The "what hotel are you staying at" thread

I may not be able to sleep anyways but no, I am a light sleeper. My kids are too... but hopefully they will be tired enough that it won't matter. Ah well.. I think I am there during the week anyways. Maybe that will be good then. Are they at least clean? I'll stick with them for the 4 nights and then move elsewhere. Thank you for your feedback on it though :)

You'll be fine. :yes: I've stayed at them all over the UK and they've always been clean and I've never had a problem with noise either.

I have never been to London so I don't know anything about getting around there but I chose a hotel called Custom House Hotel. It's 2.1 km away from the O2 and there is a DLR station close to it. It was rather cheap and has gotten good customer reviews.

It looks and sounds good. :D I was planning on staying at a Hostel but changed my mind.

finally booked it
Corus whatever close to Hyde Park..
they had a really good package on sale at thomascook 4nights with breakfast for 250GBP too cheap but hey..

I will be staying at Ramada Hotel and Suites London Docklands between the 11th and 14th of July. :)

i dont need to stay in a hotel coz i live so near london, but it's my boyfriends 21st so iv treated him to afterparty tickets and a hotel for the night,

we're staying at the travelodge london southwark one. It's £59 a night for clean nice, kingsize bed etc etc. and it's only about 4 or 5 stops on the jubilee line from the o2!

i am staying at the holiday exspress grenwich on the 2nd to the 4th of august if anyone else is staying there let me know vie pm

I booked a room at the Hotel Citystay
now it will be necessary to understand how to reach him from the airport, but I think to take a taxi. How much is a taxi in London?

I was looking at the Antigallican Hotel. They have Double NON-ENS, Double ENSUITE , Twin NON-ENS, Twin ENSUITE rooms etc. What's the difference?

Edit: I decided to not be so lazy and googled it myself. Double=one large bed, Twin= two beds. Ensuite=with bathroom, so I guess non-ens=share bathroom.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Antigallican Hotel. They have Double NON-ENS, Double ENSUITE , Twin NON-ENS, Twin ENSUITE rooms etc. What's the difference?

Edit: I decided to not be so lazy and googled it myself. Double=one large bed, Twin= two beds. Ensuite=with bathroom, so I guess non-ens=share bathroom.

I didn't have a clue either. Never really stayed in a hotel or made the actual booking. I thought go for the cheapest option as long as the place is clean. It's a good location too.
I spent £14 for one night stay in a dorm. Not bad for London. :clapping:

£14? Are you splitting the cost with other people? When I look at the double ensuite it says £60 for one night.

I didn't have a clue either. Never really stayed in a hotel or made the actual booking. I thought go for the cheapest option as long as the place is clean. It's a good location too.
I spent £14 for one night stay in a dorm. Not bad for London. :clapping:

£14? Are you splitting the cost with other people? When I look at the double ensuite it says £60 for one night.

They have rooms with several beds in them too, like a doorm or a hostel, that cost £14/bed and night. It's like a hostel and hotel at the same time in other words. You go for what you prefer and are willing to pay.

£14 per person per night in a dorm. There is option of sharing in a 8 bedroom dorm or 10 bed dorm. When I confirmed the booking over the phone I asked if there were other MJ fans staying, the lady on the phone said its very likely because there are many one night bookings and is normally the case when there is a concert in the O2. I thought book a dorm because might meet some fans.

We went for a cheap hostel as well, it's close to Russel Square...I'm a bit worried though, never stayed in a place like that before, hope we won't have any problems. I'm gonna bring the worst clothes and nothing valuable just in case :smilerolleyes:.

I think l will be staying at The International Hotel. According to the hotels description its about 1.5 km from 02:)

Me & My Friend're staying at Tonys House Hotel
30 Norfolk Sq
London, W2 1RS
UK..

From July 6-17th

Any idea how far that is from the O2 & the fastest way to
getting to and from there by tub & Train??

norfolk square paddington? if so u get the tube.its not really near but wont take for ages 45 mins maybe guessing

at the mo ive booked a little B&B for the july 8th show well its someones house and they rent out their rooms so better than the grotty B&Bs i normally frequent in london lol. just outside of central london 10 mins to central london and 10 mins to chislehust so right i the middle. wanted to cover myself incase mj is staying in chisle so its easy to get to and from. if hes not there then will prob cancel it as there are no fees. or might keep it depending on where mj is as its good access to the 02 aswell. will wait till later on to book places for the other shows. will wait to see where mj is staying

Last edited:
Well, after trying at the Globetrotter Inns, because that's where I stayed last time and loved it, and discovering they don't have rooms for the week I'm staying. (from 22 to 30 of August) I decided, after long thought that the closest I could find in conditions and price was the Smart Russell Square Hotel. I already know where it's located (I even passed by it once not knowing it was a hostel :p ) And I sure hope that the pictures are real.

Has anyone ever stayed in there? What's it like? Anyone is going to stay there that week?
Here's the site if you want to check it out: http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/england/london/38170/

can someone advice me which hotel should i take or hostels? Cheap ones:)

once you find a place just put its name and reviews in google to give u an idea of what its like or look on tripadvisor.com.do your research cause theres a hell of alot of terrible places in london. probably the majority

best thing to do is go to google maps and put the address in of your hotel and the search directions and put the 02 in. it will tell u how far it is to walk to. u will never be stuck theres bus and the undergound and taxis

best thing to do is go to google maps and put the address in of your hotel and the search directions and put the 02 in. it will tell u how far it is to walk to. u will never be stuck theres bus and the undergound and taxis

People should use local live.

http://maps.live.com/

You can change it from roads to aerial and actually sea what it looks like. You can put in an address and it will take you to it plus it will give you directions. If you want to see your house on it you can. I think it is better than google earth.

The only thing I am not sure of is how much computing power you need for it.

Back