PDA

View Full Version : Oprah to Interview Paris Jackson For A 2nd Time on "Next Chapter" Airing This Summer!

Pages : [1] 2

MsCassieMollie
15-05-2012, 11:32 PM
The family should be ashamed of themselves!

Trailer: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1927705995723

OWN Ambassadors ‏ @OWNAmbassadors
Amazing new shows this summer only on @OWNTV #Nextchapter w/ @CoryBooker, Paris Jackson, @JohnOfGod; are you normal, America; #OurAmerica
5:27 PM - 15 May 12 via web

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m433ofJpBT1qhbsxwo1_400.gif

YouTube link:

@ :09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqMAYM4z4A

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4486wkeWF1r92e5co1_500.jpg

Ashtanga
15-05-2012, 11:36 PM
:wtf: :perrin: :puke: http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/humor/www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif http://www.hornedhalo.org/images/kermit.gif

This is a joke, right???? :unsure: :blink:

MsCassieMollie
15-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Unfortunately it's true Ash, if you click the link above, Oprah is interviewing Paris. :(

Aprilmay
15-05-2012, 11:41 PM
To talk about what? Her movie?

MsCassieMollie
15-05-2012, 11:44 PM

Most likely but Oprah's Next Chapter is usually an hour to two hours and it's usually VERY personal. I don't think Paris will let Oprah interview her for an hour or two to talk about a movie....

Ashtanga
15-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately it's true Ash, if you click the link above, Oprah is interviewing Paris. :(

:no:

Yes... :( All wrong, as usual. Shame!!!! :doh: :puke: After all the events after June 25, this family has lost my respect forever. -_- That's not fair (Murray > :perrin:), Michael should be here for their children. :cry: *big sigh*

Yes.... :fear: :doh: :sigh:

MsCassieMollie
15-05-2012, 11:48 PM
YouTube link:

@ :09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqMAYM4z4A

marebear
15-05-2012, 11:49 PM
I think I am going to cry and that is not a good thing. I just don't understand how this is acceptable. I mean we all know what Oprah thinks of Michael. I feel sick.

MsCassieMollie
15-05-2012, 11:52 PM
I think I am going to cry and that is not a good thing. I just don't understand how this is acceptable. I mean we all know what Oprah thinks of Michael. I feel sick.
I totally agree! Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Ashtanga
15-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Michael is seeing all this. And I'm sure he is not happy with all these events. :no: :cry:

bluetopez
16-05-2012, 12:01 AM
Oh great seems like Katherine kept intouch with O after all. YUK! And seriously how many times can Paris be interviewed for a movie that's not even finished yet? That's if that's what she is there for? Damn can't they just wait until the girl turns 18 or 21 to ask her what they really wanna ask her like the personal ish. SMH

Dammit I thought O retired from doin these interviews already?

Rhilo
16-05-2012, 12:02 AM
Dayum. Say what?

marebear
16-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I know in show business you have to talk to people but when will someone say no not you. Oprah is never held accountable for anything and it's like acceptable what she has done. It's like the family is saying it's okay that she thought Michael hurt children but they will talk to her because it's Oprah. She is not God. There a million other people Paris could talk to.

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Paris doesn't even start filming her movie until the summer! Watch Oprah ask her questions about drugs, allegations, paternity, etc.

Ashtanga
16-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Now, I'm seriously thinking about it: Paris knows what Oprah thinks about her father??? :blink: Oprah should be banned. :perrin: Where is the family? :unsure: Oh, I know, stupid question...... :doh: :sigh:

mj58smooth
16-05-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm just leave this alone.... -_-

loveforever
16-05-2012, 12:28 AM
One nightmare after another. It never end. Lost words!

max000
16-05-2012, 12:30 AM
What's all the fuss about? World war 3 breaks out, every time Paris Jackson courts the media.?

This is what showbiz folks do. Live with it.!!!!

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 12:36 AM
What's all the fuss about? World war 3 breaks out, every time Paris Jackson courts the media.?

I know Paris has to promote her movie and all. But the thing is that Paris hasn't started filming it yet. She needs to focus on school right now & then. The main thing is that why of Oprah of all people? The same woman who believed the allegations and that Michael was a out-of-control junkie? If Paris was gonna be interviewed, it could have been with an actual journalist...

Ashtanga
16-05-2012, 12:36 AM

Yeah....

The only thing I know is that if Michael were here all this shit would not be happening (and much will still happen in the future, believe me). And it hurts to remember that he is not here for their children. But OK... and like you said, live with it.... and let's move on. *big sigh*

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 12:40 AM
My mistake on the thread title. The interview ALREADY happened (most likely in February or March). It will air this summer.

The Brown Gangsta
16-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Well OWN s tanking in the ratings, hopefully they pull the plug before it airs.

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Wonder if Randy will tweet about this just like he did for 2010 interview...

marebear
16-05-2012, 01:04 AM
Get over what? Paris can talk to Ellen, Anderson Cooper, I would not mind if she talked to Rachel Ray even. The problem is Oprah and she is the one that needs to let it go. She knows Michael would not want her talking to Paris. She doesn't care as long as she gets ratings. After this show with Paris airs will the show after be about kids who survived being molested? But that would be just a coincidence right? She should tell her that she interviewed her father once "before the allegations". Make sure she emphasizes "before the allegations". It's important to know that.

max000
16-05-2012, 01:08 AM
I know Paris has to promote her movie and all. But the thing is that Paris hasn't started filming it yet. She needs to focus on school right now & then. The main thing is that why of Oprah of all people? The same woman who believed the allegations and that Michael was a out-of-control junkie? If Paris was gonna be interviewed, it could have been with an actual journalist...

Paris is committed to becoming an actress. Like any upcoming actress she has to put herself out there. You guys, only bring up school when you don't approve. I know oprah is the anti-christ. Good luck finding some one who doesn't think MJ wasn't all those things you mentioned. And where can you find a journalist.?

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 01:28 AM
I think this interview is a home interview. The background looks like their Calabasas home.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/hyppolic/ParisOprah.gif

The Brown Gangsta
16-05-2012, 01:57 AM
i don't see why she has to promote a movie that hasn't been filmed yet, especially when it won't be ready for release for at LEAST a year. All of these unnecessary interviews before having even 1 established project really puts her at a big risk of being pigeon-holed with a "famous for being famous" stigma before her career even begins.

i bet Oprah is counting on 90% of her ratings to come from MJ fans so i hope people think twice before rewarding Oprah for this exploitation.

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Something I found from the web:

Does Oprah hate Michael Jackson (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Oprah_hate_Michael_Jackson)

Does Oprah hate Michael Jackson?

Answer:

YES.

The following are some examples of the shows where Oprah talked about Michael and how she disrespected him through the years.

The day after "Living With Michael Jackson" aired, Oprah's plan was to discuss a different topic, but she couldn't resist talking about Michael. She began by saying, "This show isn't about Michael Jackson but OMG, did y'all see the documentary yesterday?" Then she and her audience talked about Michael for the entire show. She turned straight to the camera and directed a personal message to Michael saying, "Michael, if you were my brother, I'd say to you that it's not appropriate to have kids sleep in your bed." She then urged guests to malign Michael and laughed heartily at their disrespect. She asked several people about their opinions about the trial and Michael, when Michael wasn't even the topic of the show.

-As Randy Jackson has stated, during jury deliberations, she aired a show about pedophilia.

-She had a show about unrelated men who share intimate relationships with one another (a deep closeness, no sex; rather like Oprah's alleged relationship with Gayle) yet continued to insist they were heterosexual. One of the men said he often shared a bed with his friends and Oprah laughed and said, "You're sounding like Michael Jackson."

-Larry King once asked her if she felt sorry for Michael. She smiled slightly before saying, "No." You had to have seen the look on her face. Clearly, she indicated she thought Michael was guilty.

-She had Chris Rock on her show for his movie "I Think I Love My Wife" where she pointed out and played a scene where the main characters (all black) discuss (and insult) Michael, his father and his case. After that, she asked her audience, "Do white people do this?" Later she egged Chris Rock on and let him crack some jokes about Michael and wanted more jokes but Chris Rock eventually stopped and said something like, "This trial is bigger than we think; there's so much more behind it."

-During her interview with Lisa Marie Presley, she pondered if Michael used LMP and joined LMP in her belief that Michael took advantage of LMP's tendency to feel sorry for the misunderstood. Winfrey claimed she was the same way and that Michael "sucks you in" with his "I'm so misunderstood" thing.

-On an episode about Body Dysmorphic Disorder (an emotional disorder that makes average looking people feel they are grotesquely ugly) Winfrey stated, after quickly pointing out that she interviewed Michael before his "sexual abuse problems," that before the interview, Michael insisted on controlling the editing. Of course, Winfrey also insisted on controlling the editing and wasn't going to give way to Michael's request. While going through childhood photos, she said Michael kept hiding his face and saying, "Oh, I'm so ugly." Winfrey says she didn't know if he was serious about that or if it was a tactic to get her to relinquish control of the editing. She showed a picture of Michael at 14 stating that she thought he looked "fine this way;" then compared a professional photo of 14-year-old Michael to a news photo of Michael during the trial--amid "eews" from her audience. She said she thought he must have BDD.

-About the Body Dysmorphic Disorder episode, Oprah had another show about a woman who had been diagnosed with this very disorder. The guest was obsessed with cosmetic surgery and must have had over a dozen procedures done to her entire body. In her video segment, the guest said she liked Michael's small nose and various other body parts of other celebrities. Then the guest went on to talk about everything she had tucked and raised and cinched and so on to achieve these looks she so admired, not to mention the regular visits for Botox injections. After the video of these celebrities, the guest zeroed in on her admiration of Michael's nose. "You like Michael Jackson's nose?" Winfrey asked incredulously. Winfrey didn't mention any other celebrity.

-Another episode of Oprah's show dealt with show business parents. One father said he admired the Jacksons and wished for his entertainer children to be just like them. Oprah looked appalled and turned to her sidekick therapist "Dr. Robin" to ask Dr. Robin to talk sense to this man. Dr Robin then told how wrong he was because one of the Jacksons is obviously "struggling" and he shouldn't want his children to end up like Michael.

-Oprah once had a slumber party with a bunch of little girls at her house and promoted it all over her show as though it were the best thing in the world. This was after she had said "she would never put herself in a vulnerable situation like Michael Jackson had done with kids." Apparently, it's acceptable for Oprah to be in a room with little girls in their beds, playing and talking, but not for Michael Jackson, whose "bedroom" was as big as most people's houses.

-She also chastised Michael when Jon Stewart was on her show talking about him dancing on top of his SUV. Stewart called him an idiot while she said that she heard--heard, not confirmed--that Michael compared himself to Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela and she thought that was wrong. She didn't state where she heard this yet we all know she was talking about the Jesse Jackson interview. Obviously, Oprah didn't bother to listen to the Jesse Jackson interview; otherwise, she would have known that wasn't what Michael said.

Silouette
16-05-2012, 02:15 AM
My mistake on the thread title. The interview ALREADY happened (most likely in February or March). It will air this summer.
Whaaaaat?! And fans didn't know about it? Lol
J/k

Ashtanga
16-05-2012, 02:18 AM
Something I found from the web:

Does Oprah hate Michael Jackson (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Oprah_hate_Michael_Jackson)

Does Oprah hate Michael Jackson?

Answer:

YES.

The following are some examples of the shows where Oprah talked about Michael and how she disrespected him through the years.

The day after "Living With Michael Jackson" aired, Oprah's plan was to discuss a different topic, but she couldn't resist talking about Michael. She began by saying, "This show isn't about Michael Jackson but OMG, did y'all see the documentary yesterday?" Then she and her audience talked about Michael for the entire show. She turned straight to the camera and directed a personal message to Michael saying, "Michael, if you were my brother, I'd say to you that it's not appropriate to have kids sleep in your bed." She then urged guests to malign Michael and laughed heartily at their disrespect. She asked several people about their opinions about the trial and Michael, when Michael wasn't even the topic of the show.

-As Randy Jackson has stated, during jury deliberations, she aired a show about pedophilia.

-She had a show about unrelated men who share intimate relationships with one another (a deep closeness, no sex; rather like Oprah's alleged relationship with Gayle) yet continued to insist they were heterosexual. One of the men said he often shared a bed with his friends and Oprah laughed and said, "You're sounding like Michael Jackson."

-Larry King once asked her if she felt sorry for Michael. She smiled slightly before saying, "No." You had to have seen the look on her face. Clearly, she indicated she thought Michael was guilty.

-She had Chris Rock on her show for his movie "I Think I Love My Wife" where she pointed out and played a scene where the main characters (all black) discuss (and insult) Michael, his father and his case. After that, she asked her audience, "Do white people do this?" Later she egged Chris Rock on and let him crack some jokes about Michael and wanted more jokes but Chris Rock eventually stopped and said something like, "This trial is bigger than we think; there's so much more behind it."

-During her interview with Lisa Marie Presley, she pondered if Michael used LMP and joined LMP in her belief that Michael took advantage of LMP's tendency to feel sorry for the misunderstood. Winfrey claimed she was the same way and that Michael "sucks you in" with his "I'm so misunderstood" thing.

-On an episode about Body Dysmorphic Disorder (an emotional disorder that makes average looking people feel they are grotesquely ugly) Winfrey stated, after quickly pointing out that she interviewed Michael before his "sexual abuse problems," that before the interview, Michael insisted on controlling the editing. Of course, Winfrey also insisted on controlling the editing and wasn't going to give way to Michael's request. While going through childhood photos, she said Michael kept hiding his face and saying, "Oh, I'm so ugly." Winfrey says she didn't know if he was serious about that or if it was a tactic to get her to relinquish control of the editing. She showed a picture of Michael at 14 stating that she thought he looked "fine this way;" then compared a professional photo of 14-year-old Michael to a news photo of Michael during the trial--amid "eews" from her audience. She said she thought he must have BDD.

