Oprah to Interview Paris Jackson For A 2nd Time on "Next Chapter" Airing This Summer!

Oprah knows!! She aired the "behind-the-scenes-footages" from last time she interviewed Kat and the kids and she said she was concerned about interiewing the kids knowing what MJ feels and she didnt want his ghost to visit her during the nights.

Well Randy did tweet how MJ would never want his children around someone like Oprah and Taj also said they "family knows what Oprah did/said" but according to him, it's a great platform to show the real Michael...

She knows. Oprah doesn't want to know the real Michael. She just cares about ratings. If Paris or her brothers want to get into show business there will magazine and tv interviews etc. Not everyone will love Michael or will be a fan of his. That's fine. I never push that on anybody. Some people you don't really know what they think of Michael. But Oprah made it painfully obvious what she thought and I think his family giving her the time of day is wrong. There are lots of other platforms to use. I am not projecting anything on Paris. I am only thinking of Michael and I guess my bad is thinking letting his daughter be interviewed by someone who thinks he is a child molester not right.

When I was younger than Paris, I never let anyone disrespect my father nor would I deal with anyone else like that but like the old saying goes, a hard head makes a soft behind.

I understand what you're saying Petrarose but it just hurts to see what Michael worked so hard to instill in his children thrown away so early and his wishes so clearly disregarded.

They don't have to talk to Oprah to make it in show business. The only thing they really need to do is give people some good entertainment and the fans and the acclaim and the money will come.

But, Paris has never disrespected her father, or anyone, has she? None of us know what this interview is about yet. All we know is that she talked to Oprah. Is it too premature to see this as a betrayal?

I understand fans' concerns. We want Paris to be successful and healthy. However, we have to keep in mind none of us here has any personal interaction with Paris. We feel we know the children, but we don't. How do we know the values Michael instilled in the children are being thrown away? In many regards, what Paris is doing is no different than many other teenagers her age. She's growing up. Like Gaz said, she will make mistakes, just like any one of us. We have to stop scrutinize every one of her moves. Just let her be.

I echo Petrarose's sentiment. We have to keep a distance. We can't expect the children to be exactly what Michael wanted them to be. I don't think I'm exactly the way my mom wanted me to be. Nonetheless, she still loves me. It's reality. Moreover, we'll never understand Paris' challenges. None of us here is the daughter of the most famous man in the world.

The children have no responsibility to answer to their father's fans. They have their own lifes to live. They have their own dreams to pursue.

It's kind of hard for people not to scrutinise and to keep their distance when paris is going on hour long tv interviews, that's the whole issue about the dangers of media exposure - there are negatives as well as positives and she'll unfortunately have to be prepared for that.

petrarose said:
Guys I think you all should slacken your attachments to Paris a little. She is growing up and wants to be an actress. She will go after shows where she will be exposed, so like the uncles and aunts she will seek out all the big TV programs.

I understand the point you were making in your post, petrarose, about not letting what the children do affect us personally, but this is what i find really irritating about this 2nd oprah interview. It's not a big prog with high ratings, oprah is struggling on a network that might get the plug pulled. So she's callling in favours from her famous friends and contacts to land big interviews. And who obliges - the jacksons of all people! It's clear as day that oprah thinks mj is a child m*lestor, that he was abused by his parents, and she has shown no compassion whatsoever for mj, not even releasing a statement when he died, and yet the family think paris should do oprah a favour by giving her a high rated prog? At least with bobby christina whitney's interview, oprah had been a friend to whitney. Sorry, but to me the jackson family don't seem to have any self respect.

It's kind of hard for people not to scrutinise and to keep their distance when paris is going on hour long tv interviews, that's the whole issue about the dangers of media exposure - there are negatives as well as positives and she'll unfortunately have to be prepared for that.

I understand the point you were making in your post, petrarose, about not letting what the children do affect us personally, but this is what i find really irritating about this 2nd oprah interview. It's not a big prog with high ratings, oprah is struggling on a network that might get the plug pulled. So she's callling in favours from her famous friends and contacts to land big interviews. And who obliges - the jacksons of all people! It's clear as day that oprah thinks mj is a child m*lestor, that he was abused by his parents, and she has shown no compassion whatsoever for him, and yet the family think paris should do oprah a favour by giving her a high rated prog? Sorry, but to me the family don't seem to have any self respect.

