The One Rose for Michael Jackson at Forest Lawn World-wide fan event, June 25th 2013

myosotis

Proud Member
I hadn't seen this posted for June 2013, so mods please move if I've missed another thread.....

The 'One Rose' FB group is again 'open' for purchasing roses for Michael at Forest Lawn on June 25th this year. The current total of roses purchased as at 6th April 2013 is 1821. Purchases can be made up to appx 17th June 13.

The Facebook page with details and links is:
One Rose for Michael J. Jackson
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/OneRose4MJ/

The page with details about how to make a purchase and send a message is here:
http://onerose4mjj.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/purchasing-rose-for-june-25-2013.html

The Paypal address for rose purchases is:

onerose4mjj@gmail.com

Once you’ve purchased your rose(s), you should receive an email from both paypal and #OneRose4MJJ to verify your purchase. The email from the #OneRose4MJJ team with provide further instructions for sending your #MessageToMichael, so that it may be published to our memorial blog along with your rose badge. Our memorial blog:Celebrating Our Beloved Michael

Email: OneRose4MJJ@gmail.com

Once you’ve submitted your message via email #OneRose4MJJ will post it for you to the memorial page, but give us at least 24-48 hours for it to appear on the memorial site. We will email you to notify you when your message has been published, provide a link to your message and send you your personalized rose badge as well

Last edited:
Oh this is great! I was just talking about this in another thread with Petrarose. Thanks for starting this for this year. All details can be found at the FB page right? Imma look it up as there aint no link of the page posted.

:give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose:

Hi. :waving: Please post any info. and photos for this years One Rose here. It will help spread word and have more roses for MJ. Thank You Very Much.
:heart:
souldreamer7 MJJC Legacy Team Project Staff

Oh this is great! I was just talking about this in another thread with Petrarose. Thanks for starting this for this year. All details can be found at the FB page right? Imma look it up as there aint no link of the page posted.

Hi! Yes indeed, all the links can be found from the FB page. At present the details about how to purchase are at the top of the FB page, and I have added the FB link to post 1 above.
I've also added the link to the page describing the purchasing process and how to send messsages.

This is one fine Michael like project :wub:again and it's really easy to 'purchase' your rose or 3 or how many you can spend with Paypal :clap:
In that way, you FEEL you can HONOUR Michael on that faithful day...

If you do 'purchase' a rose and send a message for Michael to the G mail address above. You get a beautiful rose badge in return... It surely made my day when I received it...

This is one fine Michael like project :wub:again and it's really easy to 'purchase' your rose or 3 or how many you can spend with Paypal :clap:
In that way, you FEEL you can HONOUR Michael on that faithful day...

If you do 'purchase' a rose and send a message for Michael to the G mail address above. You get a beautiful rose badge in return... It surely made my day when I received it...

Thanks a sweet token to have. Thanks for sharing. :flowers:

Oh lord I just noticed my 'thanks' mark is at 666 :blink:

when i click on the FB link it brings me to the homepage or even search for the group on fb i cant seem to find it :( How come? Oh and what do i have to choose when theyre asking for a delivery address? Should I click on mine? I did receive an email form PayPal that its been through, but i havent received anything from your website.

Last edited:
MJ*PP;3806004 said:
when i click on the FB link it brings me to the homepage or even search for the group on fb i cant seem to find it :( How come? Oh and what do i have to choose when theyre asking for a delivery address? Should I click on mine? I did receive an email form PayPal that its been through, but i havent received anything from your website.

Hello, I've added a bit more from the instructions, which says what will happen after you've made the Paypal payment.

Once you’ve purchased your rose(s), you should receive an email from both paypal and #OneRose4MJJ to verify your purchase. The email from the #OneRose4MJJ team with provide further instructions for sending your #MessageToMichael, so that it may be published to our memorial blog along with your rose badge. Our memorial blog:Celebrating Our Beloved Michael

Email: OneRose4MJJ@gmail.com

Once you’ve submitted your message via email #OneRose4MJJ will post it for you to the memorial page, but give us at least 24-48 hours for it to appear on the memorial site. We* will email you to notify you when your message has been published, provide a link to your message and send you your personalized rose badge as well

All of these instructions are on the 'blogspot' link in post #1 above, and there is a link to the blogspot page from the top of the One Rose FB page.

