The "what hotel are you staying at" thread

Arriving 7/27/09 staying at the Croydon Court Hotel along with DirtyDiana2000 and Rock of Ages for the concert on 8/1/09. OMG I am flying over an ocean for Michael!

since i am coming to london on the 13th already now, i had to change my hostel booking. the owner of the london home stay eltham offered me to change my entire booking to the homestay MILES DRIVE WOOLWICH, including private bathroom and so on. its just 5 years old and their best and newest homestay (according to the guy). i think there are still free rooms, so if you still look for a room, you can contact that guy. since it doesnt have a website and is not yet listed on hostelsclub, you better send an email directly to home stay eltham and ask for it. the price for a triple bedroom is 39 pound a night and a 2 bedroom is 26 pound.

Arriving 7/27/09 staying at the Croydon Court Hotel along with DirtyDiana2000 and Rock of Ages for the concert on 8/1/09. OMG I am flying over an ocean for Michael!

That's what I keep thinking... LOL

I don't know what hotel I'll be staying at, but I'll be going 25th-Oct 1st

Corus @ Bayswater Hyde Park...
anyone knows anything about it?

Hey! I stayed at Bayswater Hyde Park last weekend, but in the Thistle Hotel. The Corus is right near 2 tube stations (Knightsbridge and Queensway), so transport should be easy. The hotel looks nice, but not sure cos obviously didn't stay there.

Last edited:
I'm staying at the Royal National Hotel, Bedford Way, near to Russel Square, from July 12th to July 18th.

It's not as cheap as I would like it to be, but seemed a nice hotel, with breakfast and private bathroom...

I'm staying at St Christophers Inn in Greenwich i'll be arriving on the 12th and stay till the 14th

I'm staying at the Gresham located at 116 Sussex Gardens London, GB W2 1UH and I'll be in London from 29th July through the 4th of August.

I've stayed at St. Christophers Inn in Greenwich before and for the most part it was nice. Just be careful.

Thanks for the heads up, btw whats the nearest tube/dlr/bus/train to the Inn?

Oh it's not that far from it actually...I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. If you're exiting St. Christophers, you take a right and just follow the sidewalk, and you'll be going up hill, and then the tube station will be on your right. You cannot miss it. It isn't that far from the hostel, and you can actually get to the hostel from the airport via the tube. The taxi drivers are friendly but it will cost you.

Anyone know of how I can get from Paddington Station via the Tube to the O2 arena? I for the life of me cannot figure it out. Please someone if you can help I'd appreciate it.

Well, here you can find a nice map you can print: http://www.bulgarianlondon.com/bg_lon/bg/images/tube_map.gif

There are two Paddington stations (strange) so I don't know if you'll be taking the Circle line or the Hammersmith & City line, but no matter which one you take, they both go to Baker Street station. That's where you drop off. Then follow the directions on that station to change to the Jubilee line. Then catch that tube and drop off at North Greenwich station. If I'm not mistaken, the O2 should be to your right. But let's hear it from someone who lives there, because I've only been there once, in 2007.

As my tourist-book-map is packed with the rest of my stuff right now (my place is a mess because of renovation works) I can't tell you the directions of the tubes (Northbound, Southbound, whatever) because I have it written down. But people there are very nice and they'll help you if you ask for directions. :)

Well, here you can find a nice map you can print: http://www.bulgarianlondon.com/bg_lon/bg/images/tube_map.gif

There are two Paddington stations (strange) so I don't know if you'll be taking the Circle line or the Hammersmith & City line, but no matter which one you take, they both go to Baker Street station. That's where you drop off. Then follow the directions on that station to change to the Jubilee line. Then catch that tube and drop off at North Greenwich station. If I'm not mistaken, the O2 should be to your right. But let's hear it from someone who lives there, because I've only been there once, in 2007.

As my tourist-book-map is packed with the rest of my stuff right now (my place is a mess because of renovation works) I can't tell you the directions of the tubes (Northbound, Southbound, whatever) because I have it written down. But people there are very nice and they'll help you if you ask for directions. :)

Aw Thanks so much. It's been a few years since I've been to London so I'm a bit rusty on my Tube travels, so I appreciate the help! THANKS!

GOD I want July 30th to be here like NOW...LOL!

Anyone know of an alternative route that's pretty quick from someone coming in from Euston, since the jubilee line is shut? I am staying at the custom house hotel on the 18th & was wondering how i can get there without getting lost.

Anyone know of an alternative route that's pretty quick from someone coming in from Euston, since the jubilee line is shut? I am staying at the custom house hotel on the 18th & was wondering how i can get there without getting lost.

Is the jubilee shut opening night!! :-o Have i missed this.

I suggest going to waterloo and using the thames clipper boat to go to the o2 its a nice way to get there it takes around 25mins theres a bar on board and you get a nice trip along the thames to see some of the sites :)

I'm having a mare with hotels lol. Not a clue which one to go for. :bugeyed
^
LOL ...I 'm about to book flight and hotel for my stay January. The concert is January 14. Booking both flight and hotel together. Still trying to figure out which hotel...It is mind boggling.... *BTW is there anyone going to the January 14th, 2010 concert? Here? Thanks.

Last edited:
^
Still trying to figure out which hotel...It is mind boggling...

I stayed at Globetrotter Inn when I went to London in 2007 and I recommend it. Loved it there, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the place was clean, the bunker beds have curtains and the showers have plenty of hot water. And, last but not least, it's cheap. I'd stay there again, but the place was already packed when I tried to make reservations for my stay in August.

Back