-About the Body Dysmorphic Disorder episode, Oprah had another show about a woman who had been diagnosed with this very disorder. The guest was obsessed with cosmetic surgery and must have had over a dozen procedures done to her entire body. In her video segment, the guest said she liked Michael's small nose and various other body parts of other celebrities. Then the guest went on to talk about everything she had tucked and raised and cinched and so on to achieve these looks she so admired, not to mention the regular visits for Botox injections. After the video of these celebrities, the guest zeroed in on her admiration of Michael's nose. "You like Michael Jackson's nose?" Winfrey asked incredulously. Winfrey didn't mention any other celebrity.

-Another episode of Oprah's show dealt with show business parents. One father said he admired the Jacksons and wished for his entertainer children to be just like them. Oprah looked appalled and turned to her sidekick therapist "Dr. Robin" to ask Dr. Robin to talk sense to this man. Dr Robin then told how wrong he was because one of the Jacksons is obviously "struggling" and he shouldn't want his children to end up like Michael.

-Oprah once had a slumber party with a bunch of little girls at her house and promoted it all over her show as though it were the best thing in the world. This was after she had said "she would never put herself in a vulnerable situation like Michael Jackson had done with kids." Apparently, it's acceptable for Oprah to be in a room with little girls in their beds, playing and talking, but not for Michael Jackson, whose "bedroom" was as big as most people's houses.

-She also chastised Michael when Jon Stewart was on her show talking about him dancing on top of his SUV. Stewart called him an idiot while she said that she heard--heard, not confirmed--that Michael compared himself to Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela and she thought that was wrong. She didn't state where she heard this yet we all know she was talking about the Jesse Jackson interview. Obviously, Oprah didn't bother to listen to the Jesse Jackson interview; otherwise, she would have known that wasn't what Michael said.

I remember all these events.... :( Thanks for posting this! We can not forget these things!!!!

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 02:24 AM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/hyppolic/rveg.jpg

marebear
16-05-2012, 02:53 AM
Does anyone see a picture of Michael there or is it just me?

I hope everything goes well for Paris. It's just seeing her with Oprah makes my skin crawl. I feel the same if she was talking to Howard Sterm, Martin bashir or Diane Diamond. As shown above Oprah thinks the worst of Michael and to see her with his daughter like that feels disrespectful to Michael. It's like saying it's okay what she has done and said. It's my opiniononly and no one has to agree with me. It just doesn't look or feel right. We have no say in who Paris talks to. It's just where is the limit or the line drawn?

Silouette
16-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Isn't that deprivation of character if it went down just like that? In front of millions of viewers?

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Since 'Oprah's Next Chapter' is based On Oprah visting homes & other places to interview the famous people, we usually have friends, family & colleagues of those celebs on the show as well.

So Katherine, Blanket, and or Prince will most likely make an appearance.

Ashtanga
16-05-2012, 03:53 AM
So Katherine, Blanket, and or Prince will most likely make an appearance.

:fear: *big sigh*

MJsBollywoodGirl7
16-05-2012, 04:00 AM
I had predicted this in a nightmare about this happening over a year ago. So I am not surprise at all about this.

Petrarose
16-05-2012, 04:11 AM
Guys I think you all should slacken your attachments to Paris a little. She is growing up and wants to be an actress. She will go after shows where she will be exposed, so like the uncles and aunts she will seek out all the big TV programs. Keep your attachments to Michael and do not transfer it on to these kids because you will be hurt. I am not saying that you should not like them or wish them success, but do not think that because Michael will not do a certain thing that the kids will not do it either. If you think like that you will become disappointed and get hurt.

You cannot blame the family, because they as well seek out these people when they want to sell something. Further, she lives in the world of Jacksons and friends and are influenced by them. The only thing you can hope for is that she learns about her father's tribulations from the correct information that we have at our disposal, so that if Oprah asks her about daddy in that context, she will speak about him with more zeal and correctness than her uncles did on Piers.

Believe me I have set a distance between my feelings for Michael and those of his kids, and as a result what Paris does, does not alarm me in the least. I simply wish her luck and move on.

marebear
16-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Maybe I am crazy or something is wrong with me but doesn't anyone in the family feel bothered that Oprah thinks Michael is a child molester? I just don't understand this at all. I would not be able to sit with her, laugh with her or hug her like I have seen them do and i never met Michael. I just don' get it. The whole this is show business reasoning is not enough for me.

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Guys I think you all should slacken your attachments to Paris a little. She is growing up and wants to be an actress. She will go after shows where she will be exposed, so like the uncles and aunts she will seek out all the big TV programs. Keep your attachments to Michael and do not transfer it on to these kids because you will be hurt. I am not saying that you should not like them or wish them success, but do not think that because Michael will not do a certain thing that the kids will not do it either. If you think like that you will become disappointed and get hurt.

You cannot blame the family, because they as well seek out these people when they want to sell something. Further, she lives in the world of Jacksons and friends and are influenced by them. The only thing you can hope for is that she learns about her father's tribulations from the correct information that we have at our disposal, so that if Oprah asks her about daddy in that context, she will speak about him with more zeal and correctness than her uncles did on Piers.

Believe me I have set a distance between my feelings for Michael and those of his kids, and as a result what Paris does, does not alarm me in the least. I simply wish her luck and move on.
I think you right. I think since MJ died especially leaving behind three vulnerable young babies (especially after Paris heartbreaking words at the memorial). Lot so fans became attached to them. We are just concerned for PPB. They are beautiful kids and so vulnerable right now. I think we just want to protect them from all the negativity surrounding them & their father

You're right though. I'm a Michael Jackson fan only not his kids. I do wish Paris and her brothers the best.

bluetopez
16-05-2012, 04:23 AM
For me is not being attached to the kids. I wish them well and really like them. I will be a fan if and when they actually have a career and a good one, not because their Michaels. So my annoyance comes from them being used to get info about MJ or selling things in the name of their father by others. MJ in death is still being used and I don't like it, even less when minors who he protected are the target! Until they turn into adults is when we shall all see if things will change. I hope so?

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 04:25 AM
For me is not being attached to the kids. I wish them well and really like them. I will be a fan if and when they actually have a career and a good one, not because their Michaels. So my annoyance comes from them being use to get info about or selling things in the name of their father. MJ in death is still being used and I don't like it, even less when minors who protected are the target!
Especially since the interview is with Oprah for the 2nd time!

Petrarose
16-05-2012, 04:27 AM
I think you right. I think since MJ died especially leaving behind three vulnerable young babies (especially after Paris heartbreaking words at the memorial). Lot so fans became attached to them. We are just concerned for PPB. They are beautiful kids and so vulnerable right now. I think we just want to protect them.

You're right though. I'm a Michael Jackson fan only not his kids. I do wish Paris and her brothers the best.

Cassie I understand you. I know they were small and we thought of them as his little babies, but they are big now with minds of their own. They want to be accepted, just like their uncles wanted to be accepted by the masses. I do not even think Paris knows the extent of what Oprah did, but she must know something, and still goes there. That shows you what you can expect from here in the future, so let it be.

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 04:28 AM
Oprah tweets & she met with Katherine recently..

https://twitter.com/#!/Oprah

Jr ‏ @audacityhope12
@Oprah have you visited Mrs. Jackson since the Oprah Show interview? I remember her inviting you to come back.

14 May Oprah Winfrey ‏ @Oprah
@audacityhope12 yes, saw her recently did an interview with Paris for #nextchapter
4:45 PM - 14 May 12 via Twitter for iPhone

marebear
16-05-2012, 04:31 AM
I don't think it is right. I am not going to watch it.

Petrarose
16-05-2012, 04:33 AM
For me is not being attached to the kids. I wish them well and really like them. I will be a fan if and when they actually have a career and a good one, not because their Michaels. So my annoyance comes from them being used to get info about MJ or selling things in the name of their father by others. MJ in death is still being used and I don't like it, even less when minors who he protected are the target! Until they turn into adults is when we shall all see if things will change. I hope so?

But Blue don't you see it is because you feel a certain attachment to these kids of Michael's that you feel the way you do? According to you, you are concerned that they are being used to get information about Michael. This happens because you have some attachment to them. It is best not to have strong expectations of where Paris should go or what she should do, because one day she will go somewhere or do something that you think is against Michael's wishes and then you will be having the same feelings you have now. I say this with L.O.V.E.

bluetopez
16-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Yea I get u. But, for example if the kids were talkin about Jermiane I could careless. But, it's Michael. And my concern is his rep with people like O askin the same ol same ol questions to anyone not just his kids.

Ashtanga
16-05-2012, 04:39 AM

We love PPB. :heart: And we want Paris to be successful in what it wants to follow... being an actress or anything else. We're rooting for her and her brothers, always. BUT the big problem here is people who are around her and her brothers. :fear: :( How not to worry? Look all events after June 25.... Look the posture of the family... :unsure: :wtf: :doh:

If Michael were here beside their children, we would not be worried and discussing about it. :nono: Fact! -_- But Michael is not here... :cry: It is true that we can not do anything, fact. Just pray to God to take care of them (PPB) forever and they never forget what Michael taught to them. :pray:

OK.... We will let life go your way, just that. :( I hate every day to remember that Michael is not here for their children. :no: It hurts so much... And it will hurt forever. :cry: *big sigh*

Oprah tweets & she met with Katherine recently..

Jr ‏ @audacityhope12
@Oprah have you visited Mrs. Jackson since the Oprah Show interview? I remember her inviting you to come back.

14 May Oprah Winfrey ‏ @Oprah
@audacityhope12 yes, saw her recently did an interview with Paris for #nextchapter
4:45 PM - 14 May 12 via Twitter for iPhone

:puke: http://i55.tinypic.com/angfw5.gif

Oprah, go to hell!!!! :perrin: :pth:

I know they were small and we thought of them as his little babies, but they are big now with minds of their own.

But they are not adults and still can not make decisions for themselves....

Petrarose
16-05-2012, 04:55 AM
Yea I get u. But, for example if the kids were talkin about Jermiane I could careless. But, it's Michael. And my concern is his rep with people like O askin the same ol same ol questions to anyone not just his kids.

I understand.

Ash I get what you are saying--that they are not adults. However, she is being allowed to make these decisions and the patterns show that this is the trend under grandma's authority. Therefore, we have to step back.

earthlyme
16-05-2012, 05:00 AM
:ermm:

yanmjj
16-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Since 'Oprah's Next Chapter' is based On Oprah visting homes & other places to interview the famous people, we usually have friends, family & colleagues of those celebs on the show as well.

So Katherine,. Blanket, and or Prince will most likely make an appearance

Blanket, and or Prince will most likely make an appearance

OH, please dont happen
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marebear
16-05-2012, 05:03 AM
I didn't like when Janet went on Oprah, Jackie and then Katherine. To me it doesn't matter which Jackson it is. Oprah tried to shame Michael over and over again. If they want to turn away from that for their careers or whatever and embrace her that is their choice. I don't support that. I support Michael. I will always wish Paris and her brothers the best and a happy life and that is what their father would want for them.

Ashtanga
16-05-2012, 05:06 AM
I understand.

Ash I get what you are saying--that they are not adults. However, she is being allowed to make these decisions and the patterns show that this is the trend under grandma's authority. Therefore, we have to step back.

Yes, this is a big problem. The scenario is very scary. :fear: If Michael were here beside their children, guiding them, things would be completely different. We'd be completely safe on PPB. -_- We would not be seeing these crazy events. :crazy: :wtf: And I do not trust in the family... :nono: -_-

Acafan
16-05-2012, 05:37 AM

It's great advice. But fans loved Michael, and he loved his children. I think some people want to see that one of the few things in life that was sacred to him - his kids - remains protected. For his sake, his memory. And they are not. Hence the sadness.

Kingofpop4ever3000
16-05-2012, 05:54 AM
It's great advice. But fans loved Michael, and he loved his children. I think some people want to see that one of the few things in life that was sacred to him - his kids - remains protected.

I agree. I still have not forgotten the negative hoopla that happened all over the media and the internet when Paris was on "Ellen" last year and was talking about the times when she and her brothers were wearing masks in public. All she said was that she used to wonder why she had to wear a mask. And all heck broke loose with disgusting comments about Michael showing up all over the internet. That's why I don't like it whenever I hear that any of the Jacksons are going to be interviewed. Because after the interview airs, there is almost always a frenzy of negativity about Michael (yet again).

MJsBollywoodGirl7
16-05-2012, 06:42 AM
I don't think it is right. I am not going to watch it.

Same here marebear.

Vici
16-05-2012, 07:36 AM
She knows Michael would not want her talking to Paris. She doesn't care as long as she gets ratings.

Oprah knows!! She aired the "behind-the-scenes-footages" from last time she interviewed Kat and the kids and she said she was concerned about interiewing the kids knowing what MJ feels and she didnt want his ghost to visit her during the nights.

Maybe I am crazy or something is wrong with me but doesn't anyone in the family feel bothered that Oprah thinks Michael is a child molester? I just don't understand this at all. I would not be able to sit with her, laugh with her or hug her like I have seen them do and i never met Michael. I just don' get it. The whole this is show business reasoning is not enough for me.

Well Randy did tweet how MJ would never want his children around someone like Oprah and Taj also said they "family knows what Oprah did/said" but according to him, it's a great platform to show the real Michael...

Member Service
16-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Guys, I can not echo Petrarose's sentiments more so.

We simply have to adjust to what is now or you for eternity will be spinning in circles.