*I'm afraid I'm not a member of the admin team, but I am sure that they will e-mail you with the 'message to Michael ' instructions as per above. The main administrators are in the USA, so you will most likely hear back from them at 'USA times', either in the day or after work.
All of the money willl go towards the costs of the roses, so don't worry about the 'delivery address', as this won't apply to the roses....the admins won't use that information as they are not sending anything to you (except an email message).

^ Yes I followed the steps on that blog actually :D but became concerned because I did not receive an email. How silly though, I haven't even thought about the huge time difference! Thanks for explaining :flowers:

I really didn't find any information on the FB page other then "This is how you can buy a rose" Assuming everybody did the same last year...

So to be clear, this person who organizes this collects the money to buy roses that will be sent to Forest hill on June 25, just to make sure I am not missing anything, is there any more to this? Does anything go to charity? Why don't people just send flowers on their own? Sorry if these questions are silly, I do think it's a nice idea.

(I don't want to join the group until I know what it is actually for)

I really didn't find any information on the FB page other then "This is how you can buy a rose" Assuming everybody did the same last year...

So to be clear, this person who organizes this collects the money to buy roses that will be sent to Forest hill on June 25, just to make sure I am not missing anything, is there any more to this? Does anything go to charity? Why don't people just send flowers on their own? Sorry if these questions are silly, I do think it's a nice idea.

Hello. Yes, you can find out more by reading our past threads and You can follow them on Twitter too via: @OneRose4MJJ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OneRose4MJ/

Also, check out the BlogSpot here:
http://celebratingourbelovedmichael.blogspot.com/

As well as this:
http://onerose4mjj.blogspot.com/2013/04/one-rose-for-michaela-childhood-of-hope.html

6sgx7k.jpg

Here is last year's event, this has been going on since 09/2010. Look through the history of this and check out past thread(s), Just research so you'll feel comfortable. Just trying to help you find some info.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-Cemetery-World-Wide-Fan-Event-June-25th-2012

MJJC Legacy Team Project wouldn't promote a false event, it is against out motto and standards here at MJJC. :)

:give_rose: ?:give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose:

Last edited:
Hello. Yes, you can find out more by reading our past threads and You can follow them on Twitter too via: @OneRose4MJJ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OneRose4MJ/

Also, check out the BlogSpot here:
http://celebratingourbelovedmichael.blogspot.com/

As well as this:
http://onerose4mjj.blogspot.com/2013/04/one-rose-for-michaela-childhood-of-hope.html

6sgx7k.jpg

Here is last year's event, this has been going on since 09/2010. Look through the history of this and check out past thread(s), Just research so you'll feel comfortable. Just trying to help you find some info.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...-Cemetery-World-Wide-Fan-Event-June-25th-2012

MJJC Legacy Team Project wouldn't promote a false event, it is against out motto and standards here at MJJC. :)

:give_rose: ?:give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose: :give_rose:

Oh wow that is a lot of resources, thank you! I never thought it was a false event, just one that I don't really understand. I'll be sure to read up!

Lark

Oh wow that is a lot of resources, thank you! I never thought it was a false event, just one that I don't really understand. I'll be sure to read up!

