short films MJ should have produced while alive

jjason782

Proud Member
I created this thread to share your ideas for music videos that you would have liked to have seen MJ make. I'll start by sharing my two ideas.

X-scape
imagine Michael Jackson having been abducted by aliens. he's on board the spaceship. the sounds of space probes, computers, droids, and other pieces of technology are what's making the sound of the beat. The aliens want to experiment on Michael. Towards the end of the video Michael begins his X-scape!

Eaten Alive
This would have to be recorded to include more MJ and live up to it's full potential.

I imagine a Hensle and Gretel inspired story starring MJ and Diana Ross as Hensley and Gretel. Have it directed by Tim Burton. Make it dark and scary.

Unbreakable

I heard the video was supposed to be like Michael falling from a tower and singing

And I think it had a few famous actors

unbreakable for me too...

Though there are other songs id love to see as short films but michael (from what weve heard) had a concept for the video and he wanted it to be a big spectical..

i would have loved to see it brought to life!

I wish he had got to make the short film for Threatened.

I've just written a Blog about it :cheeky: "Half of me" :blush:

I would definately choose "Threatened" as I love the Horror genre and even MJ was eager 'to get his hands on this one' :D

Like a sequel to Ghosts where the same characters play in and more is revealed of the Maesto and why the Mayor doesn't like the Maestro. More footage of the 'games' Maestro plays in 'someplace else' ;)

Chicago for the drama :rofl:
A Place With No Name too. I imagine that film would be like those old western movies.

I wish Invincible got more short films. Songs like Unbreakable, Butterflies, Threatened, Heartbreaker and Break of Dawn could have been great short films. They could have made 1 film separated between Butterflies and Break of Dawn :D Threatened would have been a great follow up to Thriller and Ghost. I wish the Invincible era was a better time for Michael, because that album is his most underrated one, while Invincible has great songs.

Liberian Girl deserves MUCH better, like analogue said. They screwed the song with the short film, because of the actors talking over the song. Liberian Girl should be something like Remember The Time style. I wish that Just Good Friends had a short film as well, just to see Mike and Stevie in one short film.

Dangerous, I wish they filmed that short film. I could have been such an awesome one. Such a shame. I read somewhere that they were planning to do a Dangerous short film, but eventually canceled it due to the nonsense allegations. Is this true?

Just Good Friends
Liberian Girl deserved better
Totally agree with these. I think a video of just Stevie and Michael singing that song in the studio (as we saw in BAD 25), would have been absolutely perfect.

And although I think Liberian Girl video was cute, I would love to see one that starts out the same way-in a tropical village with Beverly Johnson and then we go on with that plot line.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'.
Threatened.
Dangerous. There was a compilation type video I believe, but I mean one dedicated to the song. I really would of loved one for this.

Speechless. I know the thread didn't ask for what type of video, but this just came to my mind... I'm thinking a stripped back video. Similar to She's Out Of My Life. I feel one focused purely on MJ and no extravagance. Maybe MJ walking through various places with a girl in the video appearing at times, but only in short bursts. Like he sees the girl in all the various places. Like on a billboard in one spot. Then on a poster in another place. Then at the end with the acapella it's just MJ and the girl face to face and he sings the lyrics face to face.

Or with the acapella part at the end, he's singing to a photograph of him and the girl together. Then the part where he says at the end 'Words like...' there's a pause. He turns and the girl is there and he finishes with 'like I love you' and she walks towards him.

Last edited:
Songs from Invincible like Unbreakable and Threatened are definitely short film worthy. A short film for 2000 Watts would have been interesting too.

Dangerous.... short film by David Lynch.
A pity they only worked together for that short little teaser clip.
Would have been a perfect match for a full short film of that song.

During Dangerous phase Michael seemed to have been very inspired by Lynchs work (Twin Peaks, Dune etc)... see Pepsi "Dreams" commercial, Sony "Desert" commercial etc

Dangerous.... short film by David Lynch.
A pity they only worked together for that short little teaser clip.
Would have been a perfect match for a full short film of that song.

During Dangerous phase Michael seemed to have been very inspired by Lynchs work (Twin Peaks, Dune etc)... see Pepsi "Dreams" commercial, Sony "Desert" commercial etc

For what it's worth, I'm fairly sure it was Bill Bottrell that slipped the Twin Peaks tidbits into some of the Dangerous era stuff. At least that's what I've gathered from here.

For what it's worth, I'm fairly sure it was Bill Bottrell that slipped the Twin Peaks tidbits into some of the Dangerous era stuff. At least that's what I've gathered from here.

Ah, i almost forgot about that one.

I meant the visual works though. The Dreams and Desert commercials just scream Lynch... if you know his works from that time.

Back