Paris is not Michael and is not a replacement for him to transferring your love from the being of Michael to Paris will only ever hurt you all over and over.

By golly Paris will make mistakes, she is young and has to learn life.

I ask you all to back of poor Paris let her be let her follow her own path away from what we were all used to when Michael was here as I know its hard to accept and say but he is not, and that my dears is something we have to come to terms with.

All for love of course.

mj58smooth
16-05-2012, 11:46 AM

We simply have to adjust to what is now or you for eternity will be spinning in circles.

Paris is not Michael and is not a replacement for him to transferring your love from the being of Michael to Paris will only ever hurt you all over and over.

I ask you all to back of poor Paris let her be let her follow her own path away from what we were all used to when Michael was here as I know its hard to accept and say but he is not, and that my dears is something we have to come to terms with.

All for love of course.

:yes:

soulmum
16-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Unfortunately Paris and her siblings will always help with ratings, I guess we have to get used to it. Not like it but accept it I suppose.

goldiee
16-05-2012, 03:32 PM
When I was younger than Paris, I never let anyone disrespect my father nor would I deal with anyone else like that but like the old saying goes, a hard head makes a soft behind.

I understand what you're saying Petrarose but it just hurts to see what Michael worked so hard to instill in his children thrown away so early and his wishes so clearly disregarded.

They don't have to talk to Oprah to make it in show business. The only thing they really need to do is give people some good entertainment and the fans and the acclaim and the money will come.

marebear
16-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Oprah knows!! She aired the "behind-the-scenes-footages" from last time she interviewed Kat and the kids and she said she was concerned about interiewing the kids knowing what MJ feels and she didnt want his ghost to visit her during the nights.

Well Randy did tweet how MJ would never want his children around someone like Oprah and Taj also said they "family knows what Oprah did/said" but according to him, it's a great platform to show the real Michael...

She knows. Oprah doesn't want to know the real Michael. She just cares about ratings. If Paris or her brothers want to get into show business there will magazine and tv interviews etc. Not everyone will love Michael or will be a fan of his. That's fine. I never push that on anybody. Some people you don't really know what they think of Michael. But Oprah made it painfully obvious what she thought and I think his family giving her the time of day is wrong. There are lots of other platforms to use. I am not projecting anything on Paris. I am only thinking of Michael and I guess my bad is thinking letting his daughter be interviewed by someone who thinks he is a child molester not right.

love is magical
16-05-2012, 04:30 PM
When I was younger than Paris, I never let anyone disrespect my father nor would I deal with anyone else like that but like the old saying goes, a hard head makes a soft behind.

I understand what you're saying Petrarose but it just hurts to see what Michael worked so hard to instill in his children thrown away so early and his wishes so clearly disregarded.

They don't have to talk to Oprah to make it in show business. The only thing they really need to do is give people some good entertainment and the fans and the acclaim and the money will come.

But, Paris has never disrespected her father, or anyone, has she? None of us know what this interview is about yet. All we know is that she talked to Oprah. Is it too premature to see this as a betrayal?

I understand fans' concerns. We want Paris to be successful and healthy. However, we have to keep in mind none of us here has any personal interaction with Paris. We feel we know the children, but we don't. How do we know the values Michael instilled in the children are being thrown away? In many regards, what Paris is doing is no different than many other teenagers her age. She's growing up. Like Gaz said, she will make mistakes, just like any one of us. We have to stop scrutinize every one of her moves. Just let her be.

I echo Petrarose's sentiment. We have to keep a distance. We can't expect the children to be exactly what Michael wanted them to be. I don't think I'm exactly the way my mom wanted me to be. Nonetheless, she still loves me. It's reality. Moreover, we'll never understand Paris' challenges. None of us here is the daughter of the most famous man in the world.

The children have no responsibility to answer to their father's fans. They have their own lifes to live. They have their own dreams to pursue.

MsCassieMollie
16-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Blanket, and or Prince will most likely make an appearance

OH, please dont happen
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might happen since this interview took place at their Calabasas home.

Bonnie Blue
16-05-2012, 04:58 PM
It's kind of hard for people not to scrutinise and to keep their distance when paris is going on hour long tv interviews, that's the whole issue about the dangers of media exposure - there are negatives as well as positives and she'll unfortunately have to be prepared for that.

Guys I think you all should slacken your attachments to Paris a little. She is growing up and wants to be an actress. She will go after shows where she will be exposed, so like the uncles and aunts she will seek out all the big TV programs.

I understand the point you were making in your post, petrarose, about not letting what the children do affect us personally, but this is what i find really irritating about this 2nd oprah interview. It's not a big prog with high ratings, oprah is struggling on a network that might get the plug pulled. So she's callling in favours from her famous friends and contacts to land big interviews. And who obliges - the jacksons of all people! It's clear as day that oprah thinks mj is a child m*lestor, that he was abused by his parents, and she has shown no compassion whatsoever for mj, not even releasing a statement when he died, and yet the family think paris should do oprah a favour by giving her a high rated prog? At least with bobby christina whitney's interview, oprah had been a friend to whitney. Sorry, but to me the jackson family don't seem to have any self respect.

love is magical
16-05-2012, 05:14 PM
It's kind of hard for people not to scrutinise and to keep their distance when paris is going on hour long tv interviews, that's the whole issue about the dangers of media exposure - there are negatives as well as positives and she'll unfortunately have to be prepared for that.

I understand the point you were making in your post, petrarose, about not letting what the children do affect us personally, but this is what i find really irritating about this 2nd oprah interview. It's not a big prog with high ratings, oprah is struggling on a network that might get the plug pulled. So she's callling in favours from her famous friends and contacts to land big interviews. And who obliges - the jacksons of all people! It's clear as day that oprah thinks mj is a child m*lestor, that he was abused by his parents, and she has shown no compassion whatsoever for him, and yet the family think paris should do oprah a favour by giving her a high rated prog? Sorry, but to me the family don't seem to have any self respect.

Well yes... OWN is failing. But, many A-listers were on Oprah's Next Chapter. Lady Gaga and Steve Tylor were on the program once. Like it or not, Oprah is still very influential. Let me be clear here. I'm never a fan of Oprah. I don't care what she has to say and have never understood her appeal. But, I'd be in denial if I say she's nobody, even if OWN flops.

I totally see what Oprah's positions on the child abuse allegations prior to Michael's death. What I can't say for sure is whether her position has changed after talking to Katherine and the children. Has her view evolved? I don't know. May be she has changed her view. May be she hasn't. May be it's solely an attempt for high ratings.

Many people who belived the worst have since changed their opinions after researching details of Michael after his passing. Do we consider those people haters and fake forever? Or, we move on and say it's better late than never.

It really pains me to think about what Michael had to deal with in life. The level of injustice, bias and jealousy against him was appalling. But, what happened in the past cannot be changed. We can only hope that more people will see the truth and come to a different conclusion.

Bonnie Blue
16-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, i would love anyone to come out and say they've changed their minds about mj, inc oprah as they can influence people. Glen beck i believe has said he doesn't belive the arvizo case anymore. But unless these public figures say so publically, i'm not interested and i don't see oprah saying anything about a change of heart after the previous 2010 interview.

Also oprah is only as influential as the people who watch her show surely and it's the fact her ratings are so low means it's paris doing her a favour rather than the other way round. If you mean oprah being influential as a personality in the media and political worlds, well i still think it's humiliating to try and win her 'approval' and try and suck up to her, there are others in the media world who treated mj with more respect. [Anyway, last i heard michelle banned oprah from the white house for 'being fat'! It's not just mj who gets bad publicity.]

StellaJackson
16-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Hopefully she will speak out against the Cascio tracks again.

marebear
16-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't believe she has changed her opinion of Michael. He is gone so she has total access to his family and his children because they allow it. So if anyone from the family goes on Howard Stern or talk to Martin Bashir that's okay too then? It's a platform for them to promote whatever. Last year everyone had a huge problem with KISS performing on the concert. The family allowed it and if it wasn't for fans complaining they would have performed even though they think Michael hurt children. I don't understand how one thing is okay and the other isn't. They all think the same of Michael.

AngieJ
16-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Just puts a bad taste in your mouth. What Lilly Collins and Zoe Kravitz do is promotion. What's being done with Paris is just her unnecessarily being put out there.

Do you live in a cave or something? Do you not notice that you don't see other celeb kids with acting careers this overexposed? And these kids, unlike Paris are in high profile studio films. We don't see the kids from Spielberg's latest film this overexposed, but we see Paris all the time?

Paris78
16-05-2012, 06:21 PM

All for love of course.

Agree..also let's wait and see, what the interview will bring...until now the kids didn't do anything, that would really bother me.

OnirMJ
16-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Paris is not a little kid anymore. I blame her for doing this, and of course the Jacksons. But I think they didn't force her to do that. She wants to be on TV, she wants to be some kind of a teen star (like her new friends Justin Bieber, Will Smith kids or her idol Chris Brown), she likes the attention that she is recieving. She has her twitter, she has access to youtube, she could have done a little research about that woman before doing that show. Did she do that and decide to do that interview anyway?? There are numerous clips on youtube where Oprah is making fun of Michael and adding disgusting comments about him. What's next, interview with Martin Bashir?

Only good thing that can come out from this is if Paris talk publicly against Eddie Cascio and the fake songs, but I doubt that that will happen. I think that she's under a bad influence from LaToya and that she doesn't even know which songs are fake and which are not. Maybe she didn't even listen the whole album (like her aunt). Imagine if she starts talking about that and say that Hollywood Tonight is not her "daddy". That would be a disaster.

Courtney
16-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Uh oh...Chances are she'll maybe ask a little about the movie. But I'm betting at the least 95% of the interview will be about Michael. What will a 13 year old girl have to talk about personally for two hours? Let me rephrase that: What would Michael Jackson's 13 year old daugther have to talk about for two hours? Hmm.This is a shame but Michael knows what is going on, I believe. I also believe he is guiding Paris in every which way. He is here for her. I just can't believe the family let's this stuff happen.

StellaJackson
16-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Uh oh...Chances are she'll maybe ask a little about the movie. But I'm betting at the least 95% of the interview will be about Michael. What will a 13 year old girl have to talk about personally for two hours? Let me rephrase that: What would Michael Jackson's 13 year old daugther have to talk about for two hours? Hmm.This is a shame but Michael knows what is going on, I believe. I also believe he is guiding Paris in every which way. He is here for her. I just can't believe the family let's this stuff happen.

How is he guiding her exactly?

bluetopez
16-05-2012, 11:31 PM
The interview is guided towards MJ fans so to not get bothered by it is hard to ask. It's not like Paris has her own fans from her own career that will have people tuneing in. She is famous right now just for being MJs kid, we all know that. All I hope is we don't have another episode of Joe wondering about. Also cousins and associates of the Jacksons trying to get their 15min of fame and hoggin O for pics and her autograph like last time. Which was shown behind the scenes and was straight up embarassing to watch. That's why it's hard to believe that members of the family had issues with O interviewing the kids the first time around like Taj said. Because the ass kissin displayed they showed O said another story! -_- And it's happening again by granting her another interview!

mj58smooth
17-05-2012, 12:03 AM

She's 14 now.

marebear
17-05-2012, 01:20 AM
The interview is guided towards MJ fans so to not get bothered by it is hard to ask. It's not like Paris has her own fans from her own career that will have people tuneing in. She is famous right now just for being MJs kid, we all know that. All I hope is we don't have another episode of Joe wondering about. Also cousins and associates of the Jacksons trying to get their 15min of fame and hoggin O for pics and her autograph like last time. Which was shown behind the scenes and was straight up embarassing to watch. That's why it's hard to believe that members of the family had issues with O interviewing the kids the first time around like Taj said. Because the ass kissin displayed they showed O said another story! -_- And it's happening again by granting her another interview!

That's what they did? It just shows that to them it's okay how she treated Michael. They know yet they embrace her. They get attention from Oprah. That makes no sense to me at all. The it's showbusiness argument doesn't work for me.

Snow White luvs Peter Pan
17-05-2012, 01:21 AM
Can't she just leave Michael's children alone! :mad:
Isn't Paris or the rest of the family aweare how disrespectful and bitchy she has been towards Michael!? :thinking:

MJnVA
17-05-2012, 01:22 AM
Ophah put her "hooks" into these children in last interview. Now her goal is to be "pals" with them.

I'll bet you anything once they turn 18, she will be asking VERY personal questions about their relationship with their father.

Aquarius
17-05-2012, 01:52 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, i would love anyone to come out and say they've changed their minds about mj, inc oprah as they can influence people. Glen beck i believe has said he doesn't belive the arvizo case anymore. But unless these public figures say so publically, i'm not interested and i don't see oprah saying anything about a change of heart after the previous 2010 interview.

Also oprah is only as influential as the people who watch her show surely and it's the fact her ratings are so low means it's paris doing her a favour rather than the other way round. If you mean oprah being influential as a personality in the media and political worlds, well i still think it's humiliating to try and win her 'approval' and try and suck up to her, there are others in the media world who treated mj with more respect. [Anyway, last i heard michelle banned oprah from the white house for 'being fat'! It's not just mj who gets bad publicity.]

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with Paris going on tv to promote her future career, but being interviewed by a person who insinuated her father was a ............... is kind of a blow to Michael. I don't think Paris means that way but she should do some research on the interviewer before a sit down. Now if she knows what O insinuated & how she made fun of her father and still wants to go, then i think her future career, at this time, it's more important. Also if she's surrounded by people who had sat with O, then probably she might think that's ok. I wish Paris the best &hope her & her brother's dreams come true.

MsCassieMollie
17-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Imagine if Oprah aired this interview on or around the Michael's 3rd anniversary of his death.