Lark

You're welcome. :) I hope it helped you with what you wanted.
I know you didn't think it was false, because this (thread in general) is posted, on behalf of MJJC I have to state that. No worries. :flowers:
I really think the one rose for MJ is a beautiful event and all those lovely roses are just amazing when gathered together on the 25th.
:heart:

Last edited:

Just to add ...
Lots of people ( and fan groups) do send their own flowers to Michael, and you can purchase/send flowers to Michael from the Forest Lawn (Glendale) flowershop by email. However, on this special ( especially sad) day, fans do like to show their love and appreciation 'in a big way', and joining a large group is the easiest way to do this. The group is extremely reliable and the administrators are very reputable members of the fan community, and are very well known.
The group also gives you the opportunity to add a message to Michael to the group 'message page', and it is both heartwarming and very emotional to be able to read all the messages. Look out for the 'globe' gif on the message page. This shows a little dot of light for each location from where a rose has been purchased. It is very humbling to see how far these lights spread across the globe. Lastly of course, the Onerose FB page is there all year round for members to share videos, pictures and messages. There are links to 'Onerose' supported charities, and also links to other fan groups who are donating to OneRose (for every 1000 roses, certain groups are adding extra donations. ) If members prefer to donate to one of the OneRose charities instead of buying a rose, then that is warmly appreciated too.

The New York fan group 'leader' often runs a Ustream chat session on Sundays, and MJ 'request' tracks are played for rose donors who participate during the session. Worth looking / listening out for if you are in the USA (or if the time difference fits with you). Links and timings are usually posted on the Onerose FB page.

Last edited:
♥ One Rose for Michael J. Jackson 2013

This is VERY good news!!

It is with great joy and happiness that I am able to publish again this year that "One RoseFor Michael J. Jackson" will again take place. Once more thanks to the commitment of loving, caring MJ fans who have worked diligently to make this a reality for Michael Jackson and Michael's loving fans around the world, we will again be honored to blanket Michael with LOVE in the form of a sea of red Freedom Roses.

♥ Michael's fans will continue our shower of red roses over Michael's resting place at Forest Lawn, Holly Terrace this year for the 4th anniversary of Michael's passing.

♥ Thrilling red roses everywhere for Michael Jackson at Holly Terrace to honor him on the anniversary of his death, June 25th, 2013.

♥ Thanks to Robyn and Sarrah for all their incredible, hard work in making it possible for MJ fans around the globe to continue to show our LOVE to Michael in this most spectacular way on the June 25th anniversary each year since his passing.

♥ Each year this has proven to be an amazingly beautiful and vibrant statement of LOVE to the world that Michael will ALWAYS be LOVED beyond measure and will ALWAYS be in our hearts, NEVER forgotten.

We continue to rise above! LOVE wins!

♥The price is $3.00 per long stem Freedom Red Rose ♥

PLEASE NOTE: Like last year the calculated cost per rose includes fees, money conversions, trucking costs, taxes and other costs. Once the mentioned fees are deducted any left over balance will go towards the purchase of more roses.

MJ fans can now buy your rose(s) via paypal:

♥ To purchase rose(s)

Instructions as follows:

1. Go to www.paypal.com

2. Log into your account

3. Click on ‘Send Money’

4. In the box that says ‘To (email or mobile phone) enter onerose4mjj@gmail.com

5. In the box marked ‘Amount’ enter the total amount in USD you are sending. Each long stem freedom rose is $3.00. To calculate the total amount of money needed to purchase your roses, multiply the number of roses you’d like to purchase by 3. You may also refer to the chart below:

1 Rose= $3.00
2 Roses=$6.00
1 Doz(12)=$36.00

6. Select ‘This is a purchase’ and click on ‘goods’!

- Once you have purchased roses then you will receive an email with the subject line: Purchase Verification-OneRose4MJJ.

- Please follow the instructions enclosed in that email to have your message to Michael and personalized rose badge published to the memorial blog!

- The email from the #OneRose4MJJ team with provide further instructions for sending your #MessageToMichael, so that it may be published to our memorial blog along with your rose badge.

Our memorial blog:
Celebrating Our Beloved Michaelhttp://celebratingourbelovedmichael.blogspot.com/

Once you’ve submitted your message via email #OneRose4MJJ it will be posted for you to the memorial page, but give us at least 24-48 hours for it to appear on the memorial site. You will receive an email notifying you when your message has been published, and will be provided a link to your message. You will also be sent your personalized rose badge at this time to post on your wall or keep in your files as well!

