Katie Couric talks about Michael Jackson on Jimmy Kimmel

ok, that's pretty indirect. third person. i don't know that MJ really asked her out. Schmuley said so, so I don't know that it's true. Besides...what for? lol. Quite frankly i don't see why anyone would want to go out with her.

Last edited:
I don't like her at all and I don't want to hear her put down Michael or talk about him. She had that Sullivan guy on her show to promote his book.

tumblr_mh9a4jdtm71rhk2w1o2_250.gif

Quite frankly i don't see why anyone would want to go out with her.

:fear:

I never bought into that goody girl BS image she likes to portray, not in the industry she is part of sorry! And I highly doubt MJ wanted to date a Journalist as he said. That's like a death sentence right there with the way they always treated him.

I bet that dinner story isn't even true and she told that to seek attention at Michael's expence. Why would Michael want to date with a "journalist" if she's been bias and mean to him? She showed how classless beatch she's making fun of him!

I found another video with Mary Hart. At least she speaks of him with respect (unlike Couric):

You know on further thought I am thinking to myself : Why would Michael want to date someone who could be literally running an 'undercover' action him?? Imagine the damage if that goes wrong.

I'm wondering if Shmuley suddenly took it upon himself to call Couric without having been asked to do so. You know, Shmuley could always justify himself as "matchmaker"... But I'm sure Shmuley was the one who would have lovedlovedloved a direct line to media.
I bet Michael's side of the story would have been quite insightful.

No wonder Shmuley and his 'friendship' got sacked.

I remember Shmuley talking about this incident in his book. I may remember this not quite exactly (don't have the book at hand at the moment, sorry), but I think Shmuley said that they met for a potential interview or something. Michael afterwards told Shmuley that he didn't want to do an interview, but he wanted to invite her for dinner instead, like a date, but he was too shy to ask, so he asked Shmuley to ask her out for him. Shmuley did, and she told him she was dating someone at the moment. That's according to his version of events.

It might have been that it really was his initiative, but it also might have been Michael's and his remark "as long as it's not a journalist..." later might have been aimed at her because he was hurt by her refusal. Who knows.

Last edited:
I don't think he needed anyone to ask someone out on a date for him. Despite being shy, he always seemed quite comfortable talking and flirting with women. He's definitely got better game than Shmuley.

I don't think he needed anyone to ask someone out on a date for him. Despite being shy, he always seemed quite comfortable talking and flirting with women. He's definitely got better game than Shmuley.

I think so too^^. Shmuley was the one who tried to tell Michael what to do, like telling him he should not let the fans hang around in the hotel, or words to that effect. Even if Michel wanted to have dinner, it may not have been a romantic thing, the way Couric and Shmuley is trying to depict. Further, he could easily pretend the outing was to discuss an interview & invite her out to dinner himself, if he was shy.

About the "journalist" comment being a response to him being hurt--how could it be? If he did not retaliate against Lisa with a "dig" when she said certain things after the divorce, why would he retaliate with a comment against Couric who meant nothing in his life. Just think about it that does not make sense. In one instance we have someone who had a relationship with him & he married, & in the other an "alleged" date proposal.

I highly doubt Michael'd ever had problems to get women, for freak sake, it's Michael Jackson millions of us women fall for him. I think he said in those conversations with the Rabbi he was dissapointed with women (in the romantic sense) and he wasn't interested to have a romantical relationship at the moment.

If Michael said he was disappointed in women romantically, in that moment, first of all, people have the habit of either misquoting or taking sentences out of context. Secondly, usually, any time a person, male or female has their heart broken, they tend to say they don't want a relationship, for a time..then, after they heal, they change their mind, it seems.
There's no way of knowing what Michael really felt, since he's always been surrounded by people that liked to...speak for him, as far as context is concerned.

The way Mary Hart explains her contact with Michael Jackson is quite different than Katie's.

It sounds like Michael and Katie didn't hit it off too well and Michael thought a more informal setting would be better pre-interview.

I've heard Michael talk about when people get to know Michael on a one-on-one, they come away with an entirely different approach about him.

Katie says she wasn't sure if she would be granted an interview with Michael and perhaps Michael wanted to take a different approach with her, a little less formal, having a meal together. The hospitality that Michael was extending in sharing a meal would cause another not to begrudge you!

Shmuley was being a noisy body tryin to hook MJ up! He was desperate to make MJ be "a normal dude" so he can have "credibility" like he said and not be a joke to the public anymore. He said in an interview on TV that MJ should had been married and that his kids should have a mother and all kinds of shit. He wanted to changed MJ life because he felt that's how MJ can gain the respect from the public again.

I think it's very stupid to try to change someone life style that freakin much in such a short time too! Why couldn't he just STFU and be a friend! He also mocked how MJ really did think he was this King and needed to stop thinking of himself in that way. Dude was u jealous?