17-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Imagine if Oprah aired this interview on or around the Michael's 3rd anniversary of his death.

It'd make me hate her even more but it wouldn't surprise me if she does that! She's SOOOO capable of doing it and more!

bluetopez
17-05-2012, 06:17 AM
That's what they did? It just shows that to them it's okay how she treated Michael. They know yet they embrace her. They get attention from Oprah. That makes no sense to me at all. The it's showbusiness argument doesn't work for me. Yes, it was a behind the scenes special about how they got an the interview with Katherine...but, most imortantly MJ kids. And how desperate O and her staff was too get the kids and without the kids they pretty much did not want that interview. The kids were the GOAL! When they finally got the news they got the kids two women from O staff startin cryin. O_o

In the behind the scenes O and her staff clearly were annoyed by Joe even being there. They looked creeped out by him litterally! O even said she was not there to interview him and she also was surprised by the amount of people that were invited in the house by the Jacksons just because she was there and who were all tryin o get her attention. Her staff wanted to get her out a soon as possible. So in no way were the Jacksons in my opinion even concern over O's negativity towards MJ. They were OVER F*CKIN thrilled this women was in their home! <_<

But, u know what creeps me out is the amount of time I'm sure O has spent with Paris preparing for this new interview. It's clear Katherine stayed in contact with this womwn. SMH

Alayasha
17-05-2012, 06:43 AM
@Bluetopez, staffers from the Oprah show literally cried when they found out Oprah could interview the kids? How odd, did they explain why they cried?

Bubs
17-05-2012, 07:17 AM
@Bluetopez, staffers from the Oprah show literally cried when they found out Oprah could interview the kids? How odd, did they explain why they cried?

Probably because of this:
Michael Jackson's Kids Among Barbara Walters' 'Most Fascinating People
ABC says Walters' upcoming special, "The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009," will include a profile of the late King of Pop's kids: Paris, Prince Michael and Prince Michael II (known as Blanket).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hype around then hasn't died down, they still are fascinating, so of course Oprah's staff are happy that Oprah got them to her program.

la_cienega
17-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Ophah put her "hooks" into these children in last interview. Now her goal is to be "pals" with them.

I'll bet you anything once they turn 18, she will be asking VERY personal questions about their relationship with their father.

You really think she's going to wait until she's 18? If Oprah doesn't tick one of these boxes: paternity, allegations, drugs, then I'll be amazed, I can't see any other point in Oprah wanting to speak to her. She doesn't want to hear about MJ being normal or being a good father. She wants to be the first one to get the scoop on those specific things. Oh and maybe Michael's plastic surgery too, you know, just anything about the "freakshow" factor about MJ that everyone wants to hit the headlines with. I expect to see Oprah acting sympathetic that poor Paris had to have a father like that.

Yes, it was a behind the scenes special about how they got an the interview with Katherine...but, most imortantly MJ kids. And how desperate O and her staff was too get the kids and without the kids they pretty much did not want that interview. The kids were the GOAL! When they finally got the news they got the kids two women from O staff startin cryin. O_o

In the behind the scenes O and her staff clearly were annoyed by Joe even being there. They looked creeped out by him litterally! O even said she was not there to interview him and she also was surprised by the amount of people that were invited in the house by the Jacksons just because she was there and who were all tryin o get her attention. Her staff wanted to get her out a soon as possible. So in no way were the Jacksons in my opinion even concern over O's negativity towards MJ. They were OVER F*CKIN thrilled this women was in their home! <_<

But, u know what creeps me out is the amount of time I'm sure O as spent with Paris preparing for this new interview. It's clear Katherine stayed in contact with this womwn. SMHIt makes me sad to see how fame hungry some of them are. I don't understand why they don't realize how much of a burden fame can be considering everything it's done to that family...

But no wonder Paris is fine with it, she's very influenced by her cousins.

The Healer
17-05-2012, 09:27 AM
It"s like there are no other reporters in the world. Why Oprah ??!!!!
Oprah is a hypocrite , and we all know what she thought of Michael. She should not be allowed near them , never.
What a stupid move.

CherubimII
17-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I think this interview is a home interview. The background looks like their Calabasas home.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/hyppolic/ParisOprah.gif
Paris Jackson seems to get more beautiful each time time I see her again. :wub:

Well, I'm not a big fan of Oprah's; but obviously Katherine Jackson is.
Oprah does have good professional contacts, and she is smart in business matters.
My prayer is that Oprah's motherly instincts will take hold of her, and that she,
Oprah, will take time to wisely counsel each of Michael's three children: Prince, Paris, and Blanket. :angel:

CherubimII
17-05-2012, 04:20 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w117/hyppolic/rveg.jpg
Thanks MsCassieMollie. This picture is a keeper.
Mrs. Katherine Jackson has a lovely home.
I just hope Michael Jackson's children know that everything they see in their home was lovingly worked for and paid for by their father.

Bonnie Blue
17-05-2012, 04:38 PM
You really think she's going to wait until she's 18? If Oprah doesn't tick one of these boxes: paternity, allegations, drugs, then I'll be amazed.

Yes, it'll prob be done euphemistically, 'challenges' your dad faced, or 'his troubles'. I'm really uncomfortable about it. If paris's interview with ellen, who was a fan and good with kids (oprah isn't), resulted in the headline, paris ridicules jack* (daily mail), i'm feeling kinda anxious. To be brutally honest, the big get for the media from now on is to get a chlld of mj's to publically diss him. And as we have seen with countless 'friends' and family, they constantly come out with stuff that can be spun negatively, so imagine how difficult it is for a child, still unused to the ways of the media.

It makes me sad to see how fame hungry some of them are. I don't understand why they don't realize how much of a burden fame can be considering everything it's done to that family...

Yes, agree with blue topaz it was excrutiating to watch all the famiy swarming round oprah in the last interview. Did they not notice how she subtly dissed them when they all said they wanted to be singers etc, and oprah feigned surprise and said noone wants to be a doctor/lawyer? I wish they wd get some self respect, she has no time for them.

Oh, and as for an airing date for the interview, i would pay good money to bet it being aired as close to 25 june as poss.

Mirabella76
17-05-2012, 06:08 PM
My heart is aching, I can't stand it anymore. I just have no words.... I mean I have NO F***ING PROPER WORDS!!!!!!:bugeyed :censored:

FlyAway
17-05-2012, 07:21 PM
But, Paris has never disrespected her father, or anyone, has she? None of us know what this interview is about yet. All we know is that she talked to Oprah. Is it too premature to see this as a betrayal?

I understand fans' concerns. We want Paris to be successful and healthy. However, we have to keep in mind none of us here has any personal interaction with Paris. We feel we know the children, but we don't. How do we know the values Michael instilled in the children are being thrown away? In many regards, what Paris is doing is no different than many other teenagers her age. She's growing up. Like Gaz said, she will make mistakes, just like any one of us. We have to stop scrutinize every one of her moves. Just let her be.

I echo Petrarose's sentiment. We have to keep a distance. We can't expect the children to be exactly what Michael wanted them to be. I don't think I'm exactly the way my mom wanted me to be. Nonetheless, she still loves me. It's reality. Moreover, we'll never understand Paris' challenges. None of us here is the daughter of the most famous man in the world.

The children have no responsibility to answer to their father's fans. They have their own lifes to live. They have their own dreams to pursue.

:agree: Great post! :flowers: I totally agree with you.

bluetopez
17-05-2012, 09:25 PM
@Bluetopez, staffers from the Oprah show literally cried when they found out Oprah could interview the kids? How odd, did they explain why they cried? Yes they cried I was like WTF?! It was the big get at the time. The first to Interview the children after the public memorial and they we're thrilled that O would be the first to get that chance.

marebear
17-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Yes, it was a behind the scenes special about how they got an the interview with Katherine...but, most imortantly MJ kids. And how desperate O and her staff was too get the kids and without the kids they pretty much did not want that interview. The kids were the GOAL! When they finally got the news they got the kids two women from O staff startin cryin. O_o

But, u know what creeps me out is the amount of time I'm sure O has spent with Paris preparing for this new interview. It's clear Katherine stayed in contact with this womwn. SMH

No offense to the other grandkids but Michael's kids are the ones people are interested in. Just like it was for their father. Even now his siblings are "Michael Jackson's..." It's scary. I wish Michael was here because he would let all the attention be on him and away from his kids.

Can anyone see in the picture with her and oprah a picture of Michael behind the couch? Or am I just imagining that?

goldiee
19-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Well, if she wants to be in this business, the reasoning that she's a kid isn't going to last forever. She's going to have to grow up to the fact of who's daughter she is and learn how to shut stuff down. There's a reason the media goes after moreso than Prince or Blanket.

Nowhere did I say she disrespected her father's legacy. Please comprehend what is being written cause the simple truth is this young girl is being used heavily right now.

Ashtanga
19-05-2012, 11:52 PM
:unsure:

I want to scream!!!! http://www.messentools.com/images/emoticones/humor/www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif http://www.hornedhalo.org/images/kermit.gif *big sigh*

peru94
20-05-2012, 12:25 AM
we all know what Oprah did to michael. but do you guys remember michael jackson interview with barbara walter in 1997 or 1995 interview with diane sawyer. i'm sure mj knew who they were. but still went to set the record straight. although it didn't clean his name, at least he stood up and fight for it. sometimes in life you have to go through unpleasant people to get your word out. as we all know paris has nothing but positives things to say about his father. although we know the media will quote her words out of context, just like they did with mj. she is fighter, and will not stop until people see how wonderful her dad was,even though she might have to go through some hard times. But this is what she wants .to clean his father's name. and what better way than from her daughter's own mouth. now i'm not saying is right or wrong to do that, all i know mj was an excellent father and teach PPB positive values and we'll stay with them forever.

Ms.MJ Fan2007
21-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Well it's up to the jackson famliy whenever they're going to interview Paris on Oprah's next Chapter. I mean I'm sure that I'm going to wacth it :mello:

AngieJ
21-05-2012, 05:54 PM
we all know what Oprah did to michael. but do you guys remember michael jackson interview with barbara walter in 1997 or 1995 interview with diane sawyer. i'm sure mj knew who they were. but still went to set the record straight. although it didn't clean his name, at least he stood up and fight for it. sometimes in life you have to go through unpleasant people to get your word out. as we all know paris has nothing but positives things to say about his father. although we know the media will quote her words out of context, just like they did with mj. she is fighter, and will not stop until people see how wonderful her dad was,even though she might have to go through some hard times. But this is what she wants .to clean his father's name. and what better way than from her daughter's own mouth. now i'm not saying is right or wrong to do that, all i know mj was an excellent father and teach PPB positive values and we'll stay with them forever.
Back in 95 and 97, it wasn't at all drove down our throats though that BW and DS hated MJ. Back then you didn't think much of them interviewing him. The most telling thing is, in his later years even with the worst team behind him, MJ the majority of the time, didn't knowingly go to a hater to interview him. Could you see MJ letting Kurt Loder or those clowns from Rolling Stone interview him? Hell no. But the way things are headed, would it really surprise anyone if those hags on The View land Paris for an interview.

We all know she's going to do great job on the show, it's just sucks seeing someone who did MJ so wrong continuously get rewarded.

marebear
21-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah that's how it feels. These people get rewarded and lucky enough to interview his kids. Michael was treated so badly and unfairly and he protected his kids. Now they will talk to the same people who will smile at them and act like they care. I am sorry it makes me ill and feels wrong. I know in showbusiness you have to talk to people but I don't agree with this choice.

missred07
23-05-2012, 08:04 PM
oh lord............You got to be kidding me. Again? Great. Sometimes, I feel like I want to leave the non-MJ news world because so many related news are just make me really sad. Maybe I should just focus on the bad 25 DVD. Poor Paris, God bless you.

26-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I've been having a doubt for a while. Has only Oprah been a bitch to Michael or with others celebs as well?

PurpleParrot
27-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Oh dear... Can't Oprah actually interview people who do have something to tell?
Paris is beautiful, nice, MJ's daughter, but she still doesn't have a career.. she just has a Twitter account geez!

Is our world empty of any artistical event or celebrities so the biggest woman of TV had to interview a child to get her rates??

PPUUUHLEAAAASSSE!!!!

Victory22
27-05-2012, 05:22 AM
I don't believe she has changed her opinion of Michael. He is gone so she has total access to his family and his children because they allow it. So if anyone from the family goes on Howard Stern or talk to Martin Bashir that's okay too then? It's a platform for them to promote whatever. Last year everyone had a huge problem with KISS performing on the concert. The family allowed it and if it wasn't for fans complaining they would have performed even though they think Michael hurt children. I don't understand how one thing is okay and the other isn't. They all think the same of Michael.

Just goes to show that none of the family respected Michael or his wishes at all while he was alive and they still don't now that he's dead.

bluetopez
27-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I've been having a doubt for a while. Has only Oprah been a bitch to Michael or with others celebs as well? From what I have seen she only acts this way with MJ and not to other celebs. She has let guess of hers mention MJ in disrespectful ways on her show or she herself have brought MJ into the conversations with her guess to say something negative. She has a MAJOR problem with MJ being accused of molesting children and that is basically the root of it all and always has been. She takes it way personal because she says she was molested as a child. That is the real reason behind her negativity towards MJ. Shame this women who constantly told her audience the importance of reading can't even bother to do the same when it comes to finding out the truth about MJ.

27-05-2012, 10:59 PM
From what I have seen she only acts this way with MJ and not to other celebs. She has let guess of hers mention MJ in disrespectful ways on her show or she herself have brought MJ into the conversations with her guess to say something negative. She has a MAJOR problem with MJ being accused of molesting children and that is basically the root of it all and always has been. She takes it way personal because she says she was molested as a child. That is the real reason behind her negativity towards MJ. Shame this women who constantly told her audience the importance of reading can't even bother to do the same when it comes to finding out the truth about MJ.