♥Again this year with the purchase of your rose(s) you will receive a beautiful personalized badge for posting and sharing or to save for personal memories to your files:

One Rose for Michael J. Jackson Face Book Badge:
http://www.picbadges.com/one-rose-f..._action_types=picbadges:add&fb_source=message

♥Please join One Rose for Michael J. Jackson on Face Book https://www.facebook.com/groups/OneRose4MJ/186649991448123/

"To give someone a piece of your heart,
is worth more than all the wealth in the world.”
~ Michael Jackson

♥ One Rose for Michael J. Jackson - Pay It Forward:
Also we are once again privileged to "Pay It Forward." Last year MJ fans delivered many buckets of roses to surprised, homeless women veterans at a Los Angeles Veterans woman's shelter. It is with great joy that we are able to share the wonderful consequencesof our act of LOVE. As a result of this giving gesture of LOVE in Michael's memory a seed was planted in the heart of an anonymous person present that day who witnessed the joy and appreciation the ladies experienced as they embraced their roses.

Our simple act of generosity grew exponentially as this anonymous donor personally took it upon themselves to continue the gift of flowers to the women veterans by generouslydelivering flowers every month after June 26th for the entire 2012 year. The smiles and LOVE grew and grew all year long with these regular flower deliveries. What an incredible thing! I am so proud and appreciative to be a apart of such a beautiful expression of LOVE. I do believe Michael is smiling down from heaven above.

Thank you to everyone who bought roses last year as you can hold in your hearts that you were also apart of this beautiful, loving gesture as we "Paid It Forward in Michael'sMemory."

Flowers were also taken last year to Baby Land and Lullaby Land at Forest Lawn, Glendale. Where Michael's Holly Terrace over looks the babies buried there. This is a perfect way to show respect and honor to these little souls whose parents and families no longer visit. This is the one time of year that flowers are showered down on them as well... in Michael's memory as we "Pay it Forward."

Sparrs Senior Center in Glendale was thrilled to be gifted with buckets of red roses for seniors to enjoy as they ate their meals in the cafeteria stage area. Sparrs reaches out toboth Seniors and young children as a social gathering place and Performing Arts Community Center. This made it the perfect place for our rose donation in Michael's memory. The buckets of roses much to our delight were placed center stage right where Michael will always belong. ♥

Excerpt from a Face Book post by Robyn Starkand:
"We will again this year pay the love forward in Michael's name donating the roses on June 26th to less fortunate people, bringing them joy and love, also included in this we will be bringing buckets of roses to Baby Land and Lullaby Land at Forest lawn as we did last year.... Michael will again be smiling down on us for continuing his message of love."
Thank you all for your love and support,
One Rose for Michael J. Jackson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

♥ PASSION GROWERS Philanthropy ♥

This company is so much what Michael was about. They continually reach out and give back to the community helping the sick children and those in need. They have worked with Robyn Starkand and gone above and beyond to make this project possible for MJ fans around the world to show their LOVE or Michael on the 3rd anniversary of his death.

Please go to this website to see the efforts of LOVE and healing they share with the community at large throughout the year:http://community.passiongrowers.com/category/philanthropy/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another wonderful blog website supporting One Rose for Michael J. Jackson:

With a Child's Heart 2013 - Tribute to Michael Jackson Roses and Charities...
Keeping Michael's message of healing the world alive. If you prefer to donate to charities or also would like to donate to charities there are three very meaningful charities set up via One Rose for Michael J. Jackson in MJ's memory. You can confidently donate in MJ's memory to any of them. Its all for LOVE ♥

Along with finding the One Rose charities at this link businesses, websites or pages can donate by matching rose donations on this website in MJ's memory.

