, WC1X 9QG

we are planning to go to the thriller live musical on 15th. would you like to join us? ;) would be a lot of fun i guess!

hehe i would love to come, but i'm going with my friend to london and i'm going to be practically dragging her there in my persuit for michael (not that she doesn't appreciate him too). Though, I think she'd be michaeled out after one concert and i haven't seen her for 6 months. Thanks though, and we WILL catch up at some stage :)

I live in London but we are gonna go crazy coz of opening night and rent an apartment in the Canary Wharf right across the river from the o2 arena.

It's 200 quid a night between us to sleep 6. :yes:

We plan on swimming back to the apartment after the aftershow party. :lol:

anyone knows more about that Hilton deal?? if it is 100bucks a night then I would rather fork out on that deal....

OK I might be stabbing myself in the back here...but if you are looking for affordable hotel in London and you are no longer "young" or travel with family and dont want to go to a hostel...
www.thomascook.co.uk - the oldest travel agency in the world- has good offers..

I am staying in a hotel called the Marriott west india quay and its 5 stars!!!!!! I also book the actual rooms through the o2 website!
http://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/loncw-london-marriott-hotel-west-india-quay/
http://www.hotels.theo2.co.uk/hotels/west_india_quay_marriott-hotel-350.htm

and if you book via the O2 you are actually booking with superbreaks...which is part of the thomascook group :)
http://www.hotels.theo2.co.uk/info/termspopup.htm?w=500&h=350:cheeky:
worth cecking out the smallprint you might get a better deal direct...
big corporate world...:cheeky:

I feel like I am going to go for Premier Inn...but I need to book direct...my flight comes into LHR at 745am...worst comes to the worst I will be out of the airport and in desperate need of a bed to sleep in by 11am....most hotels checkins are 2pm only....oh God, think about long-haul flyers...

I'm having a mare with hotels lol. Not a clue which one to go for. :bugeyed

then I am not alone..:D

LOL.. me three.. I don't even have a ticket yet but I was already looking through the hotels and stuff. =/

OK I might be stabbing myself in the back here...but if you are looking for affordable hotel in London and you are no longer "young" or travel with family and dont want to go to a hostel...
www.thomascook.co.uk - the oldest travel agency in the world- has good offers..

Sounds good. :D

I have made up my mind...it is going to be Premier Inn...they have a good night guarantee... "We know you want your stay with us to be easy and hassle-free, that's why we have our Good Night Guarantee. We believe in our people doing a good job for you – in fact we're so confident, we'll give you your money back if you don't enjoy a good night's sleep – simple"

I would not recommend Travelodge, they are always right next to rail tracks and you might not get a good nights sleep there -noisy guest, noisy area....not ideal for long haul flights....

I have never been to London so I don't know anything about getting around there but I chose a hotel called Custom House Hotel. It's 2.1 km away from the O2 and there is a DLR station close to it. It was rather cheap and has gotten good customer reviews.

I have made up my mind...it is going to be Premier Inn...they have a good night guarantee... "We know you want your stay with us to be easy and hassle-free, that's why we have our Good Night Guarantee. We believe in our people doing a good job for you – in fact we're so confident, we'll give you your money back if you don't enjoy a good night's sleep – simple"

I would not recommend Travelodge, they are always right next to rail tracks and you might not get a good nights sleep there -noisy guest, noisy area....not ideal for long haul flights....
Oh no, that's where I booked. It seemed to be close and the only one I could book for us all in for 4 days at a decent price. I wonder if I should, or could cancel.

Oh no, that's where I booked. It seemed to be close and the only one I could book for us all in for 4 days at a decent price. I wonder if I should, or could cancel.

I cant really tell you to cancel...all I can say I have stayed at travelodges 2 times in the UK...and did not get a full night sleep during any of my stays...travelodge is the cheapest of all..and -no offence meant- but the guests are mainly for parties, football matches etc...so Friday and Saturday nights there can be a bit noisy...if you know that you are good sleeper and could put up with it if you get the same experience.. I would not cancel.....

I may not be able to sleep anyways but no, I am a light sleeper. My kids are too... but hopefully they will be tired enough that it won't matter. Ah well.. I think I am there during the week anyways. Maybe that will be good then. Are they at least clean? I'll stick with them for the 4 nights and then move elsewhere. Thank you for your feedback on it though :)

I've been checking out many different Hotels and reading Hotel reviews lately. If I get a tick and can go, I plan on booking one for a week. I just don't want to spend over 1000 CAD on accomodations and as long as the hotel is clean and tidy and has the basic needs, it should be fine for me. :3 It doesn't have to be all fancy.. just a clean and comfortable place to sleep as I will be spending most of my days out and about. >.

I may not be able to sleep anyways but no, I am a light sleeper. My kids are too... but hopefully they will be tired enough that it won't matter. Ah well.. I think I am there during the week anyways. Maybe that will be good then. Are they at least clean? I'll stick with them for the 4 nights and then move elsewhere. Thank you for your feedback on it though :)

welcome...and yes they are clean.and well maintained....and again if you are an easy sleeper and will be on your feet for most of the day you will be fine..still worth asking for a quiet room in advance..:agree:

Back