It sounds quite sensible what you're telling me about being a survivor of child abuse in her case. I guess she just was a hypocrit "supporting him" in the first false allegations. If I'm not mistaken she started to be openly a bitch since that dreadful documentary was aired on February 2003.

Besides thinking him guilty of hurting children, I really believe she's really envious and jealous of his massive success despite the awful events Michael had to go through.

marebear
27-05-2012, 11:13 PM
I am sorry Oprah was hurt as a child but that doesn't mean that everyone accused of it is guilty. For someone who seems educated she acts ignorant. She hugs his mother, Jackie she had a crush on and hugs janet and is nice to his kids. If I was them I would not want to be around someone that thinks so low of a loved one. People like Oprah can go talk to someone else. She should interview Tom Messereau and learn something from him but she wouldn't want to do that because she might learn the truth and can't face that she is wrong in her opinion of Michael. Just thinking about this gets me annoyed.

bluetopez
28-05-2012, 06:02 AM
It sounds quite sensible what you're telling me about being a survivor of child abuse in her case. I guess she just was a hypocrit "supporting him" in the first false allegations. If I'm not mistaken she started to be openly a bitch since that dreadful documentary was aired on February 2003.

Besides thinking him guilty of hurting children, I really believe she's really envious and jealous of his massive success despite the awful events Michael had to go through. She never came to his defends in the first allegations. They never stayed in touch nor became friends in anyway after the interview MJ granted her in 93. MJ called in breifly to say hello to Q once when he was on her show a few yrs back and that's about it. But, your right she did not say mean things against him publicly until the Bashir interview where she basically let out what she reallly thought with her silence from the first allegations in the first place IMO.

She should interview Tom Messereau and learn something from him but she wouldn't want to do that because she might learn the truth and can't face that she is wrong in her opinion of Michael. Many fans wrote her to have T-Mez (when he won the case) or/and Aprodite Jones (after she wrtote her book) to be invited on her show. But, she obviously did not care. She preferred people bad mouthing him instead like his ex-wife and her asking people who suck at defending him and just wanted to be on TV it seems like The Jacksons! <_<

gerryevans
28-05-2012, 09:36 AM
I am sorry Oprah was hurt as a child but that doesn't mean that everyone accused of it is guilty. For someone who seems educated she acts ignorant. She hugs his mother, Jackie she had a crush on and hugs janet and is nice to his kids. If I was them I would not want to be around someone that thinks so low of a loved one. People like Oprah can go talk to someone else. She should interview Tom Messereau and learn something from him but she wouldn't want to do that because she might learn the truth and can't face that she is wrong in her opinion of Michael. Just thinking about this gets me annoyed.

It's rumored she thought Michael used her with the '93 interview, that he KNEW the allegations were forthcoming, and he agreed to the interview for PR purposes to counter them. Who knows if she really felt that was the case or not. But what is so irritating about Oprah is as you say she is this supposedly educated woman, who touts herself as an openminded truth seeker and voracious reader, and she apparently hasn't read beyond headlines regarding MJ. Certainly her own experiences as a child abuse survivor factors into her beliefs. But her own experiences also include her being the subject of blatant malicious lies and her own family selling untrue stories about her to the tabloids. She knows how unscrupulous people can be, but she readily accepts the worse about MJ.

Her complete silence after his death, when even the president made a public statement about his loss, spoke volumes. She believed the worse about MJ and didn't want to make a public statement regretting his loss. At least she was being honest then. She didn't think him worthy of a statement. But now, she's as big a hypocrite as Gene Simmons was in agreeing to honor MJ at that money grab of a tribute. She's into a ratings grab. It doesn't matter how she personally feels about him, and she DOES still believe the worse of him, but public sentiment has softened toward Michael, so she can get good ratings in doing shows about him, so that's what she does. She's no better than the tabloids she criticizes.

marebear
28-05-2012, 08:39 PM
If anything she used him in 1993 and it was that interview with Michael that changed her career for her to something higher. I can't stand her or her opinions. She is not god and the thought of her near his kids in any way makes me sick. I am sorry.

28-05-2012, 09:11 PM
That rumor sounds so ridiculous IMO, Mike and the Chandler didn't meet in February, did they? And the allegations were made in August 1993. I bet she promised him when they were negociating that interview would be broadcast worldwide making him to have another record and that's why he agreed to do it.

In2003 she showed her true color indeed, I just don't get why Paris made a research about what that had has done to her father and I don't know why she's agreeing to make interviews if she doesn't have a career yet...

Aquarius
29-05-2012, 01:50 AM
That rumor sounds so ridiculous IMO, Mike and the Chandler didn't meet in February, did they? And the allegations were made in August 1993. I bet she promised him when they were negociating that interview would be broadcast worldwide making him to have another record and that's why he agreed to do it.

In2003 she showed her true color indeed, I just don't get why Paris made a research about what that had has done to her father and I don't know why she's agreeing to make interviews if she doesn't have a career yet...

^^Probably she doesn't see anything wrong with that maybe it's normal for them. If the mother of her father accepted to be interviewed by Oprah why wouldn't she? Just look at the examples she's surrounded by. Her father's relatives surround themselves & make dubious bus. with people who only wanted to take advantage of Michael. That's normal in their own world. I believe she cares & loves her father very much, but I also believe she thinks she needs to be out in the public, remember there's a movie coming. Let's hope Oprah doesn't ask personal questions and that always remember she's talking to a child.

MsCassieMollie
30-05-2012, 11:59 PM
According to tvguide.com, Paris's interview with Oprah is set to air June 10th. Oprah is not going to be interviewing Paris for the whole episode like we first thought. There will also be an interview with 50 Cent as well.

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/paris-jackson/301894

Very surprised she's not gonna air it on June 25 but Oprah will most likely show an encore that day..

Anyway the interview is 2 WEEKS.

Ashtanga
31-05-2012, 12:45 AM
According to tvguide.com, Paris's interview with Oprah is set to air June 10th. Oprah is not going to be interviewing Paris for the whole episode like we first thought. There will also be an interview with 50 Cent as well.

http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/paris-jackson/301894

Very surprised she's not gonna air it on June 25 but Oprah will most likely show an encore that day..

Anyway the interview is 2 WEEKS.

And here we go.... :fear:

MsCassieMollie
31-05-2012, 12:47 AM
Also the episode is 1 hour and on a Sunday at 9 PM.

Bonnie Blue
31-05-2012, 04:07 PM
It's rumored she thought Michael used her with the '93 interview, that he KNEW the allegations were forthcoming, and he agreed to the interview for PR purposes to counter them. Who knows if she really felt that was the case or not.

The information can easily be checked by oprah. MJ met jordie and the mother in 92 when his car broke down and was just in telephone contact as he was on the dangerous tour. He met up with them again in person, later in feb, after the oprah interview. It was just another family he had befriended, no different from the others he had got to know.

Re the interview:I always understood that mj was disappointed in dangerous sales and wanted to boost them, and he was deciding to open up a bit more to the media.

bluetopez
31-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't have the OWN channel (thank god) nor would I give her ratings by watching if I did. So Youtube it is! lol

Severus Snape
01-06-2012, 03:53 AM
The vultures are going to rain down on Paris, Oprah evidently among them. I knew this was going to occur sooner or later, there was no stopping it. She's personable, she's beautiful, and she's Michael Jackson's daughter. Much danger ahead--it'd be in her best interest to distance herself completely from that world, but I don't see that happening. I think she likes the idea, but doesn't understand the gravity of fame just yet.

We'll see.

Bonnie Blue
01-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Much danger ahead--it'd be in her best interest to distance herself completely from that world, but I don't see that happening. I think she likes the idea, but doesn't understand the gravity of fame just yet.

We'll see.

^ Yes, totally agree. But it's not surprising seeing who she is surrounded by. The piers interview with mrs j was really revealing when he asked her how mj was affected by being the most famous person in the world. Mrs j offered no reflection or insight on the tremendous stresses and pressures that level of fame and constant scrutiny produces, but just said something about mj always being down to earth. I think the jacksons' mindset is still stuck in gary, indiana.

MsCassieMollie
02-06-2012, 06:17 PM
June 10th is the interview date. We should expect some previews & clips of Paris interview after the Neil Patrick Harris & hubby interview airs on 'Oprah's Next Chapter' tomorrow night.

http://imageshack.us/a/img137/2193/capture6m.jpg

MsCassieMollie
04-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Just saw a preview for Paris's interview with Oprah. In this one she spoke. The question seemed to be about her dad. She said "it never gets easier." Then Oprah said "Do you feel like he wanted you to have a "normal" life? Oprah made air quotes. The clip ended there.

Preview clip:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/preview-paris-jackson-and-50-cent/2241625684/fanTV/newest/

MsCassieMollie
04-06-2012, 02:32 AM
http://static.oprah.com/images/own/2012/onc/201206/20120610-onc-paris-jackson-1-430x330.jpg

prettygirl_
04-06-2012, 02:33 AM
^-_- Ughh

Just saw a preview for Paris's interview with Oprah. In this one she spoke. The question seemed to be about her dad. She said "it never gets easier." Then Oprah said "Do you feel like he wanted you to have a "normal" life? Oprah made air quotes. The clip ended there.

Preview clip:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/preview-paris-jackson-and-50-cent/2241625684/fanTV/newest/

:(

bluetopez
04-06-2012, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by MsCassieMollieJust saw a preview for Paris's interview with Oprah. In this one she spoke. The question seemed to be about her dad. She said "it never gets easier." Then Oprah said "Do you feel like he wanted you to have a "normal" life? Oprah made air quotes. The clip ended there.
No Oprah MJ made the kids wear masks only for decoration...<_< (I'm being sarcastic by the way!)

I swear she ask stupid questions! She obviously already know the answer which is YES he did! She even told Paris in the first interview that does she understand the masks where for protection and she said yes. So what gives? I'm guessin it has to do with her choice of being an actress so early in her life. But, still the answer still would be yes given by the masks for so many yrs in public.

MsCassieMollie
04-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Interesting she didn't mention Paris...

Btw Fiddy is the rapper Fifty Cent. Him and Paris will be on Oprah's show this Sunday. They are sharing an episode together.

Oprah Winfrey ‏@Oprah
Next week me and FIddy..#NextChapter should be interesting.
9:55 PM - 3 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPad

prettygirl_
04-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Probably because she doesnt want to be attacked LOL

bluetopez
04-06-2012, 04:57 AM
"Fiddy" is still a Jackson, though not related lol

yanmjj
04-06-2012, 01:27 PM
delete

yanmjj
04-06-2012, 01:32 PM
http://static.oprah.com/images/own/2012/onc/201206/20120610-onc-paris-jackson-1-430x330.jpg

Paris is so beautiful . As I look at this photo,I want to beat up Oprah !

MJTheKing
04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
I have no idea why Oprah wanted to interview Paris again fter all the bullsh!t she has said about Michael ?

I will never give Oprah any ratings !!..

MsCassieMollie
04-06-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't wanna give Oprah ratings either but I'm still pretty curious about this interview. I have Direct TV with the OWN channel, too. But I don't have a Nielsen device/box whatever so I don't think I'll technically give her ratings. I'll be the "watcher" for the fans not watching the interview and gives notes on the questions and the answers from Paris when it airs on Sunday.

ilmjj
04-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Thank you Cassie. I will only "watch" it through you :)

ivy
04-06-2012, 08:22 PM
unless you have a Nielsen rating box in your house, you can't give her ratings by watching

marebear
04-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I am sorry just seeing them together looks so wrong to me. I am sorry if I offend anyone by saying that.

Ashtanga
04-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Oprah > :puke: :pth: :perrin: http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs3/2176641_o.gif

MsCassieMollie
05-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dgKit5rP7s

suzynyc
05-06-2012, 01:02 AM
I'll be watching on Sunday.

prettygirlmj
05-06-2012, 04:42 AM
It's gonna be the same questions....you'll see...

Courtney
05-06-2012, 05:00 AM
That photo of Paris and Oprah makes me cringe. This girl is going to become a target. I hope one day she begins to understand, and guards herself a bit more.

Femkela
05-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Obviously Oprah does the interview for her own (no pun intended) ratings, and Paris probably does the interview to promote her movie. I don't think Paris knows just how awful Oprah has been in the past. I also don't get why ppl forget all those hateful things she said about MJ... it makes me sad. Ppl usually never learn from the past though. I bet Oprah also lives a """NORMAL""" life with her husband and BFF and dogs or whatever. Throwing away a fancy plate when a guest put a piece of chewing gum on it. Yes, I remember that quote, just so reflective of how """Grounded""" Oprah has stayed throughout her fame (which only really began with her interview with MJ). Sorry for my rant.

AngieJ
05-06-2012, 04:28 PM
That photo of Paris and Oprah makes me cringe. This girl is going to become a target. I hope one day she begins to understand, and guards herself a bit more.

The problem is, she is surrounded by fame whores and industry wannabes. They're going to think all this that is happening to her is the greatest thing ever.