Well yes... OWN is failing. But, many A-listers were on Oprah's Next Chapter. Lady Gaga and Steve Tylor were on the program once. Like it or not, Oprah is still very influential. Let me be clear here. I'm never a fan of Oprah. I don't care what she has to say and have never understood her appeal. But, I'd be in denial if I say she's nobody, even if OWN flops.

I totally see what Oprah's positions on the child abuse allegations prior to Michael's death. What I can't say for sure is whether her position has changed after talking to Katherine and the children. Has her view evolved? I don't know. May be she has changed her view. May be she hasn't. May be it's solely an attempt for high ratings.

Many people who belived the worst have since changed their opinions after researching details of Michael after his passing. Do we consider those people haters and fake forever? Or, we move on and say it's better late than never.

It really pains me to think about what Michael had to deal with in life. The level of injustice, bias and jealousy against him was appalling. But, what happened in the past cannot be changed. We can only hope that more people will see the truth and come to a different conclusion.

Last edited:
Oh don't get me wrong, i would love anyone to come out and say they've changed their minds about mj, inc oprah as they can influence people. Glen beck i believe has said he doesn't belive the arvizo case anymore. But unless these public figures say so publically, i'm not interested and i don't see oprah saying anything about a change of heart after the previous 2010 interview.

Also oprah is only as influential as the people who watch her show surely and it's the fact her ratings are so low means it's paris doing her a favour rather than the other way round. If you mean oprah being influential as a personality in the media and political worlds, well i still think it's humiliating to try and win her 'approval' and try and suck up to her, there are others in the media world who treated mj with more respect. [Anyway, last i heard michelle banned oprah from the white house for 'being fat'! It's not just mj who gets bad publicity.]

I don't believe she has changed her opinion of Michael. He is gone so she has total access to his family and his children because they allow it. So if anyone from the family goes on Howard Stern or talk to Martin Bashir that's okay too then? It's a platform for them to promote whatever. Last year everyone had a huge problem with KISS performing on the concert. The family allowed it and if it wasn't for fans complaining they would have performed even though they think Michael hurt children. I don't understand how one thing is okay and the other isn't. They all think the same of Michael.

Just puts a bad taste in your mouth. What Lilly Collins and Zoe Kravitz do is promotion. What's being done with Paris is just her unnecessarily being put out there.

What's all the fuss about? World war 3 breaks out, every time Paris Jackson courts the media.?

This is what showbiz folks do. Live with it.!!!!

Do you live in a cave or something? Do you not notice that you don't see other celeb kids with acting careers this overexposed? And these kids, unlike Paris are in high profile studio films. We don't see the kids from Spielberg's latest film this overexposed, but we see Paris all the time?

Guys, I can not echo Petrarose's sentiments more so.

We simply have to adjust to what is now or you for eternity will be spinning in circles.

Paris is not Michael and is not a replacement for him to transferring your love from the being of Michael to Paris will only ever hurt you all over and over.

By golly Paris will make mistakes, she is young and has to learn life.

I ask you all to back of poor Paris let her be let her follow her own path away from what we were all used to when Michael was here as I know its hard to accept and say but he is not, and that my dears is something we have to come to terms with.

All for love of course.

Agree..also let's wait and see, what the interview will bring...until now the kids didn't do anything, that would really bother me.

Paris is not a little kid anymore. I blame her for doing this, and of course the Jacksons. But I think they didn't force her to do that. She wants to be on TV, she wants to be some kind of a teen star (like her new friends Justin Bieber, Will Smith kids or her idol Chris Brown), she likes the attention that she is recieving. She has her twitter, she has access to youtube, she could have done a little research about that woman before doing that show. Did she do that and decide to do that interview anyway?? There are numerous clips on youtube where Oprah is making fun of Michael and adding disgusting comments about him. What's next, interview with Martin Bashir?

Only good thing that can come out from this is if Paris talk publicly against Eddie Cascio and the fake songs, but I doubt that that will happen. I think that she's under a bad influence from LaToya and that she doesn't even know which songs are fake and which are not. Maybe she didn't even listen the whole album (like her aunt). Imagine if she starts talking about that and say that Hollywood Tonight is not her "daddy". That would be a disaster.

