THIS IS IT! 5 years later...

Zakk

Proud Member
On this day we remember the public announcement Michael gave at London's O2 Arena in front of his adoring fans. This was Michael's dream, his come back to Live entertaining after more than 10 years after his final Tour 'HIStory'. Michael appeared to be in high spirits as he delivered his speech to the fans. And those final words before exiting the arena. ''See You In July'' Michael, i know you're in a better place now and i thank you for everything that you blessed us with during your memorable stay here on Planet earth. we all adore you, you are eternally alive in the abyss of each of our hearts and we will support you forever. L.O.V.E you King :heart:

http://onlineathens.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/full/Jackson-AEG Suit_Hugh_2.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about this all morning, 5 years have come and gone and times and certainly people have moved forward. You know, I think we all could agree we wish we could have seen just 1 comeback performance but then again, Michael never had to prove himself, He's already done it!

Rest in Heaven beautiful angel!

i still remember that day, where he did that announcement....
it was a boring school day for me and while checking news on my phone - i nearly felt from the chair - MJ announced to go on tour again. that made me so happy and thrilled.

it still feels like yesterday :(

L.O.V.E. MJ

I wish he would have done at least 1 concert. I know he wanted to do it for his fans and for his kids but something for just him. My hope is always that he knew he was loved.

Mixed feelings.... Bitter Sweet.
Love You Michael..

He was so scared that noone or only a few would come and then he came there and saw all these people screaming his name.
I think he was very touched about it.
He didn´t have to prove anything but I think it would have been nice for him to show he wasn´t a has-been, he was still king of pop the greatest entertainer in the world.

five years already? I really don't know what to say. feeling a lot of things right now. I will say I will always love him and miss him very much. God bless your soul Michael and rest in peace sweet angel.

The greatest entertainer in the world, always. I miss you, MJ. I hope you know how much I love you. :give_rose:

Michael looked so focused and in the zone.. if only if that damn excuse for a doctor didn't come into the fold, thing's would have panned out far differently.. it never should have been raised to 50 concerts either.. that amount is just ridiculous.

I remember hearing about the announcement. I really didn't know what to think then. I was happy for him. But I really didn't show it. Because of my health problems I was going through then. But besides the health problems I was going through then. I really did thought I had something to really look forward to that summer. When I will be feeling better then. I still can't believe how wrong I was about that summer.:( :boohoo Every single time I look at my framed This Is It poster on my one bedroom wall. Or any of my other This Is It related items. I still can't help and think what could have been.:( :boohoo

I was really, really excited. I remember watching the 'comeback' video like everyday. Everything stopped just to see the king back on stage, ready to rock our world once again. Man... It doesn't look like it has already been five years. :no:

It was a good time, good times indeed. My only gripe is that I wished Michael was allowed the chance to perform at least opening night. So he can show his children, his family, the world and himself that he's still the man. If anybody remembers the smile he had on his face after he performed TDCAU during the TII rehearsals, imagine the smiles he'd have after that first show....That's all I wish I could've seen.

I miss him so much sometimes..Five years have gone by so fast.

Can't believe it's really been five years. This was before I was a fan, so when I saw the announcement my reaction was pretty much just "Wow, he's retiring, huh? Good for him." To think that behind the scenes it was a different story... :( Never thought I would miss another human being so much.

I thought of this recently- not this appearance specifically, but just the fact that it has been almost 5 years since he passed. I never really came to terms with his passing because I simply didn't want to believe it. I never even watched the funeral, and to this day I still haven't. I've seen bits and pieces here and there- mainly Paris' speech and Mariah's performance (I lost it when I watched).

Anyway, yeah. Five years. It's still unbelievable that he's gone. But he lives on in my heart and my memory, so he's not really gone after all.

I was just watching the movie tonight and wow, Michael sure was happy and so ready. It's been 6 years now and I still wish he could have done at least 1 show!

That is one MJ related video. I absolutely refused to watch. Nor do I want to have anything to do with. I will be way more than an absolute mess. If I try to watch it. And I am one fan who hasn't seen This Is It yet. I wish I never gotten the dvd of it. And thankfully I have it in a container. Where I hope I never have to see it ever again. This Is It is the only MJ era I really wish never even existed to begin with.:( :boohoo

That is one MJ related video. I absolutely refused to watch. Nor do I want to have anything to do with. I will be way more than an absolute mess. If I try to watch it. And I am one fan who hasn't seen This Is It yet. I wish I never gotten the dvd of it. And thankfully I have it in a container. Where I hope I never have to see it ever again. This Is It is the only MJ era I really wish never even existed to begin with.:( :boohoo

On the contrary, I think This Is It was very necessary - it helped solidify Michael's standing. No other tour/concert was as globally anticipated or as hyped as This Is It - and Michael hadn't released an album for more than 8 years! He was setting records like he did when he was at his peak!