Who does she have around her to tell her otherwise?

gerryevans
05-06-2012, 05:54 PM
I was wondering when the interview would get more promotion. Just saw it on the home page of AOL and People mag with Paris' quote, "it never gets any easier." Whitney's daughter Kristina generated OWN's highest ratings EVER, triple what the Lady Gaga interview garnered, so knew they'd go after Paris again. Don't think Paris interview will be as high as Kristina's as that interview was almost immediately after Whitney's death, and Paris has been out more, but it's still going to draw more interest to the episode than 50 cent is going to, who I originally was seeing more promos for.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20601045,00.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl18%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D167048

marebear
05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
The comments under the article are just awful. People can be so mean in their comments about Michael and his kids. I did notice someone named Ivy on there defending Michael and the kids. I thought of Ivy who is here. People can be so ignorant and it is sad the things people still say about Michael.

sharon007
05-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Oprah is a nasty piece of work and I don't think she will be nice like Ellen was to Paris. I worry about the line of questions especially personal ones about her dad. But I do know that she will defend him 100%.

captainhulk
05-06-2012, 09:28 PM
In regard to ratings, for those with Free Demand or On Demand through Comcast, they count ratings for those shows for the first 3 days of viewing.

06-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Paris looks absolutely gorgeous in that pic but it's so wrong to see by her side that nasty, hypocrit hag! :puke:
The children's childhood started to be screwed when their family vultures began to used them and letting other people to use them for their own benefit... :mad:

HIStory
06-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Here is a short snippet from the interview: http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/paris-jackson-discusses-her-childhood-oprah-winfrey-162847107.html

MsCassieMollie
06-06-2012, 06:57 PM
Paris Jackson on Growing Up: 'I Didn’t Get Why I was Wearing a Mask'

June 06, 2012 Television

In Oprah Winfrey’s exclusive interview with Paris Jackson, the 14-year-old talks about how hard her dad, Michael Jackson, worked at keeping her and her siblings’ childhoods normal, which included making them wear masks when they were in public.

“I was really confused,” Paris admitted to Oprah. “I didn’t get why I was wearing a mask.”

The teenager has now come to understand her father’s motives. “I understand it now why our dad would want our face covered when we went out without him. We wouldn't be recognized, and we could have a normal childhood.”

Watch the clip, in which Paris says Chuck E. Cheese was one of her favorite places to go!

Tune in to Oprah’s special one-on-one interview with Paris, Sunday on OWN!

http://www.extratv.com/2012/06/06/paris-jackson-on-growing-up-i-didnt-get-why-i-was-wearing-a-mask/

AngieJ
06-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Is Oprah Exploiting Paris Jackson For Ratings? (Yes)

Michael Jackson was a flawed human being in a lot of ways, but one thing he seemed to get right was shielding his kids from the prying eyes of the paparazzi. So why is it suddenly okay to exploit his daughter for publicity?

14-year-old Paris Jackson is set to appear (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2155139/Paris-Jackson-tells-Oprah-devastated-father-Michaels-death.html) on Oprah Winfrey‘s OWN network this coming Sunday to discuss the loss of her father and her own budding acting career. This seems like a savvy move to revive the network’s flagging ratings, as well as help introduce Paris to the world. In a handshake deal with the devil, Oprah will receive $1,000 for each tear she coaxes the bereaved child to shed into her waiting bosom. Ka-ching!

Am I the only one who finds this super gross? Please excuse my pearl-clutching response, but Michael Jackson’s dying wish was basically that his kids be able to have normal childhoods and grow up outside the spotlight. (You know, the spotlight…that thing that drove him insane and ultimately killed him.) And sure, Paris may be doing this interview voluntarily, but is a 14-year-old really mature enough to be held responsible for her own self-exploitation? I mean, I wanted to do all sorts of dumb shit at age 14, but my parents said no, because that was their job. Step it up, guardians of Paris Jackson.

I think her aunt Janet Jackson needs to take the wheel here, because she’s the only one who seems to have the child’s best interests in mind. As she told Oprah:

“We’ve spoken about the fact that you’re only a child once. I think there’s a time for everything, and now is not the time [to act in films]. I told her I thought she should enjoy being a kid, possibly go to college–or not–but wait till she turns 18.She’s a very tough, smart girl. But it’s a cut-throat industry. I wouldn’t want my child to do it.”

Word.

http://crushable.com/entertainment/paris-jackson-oprah-exploitation-401/

bluetopez
06-06-2012, 11:25 PM
How many times will she be asked about the Mask and the media making headlines of it? I bet ALOT! It's so stupid. We already got the answer in the first O interview and here it is again? O_o...How BORING!

MsCassieMollie
06-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Paris Jackson Discusses Her Childhood With Oprah Winfrey

It has been almost 3 years since Michael Jackson left us at the age of 50. However, intense interest remains about his life, work, and family--especially his three children. Oprah Winfrey recently visited Jackson's 14-year-old daughter, Paris, for an interview that revealed some details about life with a world-famous parent.

One of the most-discussed Jackson oddities was his habit of covering his children's faces in public. Paris Jackson explained to Winfrey that he was doing it to protect their identity in hopes people wouldn't recognize them when they weren't with their father.

"I was really confused," Paris told Winfrey, confirming that her face was only covered when she was with her dad, not at any other time. "I didn't get why I was wearing a mask, but I understand it now...why my dad would want our faces to be covered. When we went out without him, we wouldn't be recognized and could have a normal childhood."

When asked if she thought her father really wanted her to have a normal childhood, Paris answered yes.

"He had his doubts," she added. "He told us when he was younger, he didn't really have a childhood. He would always be stuck in the studio singing, while other kids were out playing."

Paris noted that Jackson let his kids go to normal places in hopes they'd have a regular life. "Chuck E. Cheese and Toys R Us were our favorite places to go," she told Winfrey.

Oprah's Next Chapter featuring the full interview with Paris Jackson will air June 10 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on OWN.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/paris-jackson-discusses-her-childhood-oprah-winfrey-162847107.html

MsCassieMollie
06-06-2012, 11:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEAsS1rwzVc

marebear
07-06-2012, 01:57 AM
What Michael did worked for these kids and they appreciate it and other celebrities are covering up their kids in public when they are with them. Maybe people will understand and stop asking about it. Michael was a great father and just wanted the best for them.

souldreamer7
07-06-2012, 12:35 PM
I just seen the GMA clip of the interview this morning and Paris was very sincere and made sense. The hosts all said she was a polite, well mannered beautiful young lady and that hearing her perspective that,that they could now understand why Michael did have the children to wear the 'masks' while they were young when out in the highly populated areas where MJ knew there would always be cameras. Paris said the way that MJ worked it out did give them all chances sometimes to go out un-noticed to places like Chucky Cheese. There was a little bit more of the interview than the preview for the full interview that's to air June 10th, 2012 on OWN The hosts were all in agreement yet one host did try and show both sides of perspective about the masks back then,but the 2 or 3 other hosts,quickly voiced that the final conculsion was that it wasn't so strange as it may have seemed that MJ wanted their faces shielded then,that they could understand why through hearing his daughters perspective and by how lovely and well mannered she and his children are - saying that Michael did right by them.
I looked for the GMA clip on youtube but it's not been posted yet.

loveforever
07-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Of course Michael did the best job he could to give his children the normal childhood. For god sake, how much hate and attack Michael received when he was alive, shield his children is the only way he could give his children some peace, he shielded the craziness away from his children, He carried all the pressure and attack on his own shoulders to protect his children. no one is in his shoes, no one received his level of fame, hate and inhumanity. But they all act like know it all and point fingers on him.

Bonnie Blue
07-06-2012, 04:35 PM
^Yes, well said. MJ was the one celebrity who could have done with some sympathetic pr coverage of himself as a father - an interview with him interacting with his children for example to help stem the flow of negativity. But he never did - he refused to use his children as pr props, big admiration for that.

Maybe people will understand and stop asking about it.

These interviewers, like oprah who has already asked the same question re the veils, will carry on asking and asking until they get the children to say something negative and then they can splash it around the headlines like they did with the 'stupid' comment that paris made with ellen.

jrsfan
07-06-2012, 05:25 PM

They played the clip on Today show with Kathie Lee & Hoda also- so it's getting alot of air time. To me the question about the masks seems so dumb, really don't get that.

http://todayentertainment.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/06/12091690-paris-jackson-on-michael-jacksons-death-it-never-gets-easier?lite

Moonwalker.Fan
07-06-2012, 05:43 PM
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0" width="480" height="270" id="CEGEmbed"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/CEGDynamicPlayer.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="width=480&height=270&ID=Embed&releasePID=qmYQx5o_l0U11zlNREIIHoJ_8ZpQixM7&playerId=Embed&skinUrl=http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/skinCEGPlayer.swf&locId=UK" /><embed width="480" height="270" flashvars="width=480&height=270&ID=Embed&releasePID=qmYQx5o_l0U11zlNREIIHoJ_8ZpQixM7&playerId=Embed&skinUrl=http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/skinCEGPlayer.swf&locId=UK" allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="CEGEmbed" id="CEGEmbed" src="http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/CEGDynamicPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></object>

Bubs
07-06-2012, 06:05 PM
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0" width="480" height="270" id="CEGEmbed"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/CEGDynamicPlayer.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="width=480&height=270&ID=Embed&releasePID=qmYQx5o_l0U11zlNREIIHoJ_8ZpQixM7&playerId=Embed&skinUrl=http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/skinCEGPlayer.swf&locId=UK" /><embed width="480" height="270" flashvars="width=480&height=270&ID=Embed&releasePID=qmYQx5o_l0U11zlNREIIHoJ_8ZpQixM7&playerId=Embed&skinUrl=http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/skinCEGPlayer.swf&locId=UK" allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" name="CEGEmbed" id="CEGEmbed" src="http://www.eonline.com/static/videoplayer/platform_players/swf/CEGDynamicPlayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></object>

Thanks very much for the clip. I have been able to see other clips as OWN has blocked them in my country on copyright grounds.
Paris is so funny when she says that Prince is drifting off - typical teenager:D
She, herself is teenager too, yet she speaks about Prince like she is years older:-)
Seeing Paris and Blanket together was heartwarming, they looked so close.

Annita
07-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Paris Jackson Talks Mask-Wearing and Getting Grounded by Michael Jackson in Oprah Sit-Down

If you thought you were confused the first time you saw Michael Jackson's young children wearing masks in public, then spare a thought for the kids themselves.

In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey, Paris Jackson opened up about how it felt to be subjected to the face-covering paraphernalia, what sort of parental punishment Michael used to mete out, and why he was, in the end, just your typical, "normal" dad.

"I was really confused, like I didn't get why I was wearing a mask," the 13-year-old told Oprah. "But I understand it now, why our dad would want our face to be covered, so we went out without him, we wouldn't be recognized and we could have a normal childhood."

The idea of maintaining some semblance of normalcy was an important one in the Jackson household, and a notion that frequently came up during the interview.

"He did," she said, when asked if Michael wanted his kids to have a so-called normal life.

"He had his doubts, because he told us that when he was younger he didn't really have a childhood. He'd always be stuck in the studio singing while other kids were out playing. And he wanted us to have that...Chuck E. Cheese and Toys 'R' Us were our favorite places to go."

Cut to today, and the Jackson trio of Paris, Prince Michael and of course Blanket are still acutely aware of their loss.

"Now I see other kids and their parents and I compare them to my dad. Our dad was a really normal father when he was with us. We would get grounded if we did something bad. He would ground us. He wouldn't call it grounding; he'd just say, 'You're on punishment.' Sometimes we'd be on punishment a lot. Mostly me and Blanket, because me and Blanket would always fight."
However, that sibling rivalry seems to have tapered off, as now Paris and Blanket are closer than ever.

"Prince has started to drift off; he's a teenager, he's a teenage boy, he's gonna do that. But me and Blanket have found a lot of things in common, more things than I thought we did, so me and him have gotten a lot closer."

The full interview airs Sunday on OWN.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/paris_ja...#ixzz1x88L3HGj

marebear
07-06-2012, 08:48 PM
I always knew that Paris and her brothers are the best ones to speak on Michael's behalf. They make people hopefully see Michael as a human being who loved his kids and just wanted the best for them. People just judge all the time and never talk to the actual people. I am sure Michael tried to explain it too but people didn't want to listen to him and just ridicule him. This is really a sensitive month right now and it all make me want to cry again. Michael was a great person and a great dad.

SimplyMagic
07-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Has this been posted already? :unsure:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/47719150#47719150 (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/47719150#47719150)<o:p></o:p>

MsCassieMollie
07-06-2012, 09:35 PM
From the OWN interview, Paris said she and Blanket are closer than ever. Pic/gif from the interview.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg845/scaled.php?server=845&filename=beztytuuubv.jpg&res=landing
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dYt9UT5cMf4/T9EYCRry4hI/AAAAAAAABjY/-vVa1_Pbrsg/s1600/pboprah.gif

Bubs
07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
From the OWN interview, Paris said she and Blanket are closer than ever. Pic/gif from the interview.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg845/scaled.php?server=845&filename=beztytuuubv.jpg&res=landing
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dYt9UT5cMf4/T9EYCRry4hI/AAAAAAAABjY/-vVa1_Pbrsg/s1600/pboprah.gif

I cannot see what is on Blanket's plate, seems to be huge portion for a boy of his size:wub:

ilmjj
07-06-2012, 11:20 PM
In the video with Blanket I saw that Paris has bangs. Did Oprah go back for more? I just don't get after all Oprah did to Michael why they even let her in the door! Sorry Michael...

MsCassieMollie
07-06-2012, 11:28 PM
In the video with Blanket I saw that Paris has bangs. Did Oprah go back for more? I just don't get after all Oprah did to Michael why they even let her in the door! Sorry Michael...

I remember Dennis C. (Lundon's Bridge director & author) said that Paris did a bunch of interviews within the last several months. Maybe one of them was with Oprah again.

