What's up with the Freddie Mercury duets?

HIStory

Proud Member
Last time I heard about them it was Brian May saying that they plan to release the three songs and that the MJ Estate gave its blessings. So when do you think will they be released?

would be interesting to know..

No idea, but I had forgotten about those now that you mention it .. I hope it's sometime this year so we have more to look forward to.

They were supposed to come out in 2012 according to Brian May?

As far as I know, they're finished (and have been for quite a while now). They just have no idea when and how to release them as they already have their releases planned and worked on for 2013. I'm sure they'll come up this year somehow...

any queen-fans know more about this?

Somethin unrelated to the topic, but i have always wonderd why wasn't queen invited, or at least freddie, to sing in We Are The World?..

^ they were on tour that year. Plus Freddie was dealing with his solo album and Queen had another album in works. I don't think they had time really. They might have been at the other side of the world during We Are The World.

^ they were on tour that year. Plus Freddie was dealing with his solo album and Queen had another album in works. I don't think they had time really. They might have been at the other side of the world during We Are The World.

Thats a pity. Imagine him and stevie going at it. That would have been something

any queen-fans know more about this?

Unfortunately that's all everybody knows. Check the more popular Queen forums and see for yourself.

Like I said, they're most likely finished at this point but due to their currently planned releases for this year it's very unclear how and when the MJ&FM duets will pop out. Especially since most of the stuff in their pipeline is good old live stuff.

If I knew Brian and Roger better (and I do!) it could be years until they remember to release these. I mean, it's been more than a decade ago since they promised their fans some Anthology release(s) and there's still no sings of them being on their way.

My advice is don't wait for these, they'll come when they come.

hmm, Bob Geldof was there, but in the chorus only.
If I remember right WATW was just American artists as UK had Band Aid, the only reason Bob Geldof was there is because he was involved with it in some way, think I remember reading somewhere that it was Bob that phoned Michael and asked him to do it, I could be completely wrong though as my memory isn't what it used to be lol.

If I remember right WATW was just American artists as UK had Band Aid, the only reason Bob Geldof was there is because he was involved with it in some way, think I remember reading somewhere that it was Bob that phoned Michael and asked him to do it, I could be completely wrong though as my memory isn't what it used to be lol.

Yes, I think the same. I just mentioned Bob because he's not American :D
But I'm not sure if he was the only one in WATW ...

Just imagine Michael and Freddie performing live together......:swoon:

Not that I know of - Brian and Roger seem to be pretty tight-lipped about releases because plans could always easily change. I would like to think that these tracks are still going ahead, though.

I heard that The Sun allegedly posted an article in '92, claiming that Michael was leaving a London studio, shortly followed by Brian and Roger. If it's true, maybe he recorded more vocals for the duets. I've heard another rumour that the tracks have been updated already, but both camps have to be satisfied with them for it to be released.

Hopefully the tracks are released in the near future. There was a rumor about a "duets" album being worked on as an MJ release. Maybe the tracks will appear on that if it happens.....Personally I'd rather not have a duets album.

I hope we get to hear them. It is my personal opinion that Michael and Freddie were two of the greatest vocalists. Their voices undeniably amazing (understatement? ha)

Back