The "what hotel are you staying at" thread

Don't worry about the Novotel. I have checked and the transport links look really good. Don't think you'll be able to walk from there though.

It's just worrying me as there are no clippers running for that night. Do you really think it'll be ok to stay in the Novotel?

EDIT: plus there are no buses running from the 02 that night (the 16th July) :(

Does anyone know the Howard winchester hotel in Kings cross?
I have booked there as its near the station but have been told kings cross is not a safe area for women. anyone know if that is true?

Kings Cross isn't too bad, so long as you're careful :) I've never stayed there late at night but the number of times i've been there fairly late with lots of luggage having come straight back from uni...countless. I've never felt particularly nervous there or anything.

its like any area around a big train station. not the greatest but aslong as u look after yourself. used to be a big area for prostitutes lol dunno if thats still the case

I'm staying at Holiday Inn Bloomsbury - it's right next to Russell Sq tube plus you can walk to either Kings Cross Station, Euston Station, Covent Garden or Oxford Street in 15/20mins.

Have stayed their before and is (in the words of Borat) "very niiice".

Plus, I met the cast of Balamory and McFly in there once (seperately (sp) of course) :p

havent got mine sorted out yet but guys be sure to wear your MJ shrts so we can all spot each other :)

yeah the areas fine.mj stayed round the corne from there in 06 for the wma

yeah u will be ok. just take the same precautions u would anywhere. its no worse or better than any major city. just act like u know where u are going and what u are doing even if u dont then its not to obvious u are a tourist lol

FINALLY settled on the Megaro Hotel, near St. Pancras, the location is convenient for me considering I'm taking the Eurostar to Paris...

A deluxe family room, with one king size bed and two single beds for myself, bf, sis and brother, £150 per night, including full english breakfast, seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

http://www.hotelmegaro.co.uk/

I hope it turns out as nice as it looks, don't wanna be dissapointed.

Im staying at the "Astor Court Hotel" Oxford/Regent street.
Anyone knows anything about trains and busses from my hotel to the 02 arena ??

Last edited:
Hey guys.. Because of the date change, I bought one ticket to July 16th show and my mates wouldnt pat viagogo prices.. therefore I have to fly to London alone..

I'm looking for hotels/hostels that are cheapest and closest to the O2 as I dont want to be spending a fortune on cabs..Plus I get lost pretty easily lol

Any recommendations?

I'm looking for hotels/hostels that are cheapest and closest to the O2 as I dont want to be spending a fortune on cabs..Plus I get lost pretty easily lol

Any recommendations?

In London, you could ho anywhere by bus or tube. You don't need to go to an "near-the-O2-hotel" just because. I was there for 2 weeks on 2007 and I didn't need cabs for nothing at all. Just the tube. And I went everywhere.

How much is a tube rid each way? I would like to stay in an area with plenty to do, somewhat close to the O2. I definitely don't want to spend a fortune on cabs/trains/etc as I'll be there Sat. 25 - 29 of July. I also don't want to be staying out near an airport or some other area where its all highway and such nearby. I need a place shop/restaurant/entertainment heavy.

I'm probably purchasing my hotel tomorrow, so any help is appreciated. I'd also like an actual hotel, not some boarding house/room type deal.

Back