Oprah said on the OWN official Facebook page that 50 Cent interview that will air w/ Paris interview on Sunday is just Part 1. So maybe Oprah will air a Part 2 for Paris also hence her now bangs.

ilmjj
07-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Thank you Cassie! I am sorry but I still can't believe Katherine is even letting Oprah near Michael's children. The way she tried to turn MJ into a punch line yukking it up with LMP. I just can't watch this interview knowing how she treated Michael.

marebear
07-06-2012, 11:41 PM
This is going to sound stupid but do you think there are any pictures of Michael in the house besides Paris room? Something his mother said once. 3 years later and Blanket still has his long hair. I can see how Blanket and Paris have gotten closer and Prince doing his own thing. I am sure they are all close.

I like what Paris is saying but it is who she is telling it to that I have the problem with. Oprah probably doesn't care or believe her.

MsCassieMollie
08-06-2012, 12:04 AM
I cannot see what is on Blanket's plate, seems to be huge portion for a boy of his size:wub:

I know. Kids like him loves too eat a lot.. :giggle:

Vici
08-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Here is a short snippet from the interview: http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the-presses/paris-jackson-discusses-her-childhood-oprah-winfrey-162847107.html

Im so disgusted by the hypocrisy from the media, in this case Oprah. Here she is saying Michael was smart for putting a mask on his kid's faces.. After Paris explains the masks so noone would recognize them Oprah says he/it was smart.

I didnt see anyone call MJ's decision smart when he was alive... SMH

Aquarius
08-06-2012, 12:55 AM
^^It was nice that Paris explained, for the second time, the reason Michael made them wear masks. But i don't understand why these tv hosts are surprised or pretend to be surprised. Michael was cruelly critized for that & it was DR who said it was her idea to have her children masked. Didn't they hear or know that? I believe they're just pretending to be nice so they can get more interviews. I don't like them.

marebear
08-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Im so disgusted by the hypocrisy from the media, in this case Oprah. Here she is saying Michael was smart for putting a mask on his kid's faces.. After Paris explains the masks so noone would recognize them Oprah says he/it was smart.

I didnt see anyone call MJ's decision smart when he was alive... SMH

She said he was smart? The hypocrisy bothers me too. I don't know whether to scream or cry to be honest.

Billyjeanplxiv
08-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Paris is pretty.

Vici
08-06-2012, 01:10 AM
She said he was smart? The hypocrisy bothers me too. I don't know whether to scream or cry to be honest.

Here is a direct transcript:

Paris: I was really confused, like, I didnt get why I was wearing I mask. But I understand it now why our dad would want our face to be covered. When we would go out without him, we wouldnt be recognized and could have a normal childhood.

Oprah: So you would only do that when you were with your dad?

Paris: Yes

Oprah: And then when you were not with your dad, you could go out without people knowing who you were. Smart, smart.

They also talked about her interview on CNN today and the hosts praised Michael as a father.

"COSTELLO: I hope things go well for her, I do. She does. She just seems like such a centered -- for a 14-year-old, that's amazing.

WYNTER: That's the way their dad raised them, you know."

It's all great they are acknowledging him now but back then everyone thought the kids should be taken away from him :(

Anyway this proves that his children are and will be his biggest supporter because apparently when they see his children talk about him and the way the kids conduct theirselves they've finally understands Mike did the right thing... They are truly his biggest legacy.

MsCassieMollie
08-06-2012, 01:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1hSrjvMxy4&feature=youtu.be

max000
08-06-2012, 01:45 AM
^^It was nice that Paris explained, for the second time, the reason Michael made them wear masks. But i don't understand why these tv hosts are surprised or pretend to be surprised. Michael was cruelly critized for that & it was DR who said it was her idea to have her children masked. Didn't they hear or know that? I believe they're just pretending to be nice so they can get more interviews. I don't like them.

Shameless media angling for PPB interviews.

CherubimII
08-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Paris Jackson is very well spoken, and refreshingly beautiful.:girl_sigh:
God, please, allow Michael Jackson to continue to watch over his children: Prince, Paris, and Blanket. :angel:

souldreamer7
08-06-2012, 02:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1hSrjvMxy4&feature=youtu.be

BS LaToya... BS! I do not believe Michael would've kept them that way. There's interviews where Michael himself said that when they became older that he'd let them make their own choices. BS LaToya! I'm not a 'family hater' just because I don't always agree with family members dosen't mean I don't take into consideration their opionions etc. but -- I try to like and foregive her,but she is a sh*t stirrer.

MsCassieMollie
08-06-2012, 03:51 AM
Notice the shade the author writes about MJ but them gives him his kudos at the end

Paris Jackson on Wearing Masks as a Kid: Weird! - The Hollywood Gossip (http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/06/paris-jackson-on-wearing-masks-as-a-kid-weird/)

Paris Jackson on Wearing Masks as a Kid: Weird!

The strangeness of wearing masks all the time as a child is not lost on Michael Jackson's daughter Paris, though she respects his reasoning behind it.

It was one of the most enduring images from Michael's bizarre life - stepping out with his kids hidden behind masks - at the time and to this day.

Paris Jackson, 14, tells Oprah Winfrey she was as perplexed as anyone.

"I was really confused," Paris admits in an interview to air Sunday. "I didn't get why I was always wearing a mask. But I understand it now."

"The reason why my dad would want our faces to be covered ... it was so when we went out without him we wouldn't be recognized."

Thanks to her late father's efforts, she says, "We had a normal childhood," including trips to the mall, the arcade and Chuck E. Cheese's.

"He told us that he didn't really have a childhood," says Paris. "He would always be stuck in the studio singing while the kids were out playing."

"Really, he just wanted us to have that. "

One thing's for sure, the King of Pop really knew what he was doing in the child-rearing department. Paris, Prince and Blanket all seem like remarkably normal, respectful and well-adjusted young people. Respect.

The Brown Gangsta
08-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Its funny that Michael explained the reason for those masks since day 1 and now that Paris gave the same exact explanation to Oprah everyone seems to be having their "aha moment" about the masks. It just goes to show that some people will ignore anything that Michael said and did that would make him sound like a normal human being, they have no interest in understanding him because they are having way too much fun judging and making fun of him.

Bubs
08-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Its funny that Michael explained the reason for those masks since day 1 and now that Paris gave the same exact explanation to Oprah everyone seems to be having their "aha moment" about the masks. It just goes to show that some people will ignore anything that Michael said and did that would make him sound like a normal human being, they have no interest in understanding him because they are having way too much fun judging and making fun of him.

I agree with you. A quote came to my mind:
“Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight", people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth."

dam2040
08-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Oprah tried to convince the jury to convict Michael, and now he's smart? People like this should be where Michael is, not him.

Bonnie Blue
08-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Apparently oprah has been demoted at her own tv network and had some executive responsiblities taken away from her because it is failing so badly. I wonder what oprah thinks of the jacksons coming to her aid by letting her interview paris and providing a boost to her network ratings - guilt, regret, contempt?

souldreamer7
08-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Apparently oprah has been demoted at her own tv network and had some executive responsiblities taken away from her because it is failing so badly. I wonder what oprah thinks of the jacksons coming to her aid by letting her interview paris and providing a boost to her network ratings - guilt, regret, contempt?

Hmm... I was thinking about this same thing too, I had a thought that since she's had interview(s) with MJ in past - Different Jacksons (family),Katherine, MJ's Children and now Paris alone...plus, I noticed she aired Ahprodite Jones' True Crime episode Michael Jackson. I wondered after all that if she feels 'Justified' or how would she think uhmmmm... 'enlightened' perhaps a word she'd use..

Annita
08-06-2012, 05:05 PM
It`s a bit OT but this is from Paris Twitter/instagram

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/vitiloigoa3muvgtx7k.jpg

MsCassieMollie
08-06-2012, 05:41 PM
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/paris_oprah3.jpg
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/parisoprahk.jpg
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/oprah_paris_friend.jpg
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/paris_oprah2.jpg

Justthefacts
08-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Paris I can overlook but Katherine the way that woman treated your son. OMG

08-06-2012, 07:33 PM
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/oprah_paris_friend.jpg

Is it Paris' friend or Prince's girlfriend?

The more the Jackson family makes decitions on the children's career moves the less I'm pro Jacksons! :angry: They don't give a damn about Michael's wish for his children to have a normal life!

SheilaMJFan4Ever
08-06-2012, 07:42 PM
*Facepalm*

MsCassieMollie
08-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Is it Paris' friend or Prince's girlfriend?

The more the Jackson family makes decitions on the children's career moves the less I'm pro Jacksons! :angry: They don't give a damn about Michael's wish for his children to have a normal life!

That's Paris best friend from school. She will make an appearance in the interview.

08-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Thanks Cassie! :)

sharon007
08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Paris looks absolutely gorgeous in that pic but it's so wrong to see by her side that nasty, hypocrit hag! :puke:
The children's childhood started to be screwed when their family vultures began to used them and letting other people to use them for their own benefit... :mad:

you are so right but the children are being misguided by the people around them and that's why they are doing these things.

billyworld99
08-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Dear Oprah,
Horatio Nelson once said, “Desperate affairs require desperate measures.” Judging by the
recurring headlines detailing OWN Network’s dismal performance after a year and a half on the
air, you must be looking for those “desperate measures”.
We can’t help but notice the irony of the current situation: the man you spent the better part of the
last decade, bashing and stopping short of labeling a child molester, is the very man’s name and
progeny, you are now using to salvage your sinking network. No doubt, at the top of OWN TV’s
Rescue List would be a repeat of HIStory?
Remember in 1993, your Oprah show experienced record ratings, over 100 millions viewers
tuned in, to watch you interview the world's biggest superstar, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson.
While you were a somewhat hot commodity in the United States then, Michael Jackson
introduced you to an international audience.
When a few years later, Mr. Jackson had sex abuse allegations leveled against him, we all
watched in dismay you turned on him, appointed yourself judge and jury, deciding even before
evidence was presented in court, that he MUST be guilty of the charges. After a jury of his peers
rejected those accusations and turned a NOT GUILTY verdict on ALL counts, you continued to
openly question his innocence with snide remarks, and demonized him to your audience and
guests. You have made it very clear, whether by airing “Is Michael Jackson Guilty?” show during
jury deliberations or molestation shows before or after interviewing members of Mr. Jackson’s
family, that Lady O’s opinion is more important than those 12 jurors who sat through the grueling
trial.
Randy Jackson, younger brother of Mr. Jackson confirmed in a 2010 interview, that Mr. Jackson
was well aware of your smear campaign and your dubious attitude towards him. Though he never
made his feelings about you public, his brother reiterated, “She [Oprah] is the last person on
earth he [Michael Jackson] would want around his children." Having crowned yourself a
“child defender”, we find it distasteful, disgraceful and hypocritical, that you are now using
grieving children, whose father you tried to sway a jury to send behind bars, when it suits you.
Few in the media have called out your shameful exploitation and hypocrisy, but we applaud the
few who did.
Those Who Remember

http://freepdfhosting.com/2f16f57f12.pdf

max000
08-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Glad this is happening. But the list of culprits is very long.

mdiegee210
08-06-2012, 11:01 PM
this letter shouuld have been sent to the Jackson family as well. thank you for what you are doing.

marebear
08-06-2012, 11:18 PM

That's right. Just like people are believing more he had vitiligo even though he said it himself and nobody wanted to believe him. people just want to be ignorant and not want to listen and it's sad because Michael didn't deserve the grief he got from people.

marebear
08-06-2012, 11:28 PM
The pictures with Oprah make me feel sick. I am sorry.

Vici
08-06-2012, 11:31 PM
That's Paris best friend from school. She will make an appearance in the interview.

Umm why? :ermm: To talk about how "normal" Paris to discuss the movie which both girls are starring in?

teli-mj
08-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Winfrey is a rating hungry person who would do anything to increase the views of her channel.I think the letter should have had as a direction MJ's family. Thank you for the effort though.

CherubimII
08-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Umm why? :ermm: To talk about how "normal" Paris to discuss the movie which both girls are starring in?
Paris's friend, probably, could not pass up the opportunity to meet Oprah in person.

marebear
09-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Maybe it's just me but I don't understand how all of this is acceptable. It's not like Paris or her brothers will only talk to people who love their dad and his music. But Oprah think he is a child molester. The way she used her show against Michael and her guests too. I can't just be like that is the past and that's okay. I am sorry I can't do that.

I wish Paris the best I really do and her brothers. It's not about her at all. To me Oprah doesn't deserve the chance to talk to her one on one.

yanmjj
09-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Thank you MsCassieMollie ! you always bring timely reports.

MusicMan26
09-06-2012, 02:12 AM
I am actually disgusted looking at those pictures.

MsCassieMollie
09-06-2012, 04:12 AM

One article I read said that during the episode that Paris bff (Michaela) will make an appearance. Based on Paris Twitter, she & Michaela seem VERY close. Paris probably wanted her on the show.

MsCassieMollie
09-06-2012, 04:26 AM
:love:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182119_327251050688858_235755465_n.jpg

bluetopez
09-06-2012, 04:33 AM
It`s a bit OT but this is from Paris Twitter/instagram

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/vitiloigoa3muvgtx7k.jpg

If only Paris would tweet that to Oprah too. I know I would have! Because judging by the way O talked about MJ skin in the past (and even in the way she questioned him in the 93 interview) she also believed he bleached his skin too among other B.S!

MsCassieMollie
09-06-2012, 04:36 AM
Here is a panel discussion from VH1 yesterday morning where they criticized Oprah for exploiting Paris Jackson. It starts at the 5:55 mark:

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/789733/buzz-chat-with-carolyn-castiglia-vinita-nair.jhtml

Bubs
09-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Here is a panel discussion from VH1 yesterday morning where they criticized Oprah for exploiting Paris Jackson. It starts at the 5:55 mark:

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/789733/buzz-chat-with-carolyn-castiglia-vinita-nair.jhtml

"Sorry, we are unable to offer this video to users in your region"

What do they say and who is in the panel?

ronia
09-06-2012, 07:33 AM
This is wrong on so many levels.