Last edited:
Uh oh...Chances are she'll maybe ask a little about the movie. But I'm betting at the least 95% of the interview will be about Michael. What will a 13 year old girl have to talk about personally for two hours? Let me rephrase that: What would Michael Jackson's 13 year old daugther have to talk about for two hours? Hmm.This is a shame but Michael knows what is going on, I believe. I also believe he is guiding Paris in every which way. He is here for her. I just can't believe the family let's this stuff happen.

Uh oh...Chances are she'll maybe ask a little about the movie. But I'm betting at the least 95% of the interview will be about Michael. What will a 13 year old girl have to talk about personally for two hours? Let me rephrase that: What would Michael Jackson's 13 year old daugther have to talk about for two hours? Hmm.This is a shame but Michael knows what is going on, I believe. I also believe he is guiding Paris in every which way. He is here for her. I just can't believe the family let's this stuff happen.

How is he guiding her exactly?

The interview is guided towards MJ fans so to not get bothered by it is hard to ask. It's not like Paris has her own fans from her own career that will have people tuneing in. She is famous right now just for being MJs kid, we all know that. All I hope is we don't have another episode of Joe wondering about. Also cousins and associates of the Jacksons trying to get their 15min of fame and hoggin O for pics and her autograph like last time. Which was shown behind the scenes and was straight up embarassing to watch. That's why it's hard to believe that members of the family had issues with O interviewing the kids the first time around like Taj said. Because the ass kissin displayed they showed O said another story! -_- And it's happening again by granting her another interview!

Last edited:

She's 14 now.

The interview is guided towards MJ fans so to not get bothered by it is hard to ask. It's not like Paris has her own fans from her own career that will have people tuneing in. She is famous right now just for being MJs kid, we all know that. All I hope is we don't have another episode of Joe wondering about. Also cousins and associates of the Jacksons trying to get their 15min of fame and hoggin O for pics and her autograph like last time. Which was shown behind the scenes and was straight up embarassing to watch. That's why it's hard to believe that members of the family had issues with O interviewing the kids the first time around like Taj said. Because the ass kissin displayed they showed O said another story! -_- And it's happening again by granting her another interview!

That's what they did? It just shows that to them it's okay how she treated Michael. They know yet they embrace her. They get attention from Oprah. That makes no sense to me at all. The it's showbusiness argument doesn't work for me.

Can't she just leave Michael's children alone! :mad:
Isn't Paris or the rest of the family aweare how disrespectful and bitchy she has been towards Michael!? :thinking:

Ophah put her "hooks" into these children in last interview. Now her goal is to be "pals" with them.

I'll bet you anything once they turn 18, she will be asking VERY personal questions about their relationship with their father.

Oh don't get me wrong, i would love anyone to come out and say they've changed their minds about mj, inc oprah as they can influence people. Glen beck i believe has said he doesn't belive the arvizo case anymore. But unless these public figures say so publically, i'm not interested and i don't see oprah saying anything about a change of heart after the previous 2010 interview.

Also oprah is only as influential as the people who watch her show surely and it's the fact her ratings are so low means it's paris doing her a favour rather than the other way round. If you mean oprah being influential as a personality in the media and political worlds, well i still think it's humiliating to try and win her 'approval' and try and suck up to her, there are others in the media world who treated mj with more respect. [Anyway, last i heard michelle banned oprah from the white house for 'being fat'! It's not just mj who gets bad publicity.]

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with Paris going on tv to promote her future career, but being interviewed by a person who insinuated her father was a ............... is kind of a blow to Michael. I don't think Paris means that way but she should do some research on the interviewer before a sit down. Now if she knows what O insinuated & how she made fun of her father and still wants to go, then i think her future career, at this time, it's more important. Also if she's surrounded by people who had sat with O, then probably she might think that's ok. I wish Paris the best &hope her & her brother's dreams come true.

That's what they did? It just shows that to them it's okay how she treated Michael. They know yet they embrace her. They get attention from Oprah. That makes no sense to me at all. The it's showbusiness argument doesn't work for me.
Yes, it was a behind the scenes special about how they got an the interview with Katherine...but, most imortantly MJ kids. And how desperate O and her staff was too get the kids and without the kids they pretty much did not want that interview. The kids were the GOAL! When they finally got the news they got the kids two women from O staff startin cryin. o_O

In the behind the scenes O and her staff clearly were annoyed by Joe even being there. They looked creeped out by him litterally! O even said she was not there to interview him and she also was surprised by the amount of people that were invited in the house by the Jacksons just because she was there and who were all tryin o get her attention. Her staff wanted to get her out a soon as possible. So in no way were the Jacksons in my opinion even concern over O's negativity towards MJ. They were OVER F*CKIN thrilled this women was in their home!

