Exquisite BAD Tour Rehearsal footage + Discussion

Zakk

Proud Member
This footage is just simply divine, they really need to release the 1988 Tour on Blu-Ray with footage like this as bonus features. It really does need to be seen.

^^^I agree with you 100%. I remember watching the Entertainment Tonight Special on the Bad Tour at the time, but it wasn't until this interview that I found out that she got to have a private dinner with him. Grrr-so jealous. :(

^^^I agree with you 100%. I remember watching the Entertainment Tonight Special on the Bad Tour at the time, but it wasn't until this interview that I found out that she got to have a private dinner with him. Grrr-so jealous. :(

''He wasn't allowed to speak on camera'' was this because of copyright? as he had his crew there filming also?

Rehearsals would be great extra material indeed but I have hard time thinking that they would put full rehearsals there. It would be great though.

1987 rehearsals would also be great:
tumblr_mgu0r2IWMF1r6ug3ho1_500.png

bad-tour-rehearsals-3-mj-behind-the-scenes-20136516-600-468.jpg

michael-jackson-on-stage-rehearsal-rehearsing-setting-up-stage-Favim.com-68993.jpg

This footage is just simply divine, they really need to release the 1988 Tour on Blu-Ray with footage like this as bonus features. It really does need to be seen.

I love the part when you can hear the breakdown on Man In The Mirror. The first night in Kansas City is my dream concert to see.

I have to give it to Mary Hart though. She didn't sensationalize or exaggerate or try to serve an agenda, even 27 years later she kept it classy, poignant and real. Nice to see some people still have souls in today's industry

Rehearsals would be great extra material indeed but I have hard time thinking that they would put full rehearsals there. It would be great though.

1987 rehearsals would also be great:
tumblr_mgu0r2IWMF1r6ug3ho1_500.png

bad-tour-rehearsals-3-mj-behind-the-scenes-20136516-600-468.jpg

michael-jackson-on-stage-rehearsal-rehearsing-setting-up-stage-Favim.com-68993.jpg

He rehearsed several days, some full out.. some not!

Comparison of what i mean..

And here..

Different days, different levels of effort.

''He wasn't allowed to speak on camera'' was this because of copyright? as he had his crew there filming also?

No, he didn't talk on camera because of copyright...

He just wasn't there to be interviewed. Just a pre-arranged agreement.

I think both rehearsals from Japan and Pensacola to come out officially it would be awesome. I remember recording The Jacksons Expose on ET on VHS in early 2004 showing parts of the Pensacola rehearsal and I loved the part when Michael took Mary in to see the crew rehearsing "Man In In The Mirror" while she's speaking with Michael.

As for the "I'm not allowed to speak on camera", I have to doubt that I don't it has to do with copyrights, I think it's because it's way too private for us audience to know.

Oh man, if I would've known he was rehearsing in Pensacola back then... :girl_sigh:

I would love to have all of this rehearsal footage, too.

I heard somewhere before that he did a full dress rehearsal in front of 300 children. It would be great indeed to see that rehearsal or the first night in Kansas

It's easy, Concert from New York March 3 and Reherseals in extras from Pensacola or Kansas city, this is my dream, i don't care if the concert is in Jumbotron or Film camera, only i wish to see the best of the Tour that it was in United States with Live Vocals in all Songs except Man in the Mirror, i dont want another concert from Europe, in Bad25 this was a great mistake, i mean, there is alot of better concerts than Wembley concerts, many of them from USA from March to May, with all vocals like New York, but New York is my first Choice.

It's easy, Concert from New York March 3 and Reherseals in extras from Pensacola or Kansas city, this is my dream, i don't care if the concert is in Jumbotron or Film camera, only i wish to see the best of the Tour that it was in United States with Live Vocals in all Songs except Man in the Mirror, i dont want another concert from Europe, in Bad25 this was a great mistake, i mean, there is alot of better concerts than Wembley concerts, many of them from USA from March to May, with all vocals like New York, but New York is my first Choice.

I'd prefer a European show on Blu-Ray much more than a New York show in poor quality, Beta Cam dress rehearsal from Pensacola is a must.

I'd prefer a European show on Blu-Ray much more than a New York show in poor quality, Beta Cam dress rehearsal from Pensacola is a must.

How do you know they used Beta Cam? In Bad 25 booklet they talked about U-matic tapes.

Back