I don't like "Friends" like these who want to tell u how to be. I know the feelin and I dropped their asses like a bad habit and I'm glad MJ did the same. I mean given advice is one thing but, trying to take over is another!

Ok, now I'm positive I cannot stand Katie Couric.. his nose collapsing? what the actual.. gosh, I'M GLAD Michael didn't go out with her otherwise, she'd be making big bucks out of telling the story & adding some extra stuff to ridicule Michael so hell no, next please.

Shmuley was being a noisy body tryin to hook MJ up! He was desperate to make MJ be "a normal dude" so he can have "credibility" like he said and not be a joke to the public anymore. He said in an interview on TV that MJ should had been married and that his kids should have a mother and all kinds of shit. He wanted to changed MJ life because he felt that's how MJ can gain the respect from the public again.

I think it's very stupid to try to change someone life style that freakin much in such a short time too! Why couldn't he just STFU and be a friend! He also mocked how MJ really did think he was this King and needed to stop thinking of himself in that way. Dude was u jealous?

I don't like "Friends" like these who want to tell u how to be. I know the feelin and I dropped their asses like a bad habit and I'm glad MJ did the same. I mean given advice is one thing but, trying to take over is another!

Yes, the Rabbi was very judgemental and he was very arrogant in thinking that the only way to live is how he and his religion dictates.

OK, I'm not gonna watch the interview. With the thread title in sight, I thought "Maybe another cute little story in there? I remember she did talk about being asked out by MJ."
Before clicking the play icon, I read a few posts right below, then I was like, "F*** it!"
Just tired of witnessing yet another one jumping on the post-humous bandwagon and I wasn't even looking at the video. Whether they sing his praise all the way, even though they used to trash him or sprinkle direct diss or subliminals here and there, it's all about bringing attention to themselves in the media.

these people don't have a life and they need to hear themself talking!

respect77;3772340 said:
Yes, the Rabbi was very judgemental and he was very arrogant in thinking that the only way to live is how he and his religion dictates.

I don´t remember where I read this and I´m searching for it. But I read that Shmuley wasn´t happy with what Michael already had, but he wanted him to get a jewish wife. Nothing wrong with jewish women at all, Debbie is, I am. But it wasn´t up to the Rabbi to change what Michael already had because Rabbi thought it wasn´t good enough.

^^The rabbi is like the media--trying to make Michael into a person they feel comfortable with. There is a relationship between Michael & the rabbi because the rabbi wanted something from him, and we all know what it was because we saw what happened with the relationship & the fraud.

I saw Shmuley on TV when he was promoting his betrayal book, you know the one Michael told him to write, but we don't have that permission on tape even though everything else is on tape. He was asked if he thinks the allegations was true, and the so & so threw up his hands in the air and said "I don't know." Thanks for being a good friend rabbi.

I am so happy I was alerted about the boycott of the book & that ts was available online for the curious to look at. Anyway he still got to make tons of money from fans because he wrote a second one. Good that fellow rabbis condemned his betrayal. Imagine we go to our religious person & spill our guts, crying, weeping & the person wait until we are dead & publish the whole thing. What a jerk. I wonder what he is preaching to his flock about humanity, trust, love, sacredness, unless he did this to Michael because Michael is not Jewish, because I can't see him treating a person from his Jewish congregation that way.

It was probably another reason why Shmuley and Michael Jackson parted ways, their differences in even Professionalism. What Michael Jackson would call Professionalism, Shmuley would call dating. Michael was interested in getting to know Shmuley on a professional level, working with him, but the personal differences just became more and more evident, especially with Michael making humour about Shmuley wanting Michael to date a journalist!

Heal The Kids - Michael Jackson's speech, February 14th, 2001

Ali Schumley hooked up with Michael because he wanted to use Michael's fame to get things that would help his Jewish community in the US. He had a plan of what they should do & I am glad it never materialized after he stole from the charity. Here is someone who should be in jail and is walking free living off the book sales of Michael's Tears.

I saw one of his books in a thrift store last year entitled "Kosher Sex."

KosherSexCover.jpg

Yes, Shmuley was more interested in making a Name for himself through Michael Jackson and it became evident to Michael about Shmuley's interest in how much money he could make, a fame whore!

The book "Kosher Sex," made a believer of Michael Jackson, that Shmuley was a wise man, except for Michael Jackson had to expose through humour, that Shmuley wasn't as smart as he thought he was, as depicted in the video I pointed out. This is why Katie Couric is so cryptic in her message about what went down between her and Shmuley concerning Michael Jackson!

^^Haa Take you to find that book. Now if rabbi says in the book that Couric said she had a boyfriend, & now on tv she claims she told the rabbi she was not seeing anyone, who is telling a lie here. What was the point she wanted to make about her young girls. Is it that they would be too excited? She also mentions the paps, which it seems she is afraid of.

Back