The Lost Child
09-06-2012, 07:50 AM
the second name for duplicity is Oprah.
I am sure Paris has best intentions and is simply trying to live her own life, but I just wish someone would open her eyes reg. to Oprah and ppl like her.

christy
09-06-2012, 03:23 PM

Probably One of the many hangers-on for their 15 minutes.
Anything to get near Paris
A means to an end.
Paris's too young to know of such harsh reality. Just like Okrah is using her.

AngieJ
09-06-2012, 03:57 PM

Loved what those women said.

MJTheKing
09-06-2012, 04:09 PM
http://kingofpop-kids.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/paris_oprah3.jpg

I've been watching Oprah show since I was a toddler , I always wonder why she can't act normal when she brings Michael Jackson's discussions , she always seems to have these uncomfortable facial expressions and you can see it clearly in this picture ...

souldreamer7
09-06-2012, 05:02 PM
I think it says a lot though about Harpo when in one of her either behind the scenes or next chapter eipsodes where she stated the only 2 people with whom she ever interviewed she got real nervous and the two people were
Current President of USA Barack Obama & Michael Jackson.

MsCassieMollie
09-06-2012, 05:43 PM
"Sorry, we are unable to offer this video to users in your region"

What do they say and who is in the panel?
Well the moms said that they felt Oprah was exploiting Paris grief for ratings (or something to that extent) just like for Whitney Houston's daughter Bobbi Kristina. The ladies are mad at Oprah for that. I agree with them.

MsCassieMollie
09-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Probably One of the many hangers-on for their 15 minutes.
Anything to get near Paris
A means to an end.
Paris's too young to know of such harsh reality. Just like Okrah is using her.
You don't even know her. Paris probably wanted Michaela to visit on the show. She just a friend from school and they met in acting class actually back in 2009/2010. I think Michaela is one of Paris true friends. Michaela seems to be VERY genuine IMO. You don't see her tweeting Paris like crazy like some friends & fans do or talk about her on Twitter much.

Btw, Michaela's uncle is THE Billy Blanks, the creator of Taebo. Michaela is a model and works as a host on a TV show. Her brother actually is a young MJ dance imitator.

MsCassieMollie
10-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Oprah tweeted this today:

Mark V. Reyes ‏@markvreyes
@Oprah 's Next Chapter has got 2 be one of the best produced shows on tv. India episode is mind blowing

1h Oprah Winfrey ‏@Oprah
@markvreyes I agree with you. Especially about the INDIA episodes. Tomorrow nite with Paris Jackson and Fifty cent also excellent.
10:55 PM - 9 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone

SEAN DENIZARD© ‏@SEANDENIZARD
@Oprah Paris has grown to be such a beautiful young lady. @OWNTV

29m Oprah Winfrey ‏@Oprah
@SEANDENIZARD the girl is GORGEOUS! Her eyes are turquoise.
11:39 PM - 9 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone

MsCassieMollie
10-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Well the interview is tonight. I'll be the "watcher" for those who aren't watching tonight (I don't have Nielsen box so I'm not giving Oprah ratings). While the interview is going on, I'll post a what Oprah asked Paris and Paris answers (paraphrasing).

Moonwalker.Fan
10-06-2012, 08:31 PM
... and post a video, but dont name it Oprah..., YT will block it..., better: Paris interview II

marebear
10-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Thank you for doing that for us.

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Interview is in an hour.

Petrarose
11-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Thanks for that letter. I agree with it, because sometimes it is important to let people see how their shameful behavior is the cause of the problems they are currently facing. If she was more truthful towards Michael in relaying an ethical account of the proceedings on her various shows, she would have received numerous rewards in the future. You eventually sow what you reap and it is good that she knows about it. I hope her people read it and relay the message to her. What is even more distasteful is that she continued her disdainful remarks after Michael's death and then used his mother to show him in a negative light. I am sure no one forgot how she prodded Katherine.

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Oprah just had to show the Blanket balcony incident...

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Oprah comes into the house. Both Paris & Katherine are there to greet her. They hugged.

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:06 AM
As the three walk thru the house, Katherine says she fell in love with their new house in Calabasas. She doesn't want to move back to Hayvenhurst. Katherine chokes up when she talks about Michael...

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Katherine says when she looks at MJ's children, she cries (they remind her of Michael)...

Kat said she loves them. Paris gives Katherine a kiss and hug. So sweet :love:

souldreamer7
11-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Yeah...Paris giving her Grandma a hug was sweet. I'm watching it as well. It's on commerical now.

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Oh yeah, Oprah asked Paris if she likes her new home more than Hayvenhurst. Paris says no.

The Brown Gangsta
11-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Oprah just had to show the Blanket balcony incident...

Of course she did.....

Was there any commentary or context around that?

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:16 AM
But they did show a lot of scenes of Mike & the kids (surprisingly mostly good) like one where Prince and Paris singing that song to Mike :love: and the one at Paris bday party.

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:18 AM
Paris says gets cyberbullied (from kids at school) a lot. She says a lot of people don't like her... :sad:

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:20 AM
Paris says she loves acting. They show a clip of her in film rehearsal for "Lundon's Bridge".

Interview is done. But to add Paris said she and her brothers are doing alright (since Michael's death). She said she & them miss him and love him with all their hearts. Paris says she has many memories of him. She looks like she was about to cry. :weep:

Paris wanted Oprah to meet her best friend from school Michaela. You can tell they are really close. So sweet. Michaela says she's very proud of Paris. Paris showed Oprah her room and the MJ memorabilia there. Then they had dinner and they took pictures.

yanmjj
11-06-2012, 01:29 AM
MsCassieMollie ,you"re so nice , I cant watch it now, please tell us more .

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 01:31 AM
^^Thank you. :) Oh the interview is done lol. I posted some tidbits in the last page and this one.

suzynyc
11-06-2012, 01:42 AM
That was a sweet interview but toooo short! How sad when Mrs. Jackson cried. :(

Now during a break in the 50 cent interview they showed Paris' bedroom and her pet parrot talking lol.

marebear
11-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Thank you very much. I don't get why they had to show the balcony incident. That is irrelevant. I think for Katherine having the kids gives her some comfort. Did they tour the house like is their a pictire of Michael there?

max000
11-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Of course she did.....

Was there any commentary or context around that?

It was part of the opening package, showing how much MJ wanted to protect his kids. Still the balcony should have been omitted.

The interview was not extraordinary. Paris is a pro with these interviews. The new house is off the charts beautiful. Paris loves both homes but prefers havenhurst.

ivy
11-06-2012, 01:54 AM
from twitter, start reading from the bottom

sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
the Paris interview is officially over, and now she's talking about 50 Cent. The Paris interview was MUCH shorter than I thought it would be
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
30m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Her "interview" with Paris was more like a quick 10 minute chat! I think that's all there is to it, and if so it was good overall IMO
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
30m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah was impressed with Paris' bedroom which was full of MJ memorabilia! I guess it's over now because coming up next is 50 Cent.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
31m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Paris now introduces Oprah to her best friend Mikala. She supports Paris and is proud of her!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
31m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
of MJ throughout the day at school
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
32m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Paris said she's doing "alright" but still misses him a lot. It never gets easier for her, and she smiles when she has fond memories
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
32m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
She dances whenever she hears his songs while out and about, unless its a sad song like You Are Not Alone, which makes her cry
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
33m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
She is closer with Blanket and has more in common with him. She realized at age 9 that MJ was famous. MJ's music comforts her
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
33m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
"normal" examples of MJ, & Paris said that she was grounded "a lot", mostly for fighting with Blanket. But she's close to both her brothers
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
34m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah said she was "surprised" during her 2010 interview that MJ would cook for them as Paris stated back then. Oprah asks for more
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
35m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah asked how would MJ feel about his kids being in the public eye & how he would feel about her acting. Paris says acting is her passion
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
35m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
it's funny how that part wasn't included in the promo clip! LOL!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
36m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah said MJ was "smart, smart" for doing it! This is a first! Oprah actually complimented MJ!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
36m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oh boy....here's the question about the masks! Paris was confused at first but looking back she understands it now
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
37m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
her back, and she doesn't like it. She's not allowed to go out on a single date, but can date "in a group".
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
37m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Paris says not everyone likes her, and it's jealousy perhaps. She knows that people use her, so she pushes away. They talk about her behind
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
38m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
She is cyberbullied, too! but Paris said it "doesn't really work". Oprah is surprised and thinks everyone would want to be Paris' friend
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
38m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Paris thinks school is more "normal" and stays away from "drama" with other girls at school. Overall, she loves it, despite being bullied
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
39m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah and Paris are now on the couch. Paris likes the privacy of the new estate, and has to have security with her at all times.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
44m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Now Oprah is about to talk to Paris after the commercial break. Paris will talk about high school, BEING BULLIED, and masks!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
44m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
KJ said that because Paris kept begging, she allowed her to do acting, even though she wondered if this is what MJ would allow
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
45m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah said that Paris has grown 3 inches (and she has!) KJ is "very proud" of how she has grown up!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
45m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah asked KJ about raising teenagers, and she's glad that she's doing it. KJ is now crying over MJ and Oprah hugged her to comfort her
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
46m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
KJ said that Whitney's death brought back painful memories of MJ's death, and she really felt for Whitney's mom
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
46m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
over it. KJ broke down while talking to Oprah's producers about MJ!
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
47m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah, Katherine, and Paris are standing in the kitchen, and KJ said that time is helping her cope with MJ's death, but she'll NEVER get
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
47m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
Oprah started by asking Katherine why she left Hayvenshurt, and KJ said they needed someplace to stay while Hay. was remodeled
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
48m sanemjfan ‏@sanemjfan
For those of you who cannot or will not watch Oprah's interview, I'll do real time updates throughout the interview

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 02:00 AM
Cute. Paris talks about Christmas. Oprah asked her what she got Michael for Christmas, and Paris laughs and says they usually took his own things, things he really liked, wrapped them, and gave them to him.

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/Webisode-Paris-Jacksons-Favorite-Books-Video

marebear
11-06-2012, 02:04 AM
Thank you. I wish people would not bully anyone. It's not right.

marebear
11-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Cute. Paris talks about Christmas. Oprah asked her what she got Michael for Christmas, and Paris laughs and says they usually took his own things, things he really liked, wrapped them, and gave them to him.

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/Webisode-Paris-Jacksons-Favorite-Books-Video

LOL. What would Michael say?

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 02:05 AM
Paris talks about her love of reading. She once read 27 books in a week. That sounds SO much like Michael!

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/Webisode-Paris-Jackson-on-Christmas-with-Michael-Jackson-Video

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 02:08 AM
Paris talking about life with her dad.

http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/Webisode-Paris-Jacksons-Favorite-Memories-of-Her-Father-Video

Oprah AGAIN asks Paris of her favorite fondest memory (even though she asked her back in 2010). Again, Paris gives the SAME ANSWER. (About being on the roof, eating Snickers and drinking Soda in Vegas, quality time with just her and her dad) I think Oprah should have gone and watched her own interview with the kids before she did this interview.

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 02:15 AM
TMZ sucks.

Paris Jackson
I Am a Victim of Bullying!

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/06/10/0610-paris-jackson-video-2.jpg
Paris Jackson says she is going through the things every teenager goes through ... which unfortunately these days includes being the victim of bullying.

Michael Jackson's only daughter sat down with Oprah Winfrey for an interview on tonight's episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter." Paris is no longer being home schooled and she's says the girls at her new private school have tried to bully her ... but she says, "It doesn't work."

Paris also says she (much like her father) is very wary of people trying to use. She told O, "If I feel someone is being fake to me, I will just push away."

She's definitely learned a thing or two from dear old dad.

marebear
11-06-2012, 02:19 AM
i hope this doesn't make things worse for her at school.

11-06-2012, 02:22 AM
I bet she asked more questions but she cut out a lot. Thank you Cassie for keeping us updated! :)

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 02:25 AM
I bet she asked more questions but she cut out a lot. Thank you Cassie for keeping us updated! :)
You're welcome! :)

MsCassieMollie
11-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Katherine reacts to the CM trial. Paris is standing next to Oprah.

In November 2011, Dr. Conrad Murray was sentenced to four years for involuntary manslaughter in the death of music legend Michael Jackson. Watch as Michael's mother, Katherine, shares her thoughts on the sentence with Oprah and reveals whether it brought her closure.

Webisode: Katherine Jackson on Conrad Murray's Sentencing - Video - OWN TV (http://www.oprah.com/own-oprahs-next-chapter/Webisode-Katherine-Jackson-on-Conrad-Murrays-Sentencing-Video#ixzz1xRnyaTUW)

11-06-2012, 02:30 AM
It's sad to know in Paris' school have tried to bully her. :( They were definitely safest at Michael's guidance and care, at least they had a more normal childhood! :sigh: :(

The Brown Gangsta
11-06-2012, 02:31 AM
So if the ratings come back huge for this show, I wonder if Oprah will give Paris her own talk show in order to save her network.

Middle school girls are the worst when it comes to bullying so hopefully things will settle down for her once she hits her high school years.

P.S. How much did they actually talk about Lundon's Bridge? The summaries seem like it is 99% about Michael. For someone who hates him so much she seems so interested in finding out everything about him (except for the actual facts from the 2005 trial which she convieniently ignores))

marebear
11-06-2012, 02:41 AM
I don't get it either. I don't get why she won't look at the truth and ignore it yet want to ask all these questions about him.