Create a different title track

analogue

Proud Member
If you could use a different title track for MJ's albums, which one would you use?

My title tracks:
Off The Wall - Working Day And Night
Thriller - P.Y.T
BAD - Smooth Criminal
Dangerous - Jam
HIStory - Scream
Blood On The Dance Floor - Ghosts
Invincible - Unbreakable

Mine will be:

"Off The Wall" - "Rock With You"
"Thriller" - "Billie Jean"
"BAD" - "Man In The Mirror"
"Dangerous" - "Black Or White"
"HIStory" - "Childhood"
"Blood On The Dance Floor" - "Ghosts"
"Invincible" - "Unbreakable"

These are terrible, just shows the album titles are fine how they are as simple single words.

For 'Thriller' Got The Hots could have worked.. and for 'BAD' i would say 'Streetwalker' but i love Michael's chosen decisions. (I know these are not on the LP's, but they're bad ass especially the latter).

All the same as they were except for Invincible, he should have changed tack at this point and gone for Whatever Happens.

Off The Wall-I Can't Help It
Thriller-Human Nature
Bad-Liberian Girl
Dangerous-Who Is It
HIStory-Stranger In Moscow
Blood On The Dance Floor-Morphine

Just like what others have said on here. I prefer the original titles as well.

Love Unbreakable, everything else can stay the same.

Mine would be:

Off The Wall
Thriller
BAD
Dangerous
HIStory
Is It Scary (maybe Ghosts or Morphine as a one word title)
Unbreakable

Mine would be:

Off The Wall
Thriller
BAD
Dangerous
HIStory
Is It Scary (maybe Ghosts or Morphine as a one word title)
Unbreakable

This is the best one.

I've been thinking about it and I really could not come up with a better title for most of his album than the title they have. So for me to change the title of OTW, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory just for the sake of it does not seem to have a point, because to me those are the best choices. The only two albums where there could be a change are BOTDF and Invincible. Indeed Unbreakable would be better for the latter, because Unbreakable, the song is about himself, while Invincible is about a woman being Invincible, not him (and many people, who did not listen to the song, erroneously think just based on the title that he must be singing about himself as invincible). And I don't have strong feelings about the title of BOTDF either way, so yeah Is It Scary would sound good. But BOTDF is good too.

^^ IMO they should have released Ghosts/BOTDF as a single + deluxe edition.. no remix album etc.

For 'Thriller' Got The Hots could have worked.. and for 'BAD' i would say 'Streetwalker' but i love Michael's chosen decisions. (I know these are not on the LP's, but they're bad ass especially the latter).

I think that was the initial official title for BAD

I think that was the initial official title for BAD

it was initially suppose to be called 'Smooth Criminal' but if Streetwalker was to be included in the tracklist, it would be criminal if it wasn't the album title

For the 1st four albums, MJ chose the right title track. Not a fan of HIStory. I would have gone with Scream or 2Bad for that one. BOTDF was ok, although we weren't use to MJ using a long title such as that. Is It Scary would have made a great title, or even Ghosts, as this is in a way, the soundtrack to the Ghosts film.

Invincible is by far the worst one. I would have used the strongest track off the album as the title track, and that IMO is Whatever Happens.

For the 1st four albums, MJ chose the right title track. Not a fan of HIStory. I would have gone with Scream or 2Bad for that one. BOTDF was ok, although we weren't use to MJ using a long title such as that. Is It Scary would have made a great title, or even Ghosts, as this is in a way, the soundtrack to the Ghosts film.

Invincible is by far the worst one. I would have used the strongest track off the album as the title track, and that IMO is Whatever Happens.

"Whatever Happens" as a album title would have been prophetic.

"HIStory" was a perfect title.

For the 1st four albums, MJ chose the right title track. Not a fan of HIStory. I would have gone with Scream or 2Bad for that one.

Since he already had an album with the title Bad, 2Bad would have sounded as if it is meant to be a sequel to Bad which HIStory wasn't, so no.
Scream is not that bad, but I think HIStory was a good choice.

(BTW, fun fact - the famous horror movie "Scream" was named after the MJ song.)

Since he already had an album with the title Bad, 2Bad would have sounded as if it is meant to be a sequel to Bad which HIStory wasn't, so no.
Scream is not that bad, but I think HIStory was a good choice.

(BTW, fun fact - the famous horror movie "Scream" was named after the MJ song.)

It would have overshadowed the album with a lot of pessimism

Back