Watching This is it with MJJC members in Holland

Okay the latest updates.......

- The premiere event will be at the MustSee in Breda
- The team will also do premiers in Italy and Germany
- There will be a afterparty
- There will be VIPS/ red carpet etc etc.
- There will be international acts

On www.jacksonevent.com you can find all information (new website will be on this weekend)
Why Breda of all places :( Something more central would be a lot better.....

Too far for us unfortunately...thats 3,5 hours to get there and 3,5 hrs to come back, i will not be able to travel that far.

Mayby the northern fans can Make some kind of arrangement with a cinema in a more central place?
Utrecht, Amterdam, Zwolle or Gronignen would all be cool for me.
Amsterdam and Utrecht are pretty easy to get to from everywhere in the country.

Okay the latest updates.......

- The premiere event will be at the MustSee in Breda
- The team will also do premiers in Italy and Germany
- There will be a afterparty
- There will be VIPS/ red carpet etc etc.
- There will be international acts

On www.jacksonevent.com you can find all information (new website will be on this weekend)
Oh nooo! That's so far away again...:( Isn't there a way that it could be held in Amsterdam?
That's much more a place where people can come to (also from overseas), cuz it's also easier to stay there at night.
And I think you could get a lot more attention/VIP's and so on if it's held there!

Yeah Breda isn't a great place for the ppl who live on the north side of Holland.
I'm still considering if I'm going it's 20 minutes longer for me to drive to Breda.

Well, for me nothing is too far for the This Is It film. Holland is very small, so I think nothing is really far. Only from Groningen to Maastricht.

Hmm Breda? Thanks for arranging these things really... but I have to think about it:) Utrecht or A'dam would be better but ok.. we'll see.

Well, for me nothing is too far for the This Is It film. Holland is very small, so I think nothing is really far. Only from Groningen to Maastricht.
Well Rotterdam->Breda is only 30 or so minutes by train, while I have to come from A'dam and it will take me about 2 hrs to get to the Breda station only.... Utrecht would've been more reasonable for most people. About 30 mins from Rotterdam, Amsterdam, Den Bosch etc.

I would prefer a more central place. And with all due respect... Michael deserves a premiere in our Capital. Pathe owns Tuschinski, the most beautiful cinema in the country. Would be great if they would do it there.

Breda is a bit far for me to travel. I more like the idea of some place central like Amsterdam or Uterect. As those places would be the best to hold an michael jackson event for the This Is It Film.

Breda unfortunately is probably a bit too far for me as well...

aww I hate it that a lot of you won't be able to attent now :(
Feels like dat ik jullie blij heb gemaakt met een dooie mus (sorry for my dutch but I don't know how to say this in english :p)

Well for the people who does not want to travel to Breda for whatever reason we can still go together to Utrecht or Amsterdam......then we can still see it together.
Dan is het geen dode mus! Is that an idea?

Shamone people! It's the tiny little Netherlands that we're talking about! Breda is not the end of the world...right? :cheeky:
Ah well, I guess I'm used to driving all across the country!
Count me in! Thanks for organizing this again Thijs! :clapping:

I would prefer a more central place. And with all due respect... Michael deserves a premiere in our Capital. Pathe owns Tuschinski, the most beautiful cinema in the country. Would be great if they would do it there.

.........Fully agree!:D:yes::D
The more central,the more peeps can attend:yes::D:yes:

With all due respect.

I know holland is relatively small but if i travel to Breda i will be away for al least 10 hrs (7 hours travelling plus seeing the movie)
On a friday its hard for me to find a babysitter for my 3 kids for that many hours and i have to take the entire day off from work.
It is really more convenient and cheaper if its being held in Utrecht for me and everyone else in the north, east or west.
For people without a car Utrecht is also easier because it has trains going in all directions.
Besides, since Michael passed away there have been 3 events in the south that i know of and nothing was done in a central or more northern location that i know of.

I would for sure apperciate an alternative location for everyone that cant make it to Breda.

It's not so much the fact that it's far away, but more that I just think it's a way better idea to have something like this organized in Amsterdam.
It's our capital city, I'm sure there will be much more options and also for fans from overseas!
Breda isn't a city much people know, it's in a kind of middle of nowhere.

Thijs, is there any way this can be done?:(

Hey count me in, it think Utrecht is the best spot, or Rotterdam maybe?

Edit; i see its sure its in breda now, it okay, i will come

Last edited:
Well for the people who does not want to travel to Breda for whatever reason we can still go together to Utrecht or Amsterdam......then we can still see it together.
Dan is het geen dode mus! Is that an idea?

of course you can still do that!
and if it's not on the same day as Breda (and if I have a job then) i wouldn't mind seeing it 2 times ;) I love hanging out with other fans :D

From Hengelo, it's 3 hours to drive... ;)

Hi everyone!

I live in Rotterdam, so for me it doesn't really matter where it's gonna be.
And if I have to travel far, I don't really carre, because I'd love to share this with you.
So keep me up to date please where and when we're gonna meet!
I also signed up @ the hyves of mjjc!

By the way, my father ownes a cinema in Gouda and he may get the movie, but he's not sure yet. If he can, maybe we could all go there! :)
It is near to Utrecht, some of you might like that?

Love!

Mabye we first have to wait what Thijs has planned for that day.
It`s great that he does that and if it`s as good as Best it will be worth it, but i can indenken (now idea how you write that in Engelish sorry) that is`t to far away for some people.
But if we know what the plans are everbody can make there plans for coming to Breda or not. It will be strange to see MJ on a big screen performing.....we need a lot of tissues!!

Hi everyone!

I live in Rotterdam, so for me it doesn't really matter where it's gonna be.
And if I have to travel far, I don't really carre, because I'd love to share this with you.
So keep me up to date please where and when we're gonna meet!
I also signed up @ the hyves of mjjc!

By the way, my father ownes a cinema in Gouda and he may get the movie, but he's not sure yet. If he can, maybe we could all go there! :)
It is near to Utrecht, some of you might like that?

Love!

LOL I live in Gouda!

This is a graet idea, but i live in Den Haag and i'm a friend of bull terriers ;)

Utrecht would be more central or Amsterdam is also a great option!

Exactly, especially for the money in this case. I'm still unemployed and i don't have that much money to spend. Breda is quite a distance to drive, so rather Utrecht or Amsterdam.

I don't think there will we made any changes.
This weekend the site will be updated with the info so I guess we'll have to wait for that in order to know more about dates etc.

@janena: OK, didn't think of that. Get your point... ;D
@veuvje: uhmm, "imagine"? :lol:

I think Amsterdam or Utrecht would be great too! I don't mind seeing it twice. Yeah, I do think we will need a loads of tissues! :boohoo:
Oh man, I really hit rock bottom this week after the tribute. This morning seeing a picture of some of Mike's cars that were removed from the house yesterday. And today the funeral... :no: :cry: Makes it so real, it's starting to sink in now... :(

Back