So while it does sadden me to think he wasn't able to perform This Is It and that he died so young, it gives me a lot of strength when I think about the 1 million tickets sold in about 4 or 5 hours - imagine what would have happened if he planned to tour! And the This Is It concert film is still the highest grossing concert footage!

OH MY GOSH! They need to release more footage! It's taking tooooooooooo long!

I remember my wife (girlfriend at the time) her wifi went down in the house and she had to go find a place she can do her homework.... Once this started streaming we were sitting in an apartment complex parking lot using someone's Wi-Fi to watch this on her lap top!!

I first learned MJ was planning to tour a few days prior to the press announcement for the tour. I watched a video of MJ and Christian Audiger shopping from late February 2009 on a site and I believe I saw a link to another video where Audiger (who died in July of this year. Rest in peace) announced to paparazzi that MJ would tour. I'm not sure if I watched that video, though.

I didn't think too much of it at that point. When I found out from the news (I think it was Fox) on my TV that MJ had announced he was going to tour, I was excited, but I was also worried because the news report said MJ was planning to retire after the tour. I didn't want him to retire. Still, I was very excited, and I eagerly went online to watch the video for the press announcement for the tour. I also remember the website for voting for what songs you wanted to see performed in the tour. I'm not exactly sure what songs I voted for, but I definitely voted.

I gotta say, I'm feeling very nostalgic right now, looking back to when the tour was first announced. But looking back also makes me sad, for obvious reasons.

It never should have been scheduled

I definitely see why you would say that. I wonder if Michael would still be alive today if the tour was never scheduled.

As far as This Is It should not be scheduled.. I can't agree with that... What Conrad did slowly killed Michael, not he rehearsals.. It's amazing that he lived as long as he did under the circumstances and was coherent enough for months to have proper motor functions - let alone rehears and plan for a tour..

I'm thinking 10th anniversary...

I'm seriously hoping never. It just makes me think way too much. How that summer was suppose to be the most greatest summer of my life. And then some evil monster comes along and totally killed it for me.:( :boohoo And brought on my constant state of deep depression and insomnia. That I am now forced to live with. I'm sorry but like I had said before. This Is It should never had happen.:(

If there were to be a 10th anniversary, an extended edition wouldn't work in my opinion.. maybe an alternate version of the film with different rehearsal dates/angles, then the bonus features include unseen performances/run through's/discussion/pre-planning/center staging featurette etc.

^ Isnt what you described pretty much what a 10th anniversary edition be? lol! "extended version" and/or more bonus features..

I'd hope that an anniversary version would be more than a fancy case...haha

If we are going to get more rehearsal footage I'd guess it would be more from The Forum, which half of This Is It was anyway..They advertise as Staple Center rehearsals but a lot of it wasn't

I'm thinking 10th anniversary...

I can't take 3 more years... :eek:hno:

I'm seriously hoping never. It just makes me think way too much. How that summer was suppose to be the most greatest summer of my life. And then some evil monster comes along and totally killed it for me.:( :boohoo And brought on my constant state of deep depression and insomnia. That I am now forced to live with. I'm sorry but like I had said before. This Is It should never had happen.:(

Stop being negative. Jesus. See the bright side of life.

I can't take 3 more years... :eek:hno:

Stop being negative. Jesus. See the bright side of life.

What bright side? When I had forever lost that on that horrible June date.:( I really don't understand you fans. How you can sit and watch This Is It. While knowing full well what was about to happen to Michael. Just days or even weeks later. That is something I really can't handle. And why I wish This Is It should never have happen.:(

MJsBollywoodGirl7;4109059 said:
What bright side? When I had forever lost that on that horrible June date.:( I really don't understand you fans. How you can sit and watch This Is It. While knowing full well what was about to happen to Michael. Just days or even weeks later. That is something I really can't handle. And why I wish This Is It should never have happen.:(

I feel yé, I really do but everyone copes in a different way!
The ones who can watch it are lucky cause they found a way to 'block' the sadness and at least enjoy the 'mastery' of MJ there.

As for me :blush: I can't watch anything related to This is it too :blush: so I just stay away from it and FOCUS my energy on other stuff that makes me SMILE.

So, that is why I don't even post in this thread apart from now :mello:

Back