Katie Couric talks about Michael Jackson on Jimmy Kimmel

ivy

Proud Member
She talks about meeting Michael and how Michael asked her out. (there's mention of his nose in the end)

Video

OK she was asked out & said no because she wanted to be on the good side of the tabloids. She didn't want that mess in her life, so this means she knows how the tabloids act. What I do not understand is since they know the tabloids are like that, how come they quote them all the time. For instance, she sees 2 thin tapes on his nose & says she thinks it was a time when his nose was collapsing. Didn't that information come from the tabloids. Why was it necessary to mention the nose? Now she is sorry she did not go on a date? At least I am happy she was honest to say why she did not go.

Anyone know what about her was of interest to Michael? Was he interested romantically or just interested in her conversations.

How about the interviewer suggesting that she would have been fed to the giraffe--you know the strange Michael.

The ???
Someone asks you out and you ridicule him to the world? What are you - 12?
Man, people never cease to amaze me. What a bunch of career people willing to walk over anything and anyone. Again and again, ice cold. Thank God she didn't get close to him.

The only good think out of this one. "Shmuley? He's a real attention wh**e."

^^I agree with you especially about the Rabbi part. As you know everyone in the media want to be associated with the idea that Michael is strange. Well now I finally see who this Koric woman is. Let that be the first & last time.

Ha Pace I did not know abut the luncheon remark. Sounds so much like Michael.....

Ditched the interview, when the topic was MJ. She always called him creepy during her hosting days on NBC Today Show.

You know on further thought I am thinking to myself : Why would Michael want to date someone who could be literally running an 'undercover' action him?? Imagine the damage if that goes wrong.

I'm wondering if Shmuley suddenly took it upon himself to call Couric without having been asked to do so. You know, Shmuley could always justify himself as "matchmaker"... But I'm sure Shmuley was the one who would have lovedlovedloved a direct line to media.
I bet Michael's side of the story would have been quite insightful.

No wonder Shmuley and his 'friendship' got sacked.

She has said this before. She met him and then Schmuly the cretin tried to arrange a date and she said no--so what--did Michael ok this or was it Boteach's idea? There is no way MJ would find a prominent journalist someone he wanted to date. So it must have been Boteach at work trying to do what he thought was a good idea--it wasn't. Get over it, Katie.

Good that she always keep it as the rabbi calling her. I would get concerned if she starts saying it was Michael on the line. Most likely the Rabi was trying to be his usual "helpful" self.

You know what? I just remembered that Heal The World lunch with Michael speaking of our favorite attention hogger Shmuley 'finding him a woman."
"As long as she is not a journalist". Take that...Michael is the master of the unexpected verbal punch...

I always thought that was Shmuley asking her out for Michael, and that joke kind of confirmed it for me.

Michael has better wingmen than the Rabbit.

I agree that it was probably just the Rabbi's idea.

1) She's a journalist. That in itself is a big turnoff for Michael.
2) I don't think he'd need the rabbi as a matchmaker if he was really interested in someone.

The rabbi always seemed to want to marry Michael to someone. Maybe Michael made a remark about her being pretty or something and the rabbi took it a bit too seriously and already saw the wedding bells ring.

2) I don't think he'd need the rabbi as a matchmaker if he was really interested in someone.

The rabbi always seemed to want to marry Michael to someone. Maybe Michael made a remark about her being pretty or something and the rabbi took it a bit too seriously and already saw the wedding bells ring.

That's what I think, he made some off the cuff remark about how she's pretty or nice, the Rabbit maybe thought "Wow, I bet he never compliments women like that" and ran off with it.

And now we have to watch her milk it (which is precisely why I'd imagine MJ would never want people like the Rabbit to be his wing man).

Katie Couric! I had to read that joint twice, before it registered.

Now why, all of a sudden, would Miz Couric mention Michael Jackson's name. She must be looking for some attention for her daytime talk show, because Lord knows ain't nobody thinking about Katie Couric since she left the anchor desk at CBS.

Just my opinion, but I have come to realize, when you want some attention, no matter who you are, all you have to do is mention Michael Jackson's name and you "might" get some shine.

Sorry Katie, I still have NO interest in your talk show!

You'd think. But nothing will dissuade me from thinking mj held a bit of a candle for mary hart off entertainment tonight. There is such a cute tv segment of them together in '88 during the bad tour that mary hart used when she was retiring from the show a year or 2 back. He looked smitten, yes he did! Tatiana would have expired from ecstasy if he interacted with her like he did here.

There's BLONDE and then there's blonde. He likes big hair, he can't help it. And that's okay, my hairdresser is waiting for me...:wild::D

I seem to remember a certain Ms Presley trying that one. LOL

You'd think. But nothing will dissuade me from thinking mj held a bit of a candle for mary hart off entertainment tonight. There is such a cute tv segment of them together in '88 during the bad tour that mary hart used when she was retiring from the show a year or 2 back. He looked smitten, yes he did! Tatiana would have expired from ecstasy if he interacted with her like he did here.

LOL. I'd love to see that!

^Ha,ha beat me to it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk0N11gCiM

I'm not even going to apologise for derailing this thread with this little video. It's got cute bad era mj flirting with mary hart, holding hands, whispering in her ear 'i love you mary, i'm glad you're here' etc etc and inviting her to dinner. I'm telling you, karen faye and tatania would happily kill her.

In Todd Gold's book he says MJ asked someone if Mary was married.

If Mary said MJ's people had asked her out for him, I'd believe it, but I don't see MJ interacting with Couric the way he did Mary.

^^ Also I don't think he was as trustful with media people later as he was during Bad era.

So the Rabbit said MJ wanted dinner with her... dinner doesn't even always mean "dating."

When MJ was thinking about being interviewed with Larry King he also asked to meet him beforehand for dinner.

Oh boy imagine Michael whispering in your ear that he likes you & is sorry he is late!!! Wish it was me.

In the 80s Mary Hart was not like the paps who are down right nasty, so I could see why he would admire her show. I used to look at it too back then. Too bad Couric you missed out on that dinner that Hart finds so wonderful and is filled with great memories for her. Notice Hart did not talk about Michael's nose.

Jimmy Kimmel is a jerk and I'm really disappointed in Katie Couric,not that I ever liked her anyhow. Why do people have to be so cruel when they talk about Michael? They're just showing their intelligence....JERKS!!!!

It´s fascinating how some keep milking their stories when it comes to Michael. It starts with someone who "knew" Michael saying he asked someone out through someone.. and in the end that someone says something like "he wanted to marry me".

And I doubt he wanted to go out with her, for several reasons.

Back