Remember, as of this time for every 1,000 roses purchased: MJJusticeProject, Stop Global Airwave Abuse, MJ fans of Montreal, MJ fans of NY and Justice4MJ Always will be donating to the three One Rose for Michael J. Jackson charities matching set amounts of roses for each of their donations... taking our gesture of love and paying it forward!

- UNICEF

- AVRF: American Vitiligo Research Foundation

- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

http://<wbr>mjjjusticeproject.wordpress.com<wbr>/2013/04/02/<wbr>with-a-childs-heart-2013-tribut<wbr>e-to-michael-jackson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those who would rather give to a charity in MJ's memory you can also find the info about all three wonderful charities set up via One Rose for Michael J. Jackson on this You Tube video. Donate with confidence at the urls provided in the clickable links under this video on You Tube. All money given is direct to the charity in MJ's memory.

One Rose for Michael J. Jackson...Charities

[video=youtube_share;2G7i-B8-LoQ]http://youtu.be/2G7i-B8-LoQ[/video]
http://youtu.be/2G7i-B8-LoQ

Source: Michael's Heart Blog
http://mjbliss.blogspot.com/2013/03/one-rose-for-michael-j-jackson-2013.html

Hi everyone, I purchased a rose from the OneRose project about a month ago or so but I never received a confirmation email (or at least I can't seem to find it) I want to send a personalized message and have my rose badge sent to me but I don't know if it can be done since I bought it so long ago. Can anyone help? thank you! it's indeed, a beautiful project~
transaction ID # 2GB69303JN948952B

Hi everyone, I purchased a rose from the OneRose project about a month ago or so but I never received a confirmation email (or at least I can't seem to find it) I want to send a personalized message and have my rose badge sent to me but I don't know if it can be done since I bought it so long ago. Can anyone help? thank you! it's indeed, a beautiful project~
transaction ID # 2GB69303JN948952B

Hi. :waving: I would send them an email with your question(s) and give them all your information, and send them your message that you want. Let them know what you wanted. Also check your junk or spam folder in your email maybe it's in there, sometimes depending on what email you use it could go to your junk/spam folders. Give them an email and then, give them time to reply back to you. Hope this helps. P.S. Look at your email for a Search Mail box and type in onerose4mjj and hit enter/search maybe you've just overlooked it.. Good Luck. :)
onerose4mjj@gmail.com

Last edited:
I'm so glad that we get this opportunity also this year.
Many thanks to everyone involved. :give_rose:

I have a question. After I purchase the roses do I wait to get the email they got the order and then send my message to Michael? Or do I send my message when I buy the roses? Thanks.

I have a question. After I purchase the roses do I wait to get the email they got the order and then send my message to Michael? Or do I send my message when I buy the roses? Thanks.

After your purchase you will receive an email from onerose4mjj which shows where to place your message to Michael. :waving:

After your purchase you will receive an email from onerose4mjj which shows where to place your message to Michael. :waving:

How long after you've made the donation do you get an email? I donated earlier today but still haven't gotten an email.

How long after you've made the donation do you get an email? I donated earlier today but still haven't gotten an email.
I could be a day or two. You can also email them - send your message for Michael stating you didn't get confirmation yet and show your confirmation from paypal .. but they are very busy as they have a twitterthon last night and had tons of donations come in. So they may just be trying to catch up. Here is the address OneRose4MJJ?@gmail.com

An amazingly, beautiful flyer created by @mjYanaGirl to promote #OneRose4MJJ

Hello Ladies and Gents!

I just wanted to share this #OneRose4MJJ flyer I designed for passing out at the 7th Annual Dance Parade New York. This will be our 4th year representing MJ at the Dance Parade but 2013 will truly be something special because Michael Jackson fans are LEADING the parade!

If you can&#8217;t be there in person, join us in spirit!
We will be posting photos and videos LIVE from the parade on the event page
: http://on.fb.me/10e7r7u

Source: http://onerose4mjj.tumblr.com/post/50291150198/an-amazingly-beautiful-flyer-created-by

Back