Last edited:
@Bluetopez, staffers from the Oprah show literally cried when they found out Oprah could interview the kids? How odd, did they explain why they cried?

@Bluetopez, staffers from the Oprah show literally cried when they found out Oprah could interview the kids? How odd, did they explain why they cried?

Probably because of this:
Michael Jackson's Kids Among Barbara Walters' 'Most Fascinating People
ABC says Walters' upcoming special, "The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2009," will include a profile of the late King of Pop's kids: Paris, Prince Michael and Prince Michael II (known as Blanket).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hype around then hasn't died down, they still are fascinating, so of course Oprah's staff are happy that Oprah got them to her program.

Ophah put her "hooks" into these children in last interview. Now her goal is to be "pals" with them.

I'll bet you anything once they turn 18, she will be asking VERY personal questions about their relationship with their father.

You really think she's going to wait until she's 18? If Oprah doesn't tick one of these boxes: paternity, allegations, drugs, then I'll be amazed, I can't see any other point in Oprah wanting to speak to her. She doesn't want to hear about MJ being normal or being a good father. She wants to be the first one to get the scoop on those specific things. Oh and maybe Michael's plastic surgery too, you know, just anything about the "freakshow" factor about MJ that everyone wants to hit the headlines with. I expect to see Oprah acting sympathetic that poor Paris had to have a father like that.

Yes, it was a behind the scenes special about how they got an the interview with Katherine...but, most imortantly MJ kids. And how desperate O and her staff was too get the kids and without the kids they pretty much did not want that interview. The kids were the GOAL! When they finally got the news they got the kids two women from O staff startin cryin. o_O

In the behind the scenes O and her staff clearly were annoyed by Joe even being there. They looked creeped out by him litterally! O even said she was not there to interview him and she also was surprised by the amount of people that were invited in the house by the Jacksons just because she was there and who were all tryin o get her attention. Her staff wanted to get her out a soon as possible. So in no way were the Jacksons in my opinion even concern over O's negativity towards MJ. They were OVER F*CKIN thrilled this women was in their home!

It"s like there are no other reporters in the world. Why Oprah ??!!!!
Oprah is a hypocrite , and we all know what she thought of Michael. She should not be allowed near them , never.
What a stupid move.

I think this interview is a home interview. The background looks like their Calabasas home.

ParisOprah.gif
Paris Jackson seems to get more beautiful each time time I see her again. :wub:

Well, I'm not a big fan of Oprah's; but obviously Katherine Jackson is.
Oprah does have good professional contacts, and she is smart in business matters.
My prayer is that Oprah's motherly instincts will take hold of her, and that she,
Oprah, will take time to wisely counsel each of Michael's three children: Prince, Paris, and Blanket.
:angel:

Thanks MsCassieMollie. This picture is a keeper.
Mrs. Katherine Jackson has a lovely home.
I just hope Michael Jackson's children know that everything they see in their home was lovingly worked for and paid for by their father.

You really think she's going to wait until she's 18? If Oprah doesn't tick one of these boxes: paternity, allegations, drugs, then I'll be amazed.

Yes, it'll prob be done euphemistically, 'challenges' your dad faced, or 'his troubles'. I'm really uncomfortable about it. If paris's interview with ellen, who was a fan and good with kids (oprah isn't), resulted in the headline, paris ridicules jack* (daily mail), i'm feeling kinda anxious. To be brutally honest, the big get for the media from now on is to get a chlld of mj's to publically diss him. And as we have seen with countless 'friends' and family, they constantly come out with stuff that can be spun negatively, so imagine how difficult it is for a child, still unused to the ways of the media.

It makes me sad to see how fame hungry some of them are. I don't understand why they don't realize how much of a burden fame can be considering everything it's done to that family...

Yes, agree with blue topaz it was excrutiating to watch all the famiy swarming round oprah in the last interview. Did they not notice how she subtly dissed them when they all said they wanted to be singers etc, and oprah feigned surprise and said noone wants to be a doctor/lawyer? I wish they wd get some self respect, she has no time for them.

Oh, and as for an airing date for the interview, i would pay good money to bet it being aired as close to 25 june as poss.

Back